Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Che Adams 21:33 - Jul 16 with 4752 viewsMeonsaint

If he fell in a barrel of tits he would come out sucking his thumb
Che Adams on 21:36 - Jul 16 with 3228 viewsA1079

Chris Sutton making good points about Adams - not anticipating and too slow to react and the chance goes. He needs to wake up if he wants to make it at this level and look like he really wants it.
Che Adams on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 3212 viewsMeonsaint

Che Adams on 21:36 - Jul 16 by A1079

Chris Sutton making good points about Adams - not anticipating and too slow to react and the chance goes. He needs to wake up if he wants to make it at this level and look like he really wants it.

Yes he just lacks awareness and anticipation at this level. He is definitely not Ted Mcdougall in the box !
Che Adams on 22:20 - Jul 16 with 3125 viewsBridders2

He's played a whole season with only one goal scored. I think he's had enough chances, and doesn't look like he's going to improve. Shame but we've bought a few duds in recent years.
Che Adams on 22:20 - Jul 16 with 3125 viewswashington_saint

Adams is terrible, utterly terrible.

Couldn't control the ball, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, too slow.....generally we need another decent strike to supplement Ings. OBafemi is an impact sub.

Clear to see - Vestegaard, Hojberg and Adams are all too slow: of thought and speed
Che Adams on 22:25 - Jul 16 with 3103 viewsJaySaint

I like Adams bit he looks like a championship player...

Just not sharp enough at all

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Che Adams on 22:28 - Jul 16 with 3090 viewsA1079

I have not given up on Adams by any means, but there is something that does not feel quite right about him. I thought the goal against Man City would inspire him but he hasn't looked anything special since and he just does not look like he enjoys his football or playing.

I am no body language expert, but he does not look like he is enjoying himself. May be he is trying too hard or he is finding it all a bit too much. I want him to succeed and I have been willing to give him time, but some doubts starting to creep in.
Che Adams on 22:38 - Jul 16 with 3047 viewsVagina_Dentata

Thought he looked very poor tonight, as did Obafemi and Hojbjerg.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Che Adams on 22:44 - Jul 16 with 3026 views1885_SFC

I really wanted Adams to succeed at Saints. But as I said to the missus tonight - he's had a whole season now & as much as it pains me to say so, he's just not gonna make that step up from the Championship to Premier League (re; Brett Ormerod).

If Leeds get promoted & are still interested in him - I'd let him go.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Che Adams on 22:49 - Jul 16 with 3012 viewsMeonsaint

Che Adams on 22:44 - Jul 16 by 1885_SFC

I really wanted Adams to succeed at Saints. But as I said to the missus tonight - he's had a whole season now & as much as it pains me to say so, he's just not gonna make that step up from the Championship to Premier League (re; Brett Ormerod).

Have to agree with you. He looks shot. No confidence and seems miserable. He is from that way so best he moves back nearer his family.
He was brave enough to make the move down South but apart from the City game and Chelsea away it just has not worked out for the lad. Its a shame because he is a really hard working forward but I believe he lacks the guile and class for the Premiership,
Che Adams on 22:49 - Jul 16 with 3009 viewsFarmhouse

Agree with comments on Adams but will give home a break for the moment. What frustrated me more is why Hojbjerg continues to play for us. He was shocking out of position in the first half, but why is he taking opportunities from Smallbone in Centre mid when he has made it clear he wants out??
Che Adams on 23:34 - Jul 16 with 2955 views1885_SFC

Che Adams on 22:49 - Jul 16 by Meonsaint

Have to agree with you. He looks shot. No confidence and seems miserable. He is from that way so best he moves back nearer his family.
He was brave enough to make the move down South but apart from the City game and Chelsea away it just has not worked out for the lad. Its a shame because he is a really hard working forward but I believe he lacks the guile and class for the Premiership,

There were times tonight (and other games throughout the season) where a good low cross has come into the box from out wide. Adams has been there or thereabouts in the box... but never seems to anticipate running in towards goal... or if he does, he never quite makes contact with the ball. Shane Long anticipates such balls - as does Ings & other top strikers. Sadly, I don't think Adams has that natural instinct that it takes to make a decent striker a top league striker.

