Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 22:11 - Jun 12 with 2362 viewsSaintNick

I havent got a clue about what each party is going to do if elected, but I know a lot about how bad each one of them is, they are all more concerned with slagging each other off than actually getting the country on track

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

General Election on 18:28 - Jun 13 with 822 viewssaint901

I'm not trying to defend what people do in the name of religion.

Pretty much all religions have been through phases where killing and maiming has been seen as acceptable - it's not. It never was.

We also know that Islam, like other religions, has its cadre of zealots and radicals who choose to believe that what they do is justified. It's not and never was.

Most of those who follow a religion do so for their own reasons. Family expectations, faith, comfort, etc. They are not the ones burning witches, getting confessions under torture, killing the heretics.

To therefore benchmark ALL adherents to a religion or faith system by their radical and often insane elements makes no sense.

In my opinion, Reform wants people to do that. They want people to believe that being British is white, working class people oppressed by minority voices and who have a need to "strike back". It's political jingoism.

If that's your bag - fine. It's not mine.
General Election on 18:35 - Jun 13 with 818 viewsBazza

General Election on 18:28 - Jun 13 by saint901

I'm not trying to defend what people do in the name of religion.

Pretty much all religions have been through phases where killing and maiming has been seen as acceptable - it's not. It never was.

We also know that Islam, like other religions, has its cadre of zealots and radicals who choose to believe that what they do is justified. It's not and never was.

Most of those who follow a religion do so for their own reasons. Family expectations, faith, comfort, etc. They are not the ones burning witches, getting confessions under torture, killing the heretics.

To therefore benchmark ALL adherents to a religion or faith system by their radical and often insane elements makes no sense.

In my opinion, Reform wants people to do that. They want people to believe that being British is white, working class people oppressed by minority voices and who have a need to "strike back". It's political jingoism.

If that's your bag - fine. It's not mine.

Where do get this nonsense from?
General Election on 19:04 - Jun 13 with 792 viewsRon11

General Election on 12:44 - Jun 13 by saint22

That’s ludicrous
Voting for a racist bigot who already caused damage to this country
Labour are a poor opposition but they can do no worse than the self serving Tories who have royally screwed our country the last ten years
Unless you happen to be a multi millionaire friend of theirs that is
Remember Rishi is another man of the people like Bojo and that coont Cameron before him

The damage to this country started in 1997 when the devious ba`stard that is Tony Blair entered number 10
General Election on 20:07 - Jun 13 with 760 viewsSalisburySaint

General Election on 19:04 - Jun 13 by Ron11

The damage to this country started in 1997 when the devious ba`stard that is Tony Blair entered number 10

Ha ha , was he responsible for selling off all the public utilities such as electric, gas, water etc that we now pay through the roof for ?
General Election on 20:46 - Jun 13 with 728 viewscocklebreath

Of course and the Tory’s have spent the last 14 years selflessly trying to repair the damage, they deffo haven’t acted like utter c£nts from the fat lying Boris who laughs at the common people who voted for him and his pathetic brexit to the thick as pig sh1t Liz who tried her best to f£ck the economy.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

General Election on 21:03 - Jun 13 with 718 viewsPaleRider

The way I look at it is:

1) You can judge the Tories on their actual performance. Do you think they have done a good job? Are you confident that they can do a good job going forward? By good job, you can assess this for you and your family and/or the country as a whole. Has the last 14 years worked for you? Has it worked for the UK as a whole?
2) If no, do you believe that Labour would do a BETTER job? It's difficult to judge so this is about gut feel and reflecting on 1997 - 2010 performance;
3) If you're still not happy then does one of the other parties chime with your values, personal aims and aims for the country as a whole?

For me, the answers to the first 2 questions are, for the country as a whole, NO. The UK is broken in so many different areas and I have no faith that either main party to put it right.

So I'm left with the Lib Dems , Greens, Reform or spoiling my ballot. At present I have no idea which way to go but I hope that I can vote for a party that at least I can feel comfortable with. It may boil down to which party can deliver a positive campaign, which party could deliver electoral reform, which is long overdue, and whether I feel that I can trust any of the lying b*stards! If not, then I'll spoil my ballot - I certainly won't vote for any particular party just as a protest.
General Election on 21:17 - Jun 13 with 706 viewsJellybaby

In our 2 party so called democratic system, this general election is not a contest, but a passing of the baton from the blue team to the red team. Rishi could not have made this any clearer without actually saying it.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

General Election on 09:23 - Jun 14 with 621 viewskentsouthampton

Only 20 more sleeps until the Tories get wiped out, happy days.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 617 viewskentsouthampton

Are you a special needs person?
General Election on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 601 viewsdirk_doone

Portsmouth MP gets a nickname:

"Tory members despair over ‘fishwife’ Penny Mordaunt."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-members-despair-over-fishwife-penny-m

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

General Election on 10:18 - Jun 14 with 588 viewssaint901

We now have the manifesto of Labour and they are making a virtue of the fact that it's frankly quite boring.

