Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B'muff sack Parker 08:55 - Aug 30 with 2379 viewskingslandstand1

Surprise or not?

Alex Crook saying he's not surprised, but must say having watched him after the drubbing on Saturday he didn't install a lot of confidence in himself, but was moaning about lack of investment

Now club are saying he should run the club sustainably, so clearly no money to spend

I'm guessing odds on going down have just got even smaller!!
B'muff sack Parker on 09:11 - Aug 30 with 1868 viewsElijahK

Yeah I’ve just seen it, as first I thought it was a load BS, but no it’s actually happened.
I’m quite surprised by it though as for everything he’s done for Bournemouth as well as the fact that Bournemouth are still in the EFL Cup and have won a game already, as well as the fact that Parker is the one who made all these signings during the tender window, quite a bit harsh if you ask me. As the score lines like 9-0 will only become more and more common as the gap only gets bigger between the “top 6” and the rest of us.
Still it’ll be interesting to see who they get in now, and how they cope in the league with this squad.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

B'muff sack Parker on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 1832 viewsSaintNick

B'muff sack Parker on 09:11 - Aug 30 by ElijahK

Yeah I’ve just seen it, as first I thought it was a load BS, but no it’s actually happened.
I’m quite surprised by it though as for everything he’s done for Bournemouth as well as the fact that Bournemouth are still in the EFL Cup and have won a game already, as well as the fact that Parker is the one who made all these signings during the tender window, quite a bit harsh if you ask me. As the score lines like 9-0 will only become more and more common as the gap only gets bigger between the “top 6” and the rest of us.
Still it’ll be interesting to see who they get in now, and how they cope in the league with this squad.

If they hang on a few weeks I think they might get Eddie Howe back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

B'muff sack Parker on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 1831 viewsBerber

As predicted, but I thought he’d get until Christmas.
B'muff sack Parker on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 1831 viewssolent_toffee

B'muff sack Parker on 09:11 - Aug 30 by ElijahK

I think it’s a crazy decision but is typical of the 24 hour saturated coverage of the premier league where the media feel the need to generate stories. Managers are always under pressure especially at the lower end of the league, players are always are on the move and Pep and Klopp are bloody amazing.

There’s four games gone and most clubs haven’t got their squads finalised, it’s all massively rushed because of this ridiculous World Cup in a few months.

The main losers in all this, as ever, are match going supporters who are paying to watch half a team until the window is closed.
B'muff sack Parker on 09:30 - Aug 30 with 1813 viewsCity_boy

Sacked for losing to Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool in first 4 games ! What did they expect that wasn't obvious when the fixtures came out.

This is obviously about Parker's interview after the game and not the results.
B'muff sack Parker on 09:35 - Aug 30 with 1805 viewsSaintNick

B'muff sack Parker on 09:30 - Aug 30 by City_boy

Sacked for losing to Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool in first 4 games ! What did they expect that wasn't obvious when the fixtures came out.

I think you are right, there is obviously friction between Parker & the Owners, so they got the hump and sacked him

B'muff sack Parker on 09:41 - Aug 30 with 1784 viewsDorsetIan

They won't have had to look too far to see what happens when you don't sack your manager after a 9-0.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

B'muff sack Parker on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 1780 viewsPatfromPoole

B'muff sack Parker on 09:24 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Whatever makes you think that??!!??

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

B'muff sack Parker on 10:00 - Aug 30 with 1736 viewskingslandstand1

B'muff sack Parker on 09:24 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

They can only dream ......................
'Arry says he goes to every game, but also that with the squad they have they'll struggle, but let's be honest, the 3 games they've lost were Man City, Arsenal and Lpool. Ok, it was only Villa they beat, and they're having problems but who would take that job on knowing they have no money to spend
B'muff sack Parker on 10:02 - Aug 30 with 1721 viewskingslandstand1

B'muff sack Parker on 09:41 - Aug 30 by DorsetIan

They won't have had to look too far to see what happens when you don't sack your manager after a 9-0.

Or even 2 9-0's!
B'muff sack Parker on 10:04 - Aug 30 with 1709 viewskingslandstand1

That was implied on Talksport when McCoist and Shay Given discussed it as it was announced
B'muff sack Parker on 10:11 - Aug 30 with 1699 viewsBLEEDRED

Crazy, what do the club expect, to be in the top 6 after 4 games!!
Crowds of 10K and the owners think they can compete with the top clubs
I think he is a good manager (saints next manager!!!)
B'muff sack Parker on 10:27 - Aug 30 with 1674 viewsA1079

Ralph must often look at other clubs and when these things happen elsewhere and wonder at some of his results and think (in German) ".......there by the grace of god go I".

I think Parker was sacked because of his comments more than the results -anyway, sackings in football usually involve a large pay off unlike in most walks of life, so I rarely feel that much sympathy for a football manager though I did think our club did the dirt on Nigel Adkins.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 13:06]
B'muff sack Parker on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 1564 views1885_SFC

Sean Dyche to Bornmuff then?

