Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship chances 19:14 - Apr 15 with 2803 viewsHMHB

When we go down to the championship,
I think we will stay there for quite some time .
In Fact I don't think I will see saints in top flight
In my life time again .

I'm 60 .
Championship chances on 19:20 - Apr 15 with 2766 viewsSouthamptonfan

I agree. We will be left with a massive squad of players with bad attitudes on long contracts. Apart from Ward-Prowse, Lavia and Walker-Peters who will be sold, we will be left with all the dross, who won't go anywhere else because firstly nobody else will want them, and secondly they will be on up to 50 grand a week that they won't get elsewhere. They will be happy to sit in the stand on their big money, sulking. It's a massive job in the summer and we have idiots in charge. I can see even more misery next year.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Championship chances on 19:29 - Apr 15 with 2725 viewskingslandstand1

Wouldn't go quite as far as your last statement, and I'm your sort of age, but it will depend on our ownership

We really need another Marcus to rescue us though and getvrid of the money grabbers there now, who may realise they've fkd up with what they've done!
Championship chances on 19:48 - Apr 15 with 2694 viewsSFC_Referee

Dunno about that completely, as the on good thing about our squad is that most of them are championship players, with only a few looking like they’re certain to go in the summer. As it’s only Prowse, KWP, Bella-Kotcha and Lavia that are 100% certain to go in the summer in my books. As yeah Salisu, Adams, Stu, Bednerak might also go, but it’s hardly like they’ve been shining in the prem like the other 4 have, and isn’t like they’re gonna be in high demand. But all the rest of them won’t be going, and with a few more signings, it would probably actually be a fairly decent championship team.

As if we do still get some investment and can actually get in a few decent players in the summer to help us out, then I see us finishing quite high in the championship, and only mainly are wondering who’s going down with us for where we’ll finish. As us and Leicester look certain to go down now, but it’s just a question of who outta Everton, Forest and Leeds will be coming down with us. As if it’s Everton then I do think it’ll be close for who gets those two automatic spots, but am fairly certain both will go to the 3 of us. Whilst if it’s Leeds/Forest then I can see us getting one along with Leicester. But either way, I think we’ll at least be making the playoffs next season seeing how most of our players are actually decent for that level.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Championship chances on 20:47 - Apr 15 with 2609 viewsdirk_doone

We'll have the biggest debt in the Championship. The club's debt was last reported at £90 mill but after recent transfers it must be well over £100 mill now. So, we'll be in a similar situation to Bolton and Derby when they were relegated.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Championship chances on 21:23 - Apr 15 with 2528 viewsIfonly

How we do next season depends on who is the manager. If they keep Selles then we're f**ked. If they make a good decision (unlikely with these idiots, but possible) then we could do well.

The players are not as bad as Selles is making them look. They are not all PL quality but a decent manager would have enough to work with to get promoted. Some of the young ones will have gained experience and will start to be more like men than boys.

It would be critical to start well and gain confidence. So get rid of Selles, bring in the new manager and get the clear out done quickly in the summer. Then use the summer to develop an entirely different style of play. For me that would be: more physicality and using a low block instead of pressing, so that we can protect the back 4 better and use the pace we have to break quickly.
Championship chances on 16:19 - Apr 16 with 2224 viewskentsouthampton

This team has not been arsed to play in this league, what makes anyone think they will in an inferior one?
Championship chances on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 2219 viewscocklebreath

Championship chances on 20:47 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

We'll have the biggest debt in the Championship. The club's debt was last reported at £90 mill but after recent transfers it must be well over £100 mill now. So, we'll be in a similar situation to Bolton and Derby when they were relegated.

It’s probably more like £200 million but if Everton come with us they are about £750 million in debt, premier league the richest league in the world🫠

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Championship chances on 16:24 - Apr 16 with 2217 viewsSouthamptonfan

Championship chances on 16:19 - Apr 16 by kentsouthampton

This team has not been arsed to play in this league, what makes anyone think they will in an inferior one?

Yep, very true. And have people not considered that these selfish, lazy players that nobody will want, will be happy to go through the motions and take their 50 grand a week. So a good number of them, we will be stuck with, sulking in the background.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 16:25]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Championship chances on 17:30 - Apr 16 with 2151 viewsTripleNiemi

Championship chances on 19:29 - Apr 15 by kingslandstand1

Wouldn't go quite as far as your last statement, and I'm your sort of age, but it will depend on our ownership

We really need another Marcus to rescue us though and getvrid of the money grabbers there now, who may realise they've fkd up with what they've done!

Makes one really appreciate just how decent he and The ‘Don’ were eh…..

