Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph furious 19:33 - Feb 29 with 2189 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51691787

Ralph rightly tearing into his pathetic defence. An absolute joke sums it up. Maybe a call to the owner - invest in some proper defenders? Or just a plea to his defenders to actually try and put a tackle in?
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 19:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph furious on 19:42 - Feb 29 with 1711 viewsA1079

I have sometimes questioned the wisdom of public condemnations of players etc, but, I think he is spot on here and I respect his honesty and forthrightness. We are not safe yet, because, as we have seen today, anyone can pick up points this season no matter where they are in the table. We have to have a big response next week, otherwise we will be looking over our shoulders again.

I can't help thinking that if we get across the line and squeeze out another season in the PL, if certain assurances are not made will RH really want to do another season of struggle? That's for another day and hopefully we can put today down to a bad day at the office and we will kick on and get the points to get us across the line. Certainly a very up and down season.
Ralph furious on 19:44 - Feb 29 with 1703 viewsDorsetIan

But good to see that he seems quite upbeat. Sometimes when we've lost he's looked completely deflated. Here is just seems annoyed and frustrated.

We'll bounce back next Saturday.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph furious on 20:00 - Feb 29 with 1655 viewsA1079

Ralph furious on 19:44 - Feb 29 by DorsetIan

But good to see that he seems quite upbeat. Sometimes when we've lost he's looked completely deflated. Here is just seems annoyed and frustrated.

We'll bounce back next Saturday.

That's true Dorsetlan.
Ralph furious on 20:08 - Feb 29 with 1639 viewssaint22

Not to mention our keeper
Ralph furious on 23:24 - Feb 29 with 1446 viewsMattFinish

There's a simple truth. West Ham made massive investment this season and we bought no-one
Ralph furious on 23:37 - Feb 29 with 1438 viewsgrumpy

Ralph furious on 23:24 - Feb 29 by MattFinish

There's a simple truth. West Ham made massive investment this season and we bought no-one

How much longer can we ride our luck with this lack of investment? Ralph must be pulling his hair out.☹️
Ralph furious on 23:57 - Feb 29 with 1422 viewscocklebreath

F&cl off ralph, don’t leave you’re best player on the bench

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph furious on 00:05 - Mar 1 with 1412 viewsBicester_North

Ralph furious on 23:57 - Feb 29 by cocklebreath

F&cl off ralph, don’t leave you’re best player on the bench

He had a knock in training. As it was Obafemi scored. The forwards weren’t the problem, it was the c*nting defence as usual

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph furious on 00:19 - Mar 1 with 1396 viewscocklebreath

F&cl off ralph, don’t leave you’re best player on the bench that was utter pony. Fuming furious c?mts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph furious on 01:23 - Mar 1 with 1356 viewsTimSaint

So he said we were a joke and that they failed to do things defensively, that we had been working on all week - as we knew what to expect. If we play like this against a team in a relegation battle, we will also very soon, be back in a relegation battle.

It doesn't help when your already thin squad is further reduced by a family bereavement and a knock to your star striker, but surely you stick to your plans from training !!

Our defence looked back to how it was 4 or 5 months ago and the midfield didn't help by giving the ball away so often and so cheaply. Lots of errors that are again being punished. McCarthy's error (should have realised how tall Haller was, or punched !!) and the error strewn 3rd goal summer up our afternoon.

Yes it is hindsight, but I would have played a right back and replaced Smallbone with either JWP or Romeu.

Boufal was pretty ineffective, but he was all we had, unless we recalled Josh Sims :-)

Newcastle next, so lets hope our performance is more like how it was v Villa than v Hammers. As someone else said, debutant scored against us and Haller ended his goal drought, so oh look, Newcastle haven't scored for ages and that Joelinton hasn't either !! Hopefully WBA will give them a good extra time run out in the Cup this week.

TimSaint

Ralph furious on 07:20 - Mar 1 with 1262 viewsCity_boy

we simply can't defend long balls or set pieces. Balls regularly lobbed in and we are happy to let opponents flick it on or run at the defence, putting us under pressure. McCarthy also looks vulnerable with high balls.

Teams know they can just adopt route 1 - just like Burnley did.

In these scenarios Stephens and Vestergaard are regularly exposed. They look comfortable on the ball, but their primary job is to defend.

