Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northam 08:04 - Aug 14 with 2926 viewsSalisburySaint

The fans in that area should hold their heads in shame, after singing sacked in the morning song after Leeds second goal

End of the game fair enough, but with 30 mins to go, it was pathetic from the lot of them
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 8:05]
Northam on 08:31 - Aug 14 with 2388 viewsJaySaint

They are entitled to sign what they like. We are a very passive set of fans, truth be told

6 points from the last 45, watching the manager continue with a dog of a formation, will relegate the club

6 points from 45 is worse than anything Branfoot would throw up, Wigley, Gray, Redknapp and even the god awful Pellegrino
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 8:39]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Northam on 08:48 - Aug 14 with 2319 viewsRon11

Northam on 08:31 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

They are entitled to sign what they like. We are a very passive set of fans, truth be told

6 points from the last 45, watching the manager continue with a dog of a formation, will relegate the club

6 points from 45 is worse than anything Branfoot would throw up, Wigley, Gray, Redknapp and even the god awful Pellegrino

After the game he rants about reports of player dissent as 'shit'.
This after getting all cocky about retrieving one point (when it could have been all three) when he was told what to do by Selles and the other coaches, after they had very obviously seen enough of his stupidity.
The man is nothing but an arrogant prick.
Northam on 08:56 - Aug 14 with 2290 viewskernow

Northam on 08:31 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

Interesting to observe Hassenhuttel's mannerisms when he was conferring with the coaching staff when the changes were made.
Submissive.
The fans can sing what they like but I agree with Salisbury.
Any decisions taken won't be through fan pressure.
Northam on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 2178 viewsRon11

Northam on 08:56 - Aug 14 by kernow

Interesting to observe Hassenhuttel's mannerisms when he was conferring with the coaching staff when the changes were made.
Submissive.
The fans can sing what they like but I agree with Salisbury.
Any decisions taken won't be through fan pressure.

I'm sure they won't be.
Or even won't have to be if the idiot continues to submit to coaching staff advice. If they had started that set of subs yesterday we could well have three points today instead of one.
And let's hope Bednarek's indifference is finally his downfall.
Northam on 09:51 - Aug 14 with 2155 viewsBerber

Maybe it was hearing that which caused him to listen to the other coaching staff? It was pretty pathetic to claim that it was all in the plan, however he expressed it. I don’t think those singing should be ashamed one jot (no, I wasn’t one of them). It’s about time the club took a bit of notice of the fans.

The good news is that the new lads all appeared to be good value yesterday, and AArmstrong got the chance to use his pace with the excellent interplay with Adams. They both surprised me, and credit to them for that.
Northam on 10:06 - Aug 14 with 2134 viewskernow

Northam on 09:43 - Aug 14 by Ron11

I'm sure they won't be.
Or even won't have to be if the idiot continues to submit to coaching staff advice. If they had started that set of subs yesterday we could well have three points today instead of one.

Point taken.
That first goal illustrated that indifference perfectly.
He needs to be sent packing to Coventry,..better still Leicester.
Northam on 10:13 - Aug 14 with 2121 viewskernow

Northam on 09:51 - Aug 14 by Berber

Maybe it was hearing that which caused him to listen to the other coaching staff? It was pretty pathetic to claim that it was all in the plan, however he expressed it. I don’t think those singing should be ashamed one jot (no, I wasn’t one of them). It’s about time the club took a bit of notice of the fans.

The good news is that the new lads all appeared to be good value yesterday, and AArmstrong got the chance to use his pace with the excellent interplay with Adams. They both surprised me, and credit to them for that.

Nice to hear the good news.

The rest will take it's inevitable course.
Northam on 10:48 - Aug 14 with 2067 viewsSadoldgit

That’s the way to get the team playing better 🙄. We really do have a bunch of pathetic, self entitled fans. Kick off if you want after the game but during it get behind the team. Just as well they don’t support United, the county would be awash with soggy bedlinen this morning.
Login to get fewer ads

Northam on 10:50 - Aug 14 with 2059 viewsPatfromPoole

Does this mean that Ralph didn’t come over to the Northam for the jazz hands act after the game?

Will be interesting to see if he does it again now……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Northam on 10:53 - Aug 14 with 2055 viewsBerber

Northam on 10:48 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

That’s the way to get the team playing better 🙄. We really do have a bunch of pathetic, self entitled fans. Kick off if you want after the game but during it get behind the team. Just as well they don’t support United, the county would be awash with soggy bedlinen this morning.

