Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread 08:02 - Jan 31 with 10361 viewsSaintNick

Early post for this as will be travelling up most of day

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Jan 31 with 2284 viewsButty101

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:47 - Jan 31 by grumpy

Do give a rest for once...

Newcastle have run out of steam, shame we still cant create f all

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Jan 31 with 2282 viewsHeisenberg

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:47 - Jan 31 by grumpy

Do give a rest for once...

Ignore him. Everyone else does.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 31 with 2265 viewsgrumpy

Jones throwing subs like confetti,just pick the right team at the start for once.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 2212 viewsA1079

We have worked hard and put up a fight in this second half. If only we had had the right line up and formation at the start of the game and who knows.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Jan 31 with 2148 viewskentsouthampton

Another "plucky defeat".
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 31 with 2122 viewsButty101

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Jan 31 by A1079

We have worked hard and put up a fight in this second half. If only we had had the right line up and formation at the start of the game and who knows.

Lavia and perruad not starting is criminal. PLus starting with 5 at the back? Everyone knows we cant play 5 at the back. It just never works. Once we weathered the storm we could of got something tongiht. Armstrong scores his chance it would have been a great last 20mins

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Jan 31 with 2106 viewskingslandstand1

You'd think they'd won the fkg World Cup
Shall we have a National day of celebration
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Jan 31 with 2080 viewsA1079

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Jan 31 by kentsouthampton

Another "plucky defeat".

Though we will never know of course, but I am left feeling what might have been if we had not started with 5 at the back and put in the right formation and line up in the first place. What must Perraud had thought being dropped to the bench?

We did make a game of it but it became out of our reach because of the start to the game.

Brentford at the weekend is so key - fail to win that and it is difficult to see any hope of rescuing this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Jan 31 with 2077 viewsMeonsaint

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Jan 31 by kentsouthampton

Another "plucky defeat".

I wish he would just go, the most annoying Saints Manager ever. He really rates himself which makes the situation worse. Sadly we have an arrogant Welsh tw@t as our Manager.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 2031 viewsTimSaint

We battled and we're arguably the better team for much of the 2nd half, but we still can't pass, fanny around with it, go backwards too much despite needing to score 2, no urgency and ultimately don't take our chances when we get them. Oh and are prone to be carved open with 2 or 3 passes.

Hope that dirty fvcker is banned for the final, but suspect his ban will be used up in league games. May even prefer a Man United win in the final.

TimSaint

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Jan 31 with 2009 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Got hammered for a poor first 25 mins ... But I feel optamissike about the 2nd half performance ... at least our lads weren't disgraced - and lots to build upon. Those shirts are abismale , AND in no way interfered with Magpies colours --- Saints play in Red & White STRIPS ...... PLEASE SORT THIS OUT !!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Jan 31 with 1963 viewsRednWight

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Jan 31 by A1079

Though we will never know of course, but I am left feeling what might have been if we had not started with 5 at the back and put in the right formation and line up in the first place. What must Perraud had thought being dropped to the bench?

We did make a game of it but it became out of our reach because of the start to the game.

Brentford at the weekend is so key - fail to win that and it is difficult to see any hope of rescuing this season.

It’s a good job Perraud didn’t get a hat trick at weekend
He’d have been out of the squad completely for that

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:47 - Jan 31 with 1827 viewsMrangry25

5 1/2 hours in a car, overnight stay, a day off work and that useless little Welsh coont takes the piss by playing that starting lineup.
Perraud scores twice and is benched
Jo Aribo has a good game on Saturday benched
Lavia benched
Orcic benched
I know let me play my mate from Luton he is a world beater. and bring in Bednarek who only wants to play for big clubs but only played 45mins all season.

GET OUT OF MY CLUB NOW YOU GUM CHEWING, SHEEP SHA**IN EXCUSE FOR A MANAGER.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 1821 viewsdarthvader

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Jan 31 by RednWight

It’s a good job Perraud didn’t get a hat trick at weekend
He’d have been out of the squad completely for that

Surely he can see how that we are better with a right back and a proper left back.
We actually had hope in the second half. Played better shame we couldnt get another goal or two to force it to penalties.

Che took his goal superbly .

Bree got better as the game wore on and a good job too now we have two right backs injured.

At least we don't have to watch the Toon wañkfest anymore .. It's like we wernt even playing beforehand?!. It was making me physically sick listening to them all creaming themselves over them. Saudimoneyfc will sell lots of TV rights in the middle east so sky will be over the fu.çking moon.

The good news is we spent 40+ million on two forwards tonight one of them a proper striker of 6ft7 (crouchy height)

keep the faith coyr

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:52 - Jan 31 with 1813 viewsRon11

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Jan 31 by darthvader

Surely he can see how that we are better with a right back and a proper left back.
We actually had hope in the second half. Played better shame we couldnt get another goal or two to force it to penalties.

Bree got better as the game wore on and a good job too now we have two right backs injured.

At least we don't have to watch the Toon wañkfest anymore .. It's like we wernt even playing beforehand?!. It was making me physically sick listening to them all creaming themselves over them. Saudimoneyfc will sell lots of TV rights in the middle east so sky will be over the fu.çking moon.

The good news is we spent 40+ million on two forwards tonight one of them a proper striker of 6ft7 (crouchy height)

Good news about the forwards, shame about the manager.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Jan 31 with 1762 viewsMattFinish

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 21:51 - Jan 31 by grumpy

Jones throwing subs like confetti,just pick the right team at the start for once.