Old School is Cool

B'muff sack Parker on 12:09 - Aug 30 with 1513 viewsSaintNick

B'muff sack Parker on 09:41 - Aug 30 by DorsetIan

If you asked any Bournemouth fan today how they would feel if that 2 1/2 years later they would still be in the Premier League, they would not have had a relegation battle, they would have reached an FA Cup semi final and also at one point mid season topped the league, what do you think their answer would be ?

B'muff sack Parker on 12:21 - Aug 30 with 1478 viewssaint68

B'muff sack Parker on 12:09 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

If you asked any Bournemouth fan today how they would feel if that 2 1/2 years later they would still be in the Premier League, they would not have had a relegation battle, they would have reached an FA Cup semi final and also at one point mid season topped the league, what do you think their answer would be ?

what do you think their answer would be ?

Nowadays it would probably be...fuk of Scummah!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

B'muff sack Parker on 12:39 - Aug 30 with 1426 viewsdirk_doone

Dundee United, the other team that lost 9-0 at the weekend, also sacked their manager after the game. I guess it's considered an instant sacking offence at most clubs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160175/Dundee-United-manage

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

B'muff sack Parker on 12:40 - Aug 30 with 1420 viewsPatfromPoole

With respect, we should not be aligning our expectations of achievement with Boscombe.

And to get to an FA Cup semi-final, we beat the might of:

Shrewsbury
Arsenal reserves
Wolves reserves
Boscombe reserves (when they were in the Championship).

I just can’t see why you keep harping on about it. Particularly as we played so dismally in the semi-final.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

B'muff sack Parker on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 1408 viewsdirk_doone

At least we're not the Emergency 999 team yet. We'll never hear the end of it if that happens. It could have happened the last time Chelsea visited St Mary's but they eased up when they were 6-0 up after 54 minutes and let us off the hook.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 12:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

B'muff sack Parker on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 1323 viewsDorsetIan

You defended Gao to the hilt, but our recent transfer activity has shown what it means to have positive, proactive owners.

Your defence of Ralph's performance since the 9-0s is just as partial/deluded, and - I may be wrong - but I get the impression that much of the recent improvement on the pitch is down to the new coaching staff rather than the man himself.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

B'muff sack Parker on 14:00 - Aug 30 with 1269 viewsElijahK

Yeah that’s exactly what they were going on about on talksport, that the owners aren’t too happy that he was criticising them for the low levels of investment they’ve had, even though he’s completely right and should be able to complain

B'muff sack Parker on 14:06 - Aug 30 with 1250 viewsButty101

Bournemouth topped the premiership out right while Eddie Howe was manager. By out right i mean everyone had played the same number of games

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

B'muff sack Parker on 14:06 - Aug 30 with 1250 viewsSaintNick

B'muff sack Parker on 13:04 - Aug 30 by DorsetIan

You defended Gao to the hilt, but our recent transfer activity has shown what it means to have positive, proactive owners.

Your defence of Ralph's performance since the 9-0s is just as partial/deluded, and - I may be wrong - but I get the impression that much of the recent improvement on the pitch is down to the new coaching staff rather than the man himself.

The recent transfer activity has shown what it means to have owners who can put money into the club, something Gao was topped from doing due to issues beyond his control.

Ralph has been hampered by the lack of investment and the new owners have freed up money to give him a professional coaching staff rather than just goalkeeeping & youth coaches promoted from the ranks.

You are right the improvement is down to better coaching staff, all great managers had good assistants and coaching staff, yet you make no allowance for this.

You are right there is money being spent, we have better coaches, so judge Ralph now that is hands aren't tied, give him credit for keeping the club in mid table when he had no backing available from the owners and no experienced coaching staff.

As I said ask any Bournemouth fan or for that matter Forest , Fulham , Brentford, Palace, Brighton fan the question I posed and what do you think their answer would be, this is the Premier League 2022

B'muff sack Parker on 14:06 - Aug 30 with 1250 viewsElijahK

B'muff sack Parker on 13:04 - Aug 30 by DorsetIan

ok then but if it’s the coaching team that’s made the difference, then it shows that Ralph wasn’t the problem or we’d still be down there, and that it was the coaching team that was the reason wer were down there last season.
As us actually having investment for once, as well as this new catching team is why we can actually stop having to worry about relegation, as we’ve shown form our first 4 games where we got the same levels of points as people expected us to.

B'muff sack Parker on 14:11 - Aug 30 with 1233 viewsButty101

B'muff sack Parker on 14:06 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

The recent transfer activity has shown what it means to have owners who can put money into the club, something Gao was topped from doing due to issues beyond his control.

Ralph has been hampered by the lack of investment and the new owners have freed up money to give him a professional coaching staff rather than just goalkeeeping & youth coaches promoted from the ranks.

You are right the improvement is down to better coaching staff, all great managers had good assistants and coaching staff, yet you make no allowance for this.

You are right there is money being spent, we have better coaches, so judge Ralph now that is hands aren't tied, give him credit for keeping the club in mid table when he had no backing available from the owners and no experienced coaching staff.

As I said ask any Bournemouth fan or for that matter Forest , Fulham , Brentford, Palace, Brighton fan the question I posed and what do you think their answer would be, this is the Premier League 2022

I Doubt Brighton and Palace fans would want to trade places with us over the last couple years.

You dont get a trophy for reaching a semi final btw

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024