Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No JWP at the WC 14:13 - Nov 10 with 4295 viewssaints__fan__73

[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 14:14]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

No JWP at the WC on 14:24 - Nov 10 with 3618 views1885_SFC

Not surprised really. He's been a shadow of what he was last season.

Old School is Cool

No JWP at the WC on 14:35 - Nov 10 with 3596 viewsCity_boy

Hasn't really done enough this season to go.

Yes, he offers something with dead ball situations, but Maddison is in there.

Having said that, he can probably feel aggrieved seeing Mount and Gallagher in there. The midfield looks very weak. Nobody very creative in there. Can't see England getting beyond quarters
No JWP at the WC on 14:39 - Nov 10 with 3588 viewsclunk76

Expect transfer request to be slapped in.
No JWP at the WC on 15:05 - Nov 10 with 3540 viewsSonicBoom

Strange . Southgate is taking people that aren't playing or barely played.
Maguire isn't playing at all, I'm not sure Stones plays much does he and Kalvin Phillips has had very little football.
And Callum Wilson will get injured walking up the steps on to the plane.
No JWP at the WC on 15:17 - Nov 10 with 3519 viewssaint901

I think JWP can be disappointed at those chosen over him.

He must feel that he's wasted his time playing the Ralph way and that unless he moves, he's not going to see the England side again.

For all I know he's relieved and looking forward to a rest (from Ralph and football) and if so, that can only be good for us.

I'd question why Saka is worth a place and probably Gealish as well.
No JWP at the WC on 15:22 - Nov 10 with 3500 viewsgrumpy

Cant see England coming home with the world cup with that squad.
No JWP at the WC on 15:24 - Nov 10 with 3498 viewsTimSaint

JWP will probably be going all out to break Jordan Henderson's leg on Saturday, so he can replace him in the squad !!

Playing deeper in many games this season has kept him out of the spotlight and he fluffed his final audition in front of Southgate at the Newcastle game. Mind you, Callam Wilson did nothing in that Newcastle game and still got picked ahead of Toney - who I thought may have scraped in.

TimSaint

No JWP at the WC on 15:38 - Nov 10 with 3478 viewsDorsetIan

A nod from me towards JWP's loyalty to Saints, which has most likely cost him a place in the squad.

He's has been unimpressive recently but he's had to carry so much of the midfield since Romeu left, that he's really been on a hiding to nothing.

Assuming that he gets on with the new manager, my guess would be that he'll stay in January but will then - unless we are absolutely flying - be off next summer, hoping to put himself in the frame for the 2024 Euros.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

No JWP at the WC on 16:04 - Nov 10 with 3437 viewsSFC_Referee

Really I didn’t think that he deserved to be in the squad at first, but then again he certainly deserves to be in the squad if the likes of Bowen, Tomori, Toney, Abrahams etc aren’t in there!
As how the heck he’s got Maguire, Trent, Henderson, Rashford, Grealish, Gallagher, Philips etc, is just baffling and certainly shouldn’t be in there over some of them!

But still it just sums up and shows of how it’s just as much down to of how good the players, as it is for who they play for! Which is why soo many of the big team players somehow make that squad when they’ve been rubbish or not playing at all

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

No JWP at the WC on 16:04 - Nov 10 with 3434 viewsI_would

No JWP at the WC on 14:39 - Nov 10 by clunk76

Expect transfer request to be slapped in.

Yes please. Problem is who would want him?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

No JWP at the WC on 16:56 - Nov 10 with 3349 views1885_SFC

No JWP at the WC on 16:04 - Nov 10 by SFC_Referee

Really I didn’t think that he deserved to be in the squad at first, but then again he certainly deserves to be in the squad if the likes of Bowen, Tomori, Toney, Abrahams etc aren’t in there!
As how the heck he’s got Maguire, Trent, Henderson, Rashford, Grealish, Gallagher, Philips etc, is just baffling and certainly shouldn’t be in there over some of them!

But still it just sums up and shows of how it’s just as much down to of how good the players, as it is for who they play for! Which is why soo many of the big team players somehow make that squad when they’ve been rubbish or not playing at all

It's not surprising to me. Southgate has always had his favourite players - and so it's proved to be.

Henderson barely plays for Liverpool anymore - and Kalvin Phillips has played just 54 minutes of football all season. But one plays for Liverpool & the other for Man City.

On the plus side ; at least JWP will now get the time to work with the new gaffer.

Old School is Cool

No JWP at the WC on 17:10 - Nov 10 with 3318 viewskingslandstand1

No JWP at the WC on 15:24 - Nov 10 by TimSaint

JWP will probably be going all out to break Jordan Henderson's leg on Saturday, so he can replace him in the squad !!

Playing deeper in many games this season has kept him out of the spotlight and he fluffed his final audition in front of Southgate at the Newcastle game. Mind you, Callam Wilson did nothing in that Newcastle game and still got picked ahead of Toney - who I thought may have scraped in.

Toney should have played in one or both of those recent Nations games. At least all, particularly Southgate, would have been able to see him playing with the big boys
No JWP at the WC on 18:08 - Nov 10 with 3275 viewsTripleNiemi

No JWP at the WC on 15:17 - Nov 10 by saint901

I think JWP can be disappointed at those chosen over him.

He must feel that he's wasted his time playing the Ralph way and that unless he moves, he's not going to see the England side again.

