Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK and EU deal done 14:51 - Dec 24 with 7463 viewsSaintsforeverj

Reported on sky news. Boris has got the deal that respects all our red lines. Food won't go up, free trade deal agreed, we make our own laws and we can watch Saints in Europe next year. Sorry for another political thread, but this is good news for us all. Congratulations Boris for getting what the brexiteers voted for and we won't have the no deal that was threatened. Money talks, the EU were never going to lose billions and neither was the UK. He has got Brexit done.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 14:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

UK and EU deal done on 15:09 - Dec 24 with 2677 viewsSadoldgit

Fair play for reading all 2000 pages of the deal and coming up with this synopsis!
No doubt both sides will have their spin but before we start waving flags and holding socially distanced street parties, let’s wait until the experts look at the details of the deal before we get too excited. Yes, it is great that we have a deal but we have already spent a large fortune on the leaving process so let’s see what we are getting in return for getting our country back.
UK and EU deal done on 15:19 - Dec 24 with 2662 viewsSaintsforeverj

UK and EU deal done on 15:09 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

Fair play for reading all 2000 pages of the deal and coming up with this synopsis!
No doubt both sides will have their spin but before we start waving flags and holding socially distanced street parties, let’s wait until the experts look at the details of the deal before we get too excited. Yes, it is great that we have a deal but we have already spent a large fortune on the leaving process so let’s see what we are getting in return for getting our country back.

Brexit is done after a long and tedious 4 and half years. Boris has achieved what many haven't managed to do, even during a dreadful pandemic. He has got Brexit done (with a deal) and that is why they were elected. They will no doubt scrutinise some details, but it is clear that we will have an immigration points system, free trade agreement, we make our own laws, and Brexit is done. It is great news for businesses and the UK will move on and prosper. A bit of good news.

UK and EU deal done on 15:22 - Dec 24 with 2655 viewssaint22

UK and EU deal done on 15:19 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

Brexit is done after a long and tedious 4 and half years. Boris has achieved what many haven't managed to do, even during a dreadful pandemic. He has got Brexit done (with a deal) and that is why they were elected. They will no doubt scrutinise some details, but it is clear that we will have an immigration points system, free trade agreement, we make our own laws, and Brexit is done. It is great news for businesses and the UK will move on and prosper. A bit of good news.

Hardly good news retreating to become a little island of xenophobia
As for Boris getting it done I don’t think he is capable of doing anything except bluffing his way into more trouble
Let’s see what our kids futures look like in a couple of years shall we
UK and EU deal done on 15:27 - Dec 24 with 2647 viewsBicester_North

UK and EU deal done on 15:22 - Dec 24 by saint22

As for Boris getting it done I don’t think he is capable of doing anything except bluffing his way into more trouble

Congratulations Benny! You made Brexit happen. People like you contributed hugely to the vote for Brexit and for the current government. Sneering supremacists like yourself trying to kick the working class into the gutter turned the tide.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

UK and EU deal done on 15:33 - Dec 24 with 2644 viewsSaintsforeverj

I'm excited about a new future for the UK, delivered as promised by Boris and this government. Boris has delivered a deal. You can be miserable and get depressed if you like but I am optimistic about better times ahead. It is very good news for businesses and a huge relief to many. Merry Christmas to you.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 15:38]

UK and EU deal done on 16:08 - Dec 24 with 2554 viewsDorsetIan

Credit where credit is due. Boris got us out with a trade deal before the end of 2020, and despite the massive distractions he had. No quibbling from me, it’s an impressive achievement.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

UK and EU deal done on 16:41 - Dec 24 with 2533 viewsChesham_Saint

Let’s hope our kids’ teachers are able to teach them some grammar too.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

UK and EU deal done on 16:42 - Dec 24 with 2529 viewsSadoldgit

UK and EU deal done on 15:19 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

It is good news that a deal has been done. We have been told constantly by politicians on both sides of the House that any deal is better than no deal so yes, good news indeed. No one seems to have any firm details yet so we don’t really know what it means in real terms but given that it seemed to be an almost impossible task for both sides, fair play to the government and the EU for getting it done. What it all means in terms of how good a deal it is, it seems that will take some time to find out.
Login to get fewer ads

UK and EU deal done on 16:53 - Dec 24 with 2489 viewsDorsetIan

UK and EU deal done on 16:42 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

It is good news that a deal has been done. We have been told constantly by politicians on both sides of the House that any deal is better than no deal so yes, good news indeed. No one seems to have any firm details yet so we don’t really know what it means in real terms but given that it seemed to be an almost impossible task for both sides, fair play to the government and the EU for getting it done. What it all means in terms of how good a deal it is, it seems that will take some time to find out.

What we really need is the view from ASIS.

If he’s happy, we should be too!

UK and EU deal done on 17:02 - Dec 24 with 2501 viewsSaintsforeverj

UK and EU deal done on 16:08 - Dec 24 by DorsetIan

Credit where credit is due. Boris got us out with a trade deal before the end of 2020, and despite the massive distractions he had. No quibbling from me, it’s an impressive achievement.

