Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? 19:57 - Feb 12 with 4992 viewssuzie

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:21 - Feb 12 with 3981 viewsHollywood56

Minus six out of ten
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:27 - Feb 12 with 3962 viewsPatfromPoole

It doesn’t take much for the odds to shift on these things.

It probably won’t be him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:34 - Feb 12 with 3937 viewsRon11

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:27 - Feb 12 by PatfromPoole

It doesn’t take much for the odds to shift on these things.

It probably won’t be him.

Let's hope not.
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:37 - Feb 12 with 3926 viewsSouthamptonfan

I can see why they would go for him (kept Leeds up last year when they cut adrift). Those wanting Poch and anyone really decent, sorry but they won't come here. Top managers want money and ambition. If we want that, get the owners out. I said that before Ralph was sacked. We would have been better off with Ralph, but we are where we are.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:40]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:46 - Feb 12 with 3891 viewsCapt_Koons

The only thing good I can say about Jesse Marsch is he's not Nathan Jones

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:48 - Feb 12 with 3881 viewsSaintNick

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:37 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I can see why they would go for him (kept Leeds up last year when they cut adrift). Those wanting Poch and anyone really decent, sorry but they won't come here. Top managers want money and ambition. If we want that, get the owners out. I said that before Ralph was sacked. We would have been better off with Ralph, but we are where we are.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:40]

I’m still not sure about money and ambition, let’s be blunt you need a lot of money these days to get anywhere , unless we are bought by an oil rich state as City and now Newcastle have been what ambition can you have

Truth is we have spent more money than ever yet it is not enough and it never will be in the current set up of the Premier League

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:51 - Feb 12 with 3869 viewsSouthamptonfan

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:48 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

I’m still not sure about money and ambition, let’s be blunt you need a lot of money these days to get anywhere , unless we are bought by an oil rich state as City and now Newcastle have been what ambition can you have

Truth is we have spent more money than ever yet it is not enough and it never will be in the current set up of the Premier League

They have spent badly though Nick. 10 million on Mara? 13 million on Bazunu when Pope was less? Money spent on Larios and Aribo when we already had a better player in Romeu? It's more about the "philosophy" I guess.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:52]

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 20:59 - Feb 12 with 3853 viewsMattFinish

Surely there’s no way they would make that appointment
Marsh was “statistically” worse than Jones but then again so we’re most in Europe
Login to get fewer ads

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:00 - Feb 12 with 3850 viewsPatfromPoole

Get your money on Jess Thorup if you can find a site that will accept the bet.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:16 - Feb 12 with 3818 viewskingslandstand1

Marsch 1:3 at the moment - scary
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:24 - Feb 12 with 3801 viewspjt50

Given where we are I'd go with that.

To be fair Leeds didn't have much luck with injuries. Bamford was a big miss for them. A bit like if we'd lost Che Adams.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:30 - Feb 12 with 3794 viewsSouthamptonfan

He pulled off a great escape with a PL side. What do we need?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:30]

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:41 - Feb 12 with 3760 viewsSonicBoom

He kept Leeds up last season.
He just got sacked cos he was taking them down this season. 2 wins in 17. How foes that make him good?
Also those saying we should have kept Ralph. Jesus, even Ralph had given up, he was done.
The issue is the owners who are obsessed with being the cleverest guys in the room.
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:45 - Feb 12 with 3757 viewsSouthamptonfan

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:41 - Feb 12 by SonicBoom

He kept Leeds up last season.
He just got sacked cos he was taking them down this season. 2 wins in 17. How foes that make him good?
Also those saying we should have kept Ralph. Jesus, even Ralph had given up, he was done.
The issue is the owners who are obsessed with being the cleverest guys in the room.

