Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings again 07:58 - Jan 20 with 3408 viewskingslandstand1

Been talked about a lot on here already but it seems quite massive in the press today and his apparent wish to play Champions League and therefore looking at a top 4 club. (I haven't seen a paper yet but it's in black and white so must be true !)

Talksport even have a phone in now about "would you have him at your club"

Saints are prepared to break the bank to keep him with a 4 year deal and with only a year to go on current contract we must start to worry

He must be financially ok for life anyway and the rumour is there is a nice shiny multi million pound house being built for him locally (I know the developer), but would he play every week at City or United or, dare I say, Liverpool? Christ there was even a Leicester fan texting in to say he would be an ideal successor to that tw@t at their place!

He could stay here being a big part of the Ralph project, earn an absolute fortune and be made for life, and go down as big a legend as MLT or SRL

Thoughts?
Danny Ings again on 08:07 - Jan 20 with 1958 viewsHeisenberg

My thoughts are Ings will earn twice as much money sitting on the bench playing the odd cup game or coming off the bench. As Ralph said Saints have made a generous offer and if Ings doesn't want to play for the club then he can go. The club will still be here. Yet another Bertie big bollocks, give me JWP or a Romeou anytime who enjoy playing for Saints and don't whine or look for a move away if they are on the bench or there is more money to be had elsewhere.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Danny Ings again on 08:13 - Jan 20 with 1945 viewsBicester_North

Danny Ings again on 08:07 - Jan 20 by Heisenberg

My thoughts are Ings will earn twice as much money sitting on the bench playing the odd cup game or coming off the bench. As Ralph said Saints have made a generous offer and if Ings doesn't want to play for the club then he can go. The club will still be here. Yet another Bertie big bollocks, give me JWP or a Romeou anytime who enjoy playing for Saints and don't whine or look for a move away if they are on the bench or there is more money to be had elsewhere.

If Romeu or JWP had an offer from a top club they’d be off as well, led by their agent.

The agents are usually the real slimy scum behind this, although some footballers are scummier than others.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Danny Ings again on 08:15 - Jan 20 with 1941 views1teeminants

How much is he worth 40 million minimum surely more like 50 million ?A premier league striker and international who scores goals for fun. I can only see United or City being able to afford him tbh, certainly not Spurs.

What saddens me is we have the makings of a really good squad with all these kids showing promise and if Ralph stayed for a while we could really achieve something. I know he may not leave but we’ve all seen it so many times In the past, frustrates the hell out of me .
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 8:40]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Danny Ings again on 08:36 - Jan 20 with 1898 viewsA1079

The noise is only going to get louder and as I have said before, the longer this goes on the less likely it is he is going to stay and it looks very likely he has in reality made his mind up. If he is going to stay he needs to say so pretty quickly now or this will become the story for the remainder of the season.

Obviously like all of us, none of us know whether the offer that has been made is a good one or not. If he doesn't stay then the club will paint Ings as being greedy but that they made a good substantial offer, the player and his agent will say that it was not reasonable and that the club did not offer a project in which he felt he could go on and win things. It is how these things play out.

I am afraid that I think players who believe they are of a high value will risk sitting on a bench at a so called big club and earn loads of money whether or not they get to play less.

I am hoping against hope that he will surprise the footballing world and us and come out and announce that he is signing a new deal at Saints but sadly the writing appears to be on the wall.
Danny Ings again on 09:09 - Jan 20 with 1831 viewsSaintNick

The noise is being generated by the press fuelled by agents, I say this every transfer window.

It is not just Ings agent but dozens of them, a big deal often triggers little ones, so someone right down the chain is an agent putting out an ings story in the hope that if Ings gets sold then it will trigger a deal for his replacement and about 4 down the line his client will get a move to a League 1 club.

Transfer rumours are big money spinners for the media, they generate page clicks which generate more ad income and they sell newspapers.

The truth is at the moment it is hard to see who has got the money to spend, everyone is hit by this virus and have seen their income drop massively, it is the fan base that generates the differential income for Premier League clubs either directly or indirectly through buying tickets and merchandise or by the sponsorship and advertising the club can generate itself.