The fans were behind the team all the way, no matter how disappointing to be 0-2 down. The song was directed at RH, whose decisions have been all over the place. Hopefully he has seen the light with Bednarek.
Northam on 11:25 - Aug 14 with 2012 viewsJaySaint

such a suuuupa duuupa fan

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Northam on 12:06 - Aug 14 with 1923 viewskingslandstand1

Northam on 08:48 - Aug 14 by Ron11

After the game he rants about reports of player dissent as 'shit'.
This after getting all cocky about retrieving one point (when it could have been all three) when he was told what to do by Selles and the other coaches, after they had very obviously seen enough of his stupidity.
The man is nothing but an arrogant prick.

Not defending him totally, particularly up to the 2nd goal, but was it Selles/coaching staff that told him what to change on the pitch?

Whoever did make that decision it certainly worked
Northam on 14:44 - Aug 14 with 1773 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sorry, but this happy clappy get behind the team talk is a load of wet claptrap. I didn't take part in those chants, I have supported Ralph, but it actually pressured the players into performing better and put a rocket up their arse, when they sensed the fans were getting angry. We have lost like 10 games in a row, and these long suffering fans snapped. The fans got behind the team at Leicester with real passion, only to go on and concede more.

Sometimes, I'm sorry, but these players get too much of an easy ride, grown men on a lot of money, sometimes downing tools (Broja,Ings) and going through the motions (just look at Man U players on even more money). They are grown men losing game after game, not precious paper silhouettes. There has to be a point where the fans put pressure on. What you say doesn't make sense, because the stadium started to turn ( rightly so imo) and that actually spurred Saints on. They realised they had to buck up or they would be facing a load of angry fans, so the pressure made them play better. They didn't collapse like normal did they, when the fans are normally behind them, like at Leicester.

I think some of us forget that we are also paying money to watch them. Who would go in a restaurant, pay a load of money for a terrible meal and just say "the chef is new get behind them, it doesn't matter". Most people would complain. West Ham fans protested and pressured the club to invest and do better. It's not all about sitting there like lemons and taking defeat after defeat and saying never mind at least I got behind the team. The club needs a bit of a rocket and pressure on them, surely people know that if you accept cr@p, that's what you are likely to get.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 14:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Northam on 16:05 - Aug 14 with 1648 viewsBridders2

Northam on 14:44 - Aug 14 by Saintsforeverj

Sorry, but this happy clappy get behind the team talk is a load of wet claptrap. I didn't take part in those chants, I have supported Ralph, but it actually pressured the players into performing better and put a rocket up their arse, when they sensed the fans were getting angry. We have lost like 10 games in a row, and these long suffering fans snapped. The fans got behind the team at Leicester with real passion, only to go on and concede more.

Sometimes, I'm sorry, but these players get too much of an easy ride, grown men on a lot of money, sometimes downing tools (Broja,Ings) and going through the motions (just look at Man U players on even more money). They are grown men losing game after game, not precious paper silhouettes. There has to be a point where the fans put pressure on. What you say doesn't make sense, because the stadium started to turn ( rightly so imo) and that actually spurred Saints on. They realised they had to buck up or they would be facing a load of angry fans, so the pressure made them play better. They didn't collapse like normal did they, when the fans are normally behind them, like at Leicester.

I think some of us forget that we are also paying money to watch them. Who would go in a restaurant, pay a load of money for a terrible meal and just say "the chef is new get behind them, it doesn't matter". Most people would complain. West Ham fans protested and pressured the club to invest and do better. It's not all about sitting there like lemons and taking defeat after defeat and saying never mind at least I got behind the team. The club needs a bit of a rocket and pressure on them, surely people know that if you accept cr@p, that's what you are likely to get.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 14:51]

I wouldn't condone dissent on a regular basis, but as you say after a long period of loses when the team don't seem to put their all in, then it's right to let your feeling be known...why should they think everything is happy clappy.
Northam on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 1577 viewsSonicBoom

I heard this weekend that Ralph genuinely isn't popular with the players. They do what theyre told but there certainly isn't any affection for the manager. This comes from as far back as Ings before he left and certain other players more recently. This is from people that play golf with them. Make of that what you will but its pretty solid info.
Northam on 17:44 - Aug 14 with 1525 viewsSaintsforeverj

Northam on 17:13 - Aug 14 by SonicBoom

I heard this weekend that Ralph genuinely isn't popular with the players. They do what theyre told but there certainly isn't any affection for the manager. This comes from as far back as Ings before he left and certain other players more recently. This is from people that play golf with them. Make of that what you will but its pretty solid info.

They could have buried Ralph at the weekend though couldn't they and just lost the game. Instead they, put in a magnificent performance to get the draw.

