Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stay of execution 12:05 - Jan 12 with 1739 viewskingslandstand1

Following all of the euphoria (justified) from last night, have we all changed our minds and NJ is now the new Mesiah?

I now am in the stay of execution mode to see where we are on the pitch at least until after the next 3 or 4 league games (cups are a different matter). I will own up to that I wanted him gone after the Forest game for definite and was expecting a stuffing last night, and even after the 2 goals I was still thinking things will turn at least early in the 2nd half and they nearly did (should have) managed to get one back then

As others have said, I'm not too keen on his arrogance, although I did like his dig at Doswell re management and H&W. But you also have to have self confidence to be in a top managers position and he does have that, whether that confidence is justified or not is a different matter

But ultimately as A1069 has said, one swallow etc etc
Stay of execution on 12:15 - Jan 12 with 1695 viewsSaintNick

He has earned the right to be given more time now, let’s hope he takes another big step on saturday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Stay of execution on 12:27 - Jan 12 with 1679 viewssaint68

I've been of the opinion that he wasn't the correct person to replace Ralph, he's been pretty annoying and almost a carbon copy of Hassenhutl' in regards to selections.

There is visible improvement of late as last night showed, he's here for the foreseeable future and I'd imagine he'll be an improvement on the final months of Ralph's reign.

Of course ,if he comes away with no points from the Everton game he'll be rightly on the end of dogs abuse again.

He's a good 4 points down on where Ralph would of been if honest, but firmly in two Cup competitions..

A strange appointment but if he gets the team playing like last night 70% of the time I'll be more than happy.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Stay of execution on 13:18 - Jan 12 with 1619 viewsButty101

Chris Sutton is no fan of our Taff. Have a listen to the Footabll daily pop cast on the BBC. Most of it, is Jones lack of humility, he could do with some media training.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Stay of execution on 13:32 - Jan 12 with 1595 viewssaints__fan__73

Stay of execution on 13:18 - Jan 12 by Butty101

Chris Sutton is no fan of our Taff. Have a listen to the Footabll daily pop cast on the BBC. Most of it, is Jones lack of humility, he could do with some media training.

He also described his post match interview last night on R5L as 'talking a load of rubbish'.

Jones is still on the brink. If we lose our next 3 or 4 PL games he will be gone.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Stay of execution on 13:33 - Jan 12 with 1596 viewssolent_toffee

The irony that Chris Sutton judges someone’s humility and thinks they need media training.

That thick gobshite (Sutton) is stealing a living.
Stay of execution on 13:35 - Jan 12 with 1593 viewssaint22

Ah Chris Sutton, you mean the 90s Norwich Mbappe??
I could give a Sam how arrogant Jones is IF he is performing and winning. When it smarts is when we look shite BUT maybe his belief has foundations
Saturday is massive, ply like last night up there and condemn Frank to the sack with a win and he gets time
Stay of execution on 14:26 - Jan 12 with 1532 viewsHollywood56

Stay of execution on 13:35 - Jan 12 by saint22

Ah Chris Sutton, you mean the 90s Norwich Mbappe??
I could give a Sam how arrogant Jones is IF he is performing and winning. When it smarts is when we look shite BUT maybe his belief has foundations
Saturday is massive, ply like last night up there and condemn Frank to the sack with a win and he gets time

Even last night on Sky Sports, he couldn't resist blowing his own trumpet, for me I'm still not convinced he's the right man for the job, only time will tell, IF he keeps us in the premier league then I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong. It made a nice change to see Walcott at St Mary's last night rather than outside the pub at the end of our lane drinking coffee with his wife admiring his bright orange Lamborghini.
Stay of execution on 15:13 - Jan 12 with 1424 viewsmushinexile

Last night it gelled. We had a side firing on all eleven and they turned up as a talented team. It will be even more galling if they don't do so over the next three months
Login to get fewer ads

Stay of execution on 15:30 - Jan 12 with 1387 viewsDorsetIan

In the last two games he's proved he can win games and in last night's game he's proved he can get the very best out of these players.

Whether he can do it consistently - something Ralph rarely achieved - is now the question.

But we'll have to see.

