Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless 19:58 - Apr 16 with 2798 viewsPatfromPoole

“How sh1t must you be? It’s only 1-0.”

“We’re fcuking sh1t” in response to the away fans advising us that we are.

These songs really make my piss boil. It was about the only time I heard any noise from our lot yesterday, and stopped them from being on their phones momentarily.

I do hope this lot stop going next season. They think they’re hilarious.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 07:46 - Apr 17 with 2232 viewssaintwizzler

Worse at away games.
3 cretins behind us doing this and constantly slagging off our players at Fulham on NYE.
Then guess what as we made our way out very slowly I looked back and they were stood there clapping the Saints players who had come over. OMG I thought.

Anyway enjoy Friday night at Arsenal. I’m sure there will be more of the same.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 08:11 - Apr 17 with 2211 viewsdirk_doone

"Going down, going down" " Yes, we are. Yes, we are"

I like the slightly more combative, "So are we. So are we" or, for when we had a chance of staying up and were playing teams like Leicester, "Yes, you are. Yes, you are"
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 10:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 08:23 - Apr 17 with 2191 viewsPatfromPoole

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 08:11 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

I like the slightly more combative, "So are we. So are we" or, for when we had a chance of staying up and were playing teams like Leicester, "Yes, you are. Yes, you are"

I look at fans of other clubs and I think how many of their sets of fans would sing some of these “Oh look at us, we’re crap” type dirges.

Hardly any.

Boscombe maybe. Norwich probably.

Not many others though.

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 09:35 - Apr 17 with 2146 viewsSaintNick

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 08:23 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I look at fans of other clubs and I think how many of their sets of fans would sing some of these “Oh look at us, we’re crap” type dirges.

Hardly any.

Boscombe maybe. Norwich probably.

Not many others though.

Totally agree with you, its embarrassing to sing these sort of songs, it shows no pride in your own club,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 09:59 - Apr 17 with 2135 viewssledger

not disagreeing with everything being said but its difficult to have pride in youre club when its employees on the pitch have so little pride in there performance
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 10:48 - Apr 17 with 2124 viewsSaintNick

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 09:59 - Apr 17 by sledger

not disagreeing with everything being said but its difficult to have pride in youre club when its employees on the pitch have so little pride in there performance

That is where you are thinking wrongly, you can have pride in your club without having pride in the team itself.

The Club is the constant, not the team, not the manager and not the board or owners and for that matter not even some of the supporter base.

I am proud of Southampton Football Club, over the past 13 years we have had as good a time as most clubs outside the big 7 and indeed as it stands still better than Newcastle.

This season will hopefully be a blip on the landscape and allow us to rebuild and be stronger.

The Premier League has to change, 18 months ago people were moaning that we weren't competing, that we had an owner who could put no money in and a manager who no one gave credit for still keeping us up without that money.

In the last 10 months we have spent massive compared to what we have known before and we have had three managers, there is the problem.

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 11:54 - Apr 17 with 2050 viewsdirk_doone

To be fair, as our singing sections are hidden away in the corners of the away end, where the acoustics are at their worst, hardly anybody at St Mary's hears them anyway. It's only at away games that you really notice them.

About the only songs you hear at St Marys's when you are in other parts of the ground or watching on TV are from the away fans or the occasional OWTS when it's sung in all parts of the ground.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 11:58]

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 11:57 - Apr 17 with 2044 viewsPatfromPoole

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 11:54 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

To be fair, as our singing sections are hidden away in the corners of the away end, where the acoustics are at their worst, hardly anybody at St Mary's hears them anyway. It's only at away games that you really notice them.

About the only songs you hear at St Marys's when you are in other parts of the ground or watching on TV are from the away fans or the occasional OWTS when it's sung in all parts of the ground.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 11:58]

I’ve not heard you mention this before, sir.

Login to get fewer ads

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 2036 viewsdirk_doone

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 11:57 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I’ve not heard you mention this before, sir.

