Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perraud 08:18 - Aug 28 with 4780 viewsPatfromPoole

Off to Nice.

This saddens me.

Really good, whole-hearted player.

Feel that he was set up to fail by Martin by being picked at CB at Gillingham.

One of our better signings over the last 3 years or so.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Perraud on 08:25 - Aug 28 with 3638 viewsSalisburySaint

Martin said in an interview, some of the players made it clear they wanted to leave when he first took charge.

He said several had since changed their stance, I think Stuart Armsrtrong possibly in that category

I would think Perraud was one of those who said he wanted out, hence letting him go.
Perraud on 08:48 - Aug 28 with 3582 viewssaint22

Perraud on 08:25 - Aug 28 by SalisburySaint

Martin said in an interview, some of the players made it clear they wanted to leave when he first took charge.

He said several had since changed their stance, I think Stuart Armsrtrong possibly in that category

I would think Perraud was one of those who said he wanted out, hence letting him go.

If that’s the case fair enough
If not this is a major error
Manning is poor and no better than Perraud certainly not defensively
Perraud on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 3546 viewsA1079

He is a good player and seemed to give his all and scored a couple of good goals. Manning is not on the same level. If he had felt needed then I am sure he would have stayed. I went to the game on Saturday and we were saying where is Perraud as he is better than Manning. This is a sale which is not needed - of course he will want to leave if he is marginalised and being played out of position like he was at Gillingham.
Perraud on 09:14 - Aug 28 with 3529 views1teeminants

Yep decent player who was voted best Young left back in France by French fans before he came to saints. . Oh well , another few million in the bank.

KWP next to go .

Che will probably go to someone like Bournemouth or Palace on the last day of window leaving us scrambling about for a striker probably this kid from Aberdeen. we’ll put in a deal sheet( whatever they call it ) and get it over the line… just.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:21]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Perraud on 09:30 - Aug 28 with 3481 viewsSalisburySaint

Perraud on 09:09 - Aug 28 by A1079

He is a good player and seemed to give his all and scored a couple of good goals. Manning is not on the same level. If he had felt needed then I am sure he would have stayed. I went to the game on Saturday and we were saying where is Perraud as he is better than Manning. This is a sale which is not needed - of course he will want to leave if he is marginalised and being played out of position like he was at Gillingham.

He certainly is a good player, but if his hearts not in it, then best to let him go

So far Manning has flattered to deceive, good generally going forward, two good assists Saturday, but lacks pace and given the ball away too often so far.
Perraud on 09:33 - Aug 28 with 3473 viewsgrumpy

Another quality player gone.
When our present bubble bursts we are going to find ourselves in big trouble.
Manning is a poor replacement for Perraud, and who replaces him when hes injured?
Surely its not beyond the bounds of possibility to persuade a player that wants to leave to change his mind.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:38]
Perraud on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 3457 viewsPatfromPoole

Perraud on 09:33 - Aug 28 by grumpy

Another quality player gone.
When our present bubble bursts we are going to find ourselves in big trouble.
Manning is a poor replacement for Perraud, and who replaces him when hes injured?
Surely its not beyond the bounds of possibility to persuade a player that wants to leave to change his mind.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:38]

Larios is the back-up presumably….

Perraud on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 3404 viewssaint22

Perraud on 09:30 - Aug 28 by SalisburySaint

He certainly is a good player, but if his hearts not in it, then best to let him go

So far Manning has flattered to deceive, good generally going forward, two good assists Saturday, but lacks pace and given the ball away too often so far.

It’s all feeling a bit like RM is another manager whose efforts all seem concentrated on attaching and defending is an after thought
We all know how that works out
Clean sheets mean you don’t lose games our defence is poor and looked it again on Saturday against a rather limp attack that managed two goals and hit the bar from 3 efforts even the offside saved us
Login to get fewer ads

Perraud on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 3403 viewsBlock8

That Perraud is a better all round player than Manning is difficult to dispute. I went to the open training day & Perraud seemed to be enjoying himself but every manager has his favourites and who wants to be second (or even third) choice at a small club!
Good luck to him if he does go, he was definitely one of my major highlights last season!
Perraud on 11:23 - Aug 28 with 3257 viewssmartjoe

It is a major error to let Perraud leave. His name should be one of the first on the team sheet. He has been treated very poorly by the last four managers and deserved far better treatment.
I wish him well and hope he does not too bad feelings towards the Club.......although he would not be human if he didn't!!
Perraud on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 3221 views1ASIN12

I rate Perraud and would have kept him if we could .

Shame it looks like he’s off - I will look forward to his parting words telling us how much the club , fans , staff , players are wonderful that the PR company write for him no no sorry I mean what he wrote .
Perraud on 12:01 - Aug 28 with 3195 views1teeminants

Perraud on 11:51 - Aug 28 by 1ASIN12

I rate Perraud and would have kept him if we could .

Shame it looks like he’s off - I will look forward to his parting words telling us how much the club , fans , staff , players are wonderful that the PR company write for him no no sorry I mean what he wrote .

Apparently it’s only a loan so good news in a way I guess but I agree with others I think he’s better than Manning.