Spot on Grumps, Jones was forced into putting on subs and ended up with the team he should have started with and we looked good
He’s clueless
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 23:05 - Jan 31 with 1720 viewsA1079

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Jan 31 by darthvader

You and Timsaint are right about the level of drooling by Radio 5 and other media outlets around Newcastle Utd. Before the game, it was as if there was no other team playing. As for Guimaraes he is a dirty thug and has got away with it before (as did Pope last week when he clattered Djenepo out of the game) yet none of the media outlets called either. Radio 5 commentary and afterwards was all about Guimaraes did not mean it, it was not deliberate etc etc. Apparently he misses 3 league games before the final.

I could never bring myself to get behind Man U and I probably still prefer Newcastle to win it, but not really that bothered. Howe is a good manager, knows what he is doing, knows how to coach people and is shrewd in his tactics even if that includes getting his players to engage in so called gamesmanship - what I would do to have a manager with his level of nouse. I actually think amongst it all and somewhere we have some good players in our squad (we have some very average ones as well) but we need that manager who can bring through the quality and knows how to set up a bl**dy team to win from the start.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Jan 31 with 1674 viewsRon11

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 23:05 - Jan 31 by A1079

You and Timsaint are right about the level of drooling by Radio 5 and other media outlets around Newcastle Utd. Before the game, it was as if there was no other team playing. As for Guimaraes he is a dirty thug and has got away with it before (as did Pope last week when he clattered Djenepo out of the game) yet none of the media outlets called either. Radio 5 commentary and afterwards was all about Guimaraes did not mean it, it was not deliberate etc etc. Apparently he misses 3 league games before the final.

I could never bring myself to get behind Man U and I probably still prefer Newcastle to win it, but not really that bothered. Howe is a good manager, knows what he is doing, knows how to coach people and is shrewd in his tactics even if that includes getting his players to engage in so called gamesmanship - what I would do to have a manager with his level of nouse. I actually think amongst it all and somewhere we have some good players in our squad (we have some very average ones as well) but we need that manager who can bring through the quality and knows how to set up a bl**dy team to win from the start.

I was hoping to see that grinning piece of shit Jacob Murphy get a broken nose. Broken anything.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Jan 31 with 1653 viewsA1079

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Jan 31 by Ron11

I was hoping to see that grinning piece of shit Jacob Murphy get a broken nose. Broken anything.

I am with you there Ron 11. Perhaps all our players should have lined up and waved Guimaraes off!
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 04:54 - Feb 1 with 1469 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Jan 31 by A1079

Ah! Come on bud - have some faith .......................... you normally talk a lot of common sense , and I always seek out AND READ your posts.

Maybe it's not nice - to exit the C cup -- but we can look forward to progressing in the F.A.Cup .......... 2 new signings ..... One who looks like the proper fit .... a tall target man who scores goals - A lot to look forward to ..... Not just the result of our Brentford result!
Hey - by shuffling the pack , NJ could well discover - a successful combination. by default LOL ...... COYS.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 06:47 - Feb 1 with 1395 viewsareasix

6 hr drive back plenty of time to think!
After 20 mins we could of folded but fair play to most of the players they weren’t going to give in and if Armstrong had put away his chance things could of been interesting.
To say Longstaff had not scored at Newcastle for 4 years he could of had three or four.
I don’t think we can change the manager again I’ll give him till the end of season so we need to get behind the team as Everton didn’t sign anyone as no one wanted to sign due to the sh-t flying around Goodison. As supporters we can relegate the team as quick as the manager.
I want to see these two new signings to see what they are like but they have to be an improvement surely.
I did a load of thinking on the way home did we hold some players back if they weren’t 100% for Brentford as the club must want to stay in the Prem more then the cup.
At least the Brentford trip is close, 6 hrs is a hell of distance travelling during the night!
Great turnout of support.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 07:47 - Feb 1 with 1311 viewsHeisenberg

Having slept on it the problem is clearly Jones. He claims to have spent hours watching Saints videos. Well he is either thick or is lying. Anyone who has watched Saints over the last few years will tell you when we play 3 at the back it never works. We were so much better in the second half so if he resorts back to it on Saturday then that’s it he can do one.

As for last nights toon love in. Disappointing not to see the cameras focus on Ant and Dec or Jimmy Nail. A Gazza crying would have made it even more special. They will be dancing in the streets of Riyadh.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 08:08 - Feb 1 with 1277 viewsDorsetIan

I wasn’t at the game and could only get to a radio commentary when it was already 2-1.

To turn a 1 goal deficit into 3 within 20 mins in a game like this is very disappointing and the manager has to carry the can for getting things wrong at the start. It’s worrying that shooting ourselves in the foot was a Ralph characteristic, as was stupid line ups (dropping Peraud and playing Bree was typical Ralph nonsense) but, having seen the replays, you have to say that both goals were extremely good goals with defenders wrong-footed all over the place and Newcastle were bound to come at us like that at the start.

The big positives are 4 January signings all of whom look promising (SR are not Gao) and a team that is playing which much more heart and positivity.

Maybe Jones is the wrong guy. We‘ll see now how he compares to Dyche.

But we can still have hope. There are lots of positives and if we had 4 points more and were sitting around 14th, everything would feel very different.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 1184 viewsUTS1885

Woeful formation to start and learnt nothing from the 1st leg, when Newcastle midfield dominated the start. They would clearly do the same in the 2nd leg and flew out the door and it was game over after 21 mins.

We could have Kane and Rashford upfront, it means nothing if we cant get these players marking up and being aware of whats around them to stop conceding goals. That is the number one issue and has been the case for a number of seasons.
Newcastle Game Carabao Cup Matchday Thread on 09:57 - Feb 1 with 1154 viewsinthebox

Listened on the radio(respect to all those who ventured up) Blackmore mentioned Alvarez talking to Jones just before the system change makes you wonder who's in charge, he listens to the players but it's worrying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024