As a team we don't seem to be able to concentrate for 90 mins, which is when mistakes creep in and we get caught.

I can't wait for this season to finish and we start re-building. It has been a very frustrating season.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 7:20]
Ralph furious on 07:36 - Mar 1 with 1242 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ralph furious on 07:20 - Mar 1 by City_boy

we simply can't defend long balls or set pieces. Balls regularly lobbed in and we are happy to let opponents flick it on or run at the defence, putting us under pressure. McCarthy also looks vulnerable with high balls.

In these scenarios Stephens and Vestergaard are regularly exposed. They look comfortable on the ball, but their primary job is to defend.

As a team we don't seem to be able to concentrate for 90 mins, which is when mistakes creep in and we get caught.

I can't wait for this season to finish and we start re-building. It has been a very frustrating season.

It’s been a really weird season. We’ve gone from being relegation certainties, to Champions League form, to what we are now. Overall it has been a season of improvement DESPITE under investment.

There won’t be a rebuild in the summer. Our owner can’t afford to do that. Equally there won’t be a fire sale as we don’t have any players that are desirable in the way we once did. Next season is going to be more of the same.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Ralph furious (n/t) on 07:41 - Mar 1 with 1233 viewsDellHero

Ralph furious on 07:36 - Mar 1 by Occasional_Showers

It’s been a really weird season. We’ve gone from being relegation certainties, to Champions League form, to what we are now. Overall it has been a season of improvement DESPITE under investment.

There won’t be a rebuild in the summer. Our owner can’t afford to do that. Equally there won’t be a fire sale as we don’t have any players that are desirable in the way we once did. Next season is going to be more of the same.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:11]
Ralph furious on 07:45 - Mar 1 with 1224 viewssaint22

Ralph furious on 07:20 - Mar 1 by City_boy

Awful
How strange that since Cedric was shipped out our defence has changed each week and our winning run has abruptly collapsed and we look terrible at the back
I seriously doubt the defensive side of Ralph’s coaching chopping and changing a settled back line, playing players out of position and suddenly we are shipping goals again
One team always get dragged back into the scrap and given our form and West Ham Watford Norwich all winning, if we don’t beat Newcastle that team will be us. With arsenal Everton ahead we cannot afford to lose next week
Ralph furious on 08:11 - Mar 1 with 1179 views1teeminants

Ralph furious on 23:37 - Feb 29 by grumpy

How much longer can we ride our luck with this lack of investment? Ralph must be pulling his hair out.☹️

Totally agree. He won’t hang around much with this pathetic penny pinching owner on board. Our defence is a bloody shambles and it’s clearly holding us back and people wonder why we have empty seats in the ground . Our defence is definitely one of if not the worst in the premier league and people wonder why players don’t want to hang around here. Show some bloody ambition for once in your life SFC.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 8:14]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ralph furious on 12:48 - Mar 1 with 1057 viewsgrumpy

Ralph furious on 08:11 - Mar 1 by 1teeminants

Totally agree. He won’t hang around much with this pathetic penny pinching owner on board. Our defence is a bloody shambles and it’s clearly holding us back and people wonder why we have empty seats in the ground . Our defence is definitely one of if not the worst in the premier league and people wonder why players don’t want to hang around here. Show some bloody ambition for once in your life SFC.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 8:14]

I think the club is more than happy just to survive in the Premiership,that thinking coupled with under investment will catch them out eventually,maybe even this season it’s far from impossible.The January transfer window has come and gone and we did nothing.
Ralph furious on 14:32 - Mar 1 with 1005 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph furious on 07:45 - Mar 1 by saint22

Awful
How strange that since Cedric was shipped out our defence has changed each week and our winning run has abruptly collapsed and we look terrible at the back
I seriously doubt the defensive side of Ralph’s coaching chopping and changing a settled back line, playing players out of position and suddenly we are shipping goals again
One team always get dragged back into the scrap and given our form and West Ham Watford Norwich all winning, if we don’t beat Newcastle that team will be us. With arsenal Everton ahead we cannot afford to lose next week

Were you not an advocate of letting Cedric go? Genuinely correct me if I'm wrong but I do recall you saying that at some time. I'll admit I wanted him to stay against the wish of many although dead against him openly stating he wanted to leave but at least then he did try and put himself in the shop window

