Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 16:39 - Jun 29 with 2034 viewsSaintNick

I didn't write this piece below, it was written by a Saints fan and I copied it off facebook, comments please

Look, I enjoy taking the p*ss out of plastic scousers as much as the next man but you can’t deny the club this title. Easily the best side this season, and a club that is part of the absolute fabric of the city... that, with a brilliant, instantly likeable manager, this is one if the most deserved title wins of the Premier league era...
But...
Matthew Headington, hit the nail on the head. When he criticised plastic scousers. If you come from Southampton and follow Liverpool and slag off your home town team... this title’s not for you. Not for you and your Sports Direct purchased replica shirt and your Sky Spirts subscription. Not for you using a successful team to somehow make yourself look better. Not for you, taking the p*ss out of genuine football fans, who follow their teams home and away, through good times and bad and still come back for more.
Not for you, basking in the reflective glory and looking down your noses at football fans who live and breathe every kick, every moment, be it ecstatic or despondent.
This title isn’t for you...
No doubt this post will get the usual, “where your trophies then?” replies... because of course, 99% of all football fans follow their clubs for the reflective glory... no. They follow their clubs because it’s in their blood. They don’t turn off Sky Sports because “the game’s shit” they stay and watch it, because they paid for it. Every shit moment, every glorious one and every “f*ck me, I was better off at the pub moment.”
If you’re a Liverpool fan, reading this, disagreeing with me and at any stage you took the p*ss out of the team from the city you were BORN in, adjust your replica shirt, go back to your satellite channel and carry on mocking the real fans.
I see you Sports Direct boy... I see you..

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Liverpool on 16:50 - Jun 29 with 2018 viewsBicester_North

Instantly likeable manager, f*ck that. Also a lot of luck and decisions gone their way this season but Man City slipped up too many times

Other than that it sums the helmets up pretty well

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Liverpool on 18:47 - Jun 29 with 1882 viewsRon11

Liverpool on 16:50 - Jun 29 by Bicester_North

Instantly likeable manager, f*ck that. Also a lot of luck and decisions gone their way this season but Man City slipped up too many times

Other than that it sums the helmets up pretty well

As soon as I saw 'instantly likeable manager', all credibility this might have had went out of the window.
The fact that like City, they can just hoover up the best players from clubs (Mane,Van Dijk etc) ensures that they have the players, and if they didn't win the title, questions should be asked.
And that cu nt before Plopp - 'I have no sympathy for Southampton'.
They can fu ck right off.
Liverpool on 19:15 - Jun 29 with 1846 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I have family in Liverpool and visit quite often.
As a kid I used to go to Anfield and Goodison if I was visiting the city and all my relatives up there are Red or Blue.
Despite the fact it would have been easy for me or my lads to follow a 'Big Club' we have all stuck by the Saints despite the lack of 'success'
I have never regretted it.
Liverpool on 19:50 - Jun 29 with 1812 viewsBoris_

I pity glory hunters who were born and raised in Southampton but choose to 'support' one of the 'big 6' . There is absolutely no way they get the raw emotion and joy that I get when Southampton win, or slump in to a week long depression when we lose an important game.

On the face of it, it most definitely is one of the most deserved title wins in Premier League history by no doubt one of the biggest points margins.

I don't think Liverpool fans deserve it though. Forever playing the victim, more and more of them shouting and screaming that they are #ScouseNotEnglish and generally being f*cking idiots.

Poll: Claude Puel

Liverpool on 20:59 - Jun 29 with 1742 viewsTripleNiemi

2019 / 2020 Premier League Champions * - Liverpool FC

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Liverpool on 21:03 - Jun 29 with 1732 viewsSaintsforeverj

To sum up Liverpool fc:

- Scousers from the Liverpool area complain that they live in a very poor area with little money. Yet they support the most capitalist, richest, greediest club in the world, with the greediest players and they encourage it with their "joy of the success". "The government don't care about us here in Liverpool. We are so poor. Now I'm off to help pay for VD's 300 000 pounds a week wages". Hypocritical, I would say. Other clubs pay big wages, but their fans don't complain so much.

- Like the other top 6 clubs, they buy success - not particularly clever. Klopp buys success. Liverpool are one of the world's highest spenders. Not very impressive to me.

- They bullied us with their millions and dismantled our squad, turning players' heads (illegally) and taking our players because they are rich.

- They have a load of annoying plastic supporters all over the country. Indeed, they put on their Liverpool shirt thinking they look good. They are "mouthy" and take the tickets of genuine Saints fans. These are probably the same people who would swap to Man United if the clubs' fortunes changed: pathetic.

- Their players are arrogant and greedy.

- They throw flares and objects at visiting coaches when they arrive because they like to be "in your face". This hasn't happened at any other PL team who play in the champions league.

- Whenever we play Liverpool at St Mary's, every year, it kicks off in the Itchen North and all around the ground because their fans are such in your face idiots and get in our sections. They cause trouble every time they visit.

They deserved their title on the pitch, but apart from that can't stand them.

Have I missed anything?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 21:07]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Liverpool on 21:10 - Jun 29 with 1712 viewsButty101

Liverpool on 21:03 - Jun 29 by Saintsforeverj

To sum up Liverpool fc:

- Scousers from the Liverpool area complain that they live in a very poor area with little money. Yet they support the most capitalist, richest, greediest club in the world, with the greediest players and they encourage it with their "joy of the success". "The government don't care about us here in Liverpool. We are so poor. Now I'm off to help pay for VD's 300 000 pounds a week wages". Hypocritical, I would say. Other clubs pay big wages, but their fans don't complain so much.

