Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perraud 08:18 - Aug 28 with 5101 viewsPatfromPoole

Off to Nice.

This saddens me.

Really good, whole-hearted player.

Feel that he was set up to fail by Martin by being picked at CB at Gillingham.

One of our better signings over the last 3 years or so.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Perraud on 19:46 - Aug 28 with 1173 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

With you on this one bud,one of our better talented players,now will help another team - but if he feels that he is not wanted - would anyone want to stay??? - another unnecessary move , in my opinion ......... let's hope RM .... will mould an exciting team - for all our fans to be proud of , if we have any players left that is ?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Perraud on 20:16 - Aug 28 with 1119 viewscocklebreath

Perraud on 19:05 - Aug 28 by PatfromPoole

Mr. Cock Breath

I apologise, in my ageing years and with my fading memory, I do not recall stating that Smallbone was rubbish.

However, it may be that your forensic investigation into my historic posts is up with there with SF73’s fanatical pursuit of Saint Nick, in which case I welcome you as a fully fledged disciple.

We shall have to agree to disagree on Perraud, sir.

Carrick is a fine manager and will have Boro sorted soon enough. On that I am more than happy for you to quote me.

Much love x

It’s cockle. Who’ll finish higher Saints or boro?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Perraud on 20:18 - Aug 28 with 1118 viewscocklebreath

Perraud on 17:59 - Aug 28 by kingslandstand1

Was at fault for the Plymouth goal from memory? Could be totally wrong of course, but def to blame for one we've conceded, and we hve inevery game so far and can't see that changing much in th enear future!
Another experienced player gone

Manning 2 assists on Saturday, Perraud is utter dogsh!t

Perraud on 20:21 - Aug 28 with 1110 viewsButty101

Perraud on 20:16 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

If the cap fits....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Perraud on 20:24 - Aug 28 with 1104 viewscocklebreath

Perraud on 20:21 - Aug 28 by Butty101

If the cap fits....

😘

Perraud on 20:42 - Aug 28 with 1070 viewsgrumpy

Perraud on 15:15 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

OK, so if Perraud's this quality PL left back everyone seems to think he is, why have no PL clubs shown even an interest in him?, and then why's he's gone to an average French club in the 5th ranked European league?
Possibly cos he's not PL level?, poor last season in a poor defence, would've been fine in the Championship this season, but if he doesn't want to be here, there's the door son.

As for Manning, yes he looks to be struggling defensively but we're only 4 games in, early days. He got as many assists v QPR on Saturday as Perraud got in 30 games last season so that's a positive.

Everyone I've spoken to is disappointed Perraud is leaving.
Perraud on 21:12 - Aug 28 with 1017 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 19:14 - Aug 28 by saint22

I am not sure anyone said he was an amazing PL left back
Just that he is better than Manning and also selling him leaves us very short

Many have said he's a quality PL defender, someone even said he'd be a regular in many PL sides.
I think that's pie in the sky, but lets say I'm wrong.

Given that the asking price is a cheap as chips 10m euros(half a Tall Paul), why weren't many/any PL clubs queued round the block to to buy him?
It's a simple question, but nobody's answered it.
Perraud on 21:18 - Aug 28 with 1001 viewsgrumpy

Perraud on 21:12 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

Many have said he's a quality PL defender, someone even said he'd be a regular in many PL sides.

Given that the asking price is a cheap as chips 10m euros(half a Tall Paul), why weren't many/any PL clubs queued round the block to to buy him?

I'll tell you.
Its because he was in a club with 3 managers in a season ,2 of which hadn't a clue.
The present one played him CB against Gillingham.
No wonder hes gone back to Nice ,and good luck to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Perraud on 21:21 - Aug 28 with 992 viewsPatfromPoole

Perraud on 20:16 - Aug 28 by cocklebreath

No idea at the moment.

Much will depend on the business Wilcox does in the next 4 days.

Boro have a number of good players, but will have to defend better than they did on Saturday at West Brom.

Perraud on 21:26 - Aug 28 with 969 viewsPatfromPoole

Think he was a bit under the radar as a player as he wasn’t a showy full-back like someone like Gareth Bale.

A really solid player though. Very tenacious in the tackle, alas his crossing could have been better.

