Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Get Extra Tickets 09:08 - Jan 29 with 5127 viewsSaintNick

Saints gave them an extra allocation of tickets for the FA Cup game, they now have 325 more which they have sold out and will now have 5,100 supporters at the game.

Im glad to see that Saints have given them a little more rather than have empty seats at the game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:11 - Jan 29 with 2583 viewssaint68

Probably going to be an electric atmosphere until we stick 3 past them and control the game 😁👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:14 - Jan 29 with 2570 viewsSaintNick

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:11 - Jan 29 by saint68

Probably going to be an electric atmosphere until we stick 3 past them and control the game 😁👍

Lets hope so, but it will be far from easy, Coventry are building up a head of steam after 20 years of decline

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:21 - Jan 29 with 2559 viewssaint68

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:14 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

Lets hope so, but it will be far from easy, Coventry are building up a head of steam after 20 years of decline

It is actually great to see them being competitive again as they've had a rotten couple of decades..but I hope their success is in the league and not progressing to the next round.

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:01 - Jan 29 with 2524 viewsSalisburySaint

Good to see our tickets selling well too, Kingsland and Itchen virtually sold out, so generally only tickets in Chapel now available
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:07 - Jan 29 with 2517 views1teeminants

Yep one of my best mates is a mad Coventry fan who used to be s tkt holder but now lives and works down here he managed to snap one of those up yesterday.

Coventry are no mugs with a decent team. Looking forward to the day even though I had to move seats , should be a great atmosphere.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 10:11]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 12:47 - Jan 29 with 2388 viewskingslandstand1

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:07 - Jan 29 by 1teeminants

Yep one of my best mates is a mad Coventry fan who used to be s tkt holder but now lives and works down here he managed to snap one of those up yesterday.

Coventry are no mugs with a decent team. Looking forward to the day even though I had to move seats , should be a great atmosphere.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 10:11]

Have a sort of soft spot for them following the SISU fiasco that could have been us, but a certain Swiss crane driver came here instead

Tbf I think it will be a tough game, and while I admire S68's forecast, I'm sure he knows it won't be quite as easy as that. Mark Robins has stuck with them through their iffy times and is now showing something for that loyalty and had a decent start to the season following the promotion so def a team on the up.

They'll be up for it with that 5k following so let's just hope our lot turn up and Ralph puts a decent side out
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 15:49 - Jan 29 with 2324 views1teeminants

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 12:47 - Jan 29 by kingslandstand1

Have a sort of soft spot for them following the SISU fiasco that could have been us, but a certain Swiss crane driver came here instead

Tbf I think it will be a tough game, and while I admire S68's forecast, I'm sure he knows it won't be quite as easy as that. Mark Robins has stuck with them through their iffy times and is now showing something for that loyalty and had a decent start to the season following the promotion so def a team on the up.

They'll be up for it with that 5k following so let's just hope our lot turn up and Ralph puts a decent side out

I’m sure Ralph will put out a decent team, I think he takes the cup seriously having reached the semis last year. I also have a soft spot for Coventry even though I’d never tell my mate that lol . When I was growing up they were always very similar to us in size, support, status etc. They’ve been through a tough time with SISU so I’m glad we managed to escape that.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 15:54 - Jan 29 with 2313 viewssaintwizzler

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 15:49 - Jan 29 by 1teeminants

I’m sure Ralph will put out a decent team, I think he takes the cup seriously having reached the semis last year. I also have a soft spot for Coventry even though I’d never tell my mate that lol . When I was growing up they were always very similar to us in size, support, status etc. They’ve been through a tough time with SISU so I’m glad we managed to escape that.

It will be a tough game.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 17:16 - Jan 29 with 2242 viewsdirk_doone

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:11 - Jan 29 by saint68

The Chapel Kop is going to need to up its game as Coventry will have the whole of the Northam end. It's in FA Cup games like this where the folly of having our singers divided in
two and tucked away in the corners of the away end and not even being able to keep their places there becomes obvious.

What kind of 'home end' is it when you have to let away fans take it over for big cup games?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 17:23]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 2190 viewsgrumpy

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 17:16 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

The Chapel Kop is going to need to up its game as Coventry will have the whole of the Northam end. It's in FA Cup games like this where the folly of having our singers divided in
two and tucked away in the corners of the away end and not even being able to keep their places there becomes obvious.

What kind of 'home end' is it when you have to let away fans take it over for big cup games?

Dirk,I have arguing for the Northam to be a home end for as long as I can remember.

Can someone tell me why the whole of the Northam end can be safer for the Away Fans but not our own

Coventry Fans can be very passionate on their day, we have just handed a huge advantage to them before a ball has been kicked.
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 18:22 - Jan 29 with 2148 viewssaint68

Mate, I'd love to fly back for this game...its going to be fiesty and emotional..my last game at St Mary's with my Dad before he passed away was our promotion day...I have a lot of respect for the Coventry lads both here and when away with England in the past..we are very similar in size and appreciation for where our values lay...

3-0 by halftime..

