Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kwarteng’s Budget 10:33 - Sep 23 with 17865 viewsPatfromPoole

Blimey.

Suicidal stuff politically, methinks.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:03 - Sep 23 with 7698 viewssaintwizzler

The rich stay healthy
The sick stay poor

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:11 - Sep 23 with 7685 viewsButty101

Everything is totally screwed.

I cant see myself retiring before 70

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:14 - Sep 23 with 7683 viewsPatfromPoole

Maybe Kwarteng devised his Budget at the Queen’s funeral.

He looks a very odd fruit….

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:25 - Sep 23 with 7655 viewssaintwizzler

Those who earn £150k or more will pay 5% less Income Tax now.
Should of INCREASED it by 5% and cut the lower rate of by more.

Is this too easy?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:38 - Sep 23 with 7644 viewsPatfromPoole

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:25 - Sep 23 by saintwizzler

Is this too easy?

I think he should have cut VAT.

A direct help to those who spend the biggest proportion of their money.

It’s total madness politically. Even if it actually somehow works…..

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:47 - Sep 23 with 7629 viewsDorsetIan

It the culmination of the Brexit project. The 'Singapore on Thames' idea that all the remoaners project-feared about.

It's not what the Brexit voters were told they were voting for; it's not what those who voted for Boris were told they were voting for. It's what a majority of Tory party members voted for, and it's now very real.

Still, at least we've taken back control and we don't have the EU telling us what to do any more.

Anyone what to buy some sterling, DM me.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 12:18 - Sep 23 with 7521 viewscocklebreath

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:25 - Sep 23 by saintwizzler

Is this too easy?

My rich sister will be delighted she can get more rich. It’s as if the government are just having a laugh now helping out there super rich friends.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:21 - Sep 23 with 7491 viewsGRIM

Kwarteng’s Budget on 11:11 - Sep 23 by Butty101

Everything is totally screwed.

I cant see myself retiring before 70

Don't bother retiring.
This so called Mini Budget has screwed Pensioners like myself.
1) The reversal of National Insurance contributions doesn't apply to Pensioners because we don't pay it.
2) The reduction of the Income Tax rate doesn't help us because most Pensioners only pay minimal income tax because their income is so low.
3) Stamp Duty changes don't help us because we're not likely to be moving house.
4). Utility bills hurt Pensioners more than the those that go to work.
Because we spend more time at home hence use more Gas / Electric/ Water etc.
If they take away our bus passes we'll be pooped.
Same old Tory policies looking after their own by " making the rich richer & the poor poorer".
Login to get fewer ads

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:26 - Sep 23 with 7480 viewsPatfromPoole

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:21 - Sep 23 by GRIM

Don't bother retiring.
1) The reversal of National Insurance contributions doesn't apply to Pensioners because we don't pay it.
2) The reduction of the Income Tax rate doesn't help us because most Pensioners only pay minimal income tax because their income is so low.
3) Stamp Duty changes don't help us because we're not likely to be moving house.
Same old Tory policies looking after their own by " making the rich richer & the poor poorer".

I genuinely think that they think most of their support base are affluent retired folk who have paid off their mortgages and will think they are better off by interest rates being increased.

Remember; they only have to get just under 40% of the vote to win the election.

They will have done their sums.

I however think they will have lost a lot of those votes due to the COVID lockdown parties. Even if Johnson has gone, the mud will still stick.

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:02 - Sep 23 with 7428 viewsDorsetIan

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:26 - Sep 23 by PatfromPoole

I genuinely think that they think most of their support base are affluent retired folk who have paid off their mortgages and will think they are better off by interest rates being increased.

Remember; they only have to get just under 40% of the vote to win the election.

They will have done their sums.

I however think they will have lost a lot of those votes due to the COVID lockdown parties. Even if Johnson has gone, the mud will still stick.

If this economic roll of the dice sparks a return to >2% growth, as hoped for, then they have something to try to campaign around at the next election (but even then they may lose).

If it doesn't, then I think the Tory Party is truly f*cked. I mean properly f*cked. 1997, out for over a decade, f*cked.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:10 - Sep 23 with 7413 viewsdirk_doone

Whoever follows this government is going to have to find a way to reduce some of the massive debts they have accumulated. Trying to pay them back is going to be a nightmare. The interest payments alone will make them unsustainable and now that the UK is being perceived more and more by the outside world as an untrustworthy banana republic, they are going to charge us much higher interest rates than before.

