Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well 08:50 - Aug 12 with 2941 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58216/dressing-room-unre

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 09:41 - Aug 12 with 2159 viewsPatfromPoole

I think dressing room unrest becomes inevitable at any club with the kind of run we have been on since February.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:12 - Aug 12 with 2110 viewsTripleNiemi

Didn't end well for Paul Sturrock or us back in the 2000's did it........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:14 - Aug 12 with 2098 viewsRon11

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:12 - Aug 12 by TripleNiemi

Didn't end well for Paul Sturrock or us back in the 2000's did it........

There may be a few questions answered by 5pm tomorrow.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:19 - Aug 12 with 2073 viewsButty101

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:14 - Aug 12 by Ron11

There may be a few questions answered by 5pm tomorrow.

A good win against leeds and everything will look rosey. Ideally we get back to a 442, although cant see that happening.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 2054 viewsBerber

It certainly won’t make Stephens, Valery , Dialo, A Armstrong PL quality players. It won’t stop McCarthy letting in bloopers at the near post. You just have to look at Man U to see that the problems usually lie with the players more than the manager.

Clearly RH does not identify the players he wants, but has to accept the ones who are bought for him against his spec. He has said we need another striker, but never made mention of the CB situation, so obviously is not blameless.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 11:01 - Aug 12 with 2008 viewsSaintNick

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 10:26 - Aug 12 by Berber

It certainly won’t make Stephens, Valery , Dialo, A Armstrong PL quality players. It won’t stop McCarthy letting in bloopers at the near post. You just have to look at Man U to see that the problems usually lie with the players more than the manager.

Clearly RH does not identify the players he wants, but has to accept the ones who are bought for him against his spec. He has said we need another striker, but never made mention of the CB situation, so obviously is not blameless.

On another note one of the first to come out of the woodwork and give his two pence worth is Charlie Austin, who has been critical of Hasenhuttl for getting rid of him.

“They beat the trap door many times in the last four or five season, I just don’t know if it’s going to happen [this time]"

Did we I can only remember once

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 11:17 - Aug 12 with 1962 viewssaints__fan__73

Of course we will 'pander to player power' all clubs do . There is no other way in modern football.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 1861 viewssolent_toffee

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 11:01 - Aug 12 by SaintNick

On another note one of the first to come out of the woodwork and give his two pence worth is Charlie Austin, who has been critical of Hasenhuttl for getting rid of him.

“They beat the trap door many times in the last four or five season, I just don’t know if it’s going to happen [this time]"

Charlie Austin is an aching simpleton. I fully expect him to get a regular slot on Talksport in the near future.
Login to get fewer ads

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 1825 viewsDorsetIan

Rapport with the fans and an ability to motivate his squad were too of Ralph’s big pluses.

If he’s lost that then it’s pretty serious, because his technical managerial skills are very limited.

And if he’s lost the dressing room, it is a what it is and is no real surprise. No point moaning that it’s bad news. The whole f**cling thing is bad news at the moment.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 13:09 - Aug 12 with 1804 viewsPoirot

The fact that Semmens and Steele (doing different jobs at the time) have seen two managers depart because of players not liking them is why Ralph still has a job. Semmens in particular seems to have dug his heels in regards sacking Ralph. But we know any other club in the PL would have sacked him probably after the second 9-0, but certainly after the end to last season.

Its a results business and Ralph can be sacked for that alone.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 13:12]
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 13:41 - Aug 12 with 1763 viewsdirk_doone

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 13:09 - Aug 12 by Poirot

The fact that Semmens and Steele (doing different jobs at the time) have seen two managers depart because of players not liking them is why Ralph still has a job. Semmens in particular seems to have dug his heels in regards sacking Ralph. But we know any other club in the PL would have sacked him probably after the second 9-0, but certainly after the end to last season.

Its a results business and Ralph can be sacked for that alone.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 13:12]

He has been rewarded for his success. Only Guardiola and Klopp have kept their jobs longer in the Premier League.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:08 - Aug 12 with 1685 viewsSaintsforeverj

This is the other side of the story and Nick is right to point it out IMO. These spoilt, greedy, very wealthy Premier League players down tools and don't put in the effort when they want to get rid of a manager. It happened at Chelsea with JM and it's happened at Man U a few times and at other clubs including us. Imagine a surgeon downs tools because they don't like their boss, on far less money. I'm not making excuses for Ralph's mistakes here, but these players seem to get away with their disgraceful behaviour Scott free. A few members of the squad don't like the manager, ok well get on with it. They are getting paid a lot of money. Or more the truth, they have had their heads turned by agents and other clubs, so they stop giving their all.

