Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? 10:34 - Jan 6 with 2117 viewssaints__fan__73

Give we've won the Cup once in getting on for 150 years, it's fair to assume our chance of winning it this year is about 0.000000000001% so is the best result for us a bad loss on Saturday, followed by a LC thrashing by City and a loss to Everton which would mean the club would have no choice but to be looking to sack the hapless Welshman?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 11:50 - Jan 6 with 2046 viewsdwayne_dibley

if Mr Potter gets the push from Chelsea then perhaps he could take over

time for the Sorting Hat to intervene

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 13:39 - Jan 6 with 2001 viewskingslandstand1

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 11:50 - Jan 6 by dwayne_dibley

What on half the salary he is probably on right now? Lovely idea, but we'd probably only offer him a quarter of what he's on now so about the same chance as SF73 gives us of winning the flaming Cup!
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 13:44 - Jan 6 with 1996 viewscocklebreath

A couple of 5-0’s should do it. He’s gone from 33/1 down to 5/1 for the chop with rumblings the players want him out.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 1986 viewskingslandstand1

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 13:44 - Jan 6 by cocklebreath

A couple of 5-0’s should do it. He’s gone from 33/1 down to 5/1 for the chop with rumblings the players want him out.

Talksport were asking yesterday if it's too soon to get rid. Concensus on there was no!
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 14:04 - Jan 6 with 1952 views1885_SFC

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 13:46 - Jan 6 by kingslandstand1

Talksport were asking yesterday if it's too soon to get rid. Concensus on there was no!

We should look at Nathan Jones as our very own Liz Truss - as it were.

Her fellow MP's thought, at the time, that she would make a great Tory 'manager'. A measly 44 days later however, having fooked everything up royally, she was replaced by Rishi Dyche who has steadied the ship somewhat.

The 1922 Committee... or in our case The 1885 Sport Republic Committee - should take a leaf out of the "If it ain't working - fire the coont ASAP" book & send Nathan Truss back to the Welsh wastelands without further ado.

Old School is Cool

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 15:39 - Jan 6 with 1850 viewsNYC_Saint

I've just read that he's on 1.25mn per year for 4 years. From memory RH was on 6mn per year. So SR have taken a super cheap option in getting him and have got what they paid for - a poor manager. However, it does also mean he's far less expensive to get rid of so may help them pull the trigger and do it properly swiftly. Hopefully there is some sort of clause that makes it even easier (or less expensive) if the contract is torn up so soon (although I suspect this is unlikely).

Re the title of this thread, I've never wished for saints to lose but i do think a 3-0 or worse defeat and he will be fired. Being a man of faith maybe he'll do the right thing and negotiate an exit or simply resign...?
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 15:52 - Jan 6 with 1823 viewsmushinexile

No. There is nothing good in humiliating defeat. A win by one single goal with a clean sheet is a thousand times better because it builds confidence.
Any player pulling up short and not supporting the manager (whatever sort of useless plonker he may be,) should and must be sacked immediately for gross misconduct and the board must make that completely clear to the players.
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 16:32 - Jan 6 with 1767 viewsblambo

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 11:50 - Jan 6 by dwayne_dibley

We should have gone for Potter before Brighton got him.
Login to get fewer ads

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 1750 viewsPatfromPoole

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 15:52 - Jan 6 by mushinexile

No. There is nothing good in humiliating defeat. A win by one single goal with a clean sheet is a thousand times better because it builds confidence.
Any player pulling up short and not supporting the manager (whatever sort of useless plonker he may be,) should and must be sacked immediately for gross misconduct and the board must make that completely clear to the players.

Re your last paragraph, that would simply never happen, as the club would be sued straight away by the player and his agent , demanding the rest of the contract be paid up in full.

Besides, the board would look (even more...) bloody daft if they did state that to the players, and they were then to sack Jones shortly afterwards.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 16:58 - Jan 6 with 1726 viewsDorsetIan

If Jones is as out of his depth as almost everyone seems to think he is, we're going to lose quite badly to Palace.

I'd prefer to be getting a win and progressing in the Cup, but given that we are rooted to the bottom of the table and the league has got to be our priority, it really wouldn't be the end of the world, if we lost badly tomorrow.