That 3-3 draw at the Emirates, he did a really superb job against Saka.

He is a much better defender than Manning, who is slow, but is clearly inexplicably one of the new manager’s favourites.

Perraud on 21:39 - Aug 28 with 946 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 21:18 - Aug 28 by grumpy

I'll tell you.
Its because he was in a club with 3 managers in a season ,2 of which hadn't a clue.
The present one played him CB against Gillingham.
No wonder hes gone back to Nice ,and good luck to him.

Wasn't expecting that to be the answer.
Nothing to do with him not being PL standard, or the other 20 PL clubs thinking likewise.

It's the 3 poor managers we had last season

Jeez
Perraud on 21:44 - Aug 28 with 930 viewsgrumpy

Perraud on 21:39 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

Wasn't expecting that to be the answer.
Nothing to do with him not being PL standard, or the other 20 PL clubs thinking likewise.

It's the 3 poor managers we had last season

Jeez

So what you're saying is managers don't affect a players form?

Jeez
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 21:46]
Perraud on 22:07 - Aug 28 with 873 viewsButty101

So by your logic KWP is crap as well

Perraud on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 856 viewsMattFinish

Perraud on 13:13 - Aug 28 by grumpy

Do SR have any idea about football?

It appears not Grumps
Perraud on 22:37 - Aug 28 with 803 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 22:07 - Aug 28 by Butty101

So by your logic KWP is crap as well

Think maybe lower end PL defender, hasn't looked a world beater at Championship level so far really tbh
Doesn't really matter what I think, doesn't look like any other PL side fancy him, do they?
Perraud on 23:01 - Aug 28 with 774 viewshedgeend61

Perraud on 21:26 - Aug 28 by PatfromPoole

Think he was a bit under the radar as a player as he wasn’t a showy full-back like someone like Gareth Bale.

A really solid player though. Very tenacious in the tackle, alas his crossing could have been better.

That 3-3 draw at the Emirates, he did a really superb job against Saka.

He is a much better defender than Manning, who is slow, but is clearly inexplicably one of the new manager’s favourites.

I agree Manning needs to improve defensively, but anyone who can pass the ball this well has something about them.

Perraud on 23:02 - Aug 28 with 765 viewsChesham_Saint

Perraud on 12:19 - Aug 28 by MattFinish

Another SR transfer disaster

In my opinion a better left back than Manning, far better going forward and more pace.

So we are supposed to be reducing the squad size and bring in Fraser and get rid of Perraud, Brilliant - and our back up left back is????

Complete b0ll0cks

Absolutely right. These owners are proving to be a complete shower of shit.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Perraud on 08:51 - Aug 29 with 628 viewsButty101

Perraud on 23:02 - Aug 28 by Chesham_Saint

Absolutely right. These owners are proving to be a complete shower of shit.

Pointless loan. Decent player in my book.
Manning isn’t fit to lace his boots and certainly won’t play as many premiership games as Perraud has managed. If Manning was that good why wasn’t he snapped up on a free this summer by a premiership team?

Perraud on 08:57 - Aug 29 with 626 viewsMattFinish

Perraud on 23:01 - Aug 28 by hedgeend61

I agree Manning needs to improve defensively, but anyone who can pass the ball this well has something about them.

What was so great about the pass to Edozie? He scuffed it and the QPR player should have cut it out but went with his wrong foot. It was a decent pass nothing else.

Manning was out of position on numerous QPR chances and against a better team that woud have cost us
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 8:58]
Perraud on 09:28 - Aug 29 with 611 viewsMonksway

Perraud is a very traditional left back. I think RM will accept Manning's defensive slips for the other stuff he brings to the build up etc. I'm hoping he will improve over time as he settles in. It is probably the case as with many of the players that he doesn't fancy the championship. We bought him a s a fairly established PL side and he wants out. I can understand why he might prefer Nice to Southampton as a place to live to be fair.
Perraud on 09:50 - Aug 29 with 591 viewsandoverpedro

Perraud on 09:14 - Aug 28 by 1teeminants

Yep decent player who was voted best Young left back in France by French fans before he came to saints. . Oh well , another few million in the bank.

KWP next to go .