Thank you for noticing.

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:17 - Apr 17 with 2018 viewsdirk_doone

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 10:48 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

That is where you are thinking wrongly, you can have pride in your club without having pride in the team itself.

The Club is the constant, not the team, not the manager and not the board or owners and for that matter not even some of the supporter base.

I am proud of Southampton Football Club, over the past 13 years we have had as good a time as most clubs outside the big 7 and indeed as it stands still better than Newcastle.

This season will hopefully be a blip on the landscape and allow us to rebuild and be stronger.

The Premier League has to change, 18 months ago people were moaning that we weren't competing, that we had an owner who could put no money in and a manager who no one gave credit for still keeping us up without that money.

In the last 10 months we have spent massive compared to what we have known before and we have had three managers, there is the problem.

The problem is mismanagement and, as a consequence, the Club's Premier League TV money being wasted. You only have to look at Brighton to see how money can be spent wisely and bring success on the pitch. Result: happy fans.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 12:17]

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 1996 viewsfranniesTache

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:17 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

The problem is mismanagement and, as a consequence, the Club's Premier League TV money being wasted. You only have to look at Brighton to see how money can be spent wisely and bring success on the pitch. Result: happy fans.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 12:17]

But Brighton are where we were after the first round of being stripped by other teams, give them a few years and they'll be in our situation now i'd imagine.

That's the problem with the premier league, any signs of success and you're asset stripped by the money clubs and eventually you'll stagnate and drop.

The entire top flight of English football is utterly, and completely, broken, and the only solution I can see is a European super league to draw the money out of our game.
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:49 - Apr 17 with 1988 viewsSaintNick

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:27 - Apr 17 by franniesTache

But Brighton are where we were after the first round of being stripped by other teams, give them a few years and they'll be in our situation now i'd imagine.

That's the problem with the premier league, any signs of success and you're asset stripped by the money clubs and eventually you'll stagnate and drop.

The entire top flight of English football is utterly, and completely, broken, and the only solution I can see is a European super league to draw the money out of our game.

This is what I have been saying for the past 5 years, the Championship is full of clubs who in the last 10 years or so have had a little success and top 10 finishes etc and are now in the Championship or below.

Burnley, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan, Stoke, all now in the Championship, all finished in the top 10 or won something

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:51 - Apr 17 with 1983 viewskingslandstand1

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 10:48 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

It's not the spending of the money, it's the way you spend it and who decides where it goes. That has been our real problem over the last few years. ST will know about that as well, although I think Everton will probably stay up

But I'm with you re the "Club" being a constant, but would add that the fans (not tourist fans) are also a constant and there through thick and thin. As for being "proud" of the club, I'm not ashamed to say who I support at all and we have had reason to be proud of the way it has been run and the general performances and where we have been over the years, but I can't say I'm proud of what has happened to it over the last couple of years, almost embarrassed to be quite honest and that is down to the way it has been run, but I am proud enough to say I've always been there

You are right about a blip, but unless there is a major overhaul in the Summer, I can't see any progression for the club in making a quick (def not straight back) return to the Prem, and indeed we'll almost certainly be a bottom third club in the Championship with the players that are likely to remain (those no one else wants)!

No matter what though, I'll be renewing my ST as most will and continue to sit and moan at what we see on the turf (but hopefully not for too long)
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 1962 viewsfranniesTache

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:49 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

This is what I have been saying for the past 5 years, the Championship is full of clubs who in the last 10 years or so have had a little success and top 10 finishes etc and are now in the Championship or below.

Burnley, Sheff Utd, West Brom, Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan, Stoke, all now in the Championship, all finished in the top 10 or won something

And it's that last bit that annoys me the most "or won something".

We have had arguably one of the most successful eras of the club since the early 80s, with multiple semi finals, a final, european trips and league placings and didn't take advantage.

I think most of us knew that the rubbish Cortese spouted about champions league was never going to happen, but it would've been nice to see us having gone absolutely balls out for a cup before going down.