(Now goes to wash mouth out as apparently Cortese is not like around these parts)
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:31]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Championship chances on 17:37 - Apr 16 with 2121 views1885_SFC

Ankerson, Semmens and Selles, along with all his coaching staff, need to go.

Dragan Å olak isn't a fool. All of the above have failed him... miserably.

Old School is Cool

Championship chances on 17:42 - Apr 16 with 2106 viewsTripleNiemi

Championship chances on 17:37 - Apr 16 by 1885_SFC

Ankerson, Semmens and Selles, along with all his coaching staff, need to go.

Dragan Å olak isn't a fool. All of the above have failed him... miserably.

So naturally one might expect that the three mentioned might possibly get the push end of season then, yes?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Championship chances on 17:51 - Apr 16 with 2098 views1885_SFC

Championship chances on 17:42 - Apr 16 by TripleNiemi

So naturally one might expect that the three mentioned might possibly get the push end of season then, yes?

I really, really, really, really hope so - yes.

The current business model for Southampton FC isn't working... clearly. Relegation is the perfect time to sweep out all the sh1t with that new broom!

Old School is Cool

Championship chances on 17:59 - Apr 16 with 2088 viewsdwayne_dibley

Championship chances on 17:51 - Apr 16 by 1885_SFC

I really, really, really, really hope so - yes.

The current business model for Southampton FC isn't working... clearly. Relegation is the perfect time to sweep out all the sh1t with that new broom!

a new Broom

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Championship chances on 19:54 - Apr 16 with 1997 viewsA1079

I am approaching 62 and as a pessimist by nature I don't think it is a given that we will stay down. It depends on so many factors:-

- appointing the right manager first and foremost;
- improving the recruitment policy;
- making sure we have the players that want to help us get promoted and good enough to do it;
- having the right attitude from the off. If we start next season thinking we are the big I AM then we will come unstuck.
Championship chances on 10:26 - Apr 17 with 1873 viewssledger

Championship chances on 20:47 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

that will be offset in the main with a fire sale,only the deadwood will remain
Championship chances on 11:48 - Apr 17 with 1856 viewsdirk_doone

Championship chances on 19:54 - Apr 16 by A1079

I am approaching 62 and as a pessimist by nature I don't think it is a given that we will stay down. It depends on so many factors:-

- appointing the right manager first and foremost;
- improving the recruitment policy;
- making sure we have the players that want to help us get promoted and good enough to do it;
- having the right attitude from the off. If we start next season thinking we are the big I AM then we will come unstuck.

You're not that much of a pessimist if you think we'll stay up in the Championship.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Championship chances on 14:39 - Apr 17 with 1817 viewsdwayne_dibley

Or basically we are fooked

Championship chances on 16:16 - Apr 17 with 1784 viewsfranniesTache

I'm generally pretty pessimistic with Saints but looking at what's happened with most of the other sides in recent years that have gone down i'd say we'll be back up in a couple of seasons tops.

People underestimate the financial advantage the parachute payments give the clubs coming down, and we're not in the worst situation money wise (Leicester, Everton and Forest are all a lot worse in terms of wage bills and money spent).

The key is getting a decent manager in, because the Spanish Steve Wigley isn't the one.
Championship chances on 16:24 - Apr 17 with 1774 viewsHollywood56

Championship chances on 19:20 - Apr 15 by Southamptonfan

I agree. We will be left with a massive squad of players with bad attitudes on long contracts. Apart from Ward-Prowse, Lavia and Walker-Peters who will be sold, we will be left with all the dross, who won't go anywhere else because firstly nobody else will want them, and secondly they will be on up to 50 grand a week that they won't get elsewhere. They will be happy to sit in the stand on their big money, sulking. It's a massive job in the summer and we have idiots in charge. I can see even more misery next year.

I don't think even Harry Potter could rescue us now.
Championship chances on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 1772 viewsHollywood56

Championship chances on 16:19 - Apr 16 by kentsouthampton

Totally agree
Championship chances on 17:31 - Apr 17 with 1727 viewskernow

This team would result in consecutive relegations.
I read that the Bored of Directors sic believe that relegation will be avoided.
If true, they're delusional and completely out of touch.,We're toast with this lot running things.
No great escape I'm afraid.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 17:38]
Championship chances on 18:06 - Apr 17 with 1701 viewsmushinexile

The way to weed out the dross is to wind the club up. It is moribund anyway so why not begin anew?
Championship chances on 18:26 - Apr 17 with 1680 viewsdwayne_dibley

Championship chances on 16:24 - Apr 17 by Hollywood56

I don't think even Harry Potter could rescue us now.

thought she had been cancelled

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024