Che will probably go to someone like Bournemouth or Palace on the last day of window leaving us scrambling about for a striker probably this kid from Aberdeen. we’ll put in a deal sheet( whatever they call it ) and get it over the line… just.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 9:21]

i agree with you on this look what happened in january what a joke
Perraud on 10:05 - Aug 29 with 586 viewsSaintNick

Perraud was always signed as a back up, he is a whole hearted player and that will endear him to the fans, but ultimately he is a traditional left back who can defend, but not get up and down the line for 90 minutes as a wing back.

What Russell martin has shown here is that he has a strategy and he is sticking to it, he is not pandering to anyone, players or fans, he is doing it his way, Manning might not be good enough for the Premier League, but he is the best left back in the Championship as shown by 5 goals and 10 assists last year, his 2 this year mean that since the start of last season his 12 assists is more than any other player in that time.

Saints fans at times seem to favour players that run around a lot above those that deliver, I'm not going to slag off Perraud, he did a job, but he isnt a Russell Martin style player so his time was always going to be up.

What is sad is that some people can't give Manning a chance, the first assist was a mis kick for instance, it doesn't matter its all about delivering, Manning has done that going forward, he now needs to do it defensively and he is not the only culprit at the back and certainly not the biggest

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 11:36 - Aug 29 with 543 viewsTimSaint

Perraud on 10:05 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

Perraud was always signed as a back up, he is a whole hearted player and that will endear him to the fans, but ultimately he is a traditional left back who can defend, but not get up and down the line for 90 minutes as a wing back.

What Russell martin has shown here is that he has a strategy and he is sticking to it, he is not pandering to anyone, players or fans, he is doing it his way, Manning might not be good enough for the Premier League, but he is the best left back in the Championship as shown by 5 goals and 10 assists last year, his 2 this year mean that since the start of last season his 12 assists is more than any other player in that time.

Saints fans at times seem to favour players that run around a lot above those that deliver, I'm not going to slag off Perraud, he did a job, but he isnt a Russell Martin style player so his time was always going to be up.

What is sad is that some people can't give Manning a chance, the first assist was a mis kick for instance, it doesn't matter its all about delivering, Manning has done that going forward, he now needs to do it defensively and he is not the only culprit at the back and certainly not the biggest

I think the issue many have with Manning is that he should already be the finished article and slot straight in. If a player makes the team of the year, then he should be good, very good. What we have seen so far is a very mixed bag. Yes he has shown good attacking play and a couple of decent assists, but that 'assist' for the Norwich 4th was a joke and it was his slip that let Plymouth in for their equaliser.

People tend to remember mistakes and goals.

Perraud was an OK defender for us in the Prem, scored a few great goals and made a few assists. Hopefully Manning will manage to do the same.

Pat - sorry mate, but I think all your efforts to get your Perraud song going may now have been in vain.

TimSaint

Perraud on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 541 viewsButty101

Perraud on 10:05 - Aug 29 by SaintNick

Perraud is a player you never fancied. When I’ve watched him I’ve never thought he hasn’t got the engine to get up and down.
He was bought as Bertrand’s replacement not backup.

I’m coming round to RM, however playing Perraud at centreback was ridiculous.

Perraud on 12:02 - Aug 29 with 535 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 11:38 - Aug 29 by Butty101

Perraud is a player you never fancied. When I’ve watched him I’ve never thought he hasn’t got the engine to get up and down.
He was bought as Bertrand’s replacement not backup.

I’m coming round to RM, however playing Perraud at centreback was ridiculous.

He can get up and down, but he hasnt the engine as Livramento has for instance.

You are right Perraud was bought to replace Bertrand, but as it became clear that Livramento was top quality it soon became clear that Hasenhuttl preferred KWP at right back than Perraud.

Perraud started 18 games in the first season plus 2 off the bench and 15 where he was sub but not used.

Last season he benefitted from Livramento being injured and started 22 games.

I agree with you it was unfair to play him at centre half, he clearly wasn't suited to the position, but I think Martin felt that Meghoma was more suited to his style of play and wanted to give him a game there, so pushed Perraud to the centre of defence.

It is not about how good or bad Perraud is, he is just not suited to the style that Martin wants

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024