This has all dried up, hence Spurs have had to take out massive loans and they are not alone, no one has got a lot of cash to splash around at the moment.

Then there is who would want him, Leicester could do with him to replace Vardy, but Vardy has just turned 34, he has no sale value, Leicester's problem is that they have to find money to replace a man who if he was 27 would cost them £50-60 million in terms of his goal scoring value.

The probably cant even get his wages off the books as he still has two years left on his contract.

The issue Saints have is finding the extra money Ings wants, but there will come a time when it hits a point where we find out whether anyone is serious about getting him or he realises that it is all folly,

Ryan Bertrand was linked with a move to a top four club literally every summer since he arrived, but it was all just agent and media talk, it did his head in for a while, but now he has got his head around the fact that he will end his career here and his form returned.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings again on 09:23 - Jan 20 with 1799 viewskernow

As usual Saints will cash in. Don't think they have much choice sadly.
Danny Ings again on 09:48 - Jan 20 with 1752 viewssaint22

Danny Ings again on 08:36 - Jan 20 by A1079

The noise is only going to get louder and as I have said before, the longer this goes on the less likely it is he is going to stay and it looks very likely he has in reality made his mind up. If he is going to stay he needs to say so pretty quickly now or this will become the story for the remainder of the season.

Obviously like all of us, none of us know whether the offer that has been made is a good one or not. If he doesn't stay then the club will paint Ings as being greedy but that they made a good substantial offer, the player and his agent will say that it was not reasonable and that the club did not offer a project in which he felt he could go on and win things. It is how these things play out.

I am afraid that I think players who believe they are of a high value will risk sitting on a bench at a so called big club and earn loads of money whether or not they get to play less.

I am hoping against hope that he will surprise the footballing world and us and come out and announce that he is signing a new deal at Saints but sadly the writing appears to be on the wall.

Wouldn't it be great if he did do an interview and say he was happy scoring goals for his boyhood team, well paid and can achieve great things at a club taht means something rather than go play a bit part at a bigger club
Oh how we can dream
He will be at Spuds after PEH has done a little come play for us mate its so great with Jose
Danny Ings again on 09:59 - Jan 20 with 1724 viewsTripleNiemi

Realistically if the club have tabled a very lucrative offer then there is physically nothing more they can do.

If CL footy is the players ambition (and why wouldn't it be) then i think the chances of him staying reduce drastically (sadly).
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 10:00]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings again on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 1701 viewssolent_toffee

Danny Ings again on 09:23 - Jan 20 by kernow

As usual Saints will cash in. Don't think they have much choice sadly.

Where will he go?

Nick is spot on, no one has the money that Ings is worth. He’s almost played himself out of the market at this time.

City - don’t need him
United - don’t need him
Spurs - skint
Chelsea - Lampard won’t get another penny to spend
Arsenal - possibly want him but CL
Leicester -possibly but would he want to go there. CL I don’t think so.
Everton - I would love him, but it’s not my money and Ancelotti has gone on record to say he won’t buy from premier league clubs due to value for money
Liverpool - Salah looks like he could be on his way out and Ings is better than Firmino.

But would a Saints player want to go there!!!
Danny Ings again on 10:13 - Jan 20 with 1683 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings again on 09:48 - Jan 20 by saint22

Wouldn't it be great if he did do an interview and say he was happy scoring goals for his boyhood team, well paid and can achieve great things at a club taht means something rather than go play a bit part at a bigger club
Oh how we can dream
He will be at Spuds after PEH has done a little come play for us mate its so great with Jose

Valid point re PEH, but how would he play with both Kane and Son, and are they actually going to win anything?
Danny Ings again on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 1675 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings again on 09:09 - Jan 20 by SaintNick

The noise is being generated by the press fuelled by agents, I say this every transfer window.

It is not just Ings agent but dozens of them, a big deal often triggers little ones, so someone right down the chain is an agent putting out an ings story in the hope that if Ings gets sold then it will trigger a deal for his replacement and about 4 down the line his client will get a move to a League 1 club.

Transfer rumours are big money spinners for the media, they generate page clicks which generate more ad income and they sell newspapers.

