Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD2 22:54 - Dec 13 with 2746 viewsBicester_North

The level of punditry on this show plumbs new depths

The phrase “see ya later” when describing a player beating another one is truly grim. The likes of Rio Ferdinand has mastered it and now Alex Scott is joining in.

On top of that the cringeworthy Jenas mentioned how Hojbjerg was cleaning up for us in the middle of the park!
How do these useless tw@ts get top tv jobs?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MOTD2 on 23:08 - Dec 13 with 2107 viewsTimSaint

The female commentator for the Leicester v Brighton game was fvckin awful.

Jenas has been very complimentary to us in the past, but his Spurs bias is often embarrassing - but not quite as bad as Carragher FFS !!

TimSaint

MOTD2 on 23:45 - Dec 13 with 2050 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, the Hojbjerg comment was particularly bizarre as it came from a former Spurs player!

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

MOTD2 on 06:31 - Dec 14 with 1934 viewsthissceptredsaint

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that. I hope he donates any fee he receives for that appearance to charity
MOTD2 on 08:27 - Dec 14 with 1845 viewsBerber

The way of expression can be frustrating at times, but the analysis and insight from both are good for me. Some people don't like Gary Neville's style, but his analysis is nearly always spot on. Scott's break down of Vestegaards' performance was top notch.

I can do without the breakfast TV asides, and sure, Jenas saying Hoiberg instead of Romeu was silly, but the style and performance looked like Hoiberg at his best for us, so I can forgive him that.
MOTD2 on 08:30 - Dec 14 with 1841 viewsJaySaint

When they get basic thing wrong (Hojberjg for example), it yet further demonstrates that teams like Saints get award almost zero attention to detail when preparing for these shows.

Would they have said Willian was clearing up for Chelsea? Not a million years.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MOTD2 on 09:42 - Dec 14 with 1778 viewsDorsetIan

They should have Karen Carney on more. She is great. Seems to really know her stuff.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

MOTD2 on 09:53 - Dec 14 with 1773 views1teeminants

Alex Scott was praising Vestergaard showing his excellent distribution skills and work rate. It’s not all bad and she’s good to look at 😃

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

MOTD2 on 11:48 - Dec 14 with 1694 viewscocklebreath

MOTD2 on 09:53 - Dec 14 by 1teeminants

Alex Scott was praising Vestergaard showing his excellent distribution skills and work rate. It’s not all bad and she’s good to look at 😃

Not as good to look at as the sky presenter for our game yesterday, filth

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

MOTD2 on 12:29 - Dec 14 with 1657 viewsChesham_Saint

So given that we seem to be judging female commentators partly on their looks, for the sake of balance, who are the male commentators that women have the hots for (now that John Motson has retired..!)?

For me it’s not the look, it’s the knowledge and intonation that counts and whilst Scott has the knowledge, comparing her football experience to someone like say, Ian Wright or Graham Souness is a nonsense.

When it comes to commentators I’d like the option of being able to select one from a panel and not have to put up with a reedy excitable girly voice spouting cliches.

And I’m not being sexist, I’m thinking of Adrian Durham here.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

MOTD2 on 13:11 - Dec 14 with 1630 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD2 on 12:29 - Dec 14 by Chesham_Saint

So given that we seem to be judging female commentators partly on their looks, for the sake of balance, who are the male commentators that women have the hots for (now that John Motson has retired..!)?

For me it’s not the look, it’s the knowledge and intonation that counts and whilst Scott has the knowledge, comparing her football experience to someone like say, Ian Wright or Graham Souness is a nonsense.

When it comes to commentators I’d like the option of being able to select one from a panel and not have to put up with a reedy excitable girly voice spouting cliches.

And I’m not being sexist, I’m thinking of Adrian Durham here.

It made me cringe when she was praising Vestergard saying that she was not going to pick a goal scorer to drool over, but "as she is a defender" she was highlighting his strengths implying she knows all there is to know about that role

Yes she got God knows how many caps for England, but I'm sorry, stick to women's football

She looks quite sha66able though
MOTD2 on 13:22 - Dec 14 with 1614 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's not the fact that Scott is a women. She is actually one of the most confident female pundits, who talks sense and seems to fit in with the men ( by that I mean she looks more comfortable than others) But I would still rather hear what Shearer, Wright or Le Tiss thinks, just because they played at the top level, for Saints and against Saints and I am just more interested in what they think about our chances etc.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 13:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

MOTD2 on 13:58 - Dec 14 with 1568 viewsDorsetIan

MOTD2 on 13:22 - Dec 14 by Saintsforeverj

It's not the fact that Scott is a women. She is actually one of the most confident female pundits, who talks sense and seems to fit in with the men ( by that I mean she looks more comfortable than others) But I would still rather hear what Shearer, Wright or Le Tiss thinks, just because they played at the top level, for Saints and against Saints and I am just more interested in what they think about our chances etc.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 13:24]

Same goes for me and Karen Carney. I think she talks a lot of sense. Seems very knowledgable and has a good understanding of all aspects of the game. Seems like a genuine football fan too.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