Yep good post Ian. Happy Christmas.

UK and EU deal done on 17:03 - Dec 24 with 2497 viewsSaintsforeverj

UK and EU deal done on 16:42 - Dec 24 by Sadoldgit

Some positive thoughts from you Sogs!!! Must be because it's Christmas. Happy Christmas to you.

UK and EU deal done on 17:05 - Dec 24 with 2493 viewskernow

Was very sceptical that an agreement would be reached so pleasantly surprised that it has happened.
What it looks like remains to be seen.
My guess is that massive concessions have been made.
UK and EU deal done on 17:16 - Dec 24 with 2484 viewsSaintsforeverj

UK and EU deal done on 17:05 - Dec 24 by kernow

Was very sceptical that an agreement would be reached so pleasantly surprised that it has happened.
What it looks like remains to be seen.
My guess is that massive concessions have been made.

To be honest, if we have allowed the EU to have a few more tonnes of fish or they have a say on a few things, it doesn't bother me. We are out, we control our borders, we make our own laws and importantly, we have free trade deal.

UK and EU deal done on 17:46 - Dec 24 with 2457 viewsSadoldgit

UK and EU deal done on 17:03 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

Some positive thoughts from you Sogs!!! Must be because it's Christmas. Happy Christmas to you.

You could well be right! Have a great Christmas mate.

(To tell you the truth I am looking forward to the day when no one mentions Brexit again!)
UK and EU deal done on 19:36 - Dec 24 with 2400 viewskingslandstand1

UK and EU deal done on 16:53 - Dec 24 by DorsetIan

What we really need is the view from ASIS.

If he’s happy, we should be too!

WHAT do YOU MEAN
UK and EU deal done on 20:42 - Dec 24 with 2356 viewssaint22

UK and EU deal done on 15:27 - Dec 24 by Bicester_North

Congratulations Benny! You made Brexit happen. People like you contributed hugely to the vote for Brexit and for the current government. Sneering supremacists like yourself trying to kick the working class into the gutter turned the tide.

Illustrating what little you know which in turn illustrates why your type voted leave
UK and EU deal done on 21:12 - Dec 24 with 2307 viewsDorsetIan

UK and EU deal done on 17:02 - Dec 24 by Saintsforeverj

Yep good post Ian. Happy Christmas.

And to you too. All the best.

UK and EU deal done on 21:23 - Dec 24 with 2315 viewsBicester_North

UK and EU deal done on 20:42 - Dec 24 by saint22

Illustrating what little you know which in turn illustrates why your type voted leave

Ok Lauren!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

UK and EU deal done on 21:42 - Dec 24 with 2301 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

UK and EU deal done on 22:16 - Dec 24 with 2269 views1885_SFC

UK and EU deal done on 21:42 - Dec 24 by JaySaint

You can see why the LibDems were wiped out and are no more.

Old School is Cool

UK and EU deal done on 22:34 - Dec 24 with 2260 viewsKennington

Good news there’s a deal. Like any sane person living and working in London I voted remain but I respect why people voted leave including friends and family who live lives that are more introspective. I get that and hope the deal works out for everyone and we can all move on. Least of all on here where we won’t need the daily Brexit debate anymore.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

UK and EU deal done on 00:01 - Dec 25 with 2201 viewsRon11

UK and EU deal done on 22:34 - Dec 24 by Kennington

Good news there’s a deal. Like any sane person living and working in London I voted remain but I respect why people voted leave including friends and family who live lives that are more introspective. I get that and hope the deal works out for everyone and we can all move on. Least of all on here where we won’t need the daily Brexit debate anymore.

What do you mean by 'lives that are more introspective'?
UK and EU deal done on 01:08 - Dec 25 with 2211 viewsKennington

UK and EU deal done on 00:01 - Dec 25 by Ron11

What do you mean by 'lives that are more introspective'?

For a start people who don’t value freedom of movement unless it’s to Costa Del Sol or similar for a week baking in the sun and marinating in San Miguel. In the past I’ve had offers to work in Geneva and Brussels but those came at the wrong time. I’d have been open to those again in the future, but those roles are much less likely now. So that’s what I mean, people who are fixated on ‘sovereignty’ above all else and view that above European solidarity. I get where they’re coming from, but I don’t share that outlook.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

UK and EU deal done on 03:25 - Dec 25 with 2181 viewskernow

Tariff and quota free trade in goods but not services which comprise 80% of British economic activity.
They always said that a bad deal was better than no deal , yes,?
UK and EU deal done on 07:24 - Dec 25 with 2128 viewsSalisburySaint

Great news that a deal has been approved, let’s hope it stands up to the expectations of everyone, especially the Brexiters.

Let’s hope we can all work together now to get this country moving forward for all its citizens, not just the rich elite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024