Old School is Cool

Che Adams on 23:40 - Jul 16 with 2947 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I think Adams is done at this level, I wanted to like him, but 1 goal all season is not going to change next season.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Che Adams on 23:42 - Jul 16 with 2942 viewsRon11

Che Adams on 22:44 - Jul 16 by 1885_SFC

Then watch him start scoring again...
Che Adams on 09:55 - Jul 17 with 2749 viewskingslandstand1

Che Adams on 23:40 - Jul 16 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I think Adams is done at this level, I wanted to like him, but 1 goal all season is not going to change next season.

It's always a gamble bringing a player up from the Championship and often wondered why Billy Sharp wasn't given the chance when we came up. He continued scoring with Sheff Utd, and although not a regular this season (he is getting on a bit!), but he was shipped out almost straight away. Yet look what SRL did for us

Feel sorry for Adams, but I can see him going back to Brum where he is still idolised
Che Adams on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 2744 viewsdirk_doone

He's no Jay Rodriguez, that's for sure. But, we can still hope he'll improve.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Che Adams on 10:06 - Jul 17 with 2734 viewsSonicBoom

I like Adams and I think there is a player in there. I'm not sure that getting rid of him is a good idea. I'd give him more time. He is certainly more accomplished that Obafemi who bar his two goals seems to contribute absolutely nothing. Why Ralph picks him is beyond me.
What it does show is that we are very light up front. If Ings doesn't score then we're looking at Long, Obafemi and Adams. How many goals is that per season... 5? 6?

First half was shocking. I couldn't believe the number of times players had the ball in space but turned backwards to play nothing passes. Back to the bad old days of players looking timid and frightened to try something. Worst culprits were Vokins and Smallbone who seemed paralysed in possession. But they are very young so get a free pass. I think it showed overall that the squad lacks depth. When we put out our best and they're at it, we can challenge anyone. But less than 100% or with a few replacements in there, then we look very ordinary.
Che Adams on 10:15 - Jul 17 with 2715 viewsBridders2

2 players from the championship, Adams and SRL. Adams has more pace but not the guile, which SLR had in abundance. THIS is why Adams won't make it no matter how hard he runs.
Che Adams on 10:19 - Jul 17 with 2708 viewsBoris_

Che Adams on 10:06 - Jul 17 by SonicBoom

I like Adams and I think there is a player in there. I'm not sure that getting rid of him is a good idea. I'd give him more time. He is certainly more accomplished that Obafemi who bar his two goals seems to contribute absolutely nothing. Why Ralph picks him is beyond me.
What it does show is that we are very light up front. If Ings doesn't score then we're looking at Long, Obafemi and Adams. How many goals is that per season... 5? 6?

First half was shocking. I couldn't believe the number of times players had the ball in space but turned backwards to play nothing passes. Back to the bad old days of players looking timid and frightened to try something. Worst culprits were Vokins and Smallbone who seemed paralysed in possession. But they are very young so get a free pass. I think it showed overall that the squad lacks depth. When we put out our best and they're at it, we can challenge anyone. But less than 100% or with a few replacements in there, then we look very ordinary.

I think Ralph picks him in the hope he will bag a couple of goals at the end of the season that might con someone in to buying him.

Poll: Claude Puel

Che Adams on 10:55 - Jul 17 with 2689 viewsChesham_Saint

Che Adams on 10:00 - Jul 17 by dirk_doone

He's no Jay Rodriguez, that's for sure. But, we can still hope he'll improve.

He’s certainly no Renata Tebaldi, that’s for sure...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Che Adams on 13:27 - Jul 17 with 2647 viewsTimSaint

Adams had 4 or 5 chances last night.

1. Cross from the left, centre of goal, he hit it with the outside of his right foot and sliced it so badly it nearly went for a throw on. A difficult finish, but should either have used his left or taken a touch.

2. A great volleyed ball across the 6 yard box from Ings. Adams didn't anticipate and slid in late (as per a few other games this season).