The truth is at the moment it is hard to see who has got the money to spend, everyone is hit by this virus and have seen their income drop massively, it is the fan base that generates the differential income for Premier League clubs either directly or indirectly through buying tickets and merchandise or by the sponsorship and advertising the club can generate itself.

This has all dried up, hence Spurs have had to take out massive loans and they are not alone, no one has got a lot of cash to splash around at the moment.

Then there is who would want him, Leicester could do with him to replace Vardy, but Vardy has just turned 34, he has no sale value, Leicester's problem is that they have to find money to replace a man who if he was 27 would cost them £50-60 million in terms of his goal scoring value.

The probably cant even get his wages off the books as he still has two years left on his contract.

The issue Saints have is finding the extra money Ings wants, but there will come a time when it hits a point where we find out whether anyone is serious about getting him or he realises that it is all folly,

Ryan Bertrand was linked with a move to a top four club literally every summer since he arrived, but it was all just agent and media talk, it did his head in for a while, but now he has got his head around the fact that he will end his career here and his form returned.

Absolutely right what you say about the press and agents in particular, but are you saying you believe he will stay?
Danny Ings again on 10:49 - Jan 20 with 1624 viewsButty101

Danny Ings again on 10:16 - Jan 20 by kingslandstand1

Absolutely right what you say about the press and agents in particular, but are you saying you believe he will stay?

Its pretty poor timing that this broke while we were playing a match. Im sure Ings knew what was happening.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Danny Ings again on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 1620 viewsSalisburySaint

Danny Ings again on 10:06 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

Where will he go?

Nick is spot on, no one has the money that Ings is worth. He’s almost played himself out of the market at this time.

City - don’t need him
United - don’t need him
Spurs - skint
Everton - I would love him, but it’s not my money and Ancelotti has gone on record to say he won’t buy from premier league clubs due to value for money
Liverpool - Salah looks like he could be on his way out and Ings is better than Firmino.

to be honest with Augero injury prone and likely to leave City and Jesus not consistent, Ings might have a possible move there, his work rate would certainly fit in with their style of play
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 11:40]
Danny Ings again on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 1615 viewssaint22

Danny Ings again on 10:06 - Jan 20 by solent_toffee

Where will he go?

City - don’t need him
United - don’t need him
Spurs - skint

I am not sure United dont need him
Cavani will be gone, Martial is not a goal scorer like Ings, leaves just Rashford and the as yet proven Greenwood
Would he return to Liverpool, I doubt it
Leicester will be in the CL for sure I think so maybe as a replacement for weasel face?
Danny Ings again on 11:03 - Jan 20 with 1601 views1885_SFC

I can't see any top club paying a huge fee for Ings - not with his injury record. Sure, when he's fit his work rate & scoring record are second to none. But every time I watch him play in a Saints shirt, I sit there sh1tting myself - worrying about his knees! They're not even my knees FFS!

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings again on 11:14 - Jan 20 with 1579 viewsRon11

Initially it seemed that he was happy to come here because he could not get near the Liverpool first team or anywhere else due to almost constant injuries.

It seemed a bit of a risky move at the time, but Saints took him on and got him fit and playing again to the point where I thought that Liverpool might want him back!

The fact is, Saints have resurrected his career which has also made him an England player.Now he wants to leave. I actually thought that he was a better man than the usual mercenary footballer we see a lot of these days.

Apparently not.
Danny Ings again on 11:22 - Jan 20 with 1563 viewsdirk_doone

I hope none of our fans turn against him just because of rumours in the papers because if they do, that will certainly force him out. He is our best player. Let's just keep supporting him and show him that all of the fans are behind him.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Danny Ings again on 11:28 - Jan 20 with 1551 viewsButty101

Apparently Liverpool insisted on a sell on fee when they sold him to us.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Danny Ings again on 11:30 - Jan 20 with 1546 viewsRon11

Danny Ings again on 11:22 - Jan 20 by dirk_doone

I hope none of our fans turn against him just because of rumours in the papers because if they do, that will certainly force him out. He is our best player. Let's just keep supporting him and show him that all of the fans are behind him.