Borrowing a few billion more to make the rich richer may endear Truss to them in the short term but when they see how rapidly the pound devalues, they'll realize they are effectively, like the rest of us, worse off.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2022 14:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:34 - Sep 23 with 7361 viewsJaySaint

I am rather happy. I am about to exchange contracts on a house move, and now will not have to pay Stamp Duty

Great

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:42 - Sep 23 with 7344 viewsGRIM

Kwarteng’s Budget on 14:34 - Sep 23 by JaySaint

I am rather happy. I am about to exchange contracts on a house move, and now will not have to pay Stamp Duty

Great

Well good for you.
You are one of the lucky ones.
Spare a thought for the rest of us.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 7235 viewsSouthamptonfan

The idea being that lower taxes, attract more rich people to the UK, to spend here, increasing growth. The world best football players, who arn't currently here, will want to come here and will spend their money here instead of in Spain or wherever. People earning less, will still have more money in their pockets, but proportionally less. Will it create growth and increased revenues for the government and therefore for public services, f@ck knows.

Football players like f@cking Ronaldo will suddenly get something like 5 grand more a week in their pocket. And the Saints players will be thousands better off. They better f@cking play better.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 7224 viewsChesham_Saint

Kwarteng’s Budget on 13:21 - Sep 23 by GRIM

Don't bother retiring.

Do you still have the triple lock?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:14 - Sep 23 with 7210 viewsGRIM

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:05 - Sep 23 by Chesham_Saint

Do you still have the triple lock?

No Triple Lock on Pensions at the moment but apparently they intend to re-instate it next year.
I'll believe it when I see it.
How can it be fair that Saints players will be much better off & the loyal fans that pay a fortune to watch them will not be.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:22 - Sep 23 with 7196 views1885_SFC

Kwarteng’s Budget on 15:55 - Sep 23 by Southamptonfan

The idea being that lower taxes, attract more rich people to the UK, to spend here, increasing growth. The world best football players, who arn't currently here, will want to come here and will spend their money here instead of in Spain or wherever. People earning less, will still have more money in their pockets, but proportionally less. Will it create growth and increased revenues for the government and therefore for public services, f@ck knows.

Football players like f@cking Ronaldo will suddenly get something like 5 grand more a week in their pocket. And the Saints players will be thousands better off. They better f@cking play better.

Wealthy people (especially rich footballers) who find considerably more in their pockets won't spend it like most of us would... like a new/newer car, holidays, new TV, sofa, etc. All they'll do is invest it - which is what they've always done. It won't go back into the system as such in order to help the economy.

Old School is Cool

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:32 - Sep 23 with 7182 viewsPatfromPoole

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:22 - Sep 23 by 1885_SFC

Wealthy people (especially rich footballers) who find considerably more in their pockets won't spend it like most of us would... like a new/newer car, holidays, new TV, sofa, etc. All they'll do is invest it - which is what they've always done. It won't go back into the system as such in order to help the economy.

Yes.

And with the cut in corporation tax and removal of IR35 legislation, loads of loaded consultants will just pay themselves a shedload in dividends with no worries about getting stung for National Insurance.

They really have gone all-out to help a small section of people with few money worries.

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:47 - Sep 23 with 7164 viewsinthebox

A the pound plummets
Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:53 - Sep 23 with 7153 viewssolent_toffee

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:22 - Sep 23 by 1885_SFC

Or it will go into off shore accounts like that national treasure/w4nker Gary Barlow and the likes.
Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:39 - Sep 23 with 7092 viewssaint22

only the rich benefit
wow a new one for the tories, do people really not get it?
Scrapping corp tax rise too
ffs WABOC
Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:54 - Sep 23 with 7071 viewskingslandstand1

Kwarteng’s Budget on 17:39 - Sep 23 by saint22

only the rich benefit
wow a new one for the tories, do people really not get it?
Scrapping corp tax rise too
ffs WABOC

I'll be ok then
Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:21 - Sep 23 with 6993 viewssaint68

Its a simple fuk u to the hardworking majority and those struggling to make ends meet. There is only a silver lining for those reaping even more from the common man..the UK is a basket case...

Money for those that don't need it...fukall for those that desperately do ....

Anyone seeing any positivity from this is minted already and insulated from reality.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:23 - Sep 23 with 6991 viewsdirk_doone

Kwarteng’s Budget on 16:47 - Sep 23 by inthebox

A the pound plummets

£1 = $1.087

The pound hasn't been that low since it plummeted to $1.08 under Thatcher.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Kwarteng’s Budget on 19:32 - Sep 23 with 6969 viewsDENZY

And to think someone called this a right wing forum the other day

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024