Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UNITED Kingdom 16:18 - Sep 11 with 14595 viewsCatullus

People can talk about Scottish indy but judging by the crowds forming and growing up in Scotland, a lot of people, a great lot of people are grieving the Queen's death and all across the UK we are seeing people united by this.

Happy times don't bring people together but tragedies do and it looks like the majority see her passing as a tragedy, maybe King Charles can take advantage of this and strengthen the unity going forward.

Will the Queen pasing actually make the UK a more unified place?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

UNITED Kingdom on 16:37 - Sep 11 with 3609 viewslifelong

She was a 96 year old woman in poor health who appeared to die of natural causes, how can that be classed as a tragedy?

King Charles is already coming across as being a bit of a bellend.

Those crowds up in Scotland a fair percentage of them a probably Americans.
UNITED Kingdom on 16:41 - Sep 11 with 3621 viewsonehunglow

Scotland won’t go and Wales certainly won’t unless revolution takes ver.

How the hell is going independent gonna help anyone

In Scotland it’s basic hatred of English,in Wales,mostly language led ,I would suggest but this would be denied .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

UNITED Kingdom on 16:43 - Sep 11 with 3624 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 16:41 - Sep 11 by onehunglow

Scotland won’t go and Wales certainly won’t unless revolution takes ver.

How the hell is going independent gonna help anyone

In Scotland it’s basic hatred of English,in Wales,mostly language led ,I would suggest but this would be denied .

I do hope this will unite people. We are all better off together. Hatred breeds hatred. Love overcomes all.

We don’t need to be against each other. Much easier to look out for everyone.
UNITED Kingdom on 16:48 - Sep 11 with 3617 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 16:43 - Sep 11 by Sirjohnalot

I do hope this will unite people. We are all better off together. Hatred breeds hatred. Love overcomes all.

Never going to happen.trust me

UNITED Kingdom on 16:54 - Sep 11 with 3612 viewspencoedjack

Obviously the people of Scotland have far more class than some posters on here.

& I’m sure some of those out on the streets want independence.

🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
UNITED Kingdom on 16:56 - Sep 11 with 3605 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 16:48 - Sep 11 by onehunglow

Never going to happen.trust me

As long as we have, ‘well I can’t because he said this, so I must say this’ you’re right. That never ends
UNITED Kingdom on 16:57 - Sep 11 with 3597 viewsonehunglow

UNITED Kingdom on 16:56 - Sep 11 by Sirjohnalot

As long as we have, ‘well I can’t because he said this, so I must say this’ you’re right. That never ends

At least it keeps you on your toes for your Courtvwork

UNITED Kingdom on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 3590 viewsmagicdaps10

Sturgeon has to be careful with her next step, supposedly the Queen went to Balmoral for he last days.....she done it because she loved Balmoral and to strengthen the bond with Scotland and how much it means to be one Kingdom.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

UNITED Kingdom on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 3557 viewsBryanSwan

Lets not portray that everyone who likes the prospect of Independence does so out of hatred.
I like England and Scotland, go on holiday there, visit family and friends.
The status quo of the Union just isn't working, I'd love for all the countries to be independent and then work together alongside Ireland too. Much like how the Nordic Council does.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

UNITED Kingdom on 17:51 - Sep 11 with 3529 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 16:37 - Sep 11 by lifelong

She was a 96 year old woman in poor health who appeared to die of natural causes, how can that be classed as a tragedy?

Well quite a few people seem to think it tragic, including the Royal family.

King Charles, in my opinion, was a bell when he was a Prince so no change there. That's why I said I'd rather we missed him out and had Wills and Kate. Though my first choice is to abolish the monarchy.

I'm not sure many Americans will have managed the trip at such short notice, unless they are rich enough not to work. Though Meghan is around.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

UNITED Kingdom on 18:09 - Sep 11 with 3509 viewsjohnlangy

UNITED Kingdom on 17:34 - Sep 11 by BryanSwan

Lets not portray that everyone who likes the prospect of Independence does so out of hatred.
I like England and Scotland, go on holiday there, visit family and friends.
The status quo of the Union just isn't working, I'd love for all the countries to be independent and then work together alongside Ireland too. Much like how the Nordic Council does.

Correct Bryan. I advocate Welsh Independence but i've never said I hate English people. How could I. I've got family members who are English and they are great people. It's Westminster governments I can't stand.

And while not being a Royalist, I had tremendous respect for the Queen herself and was very sad, and still am, that she has died.
UNITED Kingdom on 18:46 - Sep 11 with 3472 viewsBoundy

If only eh , common ideals , common language , same humour , same love of sports etc, share same ideals , education , history yet so divided . I did see on one of the many social media comments that 85% of the UK supported the Monarchy , I dint know where this came from but it would be interesting to have a national poll to gauge the opinions of the country

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

UNITED Kingdom on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 3468 viewsGwyn737

UNITED Kingdom on 18:09 - Sep 11 by johnlangy

Correct Bryan. I advocate Welsh Independence but i've never said I hate English people. How could I. I've got family members who are English and they are great people. It's Westminster governments I can't stand.