We also have the manifestos of most of the other parties.

In my opinion, none of them are being honest with us about the state of the finances.

In short the country is broke. We have borrowed billions to provide support during Covid and the "energy crisis" and it will require a generation of strong growth to pay that back, even if the politicians wanted to. And growth has been slow or at NIL.

The Tories - whilst crowing about tax cuts - have actually increased taxes by freezing personal allowances and rate band limits. More people now pay tax and tax at the higher rate, than ever before. Despite reductions in NIC, the present effective tax rate is the highest it's been in the UK since the end of the Second War.

And it's going higher if the terms of the Tory and Labour and all other parties manifestos' are to be believed.

The national debt (£2.6 trillion - £2,600,000,000,000) and the already high tax burden mean that there is very little (arguably no) room to give away tax breaks.

For me therefore, promises on tax and spending from all the parties are meaningless as none of them have any realistic plans given the lack of money.

The attention therefore shifts to other policies and whether any of them can stimulate some economic growth.

The Tories seem bereft of ideas. Labour promise a magic growth engine but can't say how it works. Reform says that immigration (a key driver of economic growth in the UK) is too high and needs to be cut, indicating that any plans to grow the economy are likely to be pie in the sky.

(It seems to be a sad fact of British life that many people would prefer to sit at home on benefits (with or without Sky) than go and do some of the jobs done by seasonal or more permanent "foreign" workers. Reform thinks that if there are fewer foreign workers, then the sofa loving Brits will step up. Yeah, right).

If the economy is a blind alley in terms of who might manage it better, then do I look to a truly awful tory management of the UK in the last 14 years and trust that Rishi (or the new PM a few months after the election) can fix it (whilst keeping the far right of his party at bay) or the untried Starmer?

Tricky.
General Election on 19:17 - Jun 14 with 520 viewsChesham_Saint

General Election on 10:18 - Jun 14 by saint901

We now have the manifesto of Labour and they are making a virtue of the fact that it's frankly quite boring.

We also have the manifestos of most of the other parties.

In my opinion, none of them are being honest with us about the state of the finances.

In short the country is broke. We have borrowed billions to provide support during Covid and the "energy crisis" and it will require a generation of strong growth to pay that back, even if the politicians wanted to. And growth has been slow or at NIL.

The Tories - whilst crowing about tax cuts - have actually increased taxes by freezing personal allowances and rate band limits. More people now pay tax and tax at the higher rate, than ever before. Despite reductions in NIC, the present effective tax rate is the highest it's been in the UK since the end of the Second War.

And it's going higher if the terms of the Tory and Labour and all other parties manifestos' are to be believed.

The national debt (£2.6 trillion - £2,600,000,000,000) and the already high tax burden mean that there is very little (arguably no) room to give away tax breaks.

For me therefore, promises on tax and spending from all the parties are meaningless as none of them have any realistic plans given the lack of money.

The attention therefore shifts to other policies and whether any of them can stimulate some economic growth.

The Tories seem bereft of ideas. Labour promise a magic growth engine but can't say how it works. Reform says that immigration (a key driver of economic growth in the UK) is too high and needs to be cut, indicating that any plans to grow the economy are likely to be pie in the sky.

(It seems to be a sad fact of British life that many people would prefer to sit at home on benefits (with or without Sky) than go and do some of the jobs done by seasonal or more permanent "foreign" workers. Reform thinks that if there are fewer foreign workers, then the sofa loving Brits will step up. Yeah, right).

If the economy is a blind alley in terms of who might manage it better, then do I look to a truly awful tory management of the UK in the last 14 years and trust that Rishi (or the new PM a few months after the election) can fix it (whilst keeping the far right of his party at bay) or the untried Starmer?

Tricky.

I'm sorry, I couldn't read all of that, but the "awful 14 years" is unreasonable - no one could have coped with the cataclysms of Covid and Ukraine and I wouldn't hold that against whoever had been in power.