Agree, no need to turn against him. perhaps it's a stroke of lock that the stadiums are empty at the moment. There would always be the idiot section that would boo him.
I just hope the rumours dry up...
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 11:31]
Danny Ings again on 11:52 - Jan 20 with 1512 viewsTimSaint

The club have made lucrative contract renewal offers to 6 players recently. JWP, Romeu, Bednarek and Armstrong have all renewed promptly and without fuss - in fact we probably were not aware that the club were even negotiating renewals with some of these players.

The other 2 are Ings and Bertrand and with them, it is a totally different story. So much media hype, so many questions and interviews with Manager and players alike, so high focus and agent driven it is just ridiculous.

Bert surely knows his chance of a big move is over, so he/his agent is just holding out for more cash, despite Saints' already generous offer - as it will be his final Saints contract.

Ings will say he wants to play in the CL if he wants to move, because he knows that realistically Saints have no chance of qualifying. We could however grab a Europa spot, but as Ralph said the other day, we will have a chance of that if Ings knuckles down and scores us another 15 goals this season.

Is he simply holding out for more money ? Ralph already said that we have offered him a great deal, but is this reluctance to sign, just a way of trying to get a few more grand a week ?

If his heart/agent/bank manager is set on a move, then he was the 2nd top scorer in the league last season, is English, is an International and getting to his peak in performance and age. Therefore he should be priced at what, £50m ?

Then you can predict what happens next. Nobody will come in for him at that price, we will be accused of pricing him out of a move, then like PEH, Spurs will put in a low offer that we will have to accept - or he will stay with us, but not commit to renewing and leave for free in 18 months.

Tricky one this - I wonder if we are really that far apart on a new deal, or whether he really is waiting to see what happens this season before he decides on his future. Either way, just fvckin say and stop this media circus.

TimSaint

Danny Ings again on 11:54 - Jan 20 with 1507 viewsRipleys_revenge

Conflicting thoughts about this, but ultimately just bored of how football is run. Do whatever you want Ingsy, we love you but I have to say I'll be more depressed than when other players have left us in the past. Something about Ingsy and his Southampton roots, the good times he has brought us, how central he is to Ralph's football. For me he represents all that has been good about Saints in the past couple of years - building and getting our pride back.

No one is bigger than the club though. I think the most important person we keep is Ralph himself. His impact on the entire club is far bigger than Ingsy's.
Danny Ings again on 12:06 - Jan 20 with 1479 views1885_SFC

Danny Ings again on 11:54 - Jan 20 by Ripleys_revenge

Conflicting thoughts about this, but ultimately just bored of how football is run. Do whatever you want Ingsy, we love you but I have to say I'll be more depressed than when other players have left us in the past. Something about Ingsy and his Southampton roots, the good times he has brought us, how central he is to Ralph's football. For me he represents all that has been good about Saints in the past couple of years - building and getting our pride back.

No one is bigger than the club though. I think the most important person we keep is Ralph himself. His impact on the entire club is far bigger than Ingsy's.

Well put RR.

As always with such matters - what will be will be. I really hope he stays & that he enjoys his football here, plays with a smile on his face, and keeps scoring for fun.

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings again on 12:25 - Jan 20 with 1458 viewsTripleNiemi

Danny Ings again on 11:28 - Jan 20 by Butty101

Apparently Liverpool insisted on a sell on fee when they sold him to us.

FFS don't wind up the dribblers anymore. Christ

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Danny Ings again on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 1414 viewsdarthvader

Danny Ings again on 12:06 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

Well put RR.

As always with such matters - what will be will be. I really hope he stays & that he enjoys his football here, plays with a smile on his face, and keeps scoring for fun.

Ralph said he is going no where and he can play in champions league with us

keep the faith coyr

Danny Ings again on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 1399 views1885_SFC

Danny Ings again on 12:58 - Jan 20 by darthvader

Ralph said he is going no where and he can play in champions league with us

I've been reading that Ings is happy with the wages we are offering him on a new contract - but the sticking point is the amount Saints want for him should a big club come calling for his services.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024