And while not being a Royalist, I had tremendous respect for the Queen herself and was very sad, and still am, that she has died.

It’s this exact attitude and tone that could win hearts and minds in the mission for independence.

It must drive the likes of johnlangly round the twist with the damage ‘England are mean to us’ brigade are doing.

Causes the most possible harm to the movement.
UNITED Kingdom on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 3437 viewslifelong

UNITED Kingdom on 18:46 - Sep 11 by Boundy

If only eh , common ideals , common language , same humour , same love of sports etc, share same ideals , education , history yet so divided . I did see on one of the many social media comments that 85% of the UK supported the Monarchy , I dint know where this came from but it would be interesting to have a national poll to gauge the opinions of the country

Depends what age group, apparently only 30% of the 18/24’s support the monarchy, whereas the older generation offer more support.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:09 - Sep 11 with 3447 viewsBoundy

UNITED Kingdom on 18:58 - Sep 11 by lifelong

Depends what age group, apparently only 30% of the 18/24’s support the monarchy, whereas the older generation offer more support.

As I said I'm not sure or know what poll he was quoting . you're probably right, how many kids these days care about anything . I know that's a sweeping statement but my experience of the younger generation is that they have selfish attitudes towards society

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

UNITED Kingdom on 19:13 - Sep 11 with 3437 viewsSirjohnalot

UNITED Kingdom on 19:09 - Sep 11 by Boundy

As I said I'm not sure or know what poll he was quoting . you're probably right, how many kids these days care about anything . I know that's a sweeping statement but my experience of the younger generation is that they have selfish attitudes towards society

Isn’t it the opposite ? The new generation seem to be far kinder and more understanding the generations before.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:17 - Sep 11 with 3431 viewsTogg

Totally ambivalent to Royalty but the thought of President Blair terrifies me. Also Oliver Cromwell sucked the absolute joy out of life . Charles second you could have a bloody good party and fornicate as much you wanted too. As his team of illegitimate children proved.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 3407 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 19:17 - Sep 11 by Togg

Totally ambivalent to Royalty but the thought of President Blair terrifies me. Also Oliver Cromwell sucked the absolute joy out of life . Charles second you could have a bloody good party and fornicate as much you wanted too. As his team of illegitimate children proved.

Blair would hardly have had more power as President than he did as PM and we could, and did, vote him back out too.

Cromwell, I didnt know he was still around!

Nobody has been meaner or more destructive to the majority of British people than some of our Monarchs and their minions.

Queen Elizabeth II was a shining example of how to be better.

UNITED Kingdom on 19:37 - Sep 11 with 3384 views73__73

Scotland will not vote for independence. Bookmark it.

Rule Britannia 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

UNITED Kingdom on 19:38 - Sep 11 with 3357 viewstrampie

As regards the opening post i don't think I would use the word tragedy to describe the passing of a 96 year old great grandmother from natural causes and I know of nobody personally that thinks it is a tragedy, does the majority of people in the UK really think it's a tragedy ?, if so I better rethink my own definition of what constitutes a tragedy as that would put virtually every single passing into the tragedy category.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 19:50 - Sep 11 with 3362 viewsTogg

UNITED Kingdom on 19:28 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Blair would hardly have had more power as President than he did as PM and we could, and did, vote him back out too.

Cromwell, I didnt know he was still around!

Nobody has been meaner or more destructive to the majority of British people than some of our Monarchs and their minions.

Queen Elizabeth II was a shining example of how to be better.

Cromwell..short time we were a Republic. As I said totally ambivalent to it. Agree I think Liz to the grand old age of 96 did a stirling job. She must have said to herself many a time, you can choose your friends but not the family or prime ministers.
UNITED Kingdom on 19:50 - Sep 11 with 3357 viewsCatullus

UNITED Kingdom on 19:38 - Sep 11 by trampie

As regards the opening post i don't think I would use the word tragedy to describe the passing of a 96 year old great grandmother from natural causes and I know of nobody personally that thinks it is a tragedy, does the majority of people in the UK really think it's a tragedy ?, if so I better rethink my own definition of what constitutes a tragedy as that would put virtually every single passing into the tragedy category.

Every single passing is a tragedy to somebody.

UNITED Kingdom on 20:09 - Sep 11 with 3328 viewsfelixstowe_jack

UNITED Kingdom on 16:37 - Sep 11 by lifelong

What a childish post I think it shows who the real bellend is.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

UNITED Kingdom on 20:11 - Sep 11 with 3296 viewstrampie

UNITED Kingdom on 19:50 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Every single passing is a tragedy to somebody.

Yes but not to everybody.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

UNITED Kingdom on 20:30 - Sep 11 with 3294 viewsBryanSwan

UNITED Kingdom on 18:09 - Sep 11 by johnlangy

Too true, four independent countries working in a real partnership is where it's at for me.

I had and have no real feelings on it, I'd rather there not be a monarchy. I won't be mourning nor will i be joking about it. Someone has died, no matter the circumstance it's a sad occasion for her family and those who knew or respected her.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024