Sadly the club (and far too many of our fans) thought that a mid table premier league finish was more important than a domestic trophy.

So in the end we limp down, as we would've anyway, but with nothing to show for it.
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 13:39 - Apr 17 with 1945 viewsSaintNick

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 13:24 - Apr 17 by franniesTache

And it's that last bit that annoys me the most "or won something".

We have had arguably one of the most successful eras of the club since the early 80s, with multiple semi finals, a final, european trips and league placings and didn't take advantage.

I think most of us knew that the rubbish Cortese spouted about champions league was never going to happen, but it would've been nice to see us having gone absolutely balls out for a cup before going down.

Sadly the club (and far too many of our fans) thought that a mid table premier league finish was more important than a domestic trophy.

So in the end we limp down, as we would've anyway, but with nothing to show for it.

Ask Wigan fans if they would prefer to have won the FA cup than go down the year they got relegated from the premier League and back then they would have said yes, ask them 10 years later and those that are still loyal and going to games might not be so keen

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 14:50 - Apr 17 with 1911 viewsSonicBoom

The fans prefer to win a cup but do you actually think owners do?
The owners are more bothered about keeping the PL money coming in... and let's be honest, wouldn't you do the same if it was your money? Depressing though that is for the fans.

I agree with Pat's earlier comment about Brighton. They are the team of the moment and seen as the model of how to run a club. A few years ago that was us. We were lauded as the perfect model and we kept finding gems and selling them on.
Problem is that puts incredible pressure on your recruitment and you have one or two bad windows and the cracks show.
It won't be long before the vultures circle Brighton for their best players - or probably their manager. They might cope for a while but sooner or later they will sink again. The big 6 or 7 simply watch everyone else then cherry pick when they feel like it.

Bournemouth and Brentford will also drop soon whether it's next season or the one after. West Ham are in that situation where they might have enough money to stay up, but not enough to compete so they will be in that dead middle ground of not going down but not achieving anything.

Football. Fun eh?
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 15:53 - Apr 17 with 1881 viewsdirk_doone

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 14:50 - Apr 17 by SonicBoom

The fans prefer to win a cup but do you actually think owners do?
The owners are more bothered about keeping the PL money coming in... and let's be honest, wouldn't you do the same if it was your money? Depressing though that is for the fans.

I agree with Pat's earlier comment about Brighton. They are the team of the moment and seen as the model of how to run a club. A few years ago that was us. We were lauded as the perfect model and we kept finding gems and selling them on.
Problem is that puts incredible pressure on your recruitment and you have one or two bad windows and the cracks show.
It won't be long before the vultures circle Brighton for their best players - or probably their manager. They might cope for a while but sooner or later they will sink again. The big 6 or 7 simply watch everyone else then cherry pick when they feel like it.

Bournemouth and Brentford will also drop soon whether it's next season or the one after. West Ham are in that situation where they might have enough money to stay up, but not enough to compete so they will be in that dead middle ground of not going down but not achieving anything.

Football. Fun eh?

I expect Villa to be the next big thing and wouldn't be surprised to see them competing with Newcastle for a Champions League place next season and take Chelsea's place in the latest big six. It will be interesting to see if Brighton can maintain their momentum. A Europa League place is within their grasp now as well, of course, as the FA Cup.

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 20:11 - Apr 17 with 1786 viewsbarry_sanchez

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 09:35 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

Totally agree with you, its embarrassing to sing these sort of songs, it shows no pride in your own club,

Why? We are shit and have been so for years, self deprecating humour is funny and also it means you're not swallowing the Pyongyang like propaganda from the club, gallows humour is all we have left, we are shit and we do know it so why not say it, our players are so shite its actually laughable, Theo Walcott as an example, or our forward line as a whole, they are shite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 1719 viewssaintwizzler

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 20:11 - Apr 17 by barry_sanchez

Why? We are shit and have been so for years, self deprecating humour is funny and also it means you're not swallowing the Pyongyang like propaganda from the club, gallows humour is all we have left, we are shit and we do know it so why not say it, our players are so shite its actually laughable, Theo Walcott as an example, or our forward line as a whole, they are shite.