- Like the other top 6 clubs, they buy success - not particularly clever. Klopp buys success. Liverpool are one of the world's highest spenders. Not very impressive to me.

- They bullied us with their millions and dismantled our squad, turning players' heads (illegally) and taking our players because they are rich.

- They have a load of annoying plastic supporters all over the country. Indeed, they put on their Liverpool shirt thinking they look good. They are "mouthy" and take the tickets of genuine Saints fans. These are probably the same people who would swap to Man United if the clubs' fortunes changed: pathetic.

- They throw flares and objects at visiting coaches when they arrive because they like to be "in your face". This hasn't happened at any other PL team who play in the champions league.

- Whenever we play Liverpool at St Mary's, every year, it kicks off in the Itchen North and all around the ground because their fans are such in your face idiots and get in our sections. They cause trouble every time they visit.

Have I missed anything?

Who’s fault will it be, when they all start getting covid19 following the celebrations?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Liverpool on 22:33 - Jun 29 with 1654 views1teeminants

I can’t stand them because they have ripped my club apart, the club I’ve spent thousands of pounds watching since 1971. I’m certainly not going to apologise for that .They buy success like all the big clubs, Nothing clever about it and their fans look down on clubs like saints .
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 22:35]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 22:57 - Jun 29 with 1618 viewskingslandstand1

Well those replies went down well Nick
Liverpool on 23:17 - Jun 29 with 1606 viewsdirk_doone

Liverpool's success was bought more than a hundred years ago, as was the success of all the top clubs, when local industrialists decided to put something back into their local communities by building big football stadiums and buying top class players. Liverpool were already 4 times champions of England by the early 1920s.

When I first went up to Anfield, 50 years ago, to watch Saints play there in the fifth round of the FA Cup, one of the lads in our mob said he was going to stand on the Kop just to experience it and we all understood why he did that, even though the rest of us went up the away end. The fans on the Kop were already famous as the noisiest and most passionate in the country, rivalled only by Man United's.

On the way to the ground, we got pelted with bricks, lobbed over the high walls of an alleyway. Once we got inside the ground, as soon as I started singing, 4 local coppers dived in on me and told me to shut up. Before the game, Bill Shankley had already got into the minds of the officials by calling Southampton players 'Alehouse footballers' and suggesting that they were dirty players. We didn't deserve to lose that day but we did. That was Liverpool: they did whatever it took to succeed and, in a way, you have to admire them for it. They have been ruthless in their pursuit of success. The only surprising thing is that the greater wealth of other clubs' owners, like Chelsea's and Man City's has kept them off the top for so long..
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 0:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Liverpool on 07:16 - Jun 30 with 1493 viewsChesham_Saint

Liverpool on 21:03 - Jun 29 by Saintsforeverj

To sum up Liverpool fc:

Have I missed anything?

Wembley 77 (Charity Shield) - almost as a big a punch up in the coach park as for the final against Man U the previous year. And this for a charity game which they won! Knife wielding cvnts.

White Hart Lane FA Cup semi final - flares fired into our crowd from almost point Blank range, running battles in Tottenham High Road - this for a game they won.

More receNtly the 0-6 - cup defeat at SMS. Gobby fans scattered throughout SMS trying to take the piss. And this for a game they won.

They almost (almost) make man u fans seem classy. So no, I do t like them much at all.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Liverpool on 08:43 - Jun 30 with 1444 viewsRednWight

Why is this even on here ?
What next. A wonderful article praising the skates if they get promoted? ?
Fuk Liverpool

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Liverpool on 08:49 - Jun 30 with 1436 viewsBuggalugs

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Liverpool on 13:09 - Jun 30 with 1321 viewsGasGiant

For "instantly likeable", I prefer "charismatic". I thought the post made its point very well.
Liverpool on 13:49 - Jun 30 with 1292 viewsSaintsforeverj

Liverpool on 13:09 - Jun 30 by GasGiant

For "instantly likeable", I prefer "charismatic". I thought the post made its point very well.

Totally agree. "Charismatic" yes. But "likeable" no.

How can anyone like a man who was part of an illegal transfer deal, part of tearing up our squad, and who has millions to spend every year and then thinks he is clever.

In terms of like ability, Ralph is loyal, brave, charismatic, commits to a club with no money and hard working. A millions times more likeable than Klopp.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Liverpool on 14:39 - Jun 30 with 1265 viewsTimSaint

VAR seems to have given them many key decisions this season, which some have said amass to more than 10 points, so perhaps it could have been closer run this season with the right man on VAR duty ?

Just think back to our away game at Anfield. I know we were well beaten in the end, but goals change games. We had a nailed on penalty for a trip on Ings, but the ref didn't give it, they went up the other end and scored and VAR (probably) didn't bother checking that far back for the pen - as it has with other games since. If we had scored that pen, it would have been a totally different game.

TimSaint

Liverpool on 20:33 - Jun 30 with 1119 viewskingslandstand1

Liverpool on 13:09 - Jun 30 by GasGiant

A character yes, but likeable no.I always thought he was a pr1ck when he was at Dortmund and nothing has since changed my mind
Liverpool on 00:56 - Jul 1 with 1055 viewsRonManager

If you've never seen David Squires cartoons then you've got a lot of catching up to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/jun/30/david-squires-on
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 1:00]

I can remember when the internet was all fields

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024