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/08/28/club-have-worked-in-greatest-secrecy-to-land

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Perraud on 12:11 - Aug 28 with 3176 viewskernow

If you were French would you prefer to be in Nice or Southampton.
As some might say, bit of a no brainer, I would have thought.
Perraud on 12:19 - Aug 28 with 3162 viewsMattFinish

Another SR transfer disaster

In my opinion a better left back than Manning, far better going forward and more pace.

So we are supposed to be reducing the squad size and bring in Fraser and get rid of Perraud, Brilliant - and our back up left back is????

Complete b0ll0cks
Perraud on 13:09 - Aug 28 with 3103 viewsMattFinish

Manning is 2 yellows from suspension after 4 games and with yellow cards flying around this season he could feasibly be suspended in two games time so who plays left back then
Perraud on 13:13 - Aug 28 with 3100 viewsgrumpy

Perraud on 12:19 - Aug 28 by MattFinish

Another SR transfer disaster

In my opinion a better left back than Manning, far better going forward and more pace.

So we are supposed to be reducing the squad size and bring in Fraser and get rid of Perraud, Brilliant - and our back up left back is????

Complete b0ll0cks

Do SR have any idea about football?
Perraud on 14:33 - Aug 28 with 3023 viewsLondonSaint76

To be honest, I don’t blame him for going. At least it is only a loan but that does not help us this season. It just baffles me how Manning can get the nod ahead of Perraud - can you imagine what the likes of Leicester, Leeds and a few other will do to him? I don’t dislike RM, he’s definitely an big upgrade on the Welsh Fraud and Sorry I haven’t a clue but I do think he very clearly has his favourites and in Manning’s case he seems to have his blinkers on. RM has been very complimentary about several players saying how pleasantly surprised he was seeing the likes of Amo and Sulemana for the first time so I cannot see how he cannot see how Perraud is a better player than Manning - has to be them there blinkers…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Perraud on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 2964 viewshedgeend61

OK, so if Perraud's this quality PL left back everyone seems to think he is, why have no PL clubs shown even an interest in him?, and then why's he's gone to an average French club in the 5th ranked European league?
Possibly cos he's not PL level?, poor last season in a poor defence, would've been fine in the Championship this season, but if he doesn't want to be here, there's the door son.

As for Manning, yes he looks to be struggling defensively but we're only 4 games in, early days. He got as many assists v QPR on Saturday as Perraud got in 30 games last season so that's a positive.
Perraud on 15:32 - Aug 28 with 2933 viewsBazza

Perraud on 15:15 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

OK, so if Perraud's this quality PL left back everyone seems to think he is, why have no PL clubs shown even an interest in him?, and then why's he's gone to an average French club in the 5th ranked European league?
Possibly cos he's not PL level?, poor last season in a poor defence, would've been fine in the Championship this season, but if he doesn't want to be here, there's the door son.

As for Manning, yes he looks to be struggling defensively but we're only 4 games in, early days. He got as many assists v QPR on Saturday as Perraud got in 30 games last season so that's a positive.

Manning knew the manager. Also there’s assists and assists like a short pass to someone on halfway who goes on to beat 4 players and score.
Perraud on 15:51 - Aug 28 with 2910 viewsNYC_Saint

Is there any news on Jack Stephens? Haven't seen any update on how bad the injury is.
Perraud on 17:22 - Aug 28 with 2804 viewscocklebreath

He’s crap glad he’s gone,does one run down wing and is knackered and out of position, I’m beginning to doubt your football knowledge pessimistic Pat. We’ve had Smallbone is rubbish, boro are gonna romp the league and now this.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Perraud on 17:59 - Aug 28 with 2746 viewskingslandstand1

Perraud on 09:30 - Aug 28 by SalisburySaint

Was at fault for the Plymouth goal from memory? Could be totally wrong of course, but def to blame for one we've conceded, and we hve inevery game so far and can't see that changing much in th enear future!
Another experienced player gone
Perraud on 19:05 - Aug 28 with 2646 viewsPatfromPoole

Perraud on 17:22 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

He’s crap glad he’s gone,does one run down wing and is knackered and out of position, I’m beginning to doubt your football knowledge pessimistic Pat. We’ve had Smallbone is rubbish, boro are gonna romp the league and now this.

Mr. Cock Breath

I apologise, in my ageing years and with my fading memory, I do not recall stating that Smallbone was rubbish.

However, it may be that your forensic investigation into my historic posts is up with there with SF73’s fanatical pursuit of Saint Nick, in which case I welcome you as a fully fledged disciple.

We shall have to agree to disagree on Perraud, sir.

Carrick is a fine manager and will have Boro sorted soon enough. On that I am more than happy for you to quote me.

Much love x

Perraud on 19:14 - Aug 28 with 2628 viewssaint22

Perraud on 15:15 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

I am not sure anyone said he was an amazing PL left back
Just that he is better than Manning and also selling him leaves us very short
Perraud on 19:30 - Aug 28 with 2598 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 15:32 - Aug 28 by Bazza

Manning knew the manager. Also there’s assists and assists like a short pass to someone on halfway who goes on to beat 4 players and score.

That doesn't apply to the 2 assists Saturday though does it?

https://www.skysports.com/football/southampton-vs-queens-park-rangers/report/484

Just watch the quality of the pass for the first goal, many PL left backs wouldn't be able to execute that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024