Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sack Semmens and get the owners out 17:11 - Dec 31 with 4034 viewsSouthamptonfan

The team isn't good enough. People can argue they are, just to satisfy their argument that Ralph was the problem, but the defence is sh!t, Adams is sh!t, the strikers are sh!t, the team is sh!t. Adams misses a sitter (Again!!!), Bazinu punches a Fulham player in the box, and the defenders don't mark.up (again!!!). What can the manager do apart from tell them to mark up better???

NJ is the wrong appointment but what did we expect? Naive enough to think we would bring in Poch or a decent and ambitious manager??? That's why I want the owners out!!!

The team has had all its best players sold, replaced by a load of teenagers, who arn't good enough. Blame the board. Things will be even worse now Ralph has gone. Ralph performed miracles with this dreadful team.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 17:14]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:15 - Dec 31 with 3309 viewsMrangry25

I agree but nothing will change until a concerted effort is made by the supporters to boycott games , season ticket sales etc which will never happen and so life as a Saints fan carries on.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:27 - Dec 31 with 3255 viewsTripleNiemi

Should really feel for Semmens having to watch us play and continuously getting beat……..
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 17:28]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:38 - Dec 31 with 3211 viewskingslandstand1

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:27 - Dec 31 by TripleNiemi

Should really feel for Semmens having to watch us play and continuously getting beat……..
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 17:28]

Maybe he shouldn't watch then, cos I can't see anything changing in the next 3 or 4 months that will stop us going down

I really am trying to think positives and today there were some, they even missed a penalty ffs and that must be a positive, and the Sky bloke did say it wasn't a bad game as it went on.

But same old, same old it seems
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:51 - Dec 31 with 3174 viewsA1079

Step by step, season after season, bit by bit, those in charge of the club have stripped the club of quality, direction, vision, and purpose. One poor decision has followed another. At the time each decision may have seemed innocuous but each decision has had a negative consequence/impact which has ultimately impacted the team, the managers the ability to contest and compete.

When we got promoted we were promoted with vision and direction. People looked at us, people came to us. Kat Liebherr has alot to answer for and those that have followed her, even moreso.

Cortese going may have been the right thing - what followed was not the right thing. Kat Liebherr deciding she no longer wanted complete control may have been a reasonable thing, selling to an owner who clearly had little or no interest in the club was not the right thing and then to repeat it with our latest owners is to make a bad decision even worse. Fire selling so many key players in one go even though we were fortunate to have a manager that made something out of the squad may have looked good, but it was the start of the end of a vision and the decline in our quality. Replacing Puel with a manager who was clearly out of his depth like Pelligrino sent a message of decline and now to repeat a similar thing again by replacing a manager that had run out of steam (but had done his best) with a manager who has no experience, know how is now putting one of the final nails in the coffin.

Failings for season after season to improve the defence and now followed up by a negligent failure to bring in a quality player to help us score goals is like asking someone to build a house without a foundation.

West Ham results are awful at the moment. Their supporters will not put up with it and they will make it known and be lauded as passionate and caring. If we dare to protest we are lauded as disloyal and not supportive.

Kat Liebherr, this current board and owners are an insult to the Marcus Liebherr era and aims and objectives. They have torn up a vision and spat in the faces of us the supporters and even to the players and some of the managers and coaches.

Yes, none of this answers the failings of individual players and the team on the pitch of which there are many - basic goalkeeping, poor defending and incompetence at its worst in front of goal but it all feeds in to where we are now. Nathan Jones was the wrong appointment and I don't think there is a Saints supporter out there that may have accepted that Ralph was not going to change the run of results would have even remotely thought of Nathan Jones as a reasonable replacement. He may be a decent guy and it is hard on him but it is another bad decision on a whole long line and years of poor decisions.

For what it is worth, I understand we put in a shift today and a performance and some fight and that is the least I expect even as looks extremely likely that we are going to be relegated. I hope we do at least fight until the bitter end when we play but it is time for the fans of this club to fight to support the team but rid the club of the festering disease that appears to permeate at all levels.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:59 - Dec 31 with 3155 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:51 - Dec 31 by A1079

Step by step, season after season, bit by bit, those in charge of the club have stripped the club of quality, direction, vision, and purpose. One poor decision has followed another. At the time each decision may have seemed innocuous but each decision has had a negative consequence/impact which has ultimately impacted the team, the managers the ability to contest and compete.

When we got promoted we were promoted with vision and direction. People looked at us, people came to us. Kat Liebherr has alot to answer for and those that have followed her, even moreso.

Cortese going may have been the right thing - what followed was not the right thing. Kat Liebherr deciding she no longer wanted complete control may have been a reasonable thing, selling to an owner who clearly had little or no interest in the club was not the right thing and then to repeat it with our latest owners is to make a bad decision even worse. Fire selling so many key players in one go even though we were fortunate to have a manager that made something out of the squad may have looked good, but it was the start of the end of a vision and the decline in our quality. Replacing Puel with a manager who was clearly out of his depth like Pelligrino sent a message of decline and now to repeat a similar thing again by replacing a manager that had run out of steam (but had done his best) with a manager who has no experience, know how is now putting one of the final nails in the coffin.

