Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league 23:04 - May 30 with 7426 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.givemesport.com/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-how-many-emoty-seats-

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 23:24 - May 30 with 4744 viewsPatfromPoole

Capacity figure appears not to have been amended for the fact that the Club deliberately closed the noisiest block in the ground.

And people wonder why we won 2 games at home.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 23:31 - May 30 with 4724 viewscocklebreath

Bournemouth 1000 short per game with an 11000 capacity, tiny club

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 23:36 - May 30 with 4731 viewsPatfromPoole

I think that Monsieur Cent Trente has in the past attributed Portsmouth’s pathetic (factual) attendances to being part of a tax avoidance scheme.

I therefore conclude that is what Saints have been looking to replicate. Allegedly.

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 07:55 - May 31 with 4637 viewsSalisburySaint

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 23:36 - May 30 by PatfromPoole

I think that Monsieur Cent Trente has in the past attributed Portsmouth’s pathetic (factual) attendances to being part of a tax avoidance scheme.

I therefore conclude that is what Saints have been looking to replicate. Allegedly.

Would imagine significant proportion of empty seats, apart from Block One has been in the Hospiitality areas, including the ridiculously overpriced Block 31 in Kingsland

This has been overpriced for years and rarely full can’t see that even a 20% cut prices in most of those areas helping, although 30% in Block 31 will
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 08:45 - May 31 with 4593 viewsNumber_58

How's the new mock mock Tudor away end coming along down at the Dump?
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 09:04 - May 31 with 4580 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 08:45 - May 31 by Number_58

How's the new mock mock Tudor away end coming along down at the Dump?

It looks alright to be honest, but FP certainly is a bit of a classic stadium now, unlike your stadium. You can't buy history can you!

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 09:35 - May 31 with 4558 viewsSaintNick

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 09:04 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It looks alright to be honest, but FP certainly is a bit of a classic stadium now, unlike your stadium. You can't buy history can you!

You are right you cant buy history, but in Portsmouth they can certainly amend it to suit their agenda

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 11:26 - May 31 with 4509 viewsNumber_58

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 09:04 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The only reason your dump wasn't flattened years ago was because you p*ssed all your money up the wall and now no longer need a big ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 12:23 - May 31 with 4480 viewsfranniesTache

Hi 130 can you explain to us why you've basically not had a higher average attendance than us for more than two seasons in the last 60+ plus years.

Given how much PASHUUUUN you skates have it's remarkable you haven't beaten us every season, and I assume that the sub 10k crowds you got relatively regularly in the 90s were due to the fact that your little hovel just had so much PASHUUUUN that people couldn't physically make their way to the ground
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:05 - May 31 with 4457 viewsPortchy_Blue

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 12:23 - May 31 by franniesTache

Hi 130 can you explain to us why you've basically not had a higher average attendance than us for more than two seasons in the last 60+ plus years.

Given how much PASHUUUUN you skates have it's remarkable you haven't beaten us every season, and I assume that the sub 10k crowds you got relatively regularly in the 90s were due to the fact that your little hovel just had so much PASHUUUUN that people couldn't physically make their way to the ground

Can you explain to us how you hold the record for the third lowest attended match in the history of the Premier League?
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:21 - May 31 with 4444 viewsTripleNiemi

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:05 - May 31 by Portchy_Blue

Can you explain to us how you hold the record for the third lowest attended match in the history of the Premier League?

Oh god, as if by magic another plum from down the road arrives….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:21 - May 31 with 4442 viewsPatfromPoole

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:05 - May 31 by Portchy_Blue

A well-orchestrated effort to rid the club of Branfoot.

Why did you only take 87 fans to Wigan for a game in the Prem?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:35 - May 31 with 4437 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:21 - May 31 by PatfromPoole

A well-orchestrated effort to rid the club of Branfoot.

Why did you only take 87 fans to Wigan for a game in the Prem?

A well orchestrated effort. this sounds interesting?

