Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee 13:36 - Jun 17 with 4706 viewsSaintNick

Im sure most of you read something by SFC_Referee, either on this message board or when he wrote some articles about refereeing on the main page.

Tragically he passed away yesterday, sadly he suffered a seizure and fell and hit his head, it is devastating news for his family and i can only imagine how horrific it must be to lose a child, his father is devastated as you can imagine and has allowed me to put up the news on here, in fact he said Elijah ( For that was his real name) would have loved that as he enjoyed himself on here.

Some on here including myself knew him personally, he was just 19 years old and he had a passion for football and of course refereeing, where he had got himself up to a higher standard than many twice his age might not have reached.

He was passionate about Saints and went to most of the games both home and away and as we know he was not afraid to give his own opinion.

How cruel is this World when someone so young and with a zest for life and with everything ahead of him should have it cut so short so completely.

He was a lively character and I for one will miss bumping him into him at Saints games

Elijah RIP

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 13:51 - Jun 17 with 2558 viewsfranniesTache

I'm one of those who knows Elijah's old man and knew Elijah well, he would travel with us to most away games and stood with us in the Itchen North for years.

I am personally utterly devastated by this news, I just can't get my head around the fact he's gone, but i feel privileged to have known him and see him grow from a relatively shy nipper into an adult.

Elijah (or top boy as we nicknamed him) was as passionate a Saints fans as you're likely to meet, but also just genuinely passionate about football in general, and his refereeing was testament to his dedication. In a very short period of time he went from parks to the semi pro leagues, and the absolutely gutting part is he was going to take his next big step up next season.

Elijah wasn't shy of a joke too, even if occasionally they'd get us in trouble, but lived with an amazing optimism about everything (and sometimes a little naivety too).

I actually cannot imagine the first game of next season without him there, and how hard that's going to be for his old man.

So right now my thoughts are very much with his family first, but also in the fact that he was (as a mate of put it perfectly) "part of the next generation" and it's just hugely, deeply unfair he's been taken so soon.

RIP Top Boy you and your infamous quizzes will be missed
[Post edited 17 Jun 13:53]
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 13:56 - Jun 17 with 2537 viewsSaintNick

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 13:51 - Jun 17 by franniesTache

I'm one of those who knows Elijah's old man and knew Elijah well, he would travel with us to most away games and stood with us in the Itchen North for years.

I am personally utterly devastated by this news, I just can't get my head around the fact he's gone, but i feel privileged to have known him and see him grow from a relatively shy nipper into an adult.

Elijah (or top boy as we nicknamed him) was as passionate a Saints fans as you're likely to meet, but also just genuinely passionate about football in general, and his refereeing was testament to his dedication. In a very short period of time he went from parks to the semi pro leagues, and the absolutely gutting part is he was going to take his next big step up next season.

Elijah wasn't shy of a joke too, even if occasionally they'd get us in trouble, but lived with an amazing optimism about everything (and sometimes a little naivety too).

I actually cannot imagine the first game of next season without him there, and how hard that's going to be for his old man.

So right now my thoughts are very much with his family first, but also in the fact that he was (as a mate of put it perfectly) "part of the next generation" and it's just hugely, deeply unfair he's been taken so soon.

RIP Top Boy you and your infamous quizzes will be missed
[Post edited 17 Jun 13:53]

You knew him better than me and I think that you have summed it up very well, he will be missed by all who knew him whether very well such as you, or anyone who met him.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 13:58 - Jun 17 with 2532 viewssaint901

Truly devastated to hear of this young man's passing.

I did not know him personally only through his posts here.

He always came across as a thoughtful and sensible person who had knowledge way beyond mine on the LOTG and showed true character by standing up when when he knew he was right.

I will very much miss his contributions.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:09 - Jun 17 with 2506 viewsfranniesTache

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 13:58 - Jun 17 by saint901

Truly devastated to hear of this young man's passing.

I did not know him personally only through his posts here.

He always came across as a thoughtful and sensible person who had knowledge way beyond mine on the LOTG and showed true character by standing up when when he knew he was right.

I will very much miss his contributions.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Something a lot people on here would have had no idea of is that Elijah was autistic, a fact that he had no shame in and was proud of, and that definitely played a part in his attention to detail around refereeing and the LOTG.

Also it's worth saying for him places like the Ugly really did mean something and he got so much from football, from Saints and from his refereeing, and despite us piss taking about the laws of the games he absolutely knew what he was talking about.

