Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out 08:41 - Jan 10 with 2853 viewsSaintNick

The Echo has said that the Echo is saying that Rotherham is now the 8th away game in a row that has been sold out, this is a season of long runs.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 09:38 - Jan 10 with 2785 viewskingslandstand1

But do we not get a lower number of tickets in the Championship? Also must be a few new grounds to go to as encouragement to travel?
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 10:46 - Jan 10 with 2733 viewsfranniesTache

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 09:38 - Jan 10 by kingslandstand1

But do we not get a lower number of tickets in the Championship? Also must be a few new grounds to go to as encouragement to travel?

yeah the home team only has to offer 10% or 2k, compared to the premier league which is 10% or 3k.

To be honest 8 in a row doesn't sound a lot, there was really only a handful that we didn't sell out in the premier league.

Numbers wise there can be absolutely no complaints about our away support at the moment.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 2609 viewsA1079

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 10:46 - Jan 10 by franniesTache

yeah the home team only has to offer 10% or 2k, compared to the premier league which is 10% or 3k.

To be honest 8 in a row doesn't sound a lot, there was really only a handful that we didn't sell out in the premier league.

Numbers wise there can be absolutely no complaints about our away support at the moment.

You are right - no complaints about the support in terms of numbers but there have been alot of complaints/negative comments about the vocal nature of the support. Not sure what we do about improving that as it needs someone or some group to offer something better than the range of chants that are currently being used that fans can connect with.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 2580 viewsNumber_58

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:09 - Jan 10 by A1079

You are right - no complaints about the support in terms of numbers but there have been alot of complaints/negative comments about the vocal nature of the support. Not sure what we do about improving that as it needs someone or some group to offer something better than the range of chants that are currently being used that fans can connect with.

We could buy some Grimsby fans in the transfer window.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:39 - Jan 10 with 2570 viewsfranniesTache

Ban dark fruits, bad quality gak, songs about pompey and social media, then turf out anyone who thinks "bantz" like library songs are a part of an away day and we'd have a start.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:50 - Jan 10 with 2551 views1teeminants

Fans of clubs like Man U have a vast array of songs everybody knows the words. Say what you like about Man U but their away support is top class. I stand in Itchen north and although I’m an old git I do like a sing song and always have done but when a new song is sung many don’t know the words ffs . The Stuart Armstrong song is brilliant and was sung superbly by Celtic but it hasn’t really caught on here . Maybe we could all meet in the pub and practice singing the songs together before the matches .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:51 - Jan 10 with 2550 viewsTimSaint

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 10:46 - Jan 10 by franniesTache

Why doesn't 8 in a row sound a lot ? Look at the fixture and see what a fantastic effort our fans have put in over the season so far and no doubt will for our remaining games.

We are sure to make it 9 in a row, with the next league game being Bristol City away - 3k on a Wednesday night (approx 2/3 sold already). We will also sell out Watford in the FA Cup. Despite being moved to a Friday night, WBA should still be popular and sell out as well. In fact, depending on what allocations we are offered / take, I can see the remainder of our league aways selling out.

Going back, the game we didn't sell out was Preston, but still took about 2.5k there midweek. Lots more would have gone if it was on a Saturday. We sold out at Hull - despite the travel difficulties. Not sure about Stoke as that was midweek, or Boro, but we sold out Sunderland, Plymouth, Gillingham and Sheff Weds (4K).

TimSaint

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 2535 viewsPatfromPoole

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:51 - Jan 10 by TimSaint

Why doesn't 8 in a row sound a lot ? Look at the fixture and see what a fantastic effort our fans have put in over the season so far and no doubt will for our remaining games.

We are sure to make it 9 in a row, with the next league game being Bristol City away - 3k on a Wednesday night (approx 2/3 sold already). We will also sell out Watford in the FA Cup. Despite being moved to a Friday night, WBA should still be popular and sell out as well. In fact, depending on what allocations we are offered / take, I can see the remainder of our league aways selling out.

