Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game 09:47 - Mar 22 with 1342 viewsSaintNick

1. Fraser Forster looked confident, in his early games he played well an dealt with things but he didn't look like he wanted the ball as such, against Bournemouth he "wanted" it

2. Jack Stephens is a good player to have in a squad of our size, he is not good enough to be a 38 gae a season first team regular, but he can do a job for short periods when we have injuries and off the bench.

3. Nathan Redmond with confidence could be the hero of the final quarter of the season

4. Che Adams is one of unluckiest players, how many goals has he got this season ruled out by Var ? few of them have been clear cut.

5, We are getting our stability at the back back, take out the man city game where we changed half the side and we have conceded only 9 goals in 8 games

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 09:53 - Mar 22 with 1329 viewsRon11

Stuart Armstrong was Saints' best player against Bournemouth.
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 1318 viewssaintwizzler

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 09:53 - Mar 22 by Ron11

Yes he was.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:38 - Mar 22 with 1271 viewsSaintNick

But Redmond was the most effective in terms of the end product hence why he received the man of the match award

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:47 - Mar 22 with 1250 viewsSonicBoom

I agree with what you say completely about Stephens. Squad player capable of doing a job for a short period - but ultimately you dont want to rely on him.
However I would say precisely the same about Redmond.
He is old enough now for his dramatic dips in form not to be just a product of youth.
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:59 - Mar 22 with 1221 views1teeminants

I think Fraser is determined to make a go if it here after probably realising how poor the Scottish league is. McCarthy makes me nervous when he plays around in the box so I’m glad Fraser is playing well.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 1094 viewsSadoldgit

I agree with everything apart from no 5. We still look shaky at times at the back. It was a comfortable win overall on Saturday but I don’t think it would have been so straightforward if Bournemouth hadn’t had so many key players out. Still, it can only help our confidence. Burnley will be a tough game but one we should really be winning.
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 16:10 - Mar 22 with 974 viewskingolaf

Forster has taken his opportunity really well.

Good to see that coaching has obviously made him a better keeper as well.

Definitely our number 1.
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 18:12 - Mar 22 with 898 viewsTimSaint

1. FF is now the established first choice keeper, although some will argue that he been played in mostly 'easy' games. I feel more confident with him in goal than AMcC, but in all honesty, I think we have 3 mediocre keepers and could do with getting shot of 2 (which 2 I'm not sure of yet) and replacing them with a first choice keeper.

2. In his cameo, JS made a massive error that nearly led to a goal, slipping at the crucial moment to allow a header that FF saved literally right on the line. Back up at best and definitely not a midfielder. Not sure he is worth keeping if we are to believe he is on £40+k a week.

3. Red frustrated early but the assist and goal gave him a new lease of life. He even questioned himself in the post match interview, asking why he was not direct enough or ran at defenders any more. Here's hoping this can be his turning point and he can really kick on now, but we have had so many false dawns before -so I will need a bit more convincing !!

4. Che is often as frustrating as Redmond. Even against Bournemouth he wasn't very good. His touch and control were too often poor and as we have said before, he always seems to need an extra touch, which is ill afforded at Prem level. Granted he has had a few chalked off, but then we have as a team had many dodgy VAR decisions this term, perhaps a lot more than most. A good finish for his disallowed goal, so hopefully when the Prem resumes, he can continue with his scoring streak. Hopefully we will have Ings and Walcott back as attacking options for the next game too.

5. Our stability at the back has kind of returned, ever since KWP has returned. We look much more balanced and confident with him in the team. I still don't think Vest is back to how he was before his injury, but is getting there slowly and Bednarek can blow hot and cold. Salisu is still getting used to the Prem, but will be fine. We just seem to struggle at full back when we have an injury and have to shuffle the pack.
Please don't hide the fact that we lost heavily to Man City. Yes we changed things around, but this was the manager's plan and it back-fired not only on that night, but also for Brighton debacle that followed.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 18:24 - Mar 22 with 879 viewsCity_boy

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:59 - Mar 22 by 1teeminants

I think Fraser is determined to make a go if it here after probably realising how poor the Scottish league is. McCarthy makes me nervous when he plays around in the box so I’m glad Fraser is playing well.

McCarthy's reaction time seems to be too slow. He always seems to dive after the ball has gone past him.

There have been so many goals this season that you would have expected him to save but often he is not even close. Add in the odd hospital pass and his inability to stop near post attempts and you start to realise how ineffective he has become.

Stick with Fraser.
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 22:41 - Mar 22 with 716 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely, he was f*cking brilliant in all honesty. Back to his pre-covid best.

Also on Nick's point, Forster has been outstanding in goal. Having him back in goal now reminds me of the time when Koeman's Saints had that terrible Christmas slump when he changed formation and Forster was back in goal and the team looked confident again, winning many many games.

He seems to be able to get down to get the low shots better which was pretty much his worst attribute before - maybe the new coaching is working on him? He's definitely better than McCarthy. Gunn can get in the bin.

Stephens is a great squad player and should be kept for that reason. If Saints were going to improve the defence in the summer, it should be left back.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 06:02 - Mar 23 with 633 viewsRipleys_revenge

I prefer Forster but I’m not convinced he’s as good as this thread is making out.

His failure to reach Dunks header in the Brighton game brought back a lot of memories of him failing to get down quick enough. He’s a big lad yes, and imposing, but I still question some of his keeping. Doesn’t seem to have changed that much since he was last our regular keeper
Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 06:45 - Mar 23 with 616 viewssaintwizzler

Djenepo, Redmond and Walcott seem to hold on to the ball too long and ultimately lose it. Frustrating.
Armstrong and Tella take on a player or/and drive into the box.
How many penalties have we won by a player drawing the foul?
Not a lot.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 552 viewsDorsetIan

This may be unfair, but Redmond seems to put in his best performances against 'lesser' teams.

His comment that after the game that he doesn't know why he hasn't been running at defenders this season and his unbelievably serious facial expression suggests to me that he is too wound up.

When we're playing weaker sides, he can relax and express himself. When it's more serious opposition the pressure get to him and he clams up.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Things I Noticed From The Bournemouth Game on 10:23 - Mar 23 with 551 viewssaints__fan__73

That we'd do well in the Championship if we kept our best players?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024