Failings for season after season to improve the defence and now followed up by a negligent failure to bring in a quality player to help us score goals is like asking someone to build a house without a foundation.

West Ham results are awful at the moment. Their supporters will not put up with it and they will make it known and be lauded as passionate and caring. If we dare to protest we are lauded as disloyal and not supportive.

Kat Liebherr, this current board and owners are an insult to the Marcus Liebherr era and aims and objectives. They have torn up a vision and spat in the faces of us the supporters and even to the players and some of the managers and coaches.

Yes, none of this answers the failings of individual players and the team on the pitch of which there are many - basic goalkeeping, poor defending and incompetence at its worst in front of goal but it all feeds in to where we are now. Nathan Jones was the wrong appointment and I don't think there is a Saints supporter out there that may have accepted that Ralph was not going to change the run of results would have even remotely thought of Nathan Jones as a reasonable replacement. He may be a decent guy and it is hard on him but it is another bad decision on a whole long line and years of poor decisions.

For what it is worth, I understand we put in a shift today and a performance and some fight and that is the least I expect even as looks extremely likely that we are going to be relegated. I hope we do at least fight until the bitter end when we play but it is time for the fans of this club to fight to support the team but rid the club of the festering disease that appears to permeate at all levels.

Good post. The managers have come and gone. It's ultimately the people at the top who have made one disastrous decision after the next.

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 18:04 - Dec 31 with 3125 viewskingslandstand1

Excellent post 1069, and certainly explains our current predicament

Can yo ublame the players if they're not good enough? If any player that hasn't been heard of on these shores is offered a decent wage to play in the best league in the world they are going to take it. Now they probably realise they maybe should have stayed where they were
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 18:56 - Dec 31 with 3036 viewsmushinexile

Get this, owners.
Southampton Football Club had for many years been respected by all and regarded as a good club that always pulled its weight, made good players into very good players and believed in its football.

This is no longer the case as you spivs have used the brand for your failed attempt to milk all and sundry. You will, collectively lose tens of millions of pounds because the business model simply does not work and you will take the city's football club down with you into bankruptcy.

We can all see this happening like a slow motion train crash and you are too vain to see it for yourselves which is why you are doomed to failure.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 19:56 - Dec 31 with 2926 viewsSonicBoom

Most of this thread is nonsense. The simple fact is we are a small provincial club who no one with deep pockets bought. Our business model, signings, managers etc are all the result of our financial position relative to others in the division.
Even then as west ham and Everton prove , that is still no guarantee. Newcastle were crap for years, now they're the new Man City.
So blame some middle Eastern royal family or American billionaire for not buying us. Football now is a league table of money.
Login to get fewer ads

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:09 - Dec 31 with 2896 viewsgrumpy

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 19:56 - Dec 31 by SonicBoom

Most of this thread is nonsense. The simple fact is we are a small provincial club who no one with deep pockets bought. Our business model, signings, managers etc are all the result of our financial position relative to others in the division.
Even then as west ham and Everton prove , that is still no guarantee. Newcastle were crap for years, now they're the new Man City.
So blame some middle Eastern royal family or American billionaire for not buying us. Football now is a league table of money.

Sadly this is very true.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:13 - Dec 31 with 2886 viewsmushinexile

But it would not be anywhere as bad if the club didn't have owners whose only interest is in immediate financial gain for insubstantial and insignificant investment.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:21 - Dec 31 with 2868 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tony Bloom at Brighton isn't a middle Easter billionaire and is less wealthy than Solak at our club. The owners at Brentford who bought the experienced Erikson, Ben Mee and kept Ivan Toni are also much better owners. I don't want rich oil merchants from Saudi Arabia. I just want a Tony Bloom type owner who makes the right decisions and invests a reasonable amount in the team. Our owners replacing Ings and Broja with Mara are total idiots. They spent 60 million on Mara, Bazunu, Maitland Niles, Aribo and so on. They sell Romeu and Forster in return. Complete idiots.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 20:23]

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:31 - Dec 31 with 2836 viewsDellHero_Would

Spot on. Some of the crying on here is poor. On balance the current situation is dire.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:32 - Dec 31 with 2826 viewsA1079

I don't disagree with your underlying sentiment Sonic and it is the fact for a portion of the clubs in the PL which begs the question other than for financial reasons unless you can get an owner that can compete is there really any point in being in the PL? The division is getting wider year on year.

But, where I do have a different view is that I still think that fundamentally the club has been and is being managed poorly. I have never expected us to win the league or even get in the top 6. What I do expect to see is a club and team that will give its all to compete to the best it can and be forward thinking - Brighton are a good example and you could argue Brentford are as well. There was a time when we were. Our owners have made bad decisions and I would say appointing Nathan Jones is one of them. Ralph was struggling last season, we went 13 games with only one win and had we not got that win we would have been relegated last season. The writing was clearly on the wall, so why was the problems not resolved in the close season.