Going back, the game we didn't sell out was Preston, but still took about 2.5k there midweek. Lots more would have gone if it was on a Saturday. We sold out at Hull - despite the travel difficulties. Not sure about Stoke as that was midweek, or Boro, but we sold out Sunderland, Plymouth, Gillingham and Sheff Weds (4K).

I went to Stoke, think there were about 1,700 of us; it wasn’t full.

TBH If Watford give us 4,000 tickets, we may struggle to sell them, given that we have just played there, and there are a number of big away games coming up in the League.

People only have so much money, time etc….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 16:19 - Jan 10 with 2465 viewsBuggalugs

Definitely didn't sell out Sunderland. We had about 1600 of a 2000 allocation which is still pretty good considering it was a 12.30ko. Boro was very close to being sold out....only a few empties dotted about there.

I think numbers were always going to be good this season with the novelty factor kicking in for lots. Also helps we rarely lose of course.
[Post edited 10 Jan 16:21]

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 2394 views1teeminants

Boro fans I met in pubs were well impressed with our numbers, many were surprised. As I said before many youngsters haven’t been to these grounds. it was always going to be healthy numbers wise.

I expect we’ll sell out Watford, Bristol City, West Brom ,Leicester and Ipswich in fact because of the run we’re on probably every game for the rest of the season . People get used to winning and enjoy it, I’m loving it .

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:46 - Jan 10 with 2379 viewsSalisburySaint

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:34 - Jan 10 by 1teeminants

Boro fans I met in pubs were well impressed with our numbers, many were surprised. As I said before many youngsters haven’t been to these grounds. it was always going to be healthy numbers wise.

I expect we’ll sell out Watford, Bristol City, West Brom ,Leicester and Ipswich in fact because of the run we’re on probably every game for the rest of the season . People get used to winning and enjoy it, I’m loving it .

Only game we might not sell out will be Blackburn, but that’s only because we can get up 7,000 tickets for that game if the demand is there
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:59 - Jan 10 with 2370 viewsericofarabia

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:34 - Jan 10 by 1teeminants

Don't forget Sunderland was switched to a ridiculous 1230 ko and there was a train strike and on Sky!
A cold wet windy Tuesday night in Stoke was ways going to sort the men out from the boys on a school night,and wasn't that also on tv?
I don't know why the singing has deteriorated after some great efforts early on. Complacency ? Expecting to win every game and get bored waiting for some open exciting moves from the 1st minute?
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 20:22 - Jan 10 with 2284 viewsSouthamptonfan

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:46 - Jan 10 by SalisburySaint

Only game we might not sell out will be Blackburn, but that’s only because we can get up 7,000 tickets for that game if the demand is there

I think Blackburn will be popular despite being so far north. We will get a whole end as you say of 7000 fans. Could be a special occasion as this game is towards the end of the season and is in the Easter holidays. As we head towards the end of the season, if we continue to be on the verge of automatic promotion, the excitement and need to be there, will grow and grow. As someone else said, it's great winning games and we all want to be there. Blackburn could be a real sea of colour.
[Post edited 10 Jan 20:24]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 21:34 - Jan 10 with 2242 views1teeminants

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 20:22 - Jan 10 by Southamptonfan

I think Blackburn will be popular despite being so far north. We will get a whole end as you say of 7000 fans. Could be a special occasion as this game is towards the end of the season and is in the Easter holidays. As we head towards the end of the season, if we continue to be on the verge of automatic promotion, the excitement and need to be there, will grow and grow. As someone else said, it's great winning games and we all want to be there. Blackburn could be a real sea of colour.
[Post edited 10 Jan 20:24]

Looking forward to Blackburn away. Staying in Burnley with a Burnley supporting mate . Place to be.

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 10:09 - Jan 11 with 2111 viewsIanSouthstander

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 14:03 - Jan 10 by PatfromPoole

I went to Stoke, think there were about 1,700 of us; it wasn’t full.

TBH If Watford give us 4,000 tickets, we may struggle to sell them, given that we have just played there, and there are a number of big away games coming up in the League.

People only have so much money, time etc….