MOTD2 on 14:05 - Dec 14 with 1563 viewsericofarabia

She was proper creaming her pants over his performance ❤️😉
MOTD2 on 14:06 - Dec 14 with 1560 views1teeminants

MOTD2 on 11:48 - Dec 14 by cocklebreath

Not as good to look at as the sky presenter for our game yesterday, filth

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

MOTD2 on 18:01 - Dec 14 with 1414 viewsdwayne_dibley

MOTD2 on 23:08 - Dec 13 by TimSaint

Jenas has been very complimentary to us in the past, but his Spurs bias is often embarrassing - but not quite as bad as Carragher FFS !!

that rates as sexist meaning your balls will be amputated with a rusty penknife by a ferret with rabies and covid

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

MOTD2 on 18:07 - Dec 14 with 1403 viewssolent_toffee

I haven’t watched MOTD for a few years now, far too many smug thick idiots on there Murphy, Jenas being the worst two.

Sky has the 3 minutes highlights for each game plus I download the Everton one and then avoid all other contact with Sky, as much I’d like to hear the tremendous insight of Stephen Warnock, Gabby Agbonlahor etc.
MOTD2 on 18:36 - Dec 14 with 1373 viewsdirk_doone

Mark Lawrenson is one of the most miserable, depressing people on TV. How on earth he has managed to get paid for so many years to enhance our experience of watching televised football, God only knows. I guess Liverpool fans must love him. At the other end of the spectrum is Ian Wright, who is a genuinely nice guy and always entertaining. He was also a much better footballer than Lawrenson.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

MOTD2 on 18:52 - Dec 14 with 1352 viewsJaySaint

MOTD2 on 18:36 - Dec 14 by dirk_doone

Mark Lawrenson is one of the most miserable, depressing people on TV. How on earth he has managed to get paid for so many years to enhance our experience of watching televised football, God only knows. I guess Liverpool fans must love him. At the other end of the spectrum is Ian Wright, who is a genuinely nice guy and always entertaining. He was also a much better footballer than Lawrenson.

I like Micah Richards and Roy Keane.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MOTD2 on 19:31 - Dec 14 with 1314 viewskernow

MOTD2 on 18:36 - Dec 14 by dirk_doone

Probably gay in or a freemason, or both?
What's to do with his wonky eye?
MOTD2 on 07:19 - Dec 15 with 1211 viewsBerber

MOTD2 on 23:08 - Dec 13 by TimSaint

I don’t have a problem with ladies commentating, but I do have a problem with her shrill squeaky voice, my brain tries to block it out, so I don’t listen, then might as well mute the tv for the duration.
MOTD2 on 09:17 - Dec 15 with 1161 viewsRon11

Distribution skills?
He had at least four passes go straight to the opposition against Sheffield United.
MOTD2 on 09:20 - Dec 15 with 1154 viewsPaleRider

I've given up on all programs like MOTD, Football Focus, Final Score etc. The level of punditry is so poor that I just follow online when not watching games (either live or on TV).

The TV channels are so complicit in turning the Premier League into the rather pathetic offering that it is today. If it wasn't for Saints I would care as much about the Premier League as I do about the Champions League, which is not at all!
MOTD2 on 10:45 - Dec 15 with 1130 viewsChesham_Saint

MOTD2 on 09:17 - Dec 15 by Ron11

Distribution skills?
He had at least four passes go straight to the opposition against Sheffield United.

Pundits do that. Once a player is on the up or known for something, they cream themselves no matter what. I remember with Glenn Hoddle every time he smacked a pass you’d think it was the the second coming of Christ.

To a degree it’s been like that with JWP. Yes he’s a terrific player and he’s improved a lot with Ralph, but now that he’s “known” for his dead balls (which sounds extremely painful btw) every single time he takes a corner or free kick it’s World Class, when the reality is he’s always been pretty handy in those situations.

In short, most football commentators are lazy, If not thick. From the inane “how did you feel?” To the inevitable reference to ‘that game’.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

MOTD2 on 11:05 - Dec 15 with 1118 viewsButty101

MOTD2 on 10:45 - Dec 15 by Chesham_Saint

Pundits do that. Once a player is on the up or known for something, they cream themselves no matter what. I remember with Glenn Hoddle every time he smacked a pass you’d think it was the the second coming of Christ.

To a degree it’s been like that with JWP. Yes he’s a terrific player and he’s improved a lot with Ralph, but now that he’s “known” for his dead balls (which sounds extremely painful btw) every single time he takes a corner or free kick it’s World Class, when the reality is he’s always been pretty handy in those situations.

In short, most football commentators are lazy, If not thick. From the inane “how did you feel?” To the inevitable reference to ‘that game’.

None of them are as bad as Garth Crooks - i really fecking dispise the cretin.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

MOTD2 on 11:12 - Dec 15 with 1112 viewsPaleRider

MOTD2 on 11:05 - Dec 15 by Butty101

None of them are as bad as Garth Crooks - i really fecking dispise the cretin.

Used to like him as a player but he is so boring and humourless. On top of that his team of the week is some of the laziest journalism I have ever seen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024