3. After Ings hit the bar, he followed up well and managed to control it and get his shot off, but unfortunately picked out the defender on the line. A little unlucky and good defending, but perhaps other strikers would have hit it first time.

4. Ings into the right side of the area didn't shoot, but backheeled it to Adams, who needed a couple of touches before getting his shot off, that was again, well blocked. Perhaps unlucky, but if he had hit it first time instead of trying to work it onto his right foot, it wouldn't have been blocked. (Ings should have shot himself !).

I was expecting a far more confident player, after his goal v City, but he is still the same at the moment.

Oba is not the answer either. Last night he was truly useless and only starting because of his goal at OT and RH's resting strategy. He couldn't control it, pass it, or make a decent run off the ball and we he did have the ball he ran into danger, or his touch let him down and he gave a foul away.

Perhaps they will come good, but if they do, I am not sure it will be with Saints and not sure that it would be at this level either.

Ings and Long to start on Sunday please Ralph.

TimSaint

Che Adams on 16:00 - Jul 17 with 2578 viewsChesham_Saint

Che Adams on 13:27 - Jul 17 by TimSaint

Adams had 4 or 5 chances last night.

1. Cross from the left, centre of goal, he hit it with the outside of his right foot and sliced it so badly it nearly went for a throw on. A difficult finish, but should either have used his left or taken a touch.

2. A great volleyed ball across the 6 yard box from Ings. Adams didn't anticipate and slid in late (as per a few other games this season).

3. After Ings hit the bar, he followed up well and managed to control it and get his shot off, but unfortunately picked out the defender on the line. A little unlucky and good defending, but perhaps other strikers would have hit it first time.

4. Ings into the right side of the area didn't shoot, but backheeled it to Adams, who needed a couple of touches before getting his shot off, that was again, well blocked. Perhaps unlucky, but if he had hit it first time instead of trying to work it onto his right foot, it wouldn't have been blocked. (Ings should have shot himself !).

I was expecting a far more confident player, after his goal v City, but he is still the same at the moment.

Oba is not the answer either. Last night he was truly useless and only starting because of his goal at OT and RH's resting strategy. He couldn't control it, pass it, or make a decent run off the ball and we he did have the ball he ran into danger, or his touch let him down and he gave a foul away.

Perhaps they will come good, but if they do, I am not sure it will be with Saints and not sure that it would be at this level either.

Ings and Long to start on Sunday please Ralph.

I don't rate Obafemi much and that's not because I'm prejudiced (some of my best friends are Irish...).

I'd still give him a chance as he is a proven goal scorer (albeit in a lower division) and I still think he's lacking confidence. Finding another striker is a very tricky task so I'd rather stick with him for another season..

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Che Adams on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 2450 viewsMeonsaint

Che Adams on 21:36 - Jul 16 by A1079

What an absolute class act this guy is ! A super cool finish from the young striker.
Onwards and upwards for next season
Che Adams on 16:17 - Jul 19 with 2438 viewsgrumpy

Che Adams on 16:00 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

I don't rate Obafemi much and that's not because I'm prejudiced (some of my best friends are Irish...).

I'd still give him a chance as he is a proven goal scorer (albeit in a lower division) and I still think he's lacking confidence. Finding another striker is a very tricky task so I'd rather stick with him for another season..

He just needs more time,he will come good,I'm sure of it.
Che Adams on 16:21 - Jul 19 with 2415 viewsbattler

Che Adams on 16:14 - Jul 19 by Meonsaint

What an absolute class act this guy is ! A super cool finish from the young striker.
Onwards and upwards for next season

It was a cracking goal and he seemed to celebrate it more than the superb goal he scored against Man City, perhaps he was just so relieved to of scored his first one then.
Che Adams on 16:25 - Jul 19 with 2392 viewscocklebreath

Che Adams on 16:21 - Jul 19 by battler

It was a cracking goal and he seemed to celebrate it more than the superb goal he scored against Man City, perhaps he was just so relieved to of scored his first one then.

Yep he loved that, well done to him, some helmets will always slate our players

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024