I know it's a very, very f*cking small consolation but at least he got that day out at Wembley in the play offs (and for once we didn't make him late and miss kick off).
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:09 - Jun 17 with 2500 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s just so awful.

I assumed he was older than he was, mainly as he spoke about the game with the viewpoint of a more mature person, and obviously the refereeing which he was so passionate about.

Am so sad for his family and friends.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:11 - Jun 17 with 2498 viewsfelly1

Very sad and shocking to hear this. Rip mush.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:35 - Jun 17 with 2442 viewsButty101

Ahh man that’s shocking news . Poor bugger. As a parent I don’t know how you recover from something like that

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:36 - Jun 17 with 2439 viewsBuggalugs

Awful to hear and truly tragic at such a young age. Sincere condolences to his family and friends. RIP pal.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 14:39 - Jun 17 with 2412 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Tragic news for one so young. Condolences to his friends and family.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 15:05 - Jun 17 with 2383 viewsDorsetIan

Awful news. He was always an articulate and thoughtful poster. Sincere condolences to his family.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 15:33 - Jun 17 with 2323 views1teeminants

OMG

I knew Ejijah and know his dad very well I am in utter shock

Elijah played football with my son from the age of 10 for around 5 years and myself and his dad used to run the line and we both often refereed .

I am totally speechless and don’t know what to say.

My thoughts are with his Dad Nick and family .

RIP EJIJAH
[Post edited 17 Jun 15:37]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 15:54 - Jun 17 with 2256 viewscocklebreath

That’s terrible news. Thoughts out to his family, RIP mush

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 16:37 - Jun 17 with 2166 viewsUTS1885

Terrible to hear that RIP
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 16:45 - Jun 17 with 2146 viewssolent_toffee

That’s so sad, RIP Elijah and thoughts with his family and friends.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 16:57 - Jun 17 with 2094 viewskingslandstand1

That really is shocking news. Obviously more so for his family and friends, but also as can be seen below to those of us who didn't know him personally, but as part of the TUI family and those on here that did know him.

I must admit I assumed he was older than 19 from the knowledge he had and details he gave us on the LOTG and will be a sadly missed poster, God rest his soul,
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 17:20 - Jun 17 with 2056 viewsSouthamptonfan

Awful news. Poor him and his family. Wouldn't have put him at 19 years old, as he knew such a lot about the rules of the game and gave mature opinions. Don't know him personally, but always posting on here. Always a Saint. RIP Elijah.
[Post edited 17 Jun 17:21]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 17:48 - Jun 17 with 2009 viewsJellybaby

This is terrible news. Love and prayers to his family and friends.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 17:49 - Jun 17 with 2008 viewskernow

No words, just shocking.
His family must be grieving terribly.
Will miss Elijah . 😰
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 17:53 - Jun 17 with 2002 viewssaintmark1976

I never met him but like many others who have posted,imagined that by the quality and thoughtfulness of his contributions he was much older than 19 years.

Coping with the loss of a child is beyond my comprehension. Hopefully his father and family may take some small comfort from seeing the esteem he was held in by those who met him together with other Saints who follow the Ugly.

Rest in Peace, Sir.
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 18:07 - Jun 17 with 1969 views1885_SFC

RIP fellow Saints fan. Truly shocking news for someone so young. My thoughts are with his family & friends.

Old School is Cool

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 18:10 - Jun 17 with 1961 viewsdirk_doone

Terrible, terrible news. His family must be devastated. I will hold good memories of his time on here, as I still do remembering another of the regular posters who's no longer with us, Pat Red.

R.I.P. Elijah

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 19:39 - Jun 17 with 1825 viewsUTS1885

Did his dad do a Saints fanzine in the early 90s ?
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 19:45 - Jun 17 with 1816 viewsChesham_Saint

I am so very sad to hear about this. This is awful. You’re right, his posts were always worth reading and thought provoking and I had no idea he was so young. A true Saint.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 19:47 - Jun 17 with 1813 viewsfranniesTache

Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 19:39 - Jun 17 by UTS1885

Did his dad do a Saints fanzine in the early 90s ?

Yeah nick did on the march and was behind the “infamous” branfoot cover. I think most on here would know him from games to be honest
Some Tragic News About SFC_Referee on 20:10 - Jun 17 with 1786 viewsSoton

Shocking news. I enjoyed his input on here, I would never of guessed he was so young, he spoke with good knowledge that made me think he was a lot older
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024