Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A great occasion last night, but...... 08:02 - Jun 30 with 3043 viewsA1079

why as a nation and people do we disrespect our opponents national anthem and flag in the manner in which we do?

We are simply quite dreadful for doing it and I don't know any other country or people that do it to the level that we do - even when 2 countries have intense rivalries they usually respect anthems and yet we seem to think it is ok to boo. I think it is embarrassing, disrespectful and does nothing to enhance the reputation of our country or English fans beyond being louts and thugs. Last night it was not even a minority. More often than not I am proud to be English but there are certain behaviour's and traits in our make up which make me feel the opposite. That and the way we disregard litter are two of them.
A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:29 - Jun 30 with 2070 viewsRon11

Typically, the German press insulted the Queen and England before the game.
A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:31 - Jun 30 with 2065 viewssaint22

Just have a look at the images from the crowd last night and the majority of those will explain a lot to you
A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:49 - Jun 30 with 2045 viewsBuenosSaint

I know A1079. I was watching it with some locals and that was so embarrassing. I was cringing. They were asking me questions like "are English still racist? " I truly had no answer.

Poll: The Long Future

A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:51 - Jun 30 with 2043 viewsRon11

A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:31 - Jun 30 by saint22

Just have a look at the images from the crowd last night and the majority of those will explain a lot to you

What,they're white?
A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:02 - Jun 30 with 1977 viewsDorsetIan

This is a great image. And check out Karen Carney on the sidelines too. No one must ever say a bad word about her.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.independent.co.uk%2F20

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:25 - Jun 30 with 1956 viewsSonicBoom

Think you might be viewing this with tinted specs on. I watch several games this championship where the opposition was booing and whistling the opponents anthem.

We do have an embarrassing number of idiots that still sing "no surrender" and ten german bombers" but there are plenty of countries (I'm looking at you Eastern Europe) where the crowd are horrific. Violent and racist.
Don't get me wrong I'm all for banter, I starting going in the early 80's ffs, but some of the stuff England fans sing is pathetic.
A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:27 - Jun 30 with 1947 viewssaint22

A great occasion last night, but...... on 09:51 - Jun 30 by Ron11

What,they're white?

well a lot are yes but its the overweight shirtless gurning fools that make me despair
A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:59 - Jun 30 with 1923 viewssolent_toffee

A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:02 - Jun 30 by DorsetIan

This is a great image. And check out Karen Carney on the sidelines too. No one must ever say a bad word about her.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.independent.co.uk%2F20

There were some great scenes when England scored, limbs everywhere. Great to see.
Login to get fewer ads

A great occasion last night, but...... on 13:18 - Jun 30 with 1852 viewsfranniesTache

A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:59 - Jun 30 by solent_toffee

There were some great scenes when England scored, limbs everywhere. Great to see.

Said this elsewhere but last night was the first time since the new wembley opened that it looked like a football ground and not a corporate events venue.

It does make me wonder if the reduced allocation actually helps to be honest.
A great occasion last night, but...... on 14:18 - Jun 30 with 1799 viewsDorsetIan

A great occasion last night, but...... on 13:18 - Jun 30 by franniesTache

Said this elsewhere but last night was the first time since the new wembley opened that it looked like a football ground and not a corporate events venue.

It does make me wonder if the reduced allocation actually helps to be honest.

Bet the person whose idea it was to put the tarps over rows of seats is having a rethink.

Saw some using them as trampolines.

They've have to crack down on all this exuberance if we get to the semis...

A great occasion last night, but...... on 14:56 - Jun 30 with 1768 viewsHeisenberg

I will start. She talks out of her arse. The Vestergaard tackle on Vardy she described as nasty and a deserved straight red. A red that was rescinded by the FA a few days later. She is the worst pundit alongside Garth Crooks and Micah Richards

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:23 - Jun 30 with 1738 viewsBuenosSaint

A great occasion last night, but...... on 11:25 - Jun 30 by SonicBoom

Think you might be viewing this with tinted specs on. I watch several games this championship where the opposition was booing and whistling the opponents anthem.

We do have an embarrassing number of idiots that still sing "no surrender" and ten german bombers" but there are plenty of countries (I'm looking at you Eastern Europe) where the crowd are horrific. Violent and racist.
Don't get me wrong I'm all for banter, I starting going in the early 80's ffs, but some of the stuff England fans sing is pathetic.

I get what you're saying sonic. I too have heard booing of anthems in most of the games. But if we are honest Wembley last night was the worst.