It’s pathetic.
If that’s what you think about the team then the best thing to do is stay away.
This ‘gallows humour’ was as far back as Villa away in September.
What the fûck is the point of travelling to Birmingham and back on a Friday night to sing such tripe?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 21:47 - Apr 17 with 1692 viewshedgeend61

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 21:25 - Apr 17 by saintwizzler

It’s pathetic.
If that’s what you think about the team then the best thing to do is stay away.
This ‘gallows humour’ was as far back as Villa away in September.
What the fûck is the point of travelling to Birmingham and back on a Friday night to sing such tripe?

Fella, he never goes to games, just fcuking moans all the time, timewaster, just ignore the plum.
Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 21:57 - Apr 17 with 1672 viewsbarry_sanchez

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 21:47 - Apr 17 by hedgeend61

Fella, he never goes to games, just fcuking moans all the time, timewaster, just ignore the plum.

Since when has going to a game meant you can moan about it? Granted, 1st season in over 20 I haven't gone to one game, why? What is the point? I'll go next season in the Championship though as we'll have a chance of winning, not being dry ****ed every weekend by over paid people who care nothing for the club or City.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:37 - Apr 19 with 1501 viewsLondonSaint76

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 08:11 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

What I suggest we do next week when the Bournemouth bucket rattlers start singing going down, going down, going down, we point out who is largely responsible for the situation we find our beloved club in by adding a ‘W’ to the front of Ankersen’s name and responding with W@@kersen, W@@nkersen. W@@kersen - it’s a perfect fit to the same song they are already singing and as long as we emphasise the W so that the oaf sat in the Directors box is in no doubt that we are not singing his name in praise it will make a point for sure. If you guys can get that going as a response, in the words of our ex-player Kevin Keegan in that famous interview about Fergie, I’d love it, I’d just LOVE IT!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 17:31 - Apr 19 with 1452 views1teeminants

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 12:49 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

That’s what many of us have been saying for the last five years Nick . I’ve said a few times on here the premier league is pointless as only 5 clubs win anything. I really don’t get why some of our fans are distraught about relegation to the championship what’s the excitement in finish 18 th every season in the premier league ? . The premier league has outgrown us.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 17:41]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 17:39 - Apr 19 with 1446 views1teeminants

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 15:53 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

I expect Villa to be the next big thing and wouldn't be surprised to see them competing with Newcastle for a Champions League place next season and take Chelsea's place in the latest big six. It will be interesting to see if Brighton can maintain their momentum. A Europa League place is within their grasp now as well, of course, as the FA Cup.

Brighton will lose their players like we did. It’s already started and they will be ‘raped ‘ in the summer and will struggle next season. Mark my words. The premier league is utterly pointless.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Songs that celebrate Saints being useless on 22:04 - Apr 19 with 1358 viewsSouthamptonfan

The point about these songs is that we shouldn't be belittling our own club in front of opposition fans but it's true we have been treated like sh!t and we should be letting the owners know. Over the last few years season ticket holders have seen only a handful of wins and lots of defeats, some of them very embarrassing defeats. What Pl team loses 9 nil twice, or loses to a league two side? It's only us really isn't it. Away fans in the home end, stewards are hopeless, no rewards like vouchers for away games, no reduced coach travel anymore during a cost of living crisis.

The stadium needs painting, they really couldn't care if we were sat in a shed watching the games as long as the surveys are completed to tick a box. The Itchen North debacle, even though away fans behave much worse and get away with it. "The Club" treats it's fans very badly in my opinion and also in the opinion of many others I know who don't go anymore and all the empty seats, show many refuse to go too.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:11]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024