Previously, it looked like he was seriously out of his depth. I think that has to be revised after last night. It was a great performance and not just against any old team either.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Stay of execution on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 1359 viewsBuggalugs

I'm not sure what NJ thinks he's going to achieve by being so prickly all the time...he's making himself very hard to like. Last night was the perfect opportunity to build some bridges with the fans, say the right things and get more people onside. Instead he chose to not only bang on about God again, but all the criticisms that have been coming his way. It's a very odd strategy as it's only going to end one way.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Stay of execution on 15:44 - Jan 12 with 1343 viewsgrumpy

Did the players raise their game to put themselves in the shop window? I wonder.
Still not sure about Jones,
Stay of execution on 15:48 - Jan 12 with 1332 viewsDorsetIan

Stay of execution on 15:40 - Jan 12 by Buggalugs

I'm not sure what NJ thinks he's going to achieve by being so prickly all the time...he's making himself very hard to like. Last night was the perfect opportunity to build some bridges with the fans, say the right things and get more people onside. Instead he chose to not only bang on about God again, but all the criticisms that have been coming his way. It's a very odd strategy as it's only going to end one way.

The only positive things you can say about it, is that it seems to be authentic. Free of the usual PR filters, we're used to.

The God stuff is going to get pretty boring, if he keeps it up. The prickliness I can live with as long it translates to the team and they keep playing like they did last night.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Stay of execution on 15:57 - Jan 12 with 1312 viewscocklebreath

Stay of execution on 13:32 - Jan 12 by saints__fan__73

He also described his post match interview last night on R5L as 'talking a load of rubbish'.

Jones is still on the brink. If we lose our next 3 or 4 PL games he will be gone.

Did you get a selfie with Haaland?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Stay of execution on 16:04 - Jan 12 with 1300 viewsScoot

I honestly think it was the occasion of last night that inspired the lads to do so well. I looked at them lining up to shake hands before the games & KWP looked beat, he was shaking his head & didn't look good. He played well & so did the rest of the lads to get a good result.

Personally I think NJ is out of his depth. The way he talks, the way he sets up the team & the team he picks out of the players available to him although the last two points are subjective because we all have our opinion. For me he comes across as an angry little man that seems to get annoyed if any criticism comes his way. I've watched quite a few interviews of him and he contradicts himself constantly.

For me the sooner he's gone the better but all the time he's here I hope he gets lucky. Ralph had run his course & we needed to change but at the same time NJ was available so we're plenty of proven managers, we could have got one in until the end of the year like other clubs have done. NJ is on 4 1/2 year deal at 80k a week, we don't give contracts like that to our players let alone an unproven manager.

These insane decisions that the club make have to stop

Finally well played last night, excellent stuff despite our manager

Poll: Should NJ go?

Stay of execution on 16:04 - Jan 12 with 1299 viewsBuggalugs

Stay of execution on 15:48 - Jan 12 by DorsetIan

The only positive things you can say about it, is that it seems to be authentic. Free of the usual PR filters, we're used to.

The God stuff is going to get pretty boring, if he keeps it up. The prickliness I can live with as long it translates to the team and they keep playing like they did last night.

Yeah, I get that, but at a club like Southampton, you're going to have a lot more downs than ups, so why bring unnecessary pressure on yourself. Ralph managed to get over 4 years out of us because so many fans liked him, which cut him a lot of slack. Jones is going to struggle riding out rough results when everyone thinks he's a tosser.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Stay of execution on 16:08 - Jan 12 with 1294 viewsScoot

Stay of execution on 16:04 - Jan 12 by Buggalugs

Yeah, I get that, but at a club like Southampton, you're going to have a lot more downs than ups, so why bring unnecessary pressure on yourself. Ralph managed to get over 4 years out of us because so many fans liked him, which cut him a lot of slack. Jones is going to struggle riding out rough results when everyone thinks he's a tosser.

Not everyone thinks he's a tosser, everyone knows he's a tosser

Poll: Should NJ go?

Stay of execution on 17:36 - Jan 12 with 1228 viewsmushinexile

Granted, but if he is a lucky tosser, that will do for this born again atheist.
Stay of execution on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 1184 views1885_SFC

Stay of execution on 13:33 - Jan 12 by solent_toffee

The irony that Chris Sutton judges someone’s humility and thinks they need media training.

That thick gobshite (Sutton) is stealing a living.

This.

Absolute bellend.

Old School is Cool

Stay of execution on 19:11 - Jan 12 with 1087 viewssaint22

Stay of execution on 15:48 - Jan 12 by DorsetIan

agree, performances & results will decide his fate

The bible bashing is a bit sad
Stay of execution on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 906 viewshedgeend61

Stay of execution on 15:57 - Jan 12 by cocklebreath

Did you get a selfie with Haaland?

Hopefully, may not get too many more chances City's allstars
Mind you, Wastelands isn't sold out most weeks for City's home games, bit of a trek like.

Just a Sh1t Rickie Lambert,
https://talksport.com/football/1300741/man-city-southampton-erling-haaland-ricki
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 21:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024