I just hope the next 5 years don't have a repeat of that kind of hellish shit for whoever might be at the helm.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

General Election on 08:55 - Jun 15 with 466 viewscocklebreath

General Election on 19:17 - Jun 14 by Chesham_Saint

I'm sorry, I couldn't read all of that, but the "awful 14 years" is unreasonable - no one could have coped with the cataclysms of Covid and Ukraine and I wouldn't hold that against whoever had been in power.

I just hope the next 5 years don't have a repeat of that kind of hellish shit for whoever might be at the helm.

Don’t forget brexit but that was their fault

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

General Election on 11:16 - Jun 15 with 444 viewsSaintEPW

This summarises what each Party Manifesto is outlining

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/15/what-each-party-promise
General Election on 13:39 - Jun 15 with 416 viewssolent_toffee

General Election on 08:55 - Jun 15 by cocklebreath

Don’t forget brexit but that was their fault

And to be fair, a lot of the ministers and their families and mates made an absolute fortune from Covid. Not forgetting their coontish behaviour with the parties etc.
General Election on 13:52 - Jun 15 with 412 viewsDorsetIan

Country needs a reboot.

Farage/reform are old news and have basically one policy - stop immigration.

The conservative have splashed a 90 seat majority up the wall, and in the process have pretty much destroyed themselves with infighting and a general lack of seriousness in their choice of leaders and ministers, and have taken the rest of us down with them. They're clowns,

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

General Election on 13:56 - Jun 15 with 409 viewsDorsetIan

Country needs a reboot.

The conservative have splashed a 90 seat majority up the wall, and in the process have pretty much destroyed themselves with infighting and a general lack of seriousness in their choice of leaders and ministers, and have taken the rest of us down with them. They're clowns,

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

General Election on 14:59 - Jun 15 with 381 viewsScoot

FOOTBALL ONLY BOARD, YOU BORING TW@

Poll: Should NJ go?

General Election on 10:27 - Jun 16 with 273 viewsJellybaby

General Election on 13:52 - Jun 15 by DorsetIan

Country needs a reboot.

A reboot in a WEF Great Reset one world government kind of way or a reboot in a choosing of the options not given to us by the regime leading to a quiet revolution?

If your “reboot” is choosing red team over blue team then you are merely just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic aren’t you?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

General Election on 12:08 - Jun 16 with 246 viewsBazza

Farage has clearly stated control immigration, not stop it. He’s a marmite person so I get it that some hate him but would everyone here stop misquoting him it’s tedious. Ditto folks saying that Sunak is off to the US, he’s denied this several times.
Of course quoting Starmer is tricky because he keeps changing.
General Election on 12:14 - Jun 16 with 242 viewsdirk_doone

General Election on 12:08 - Jun 16 by Bazza

Farage has clearly stated control immigration, not stop it. He’s a marmite person so I get it that some hate him but would everyone here stop misquoting him it’s tedious. Ditto folks saying that Sunak is off to the US, he’s denied this several times.
Of course quoting Starmer is tricky because he keeps changing.

Farage is one of the main people responsible for the major cause of the massive increase in illegal immigration - Brexit.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

General Election on 15:50 - Jun 16 with 204 viewsBazza

General Election on 12:14 - Jun 16 by dirk_doone

Farage is one of the main people responsible for the major cause of the massive increase in illegal immigration - Brexit.

Well that’s a new angle on Farage- don’t you realise the whole of Europe is struggling with immigration issues. The difference if staying in the EU would be unelected EU commissioners dictating to us. The
General Election on 18:17 - Jun 16 with 170 viewsgrumpy

General Election on 15:50 - Jun 16 by Bazza

Well that’s a new angle on Farage- don’t you realise the whole of Europe is struggling with immigration issues. The difference if staying in the EU would be unelected EU commissioners dictating to us. The

Did we not have any EU representatives when we were in the EU?
General Election on 19:20 - Jun 16 with 152 viewsBazza

General Election on 18:17 - Jun 16 by grumpy

Did we not have any EU representatives when we were in the EU?

Of course but as you know the Uk were frequently out voted by the Franco- German alliances
General Election on 12:36 - Jun 17 with 73 viewssaint901

Being in the EU was akin to the conditions that caused the USA to declare independence, i.e. no taxation without representation.

Partly due to the way the EU was set up and partly because the Tory PM was always trying to follow a fine line between the good of the UK and the wishes of the right wing of the party, we could never make it work "for" us. Cameron said he could fix it, tried, failed, called a referendum, lost it, had a hissy fit and left, Boris made an agreement that a five year old would not have signed.

Regardless, we're out - both parties have said we're not going back - and have to make it work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024