Biggest issue yesterday (this has probably been covered elsewhere but haven't caught up on previous stuff) was having 2 RB's on the bench but playing JWP in that role when he would clearly have been of better use in his normal position
Ralph furious on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 990 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph furious on 00:05 - Mar 1 by Bicester_North

He had a knock in training. As it was Obafemi scored. The forwards weren’t the problem, it was the c*nting defence as usual

We heard Ings knock was hamstring so probably a good move to leave him on the bench but how must Adams feel with Obefemi starting ahead of him?
Ralph furious on 15:05 - Mar 1 with 990 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph furious on 12:48 - Mar 1 by grumpy

I think the club is more than happy just to survive in the Premiership,that thinking coupled with under investment will catch them out eventually,maybe even this season it’s far from impossible.The January transfer window has come and gone and we did nothing.

Hence Ralph may well have his agent doing some work, but that still doesn't defend his tactical cock ups yesterday
Ralph furious on 15:56 - Mar 1 with 957 viewssaint22

Ralph furious on 14:32 - Mar 1 by kingslandstand1

Were you not an advocate of letting Cedric go? Genuinely correct me if I'm wrong but I do recall you saying that at some time. I'll admit I wanted him to stay against the wish of many although dead against him openly stating he wanted to leave but at least then he did try and put himself in the shop window

Biggest issue yesterday (this has probably been covered elsewhere but haven't caught up on previous stuff) was having 2 RB's on the bench but playing JWP in that role when he would clearly have been of better use in his normal position

I was an advocate of Cedric leaving as he had expressed at the seasons end NOT when we had a settled back 4 and no back up RB, now we have two and Ralph doesn’t play them and as you say as good a job as JWP does at Arab he is better in the midfield and it deprives us of his service to the strikers
All in all yesterday is best consigned to history and hopefully next week sees a solid back 4 perform and Ings back to his Xmas magic form
I wonder if Gunn starts as well?
Ralph furious on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 933 viewskingslandstand1

Ralph furious on 15:56 - Mar 1 by saint22

I was an advocate of Cedric leaving as he had expressed at the seasons end NOT when we had a settled back 4 and no back up RB, now we have two and Ralph doesn’t play them and as you say as good a job as JWP does at Arab he is better in the midfield and it deprives us of his service to the strikers
All in all yesterday is best consigned to history and hopefully next week sees a solid back 4 perform and Ings back to his Xmas magic form

Was talking this morning about the old Gunn vs McCarthy and what to do. Both as bad as each other was the general result so do we alternate after a few weeks or so? Goes against the settled defence syndrome but maybe whoever is in should not think he's got the spot full time, or at least should fight for it

Or we go and get Shilts out of retirement!!
Ralph furious on 17:38 - Mar 1 with 875 viewssaint22

Ralph furious on 16:12 - Mar 1 by kingslandstand1

Was talking this morning about the old Gunn vs McCarthy and what to do. Both as bad as each other was the general result so do we alternate after a few weeks or so? Goes against the settled defence syndrome but maybe whoever is in should not think he's got the spot full time, or at least should fight for it

Or we go and get Shilts out of retirement!!

A valid point maybe it’s better the devil you know although McCarthy seems unable to command anything at all

I hope to god we see Valery at RB next week how he has fallen from grace so far is puzzling to say the least
Ralph furious on 19:12 - Mar 1 with 822 viewsWaylander

Ralph furious on 15:56 - Mar 1 by saint22

Cedric is still injured and hasn't played yet of Arsenal. Regardless of whether we had shipped him out or not, he would not have played in any of the games
Ralph furious on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 801 viewsthis_charming_man

Ralph furious on 19:12 - Mar 1 by Waylander

Cedric is still injured and hasn't played yet of Arsenal. Regardless of whether we had shipped him out or not, he would not have played in any of the games

But if he’d been fit he would have played for us. We’ve now got two right back who can’t get a game in their position ahead of a midfielder. Valero is third choice of 2 right backs FFS.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Ralph furious on 08:23 - Mar 2 with 680 viewsRon11

I still remain baffled and unconvinced by some of Ralph's selections and tactics.
Romeu is far more convincing than Hoijberg, who seems to be incapable of making an accurate pass or holding the ball, and yet is the team captain.
Then at two - nil down, he brings on Vestergaard, while Che Adams remained on the bench.
Very strange
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024