Poll: The Long Future

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:24 - Jun 30 with 1738 viewsdirk_doone

It will be interesting to see the reaction to our national anthem in Rome as it sounds like we are going to be playing in front of a hostile 95% Ukrainian supporting crowd.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:45 - Jun 30 with 1715 viewsDorsetIan

A great occasion last night, but...... on 14:56 - Jun 30 by Heisenberg

I will start. She talks out of her arse. The Vestergaard tackle on Vardy she described as nasty and a deserved straight red. A red that was rescinded by the FA a few days later. She is the worst pundit alongside Garth Crooks and Micah Richards

I'm not going to fall our with you Heisenberg. There are few enough people on here already that I routinely agree with!...

...but you are bang out of order.

She got the Verstergaard thing wrong but generally she demonstrates a very good knowledge of the game and she talks a lot of sense. Comparing her to Crooks is like...well, I can't even begin to go there. Crooks is a character out of a comic.

But, if you're in any doubt, just look at that picture. She's a genuine football nut and I won't hear a bad word said about her.

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:46 - Jun 30 with 1711 viewssaintwizzler

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:24 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

It will be interesting to see the reaction to our national anthem in Rome as it sounds like we are going to be playing in front of a hostile 95% Ukrainian supporting crowd.

Part and parcel of the game, it has been for years.

It’s only the amount of people who are offended by anything and everything has increased.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:59 - Jun 30 with 1698 views1885_SFC

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:24 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

Ah yes. I remember the last time England played a meaningful game in Italy...

Old School is Cool

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:42 - Jun 30 with 1641 viewskingslandstand1

A great occasion last night, but...... on 14:56 - Jun 30 by Heisenberg

I think Crooks really should take that top spot mantle
A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:44 - Jun 30 with 1637 viewsBerber

But she is dull.
A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:45 - Jun 30 with 1637 viewsBison

What a bunch of killjoy woke fans we have. The England fans were superb after nearly a year and half in lockdown and most were younger than most of us on here.

Looks like someone can moan about them and the team about every subject , just surprised no one has said we don't deserve to win it because of Brexit.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:48 - Jun 30 with 1636 viewskingslandstand1

A great occasion last night, but...... on 15:45 - Jun 30 by DorsetIan

I'm not going to fall our with you Heisenberg. There are few enough people on here already that I routinely agree with!...

...but you are bang out of order.

She got the Verstergaard thing wrong but generally she demonstrates a very good knowledge of the game and she talks a lot of sense. Comparing her to Crooks is like...well, I can't even begin to go there. Crooks is a character out of a comic.

But, if you're in any doubt, just look at that picture. She's a genuine football nut and I won't hear a bad word said about her.

Sorry Dorset hadn't read your post before sending my comment about that Tottenham LegEnd but generally in agreement abut him

Re Carney, she is not the brightest spark as far as TV charisma or has totally unbiased opinions and I'm gearing towards the "would rather she kept her mouth shut sometimes" camp, but does contribute to the punditry
A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:53 - Jun 30 with 1622 viewsarfurdent

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:48 - Jun 30 by kingslandstand1

Sorry Dorset hadn't read your post before sending my comment about that Tottenham LegEnd but generally in agreement abut him

Re Carney, she is not the brightest spark as far as TV charisma or has totally unbiased opinions and I'm gearing towards the "would rather she kept her mouth shut sometimes" camp, but does contribute to the punditry

she is entitled to an opinion

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:55 - Jun 30 with 1617 viewskingslandstand1

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:45 - Jun 30 by Bison

What a bunch of killjoy woke fans we have. The England fans were superb after nearly a year and half in lockdown and most were younger than most of us on here.

Looks like someone can moan about them and the team about every subject , just surprised no one has said we don't deserve to win it because of Brexit.

The B word got a mention at lunchtime on the radio while discussing the game ................

Re the booing, I would not take that as being offensive, I mean it was Germany and just look at all the hype building up to the game and how we "Must beat them to save the nation"

If it meant the crowd playing their part to make it a cauldron for the opposition then I'm for it. It happens wherever you go although maybe not quite as vociferous as last night

But hey, it worked and got very little air time today with players and pundits alike saying how brilliant the atmosphere was even when only half full
A great occasion last night, but...... on 17:54 - Jun 30 with 1566 viewssaint22

A great occasion last night, but...... on 16:45 - Jun 30 by Bison

Given its the EUROPEAN Championships I do wonder if its our last
A great occasion last night, but...... on 18:11 - Jun 30 with 1553 viewsBicester_North

By far the greatest atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at this version of Wembley

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

A great occasion last night, but...... on 18:41 - Jun 30 with 1528 viewscocklebreath

A great occasion last night, but...... on 17:54 - Jun 30 by saint22

Given its the EUROPEAN Championships I do wonder if its our last

Oh fook off you gimp, last night Wembley was back to how it should be, let’s hope if we get to the semis it’ll be even more raucous

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024