And just playing devil's advocate here, why isn't he popular? Maybe he works them hard, maybe he's brutally honest with them. Wigley was popular and so was Stewart Grey. Maybe they were too soft and that's why they were popular. Like, popular, respected are all fine lines ofcourse. I'm not defending Ralph here, I know he has made mistakes and his job is on the line but not being popular, isn't the key point for me, it's how they perform on the pitch.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 18:13]

Northam on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 1476 viewsChesham_Saint

Northam on 17:44 - Aug 14 by Saintsforeverj

They could have buried Ralph at the weekend though couldn't they and just lost the game. Instead they, put in a magnificent performance to get the draw.

And just playing devil's advocate here, why isn't he popular? Maybe he works them hard, maybe he's brutally honest with them. Wigley was popular and so was Stewart Grey. Maybe they were too soft and that's why they were popular. Like, popular, respected are all fine lines ofcourse. I'm not defending Ralph here, I know he has made mistakes and his job is on the line but not being popular, isn't the key point for me, it's how they perform on the pitch.

Does a leader need to be popular?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Northam on 18:17 - Aug 14 with 1471 viewsSaintsforeverj

Northam on 18:15 - Aug 14 by Chesham_Saint

Does a leader need to be popular?

No. Good leaders are sometimes unpopular.

Northam on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 1428 viewsA1079

That is a pretty strange comment to make SOG and are you another one to have a dig at your fellow fans. Just in case you have missed it, here are some examples of why Saints fans may be at the end of their tether:-

- 2 x 9-0 defeats - no songs about getting sacked or demanding a dismissal - I knew fans of other clubs who said they would not have put up with it once let alone twice;
- 13 games at the end of last season with one win! - until Brentford we barely uttered a word, followed by a previous similar collapse the season before;
- the worse record for losing from a winning position;
- the most recent collapse at Spurs followed by 50 woeful minutes at Leeds before we finally did something about it.

I do not sit/ stand at the the Northam and I cannot think of a time in my 45 years of following Saints live where I have sung to get a manager to be sacked, but we are a very quiet compliant bunch of fans so it is a bit like a person who goes to a Doctor that never does - if they do, then it is because they have finally had enough.

In terms of yesterday, it was nice to see a come back because I cannot recall the last time we have come back from a losing position. It did show we have some players who given the chance and able to play could make us into a decent team though our defence is still woeful and our attack until those changes was non-existent. Whether you can credit Ralph with the comeback is a moot point - who knows what would/could have happened if those players started the game! Like many games it is all ifs and buts. But, SOG Saints fans are a patient bunch and there is a solid 25k that still keep going no matter what. If their patience has run thin then may be the question you should be asking is - why?
Northam on 18:50 - Aug 14 with 1420 viewsdwayne_dibley

Northam on 18:17 - Aug 14 by Saintsforeverj

No. Good leaders are sometimes unpopular.

Like Stalin and the fat boy in Korea

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Northam on 19:14 - Aug 14 with 1368 viewsA1079

Northam on 17:44 - Aug 14 by Saintsforeverj

Good points Saintsforeverj. I am not bothered whether a manager is popular but it does matter if they are competent at what they do and that they have earned respect. I am not in the mode of sacking Ralph yet, I would still like him to succeed because I want to see stability, but he has had lots of chances and he is very much in the last chance saloon. He has no more excuses in the bag.
Northam on 19:17 - Aug 14 with 1356 viewsSaintsforeverj

Northam on 18:50 - Aug 14 by dwayne_dibley

Like Stalin and the fat boy in Korea

They arn't popular. Their people are forced to say they like them. Alex Ferguson was very unpopular with some players, but he was very successful.

Northam on 20:11 - Aug 14 with 1287 viewsBicester_North

How many games a season do you pay to attend?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Northam on 21:31 - Aug 14 with 1204 viewsSaintNick

Northam on 09:43 - Aug 14 by Ron11

I'm sure they won't be.

Why should he not consult his coaching staff, the problem over the past seasons was he had no one he could consult, now he has and its good to see he is using them, all great managers had good coaches alongside them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Northam on 21:51 - Aug 14 with 1181 viewsSaintsforeverj

Northam on 21:31 - Aug 14 by SaintNick

Why should he not consult his coaching staff, the problem over the past seasons was he had no one he could consult, now he has and its good to see he is using them, all great managers had good coaches alongside them

Yeah, it was good to see them all getting involved. In the past, Ralph was stood there lonely on the touchline with nobody to turn to. It's good, in fact great that we have some other voices, making suggestions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024