Ings did it, Broja did it and other members of the squad. It happens at other clubs too, but think about it, if you earn 100 grand a week, many here would work for a few weeks then retire. It's very easy for players to set the tone; they are very powerful knowing they can lose their job and retire tomorrow.

Nonetheless, all the questions we have will be answered on the pitch tomorrow.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:12]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:20 - Aug 12 with 1657 viewssaint68

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:08 - Aug 12 by Saintsforeverj

This is the other side of the story and Nick is right to point it out IMO. These spoilt, greedy, very wealthy Premier League players down tools and don't put in the effort when they want to get rid of a manager. It happened at Chelsea with JM and it's happened at Man U a few times and at other clubs including us. Imagine a surgeon downs tools because they don't like their boss, on far less money. I'm not making excuses for Ralph's mistakes here, but these players seem to get away with their disgraceful behaviour Scott free. A few members of the squad don't like the manager, ok well get on with it. They are getting paid a lot of money. Or more the truth, they have had their heads turned by agents and other clubs, so they stop giving their all.

Ings did it, Broja did it and other members of the squad. It happens at other clubs too, but think about it, if you earn 100 grand a week, many here would work for a few weeks then retire. It's very easy for players to set the tone; they are very powerful knowing they can lose their job and retire tomorrow.

Nonetheless, all the questions we have will be answered on the pitch tomorrow.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:12]

How about...the players want to win but the manager makes it virtually impossible by being inconsistent and erratic..they want clear guidance and every player being selected in the correct position and on form...Ralph doesn't do any of that..they like us want to win games and be successful...not possible under the Asstrian Fool!!!

Hence they're trying to get rid of him for their and our benefit...I applaud that!!!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:25 - Aug 12 with 1654 viewsSaintsforeverj

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:20 - Aug 12 by saint68

How about...the players want to win but the manager makes it virtually impossible by being inconsistent and erratic..they want clear guidance and every player being selected in the correct position and on form...Ralph doesn't do any of that..they like us want to win games and be successful...not possible under the Asstrian Fool!!!

Hence they're trying to get rid of him for their and our benefit...I applaud that!!!!

It may well be true, that the players have lost faith in the manager, except, when the players gave their all, we were top of the league and went on a winning run. As soon as March comes around and all the rumours start, players heads get turned, they stop performing. Ings definitely did that and we all know why.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:26]

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:29 - Aug 12 with 1635 viewsBerber

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 11:01 - Aug 12 by SaintNick

Austin is like a trouser parp in a train carriage.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:07 - Aug 12 with 1590 viewssaint68

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 15:25 - Aug 12 by Saintsforeverj

It may well be true, that the players have lost faith in the manager, except, when the players gave their all, we were top of the league and went on a winning run. As soon as March comes around and all the rumours start, players heads get turned, they stop performing. Ings definitely did that and we all know why.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:26]

Because he was desperate for a move to the Midlands?

Or simply getting away from a manager that he fell out with over changing tactics and drying his chances of scoring!!!

The second option is the right one...as did Broja

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:15 - Aug 12 with 1582 viewsSaintsforeverj

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:07 - Aug 12 by saint68

Or simply getting away from a manager that he fell out with over changing tactics and drying his chances of scoring!!!

He went for the money.

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:18 - Aug 12 with 1569 viewsBerber

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:07 - Aug 12 by saint68

Ings has subsequently as good as as said that it was always his intention to start a new project at the end of his contract, and it is what he did previously, most notably at Burnley. He never at any stage suggested any other reason for leaving, and neither did he suggest that he wanted to stay. Your interpretation is just conjecture, and not really appropriate ammunition for RH bashing.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:44 - Aug 12 with 1530 viewssaint68

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 16:18 - Aug 12 by Berber

Ings has subsequently as good as as said that it was always his intention to start a new project at the end of his contract, and it is what he did previously, most notably at Burnley. He never at any stage suggested any other reason for leaving, and neither did he suggest that he wanted to stay. Your interpretation is just conjecture, and not really appropriate ammunition for RH bashing.