But we have to admit they have a far superior musical contribution to our lives as a city.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 18:31]

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 19:58 - Jan 29 with 2083 viewsPatfromPoole

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 17:42 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Dirk,I have arguing for the Northam to be a home end for as long as I can remember.

Can someone tell me why the whole of the Northam end can be safer for the Away Fans but not our own

Coventry Fans can be very passionate on their day, we have just handed a huge advantage to them before a ball has been kicked.

It’ll be fine.

Our fans who don’t normally sing will have to raise their game.

I think it could be the best atmosphere of the season at our place.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 21:06 - Jan 29 with 2056 viewsgrumpy

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 19:58 - Jan 29 by PatfromPoole

It’ll be fine.

Our fans who don’t normally sing will have to raise their game.

I think it could be the best atmosphere of the season at our place.

You're right Pat, will be a cracking atmosphere.
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 21:29 - Jan 29 with 2046 viewscocklebreath

Looking forward to it, got seats in block 35 with the kids, I think it’s gonna be a bit livelier in that block than usual.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 1931 viewssaintwizzler

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 17:42 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Move the away fans to where?
That is the problem.
There will be enough argy bargy this Saturday with them in the ‘safest’ area.
Move them elsewhere and it’ll be mayhem hon.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 1878 viewsPatfromPoole

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 08:59 - Jan 30 by saintwizzler

Move the away fans to where?
That is the problem.
There will be enough argy bargy this Saturday with them in the ‘safest’ area.
Move them elsewhere and it’ll be mayhem hon.

Britannia Road can be lively after the game now that they have cordoned off home fans from the Itchen getting towards the Northam Bridge.

Plenty of “bantz” by the away coaches with Saints fans who go in the Itchen…..

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:21 - Jan 30 with 1868 viewsPatfromPoole

FWIW I would go back to the regime of keeping away fans in for 15 minutes after the game.

Would avoid a lot of these flashpoints.

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 08:46 - Jan 31 with 1701 viewsSalisburySaint

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:01 - Jan 29 by SalisburySaint

Good to see our tickets selling well too, Kingsland and Itchen virtually sold out, so generally only tickets in Chapel now available

Chapel now got less than 100 tickets left, only areas with substantial number of seats in Family Centre and Itchen / Chapel corners, would say only around 1K tickets left, so get your tickets quick if you fancy going to game
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:31 - Jan 31 with 1667 viewssaints__fan__73

'singers'. Do people really think that some nice tunes being belted out by a small % of those in attendance will make us do better?

It's notable that our best period of home form since Koeman was forced out was when the stadium was empty.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 9:31]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:54 - Jan 31 with 1643 viewsSalisburySaint

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:31 - Jan 31 by saints__fan__73

'singers'. Do people really think that some nice tunes being belted out by a small % of those in attendance will make us do better?

It's notable that our best period of home form since Koeman was forced out was when the stadium was empty.

Have you been to a home game this season

Our vocal support at home this season has been superb, much better than before COVID, and played a big part in us going 8 unbeaten at home, especially in the Spurs and Man City games where we fought against the odds to get points from those games.
Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:07 - Jan 31 with 1629 viewsSaintNick

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:31 - Jan 31 by saints__fan__73

If you truly believe what you have written then you do not get football in any way shape or form and you certainly don't get being a football supporter

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 1626 viewssaints__fan__73

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 09:54 - Jan 31 by SalisburySaint

Have you been to a home game this season

Our vocal support at home this season has been superb, much better than before COVID, and played a big part in us going 8 unbeaten at home, especially in the Spurs and Man City games where we fought against the odds to get points from those games.

Is it as good as the home form post the covid restart where we were winning games in an empty stadium?

It's a very quaint notion that a bunch of young blokes doing their job for upwards of £50,000 per week will do better if people are singing some tunes loudly while they watch.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 12:23 - Jan 31 with 1564 viewsSaintNick

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 10:09 - Jan 31 by saints__fan__73

Is it as good as the home form post the covid restart where we were winning games in an empty stadium?

It's a very quaint notion that a bunch of young blokes doing their job for upwards of £50,000 per week will do better if people are singing some tunes loudly while they watch.

There seems to be two schools of thought on this, yours and then every other football supporter in the World

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 1555 viewsChesham_Saint

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 12:23 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

There seems to be two schools of thought on this, yours and then every other football supporter in the World

Yes Nick. Why bother with grounds in the first place? In any event ,73 only has to listen to players saying the crowd can indeed make a difference to know he's talking bollox.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Coventry Get Extra Tickets on 13:20 - Jan 31 with 1520 viewsfranniesTache

Using this game as an opportunity to try somewhere other than the Itchen North, the itchen north is god awful now, proper pantomime soccer am "bantz" cr*p.

Everything decent about it has been ruined by the "first line of coke inbetweeners gurning mongs" who no doubt will spend most of the game telling the Coventry fans that "pompey got battered" despite the fact they have no interest in them, and singing at a million miles an hour.

The Itchen North is dead, long live the next place
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024