For all I know he's relieved and looking forward to a rest (from Ralph and football) and if so, that can only be good for us.

I'd question why Saka is worth a place and probably Gealish as well.

Put simply, he needs to be at a bigger club to ever stand a chance. Fingers crossed we start feeding Göztepe as that should help his odds......
[Post edited 10 Nov 2022 18:59]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

No JWP at the WC on 22:34 - Nov 10 with 3128 views1teeminants

He Definitely doesn’t deserve to be in it. Let’s be perfectly honest here apart from a brilliant free kick what does he offer. ? He has a great work rate but doesn’t offer much creativity, doesn’t score much , he has improved over the years ( not this s season though) but there are far better England midfielders .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

No JWP at the WC on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 2941 viewsinthebox

This is the way to do it, the rest of the world will be shaking in their boots
No JWP at the WC on 15:09 - Nov 11 with 2879 viewsSFC_Referee

No JWP at the WC on 22:34 - Nov 10 by 1teeminants

He Definitely doesn’t deserve to be in it. Let’s be perfectly honest here apart from a brilliant free kick what does he offer. ? He has a great work rate but doesn’t offer much creativity, doesn’t score much , he has improved over the years ( not this s season though) but there are far better England midfielders .

I’d of originally agreed with you, and still do in a way, as with some of the midfielder’s that England have to offer and how he’s been this season, then yeah he shouldn’t be in that squad.

But the thing is that it’s pretty clear that this season isn’t too important to Southgate, and many of those top midfielders are injured anyway, as he should certainly be in that team over the likes of Gallagher, Phillips and Henderson. Especially so with Gallagher and Phillips, as yeah Prowse hasn’t been in the greatest of form this season, yet nether have those two, and whilst Prowse hasn’t been on form he’s at least been playing, yet those two have barely been playing and certainly aren’t on form as they’ve both been rubbish for the games that they did play, hence why they’ve played soo very few.
So really with the squad that he’s selected, the likes of Prowse (as well as others like Toney, Tilamens, Bowen, Abrahams etc) should certainly be in there over some of the others who were selected.

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

No JWP at the WC on 15:36 - Nov 11 with 2858 viewsdwayne_dibley

England squad has always been picked by the FA PR merchants who will always favour top six sides regardless of whether the player has a pulse or can walk

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

No JWP at the WC on 16:17 - Nov 11 with 2836 viewssaints__fan__73

No JWP at the WC on 15:36 - Nov 11 by dwayne_dibley

England squad has always been picked by the FA PR merchants who will always favour top six sides regardless of whether the player has a pulse or can walk

So a crap player playing for a crap team has little hope, yes?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

No JWP at the WC on 19:08 - Nov 11 with 2729 viewsGRIM

No JWP at the WC on 22:34 - Nov 10 by 1teeminants

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here.
Even at his best I personally don't think Prowsy is an International player, he's to one dimensional. (that is only my opinion, I expect many of you will disagree).
He's got terrific attitude & work rate & he's efficient but lacks the necessary vision & creativity at international level.
I do don't think playing for Saints has hampered his chances of going to the World Cup.( again, I expect most of you will disagree).
No JWP at the WC on 23:14 - Nov 11 with 2652 viewssaintpaz

No JWP at the WC on 15:05 - Nov 10 by SonicBoom

Strange . Southgate is taking people that aren't playing or barely played.
Maguire isn't playing at all, I'm not sure Stones plays much does he and Kalvin Phillips has had very little football.
And Callum Wilson will get injured walking up the steps on to the plane.

nothing strange there...or was that tongue-in-cheek?
No JWP at the WC on 23:15 - Nov 11 with 2650 viewssaintpaz

No JWP at the WC on 14:35 - Nov 10 by City_boy

Hasn't really done enough this season to go.

Yes, he offers something with dead ball situations, but Maddison is in there.

Having said that, he can probably feel aggrieved seeing Mount and Gallagher in there. The midfield looks very weak. Nobody very creative in there. Can't see England getting beyond quarters

quarters wouldn't be too bad then lol
No JWP at the WC on 23:16 - Nov 11 with 2648 viewssaintpaz

No JWP at the WC on 15:38 - Nov 10 by DorsetIan

A nod from me towards JWP's loyalty to Saints, which has most likely cost him a place in the squad.

He's has been unimpressive recently but he's had to carry so much of the midfield since Romeu left, that he's really been on a hiding to nothing.

Assuming that he gets on with the new manager, my guess would be that he'll stay in January but will then - unless we are absolutely flying - be off next summer, hoping to put himself in the frame for the 2024 Euros.

good comment tbf
No JWP at the WC on 06:19 - Nov 12 with 2552 viewsdwayne_dibley

No JWP at the WC on 16:17 - Nov 11 by saints__fan__73

So a crap player playing for a crap team has little hope, yes?

how many current skates in the England squad?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

No JWP at the WC on 12:40 - Nov 12 with 2447 viewssaint68

Zero interest in this complete farce of a competition..its not a real World Cup...just a vanity show.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

No JWP at the WC on 14:37 - Nov 12 with 2376 views1885_SFC

Toney scored both Brentford goals to win 2-1 at Man City today - that's 10 goals in 14 games. Only Haarland has more.

The gonk Southgate picks the likes of Rashford though. What's he done this season?

That's why you can stick Southgate up your arse. Clueless tw@t.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024