It could be enough to finish Jones.

(To think, not only are we going to have to pay him off, but we had to pay compensation to Luton to get him in the first place!!)

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 17:10 - Jan 6 with 1712 viewssledger

saints dont have to pay his contract up they just put him on garden leave,pay him monthly and hope he fu+ks off to another job
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 1706 viewsSFC_Referee

No it’s not as I’d easily be happy to go down if we won the EFL Cup! And if we somehow did beat Man City, then we would actually have a chance of winning it

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 17:47 - Jan 6 with 1649 viewsRon11

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 16:58 - Jan 6 by DorsetIan

If Jones is as out of his depth as almost everyone seems to think he is, we're going to lose quite badly to Palace.

I'd prefer to be getting a win and progressing in the Cup, but given that we are rooted to the bottom of the table and the league has got to be our priority, it really wouldn't be the end of the world, if we lost badly tomorrow.

It could be enough to finish Jones.

(To think, not only are we going to have to pay him off, but we had to pay compensation to Luton to get him in the first place!!)

That shite against Nottingham Forest should have been enough to sink Jones.
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 18:12 - Jan 6 with 1607 viewsmushinexile

Actually Pat, the player could of course try to sue the club but gross misconduct (deliberately refusing to comply with an order from the player's manager) would be a legitimate reason for dismissal, as would the attendant bringing of the club into disrepute. The players are only hired hands.
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 20:55 - Jan 6 with 1501 viewsDorsetIan

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 17:47 - Jan 6 by Ron11

That shite against Nottingham Forest should have been enough to sink Jones.

I agree but it's a bit like the last days of RH. The board were about 4/5 games behind everybody else.

And this one is on them completely.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 21:32 - Jan 6 with 1473 viewsLondonSaint76

Yep, I think it needs to be done - under normal circumstances, I'd say no way - however, these are about as far removed from normal circumstances as you can get. We have a manager who is so out of his depth he's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, aided and abetted by one coach without an A licence and another who was playing for Oldham last season!
David Pleat (himself an ex-Luton manager) once said with reference to failing managers under the cosh: when the crowd boo the manager, the board back the manager, when the crowd boo the board, the board sack the manager.
So, dust down your best songs for the City cup game - maybe to the tune of ‘you’re not singing any more’:
Sport Republic, Sport Republic, stick your spreadsheets up your a***
Stick you spreadsheets up your a***
Just an idea - I am sure you guys can come up with something better...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 10:56 - Jan 7 with 1329 viewsdwayne_dibley

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 21:32 - Jan 6 by LondonSaint76

Yep, I think it needs to be done - under normal circumstances, I'd say no way - however, these are about as far removed from normal circumstances as you can get. We have a manager who is so out of his depth he's Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, aided and abetted by one coach without an A licence and another who was playing for Oldham last season!
David Pleat (himself an ex-Luton manager) once said with reference to failing managers under the cosh: when the crowd boo the manager, the board back the manager, when the crowd boo the board, the board sack the manager.
So, dust down your best songs for the City cup game - maybe to the tune of ‘you’re not singing any more’:
Sport Republic, Sport Republic, stick your spreadsheets up your a***
Stick you spreadsheets up your a***
Just an idea - I am sure you guys can come up with something better...

paper or thumbdrive versions?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 11:55 - Jan 7 with 1259 viewsSAINTSNIL

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 10:56 - Jan 7 by dwayne_dibley

paper or thumbdrive versions?

I am very sorry to say that a good 6-0 and this guy's sacking is what I would wish for....BUT..who the f##k will they get in next ,that's what worries me.
Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 12:12 - Jan 7 with 1242 viewsBridders2

Is a Humiliating cup defeat the best result for our season? on 14:04 - Jan 6 by 1885_SFC

We should look at Nathan Jones as our very own Liz Truss - as it were.

Her fellow MP's thought, at the time, that she would make a great Tory 'manager'. A measly 44 days later however, having fooked everything up royally, she was replaced by Rishi Dyche who has steadied the ship somewhat.

The 1922 Committee... or in our case The 1885 Sport Republic Committee - should take a leaf out of the "If it ain't working - fire the coont ASAP" book & send Nathan Truss back to the Welsh wastelands without further ado.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024