From conversations with close family and friends it is said that the vitriol from saints supporters effected not only him but them when he left...he actually left due to no chance of playing at his best with the changes that were made to stop chances created. Or maybe his family are not to be trusted in this instance..oddly enough Broja's family have similar views

And if you look back to Saints v villa he acknowledged the stadium the saints players but not the manager..that speaks volumes!!

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 1489 viewsfranniesTache

The stories of Ralph not being a good person manager or engaging with players aren't new, they've been around for a while now, I first heard about the fact he didn't engage with the players much around the time we lost his second (Danny Rohl) to Bayern.

From everything i was told back then - and it came via a first team player at the time - Danny Rohl was the one who engaged with players and did the people management side of things, whereas Ralph focussed almost entirely on tactics and wasn't seen helpful with the softer skills side of things.

At the time it didn't really seem worth sharing, expect amongst my own group, but given what i was told that none of what came out in the mail yesterday surprises me in the slightest.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 17:21]
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:43 - Aug 12 with 1438 viewssaint68

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:20 - Aug 12 by franniesTache

The stories of Ralph not being a good person manager or engaging with players aren't new, they've been around for a while now, I first heard about the fact he didn't engage with the players much around the time we lost his second (Danny Rohl) to Bayern.

From everything i was told back then - and it came via a first team player at the time - Danny Rohl was the one who engaged with players and did the people management side of things, whereas Ralph focussed almost entirely on tactics and wasn't seen helpful with the softer skills side of things.

At the time it didn't really seem worth sharing, expect amongst my own group, but given what i was told that none of what came out in the mail yesterday surprises me in the slightest.

Had a long lasting family acquaintance of someone that most saints supporters regard as our best ever manager...many drunken nights with the aforementioned manager at our house but In various other locations...

He's a guardsman and fanatical lover of our club and city...he's been extremely supportive of the current manager openly but has had clear doubts expressed in closed circles..

Ralph should of been jettisoned after the first 9-0 embarrassment...his view my view and my family and friends view also....Romeu can not stand Hassenhutl..I really thought he'd go this summer..but he was under the impression that changes were coming...maybe they might soon...hopefully
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 17:46]

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:46 - Aug 12 with 1422 viewsSadoldgit

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 09:41 - Aug 12 by PatfromPoole

I think dressing room unrest becomes inevitable at any club with the kind of run we have been on since February.

Indeed. I would be very surprised to hear that the club is full of happy campers at the moment and would also be surprised if there weren’t a few players fed up because they are not starting. We have signed some promising players in this window and hopefully will pick up a couple more. There is no reason why we can’t turn things round but some players need to look at themselves and take some responsibility. If you want a starting place in the side, make yourself undropable. Put decent shifts in and don’t give up until the final whistle blows.
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:50 - Aug 12 with 1417 viewsRon11

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:43 - Aug 12 by saint68

Had a long lasting family acquaintance of someone that most saints supporters regard as our best ever manager...many drunken nights with the aforementioned manager at our house but In various other locations...

He's a guardsman and fanatical lover of our club and city...he's been extremely supportive of the current manager openly but has had clear doubts expressed in closed circles..

Ralph should of been jettisoned after the first 9-0 embarrassment...his view my view and my family and friends view also....Romeu can not stand Hassenhutl..I really thought he'd go this summer..but he was under the impression that changes were coming...maybe they might soon...hopefully
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 17:46]

I've heard the same....I don't know how he's got away with it for this length of time.
Also from an ex Saints player through contacts in my home town...
Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 18:03 - Aug 12 with 1399 viewssaint68

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:46 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

Indeed. I would be very surprised to hear that the club is full of happy campers at the moment and would also be surprised if there weren’t a few players fed up because they are not starting. We have signed some promising players in this window and hopefully will pick up a couple more. There is no reason why we can’t turn things round but some players need to look at themselves and take some responsibility. If you want a starting place in the side, make yourself undropable. Put decent shifts in and don’t give up until the final whistle blows.

More dribble Arthur/John..

Make yourself un-dropable....like McCarthy 😁🤣😄🤣😄

You're the gift that keeps on dribbling into the toilet bowl...

Best joke pretend Saints fan ever, pal!!!😄🤣😁👍👍🙈🙈

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 18:17 - Aug 12 with 1371 viewskingslandstand1

Dressing Room Unrest Never Ends Well on 17:20 - Aug 12 by franniesTache

Did the club not see any of this from previous employment references or look in to that at time of interview?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024