I don't know the exact numbers we took to Stoke on a cold tuesday night in october, but it was more than decent.
Speaking to a steward outside the turnstiles , he said he knew we would be bringing a lot because the burger vans only plot up when they expect a big away following.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 10:17 - Jan 11 with 2105 viewsIanSouthstander

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 17:46 - Jan 10 by SalisburySaint

You'd like to think that the club would reward the fans who travel the length and breadth of the country week in and week out with free travel/subsidised tickets for this one.
That would boost the numbers to fill the away end.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:03 - Jan 11 with 2023 viewsfranniesTache

I don't need to look at the fixtures i'm at most games, the reason I don't think 8 is a huge amount is because in the premier league we sold out virtually every away game.

That's with bigger allocations and mostly the same grounds every season.

This season we've got smaller allocations at most grounds and a lot more new grounds.

I'd be interested to see what the average away attendance is for us at the end of the season as i've got a feeling it's probably gone down on last season
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:07 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewsyateleysaint

It reads like there’s an echo in that post!

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:19 - Jan 11 with 2008 viewsericofarabia

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:03 - Jan 11 by franniesTache

I don't need to look at the fixtures i'm at most games, the reason I don't think 8 is a huge amount is because in the premier league we sold out virtually every away game.

That's with bigger allocations and mostly the same grounds every season.

This season we've got smaller allocations at most grounds and a lot more new grounds.

I'd be interested to see what the average away attendance is for us at the end of the season as i've got a feeling it's probably gone down on last season

Last year was good in the fact that the club actually bovvered to take up the bigger allocations on offer, particularly Chelsea places like Chelsea where in the past they bizarrely took the lowest amount 🤔
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:23 - Jan 11 with 2002 viewsfranniesTache

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:19 - Jan 11 by ericofarabia

Last year was good in the fact that the club actually bovvered to take up the bigger allocations on offer, particularly Chelsea places like Chelsea where in the past they bizarrely took the lowest amount 🤔

I thought Chelsea wasn't the club's choice? Didn't they reduce our allocation for a while because of persistent standing the away end (in the days before they had rail seats)?
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 15:00 - Jan 11 with 1935 viewsBuggalugs

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 13:23 - Jan 11 by franniesTache

I thought Chelsea wasn't the club's choice? Didn't they reduce our allocation for a while because of persistent standing the away end (in the days before they had rail seats)?

They reduced our allocation because of persistent monginess from our fans as Stamford Bridge was the birthplace of the Baby Shark (Angus Gunn) song.

Quite right too.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 1785 viewsPatfromPoole

Even less convinced that we will sell 4,000 for Watford in the Cup now that they have put it back to 2pm on the Sunday….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:17 - Jan 12 with 1778 viewsSouthamptonfan

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:12 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

Even less convinced that we will sell 4,000 for Watford in the Cup now that they have put it back to 2pm on the Sunday….

Why have they done that? Eastleigh play Man U.on the very same day. Ridiculous lack of common sense. Many will choose to go to Eastleigh instead. Shame for Saints as we would otherwise take a big following.

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 1751 views1ASIN12

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:17 - Jan 12 by Southamptonfan

Why have they done that? Eastleigh play Man U.on the very same day. Ridiculous lack of common sense. Many will choose to go to Eastleigh instead. Shame for Saints as we would otherwise take a big following.

Eastleigh will have around 4000 fans against Manchester U if they win the replay. Can’t see it making much difference to our away following at Watford .

I doubt we will sell out now , I doubt our group will go now and it’s nothing to do IF Eastleigh are playing the same time.
8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 20:12 - Jan 12 with 1721 viewsSouthamptonfan

8 Away Games In A Row Sold Out on 19:53 - Jan 12 by 1ASIN12

Eastleigh will have around 4000 fans against Manchester U if they win the replay. Can’t see it making much difference to our away following at Watford .

I doubt we will sell out now , I doubt our group will go now and it’s nothing to do IF Eastleigh are playing the same time.

Maybe for you, but I do know some Saints fans who chose Eastleigh v Bolton rather than Saints V Palace I think it was,.a few years ago. It may have a bit of an impact and ofcourse being on a Sunday will reduce our following even more. Having the two games on different days would have been the sensible thing to do imo.
[Post edited 12 Jan 20:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024