But there is noone else. This is the point that so many fans are missing. Poch won't come to a team bottom of the league and neither will anyone at his level. Steve Bruce no thanks. Big Sam at 67 years old, no thanks. Gallardo, maybe but hes never managed in England, can't speak English, never managed in the PL. Bielsa maybe but again he's 67. Gerrard the Scouser, no thanks. Jesse Marsh kept Leeds up, it was a great escape. He's passionate and energetic. He's the best of the bunch in my opinion.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:47]

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 22:48 - Feb 12 with 3660 viewscocklebreath

I’d be quite happy with him, he seems quite likeable unlike the last chump and his teams play decent football

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 02:39 - Feb 13 with 3583 viewsScoot

Why would we go for a manager that got sacked from our relegation rivals? Oh because we're saints and have short-sighted owners with tight purse strings.

Poll: Should NJ go?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 06:59 - Feb 13 with 3448 viewsdirk_doone

2/10

He failed at Montreal, he failed at RB Leipzig and he failed at Leeds. His record at Leeds (29.73% win rate) was worse than Ralph's record at Southampton (34.19%) and his record at RB Leipzig (38.10%) was much worse than Ralph's (48.19%). So, why would anyone think he'd be better than Ralph here???

The same red flags of previous failures are there that were there for Nathan Jones, only there are more of them.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 7:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 07:17 - Feb 13 with 3407 viewsdirk_doone

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 21:30 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

He pulled off a great escape with a PL side. What do we need?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:30]

Leeds weren't even in the bottom 3 when he took over in February.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 7:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 07:58 - Feb 13 with 3325 viewsChesham_Saint

0/10

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 08:16 - Feb 13 with 3296 viewsCCSFC

7/10

No point comparing win %'s of managers who managed the same clubs in my opinion, doesnt tell you anything.
One manager will have a way of playing that is much more effective for one squad of players than it would be with another. Nothing to show either way that Marsch's way of playing will or wont be exactly suited to the players we have, just like it obviously wasnt working with the current Leeds squad for him (a lack of a striker didnt help him).

End of the day you dont know how well a manager will do at any club, just like you dont know how well a player will do.

I will carry on hoping.....

Poll: How many 'West Ham interested in....' News stories will we see by deadline day?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 08:22 - Feb 13 with 3277 viewssaint22

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 02:39 - Feb 13 by Scoot

Why would we go for a manager that got sacked from our relegation rivals? Oh because we're saints and have short-sighted owners with tight purse strings.

THIS
He isnt what we need but I fear he is all we will get
They royally screwed up not paying Dyche what he wanted after firing Ralp, that said they should have spent in the summer like they have just done and then who knows

I can see it being Marsch or this Thorup chap, neither of whom are exactly what we need but as our owners are short sighted, you get what you pay for
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 3145 viewsScoot

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 08:22 - Feb 13 by saint22

THIS
He isnt what we need but I fear he is all we will get
They royally screwed up not paying Dyche what he wanted after firing Ralp, that said they should have spent in the summer like they have just done and then who knows

I can see it being Marsch or this Thorup chap, neither of whom are exactly what we need but as our owners are short sighted, you get what you pay for

0/10 he got sacked from another club fighting for their lives for a reason

Poll: Should NJ go?

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 3117 viewsMattFinish

I'm not liking many of the names linked
Definitely no to Marsh, Rooney, Gerrard, Dean Smith, Juric, Wilder

Yes to Gallardo, Rafa, Nuno, Pochettino and Postecoglu but the last two wouldn't join us

Not sure about Jess Thorup - I doubt whether many had even heard of him and he has a 35.71% win rate at FC Copenhagen which is like having a 35.71% at Celtic so not that impressive
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 11:28 - Feb 13 with 3059 viewsSteveMoron

7/10
How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 11:33 - Feb 13 with 3065 viewscocklebreath

How would you rate the appointment of Marsch (1/4 on tonight at Skybet)? on 10:52 - Feb 13 by MattFinish

I'm not liking many of the names linked
Definitely no to Marsh, Rooney, Gerrard, Dean Smith, Juric, Wilder

Yes to Gallardo, Rafa, Nuno, Pochettino and Postecoglu but the last two wouldn't join us

Not sure about Jess Thorup - I doubt whether many had even heard of him and he has a 35.71% win rate at FC Copenhagen which is like having a 35.71% at Celtic so not that impressive

WTF do people keep saying Rafa he’s been hopeless at his last 2 English clubs he’s past it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024