Yes, we are a provincial club to a degree but we have a good catchment area and we have a fine history of punching above our weight. No, I don't expect us to be a Newcastle, Man City or Liverpool - I am not even sure I want us to be, I just want us to be well run and be competitive.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:43 - Dec 31 with 2790 viewsPatfromPoole

Brighton and Brentford are disproving that, sir.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:46 - Dec 31 with 2787 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:43 - Dec 31 by PatfromPoole

Brighton and Brentford are disproving that, sir.

And Crystal Palace too. They have kept Saha and spent a decent amount on the team. And Fulham even.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 20:48]

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 00:54 - Jan 1 with 2639 viewsblambo

re: Boycott to hurt the finances and make the owners listen, I've already done it.
AFC Totton are getting my support, I am not going near St Mary's.
Why would I waste stupid sums of money watching such garbage?
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 03:01 - Jan 1 with 2578 viewscocklebreath

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 00:54 - Jan 1 by blambo

re: Boycott to hurt the finances and make the owners listen, I've already done it.
AFC Totton are getting my support, I am not going near St Mary's.
Why would I waste stupid sums of money watching such garbage?

I support saints not some local no mark team so as awful and disgusting as our club currently is I’ll always be a cruncher , I don’t give a fook about any other club, I don’t particularly like football but I love saints.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 09:55 - Jan 1 with 2298 viewsButty101

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 03:01 - Jan 1 by cocklebreath

I support saints not some local no mark team so as awful and disgusting as our club currently is I’ll always be a cruncher , I don’t give a fook about any other club, I don’t particularly like football but I love saints.

I love Saints, but it’s just a no mark co-operation now. It’s no longer that thing I loved in the 80s and beyond.
You may as well support B&Q, it’s a lot cheaper watching their paint dry and probably more satisfying

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 10:47 - Jan 1 with 2204 viewskingolaf

Wish I didn’t buy a season ticket. I really don’t enjoy it anymore.

It’s hard to support a club run the way it is. It’s no more than a footballer stock exchange. Unfortunately, the value of stocks can go down. We’re sinking as a club and the rot started the day Kat took charge. SR are mugs.

I probably won’t bother next season. It’s like going to the same crap restaurant every week.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 14:09 - Jan 1 with 1941 viewsMeonsaint

I couldn't agree more. it is fundamentally clear to us fans, the press, pundits, my 83 year old Mum in fact everyone except Martin Semmens and our couldn't p..s in a pot broke owners that the manager and his back up team have had zero influence on the current playing staff since they joined 2 months ago. Let's be brutually honest this job is way above his capabilities.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed on the day his appointment was announced and my opinion has not changed since.

Admit you have dropped an absolutely massive b...ck by hiring this Welsh t..t and his oppos, Spunky Semmens... just get rid and bring in someone with the experience, guile, tactical awareness and a proven track record to keep the once mighty Saints in the Premier League.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 15:02 - Jan 1 with 1891 viewsmushinexile

Nice idea but the owners know no better and leave the manager, be he good or bad, to carry the can in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong, deputy heads will roll.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 15:45 - Jan 1 with 1856 viewsRon11

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 20:13 - Dec 31 by mushinexile

But it would not be anywhere as bad if the club didn't have owners whose only interest is in immediate financial gain for insubstantial and insignificant investment.

Surely that wasn't Gao's intention....
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 17:19 - Jan 1 with 1754 viewsBazza

Pity there’s so much stress on this site though understandable. I’ve been addicted to the Saints for 6o odd years and whilst I’d prefer us to hold our own in the Premier some of our best games have been when we were in lower levels. My Burnley mate says he’s enjoying football more now in the Championship and away from the foreign moneybags. There’s more mistakes so lots more goals and hardly any prima donnas and more competitive games.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 1683 viewsmushinexile

No, NO, NO!
There are no positives in relegation.

Southampton has always been a club that was proud of punching above its weight.

Have some bloody ambition or you are no better than SR.
Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 1650 viewsMeonsaint

Sack Semmens and get the owners out on 18:18 - Jan 1 by mushinexile

No, NO, NO!
There are no positives in relegation.

Southampton has always been a club that was proud of punching above its weight.

Have some bloody ambition or you are no better than SR.

It’s not too late for the board to act and sack this clown Jones. I know it’s only 4 games but it is crystal clear that he ain’t up for the role.
I have written to Semmens twice ( I never expected a reply )about the nonsense appointment of the failed Stoke City manager but obviously he has a complete disregard for loyal supporter’s opinions.
Everyone can see except Martin Semmens that Nathan Jones does not have the qualities, experience, personality or charisma to inspire the current playing staff to Premiership survival.
We all have to keep piling on the social media pressure. He might just might admit that he has made a huge mistake in hiring this amateur.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024