What a shame the same effort couldn't be put into the 'Save the Saints' game?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:39 - May 31 with 4432 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 12:23 - May 31 by franniesTache

I think we had enough passssssssssion to back the team to a bit of glory now and again, but enough nous to realise when the owners weren't really bothered.

Can you explain why your maximum ever gate is around 20,000 lower than ours? I do struggle to understand that one

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:41 - May 31 with 4429 viewsPatfromPoole

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:39 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think we had enough passssssssssion to back the team to a bit of glory now and again, but enough nous to realise when the owners weren't really bothered.

Can you explain why your maximum ever gate is around 20,000 lower than ours? I do struggle to understand that one

Yes well, Charlton Athletic had a crowd of 75,000 in 1938, so I wouldn’t be gloating about that if I were you.

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:42 - May 31 with 4429 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 09:35 - May 31 by SaintNick

You are right you cant buy history, but in Portsmouth they can certainly amend it to suit their agenda

What agenda is this then Nick?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:43 - May 31 with 4427 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:41 - May 31 by PatfromPoole

Yes well, Charlton Athletic had a crowd of 75,000 in 1938, so I wouldn’t be gloating about that if I were you.

But that is a London club ie ahuge local population that might just turn up for a very big game.

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:46 - May 31 with 4425 viewsPatfromPoole

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:43 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

But that is a London club ie ahuge local population that might just turn up for a very big game.

Rather than all start going to watch basketball in the 1990’s, yes?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:48 - May 31 with 4424 views1teeminants

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:39 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Can you explain that for my entire life and I’m no spring chicken, apart from the odd few years when you cheated, you have been nothing but lower league trash whilst for the majority of this time we have been playing in the top league in England.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:49 - May 31 with 4423 viewsPatfromPoole

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:42 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

What agenda is this then Nick?

It’s the “selective with facts” agenda.

Anyway, about these 87 fans to Wigan for a Prem game in 2010……

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:51 - May 31 with 4421 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:48 - May 31 by 1teeminants

Can you explain that for my entire life and I’m no spring chicken, apart from the odd few years when you cheated, you have been nothing but lower league trash whilst for the majority of this time we have been playing in the top league in England.

Because they were the good times.

Good times, bad times, an old Zep song for you

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:54 - May 31 with 4416 viewsPatfromPoole

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:51 - May 31 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Because they were the good times.

Good times, bad times, an old Zep song for you

Think you have been suffering a communication breakdown…..

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:55 - May 31 with 4416 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 13:46 - May 31 by PatfromPoole

Rather than all start going to watch basketball in the 1990’s, yes?

Don't forget that during their heyday, they had a few 3rd and 4th placed finishes. ie more than your club, and then won the FA cup 6 or 7 years later.

They were a good team, and people just went to see them.

Its a bit similar to your massive fanbase in the late seventies and early eighties.

Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 16:38 - May 31 with 4366 viewsfranniesTache

Yes i can very easily explain your large gate as it's pretty well documented, it was in 1949 and Portsmouth was still home to a significant number of conscripted navy men, those navy bolstered the crowd significantly.

What's interesting is you can actually see the drop off when the Navy was no longer conscripted and stationed for war.

Now if you look at the period from 1960 to now (63 years) you can actually see the real support.

Which is a high of around 16k-19k and for the most part being around the 12k-14k mark.

Obviously there's a few fluctuations for you, the premier league blip that's an anomaly in your history meaning more turned up, and of course the years in the 90s where you got sub 10k at home, plus a very impressive 2k for an FA Cup game in the 1980s.

I mean aside from 2/3 seasons in over half a century you've had lower support than us, and withdean aside lower support than brighton.

F*CKING PASHUUUUN that.

I mean if PASHUUUUN actually means complete delusion and a pretty sh*t support
Saying we are top of the league, we are top of the league on 17:00 - May 31 with 4348 viewsWints76

Is this a new Portsmyth being born in front of our eyes?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024