Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of quality 17:00 - Feb 25 with 3597 viewsSouthamptonfan

We can't keep blaming successive managers. I like Selles but nobody is a miracle worker. He brought on the subs because we weren't scoring or creating anything. I thought we set up well and we're quite compact. But we can't score. We don't have that quality we need (unless we get a free kick). They have again bought in young players from other leagues, that arn't proven at this level. I'm talking about a player that creates a goal from nothing because he's quality. West Ham buy Ings, who is proven and he scores two goals.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:03]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Lack of quality on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 3079 viewsdirk_doone

WE miss Ings up front, Tadic and Hojbjerg in midfield and Forster in goal. We've spent a lot of money on downgrading the team.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Lack of quality on 17:07 - Feb 25 with 3029 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of quality on 17:03 - Feb 25 by dirk_doone

WE miss Ings up front, Tadic and Hojbjerg in midfield and Forster in goal. We've spent a lot of money on downgrading the team.

Agreed. Bazunu is young and makes a lot of mistakes. I would also add we miss Romeu. We have downgraded the team with a philosophy of bringing in young players to develop. It hasn't and doesn't work. You need an Ings up front and it's as simple as that.

Lack of quality on 17:14 - Feb 25 with 2990 viewsBridders2

Lack of quality on 17:07 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

Agreed. Bazunu is young and makes a lot of mistakes. I would also add we miss Romeu. We have downgraded the team with a philosophy of bringing in young players to develop. It hasn't and doesn't work. You need an Ings up front and it's as simple as that.

Bazunu was blinded by Bednarek.
Lack of quality on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 2949 viewsgrumpy

It’s no good going on about Ings that’s water under the bridge.This season has been a disaster and we don’t deserve to stay in the Premiership.I was struck today by the lack of aggression and the subs were again ridiculous.
Lack of quality on 17:30 - Feb 25 with 2908 viewskingslandstand1

Lack of quality on 17:14 - Feb 25 by Bridders2

Who should have cleared it
Lack of quality on 17:34 - Feb 25 with 2887 views1885_SFC

Saints were great at Chelsea last week - but today's performance was every bit as reminiscent as the performances under Ralph in his latter days. Talk about reverting to type.

We lack quality alright - have done all season. We've been in the relegation zone since 5th November. We need an overhaul in the Summer... a serious overhaul.

Old School is Cool

Lack of quality on 17:38 - Feb 25 with 2859 viewsGRIM

Bednarek just let the ball go.
He should have blocked what was a very weak shot.
What was worrying about this result was the fact that Leeds were so much better than us all over the park.
Poor Ruben's Honeymoon didn't last long.
Lack of quality on 17:39 - Feb 25 with 2852 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of quality on 17:34 - Feb 25 by 1885_SFC

Saints were great at Chelsea last week - but today's performance was every bit as reminiscent as the performances under Ralph in his latter days. Talk about reverting to type.

We lack quality alright - have done all season. We've been in the relegation zone since 5th November. We need an overhaul in the Summer... a serious overhaul.

It's the fault of the board for bloating the squad with players that arn't good enough for the PL. Jones yes was dreadful as manager, but Ralph had his hands behind his back. The players just arn't of the required quality. They needed to go.out and spend 40 million on a striker in January. Instead it's more of the same ineffective players. This is all on the board and owners. They have completely c0cked up and their views about turning stones into gold are more suitable in a sci fi fantasy film.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of quality on 17:44 - Feb 25 with 2819 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of quality on 17:21 - Feb 25 by grumpy

It’s no good going on about Ings that’s water under the bridge.This season has been a disaster and we don’t deserve to stay in the Premiership.I was struck today by the lack of aggression and the subs were again ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure though that the managers demand aggression from the players, but they are young and very inconsistent. They just don't perform at the required level consistently enough. The top players in the PL do and that's what makes them expensive and quality.

Lack of quality on 17:47 - Feb 25 with 2809 viewsgrumpy

Lack of quality on 17:39 - Feb 25 by Southamptonfan

It's the fault of the board for bloating the squad with players that arn't good enough for the PL. Jones yes was dreadful as manager, but Ralph had his hands behind his back. The players just arn't of the required quality. They needed to go.out and spend 40 million on a striker in January. Instead it's more of the same ineffective players. This is all on the board and owners. They have completely c0cked up and their views about turning stones into gold are more suitable in a sci fi fantasy film.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:41]

Needed to spend big at the start of the Season not in January. Those subs today has finished me off thinking we might survive. Just want this season over now.
Lack of quality on 17:57 - Feb 25 with 2762 viewssaintpaz

Bazunu looked dodge all game, flapping left, right and centre. Shouldn't be a number 1 at this stage of his career that is clear
Lack of quality on 17:59 - Feb 25 with 2755 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of quality on 17:57 - Feb 25 by saintpaz

Bazunu looked dodge all game, flapping left, right and centre. Shouldn't be a number 1 at this stage of his career that is clear

And we already had Forster in place
Instead we decide to waste 15 million, to give us a worse goalkeeper than we had before.

Lack of quality on 18:10 - Feb 25 with 2706 viewskingslandstand1

Lack of quality on 17:47 - Feb 25 by grumpy

Needed to spend big at the start of the Season not in January. Those subs today has finished me off thinking we might survive. Just want this season over now.

"Needed to spend big at the start of the Season not in January"

But they would have spent the money on the same players, and we'd have been in the mire a lot earlier!
Lack of quality on 18:17 - Feb 25 with 2694 viewsgrumpy

Lack of quality on 18:10 - Feb 25 by kingslandstand1

"Needed to spend big at the start of the Season not in January"

But they would have spent the money on the same players, and we'd have been in the mire a lot earlier!

But they would have spent the money on the same players
Lack of quality on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 2500 viewsLondonSaint76

Lack of quality on 17:34 - Feb 25 by 1885_SFC

Agreed 1885 - and that overhaul needs to include the boardroom. As far as I am concerned *ankersen needs his backside kicking out of our Club, his ridiculous recruitment policies are slowly but surely helping to drag this club down through the relegation trap door.
So, we reset and go again next weekend - although things are bleak all we can do is hope and pray we can do something similar to what Sunderland managed to do a couple of times like the 2015/16 season when they only lost once in their last 11 games.
Beginning to really clutch at straws now...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Lack of quality on 19:48 - Feb 25 with 2462 viewsSonicBoom

I think we've recruited players with potential. Some of them have great potential.
They may be brilliant players in 2 or 3 seasons. Unfortunately buying potential means by the time they reach their level we'll either be relegated or they'll be playing for someone else anyway.
Lack of quality on 21:15 - Feb 25 with 2358 viewshedgeend61

Most of our lot are not good enough really, bar maybe one or two, none would get into any top half Premier league side.
Poor keeper, defenders who can't defend, midfield create very little and strikers rarely score the scraps on offer.

Looking back, perhaps Ralph overachieved with the hand he was given, Pep or Klopp would struggle to keep these lightweight bluffers up tbh.

Maybe Ronnie O'Sullivan should take over for the rest of the season,
cos we need plenty of snookers after today.
Lack of quality on 21:38 - Feb 25 with 2317 viewsgrumpy

Lack of quality on 21:15 - Feb 25 by hedgeend61

Most of our lot are not good enough really, bar maybe one or two, none would get into any top half Premier league side.
Poor keeper, defenders who can't defend, midfield create very little and strikers rarely score the scraps on offer.

Looking back, perhaps Ralph overachieved with the hand he was given, Pep or Klopp would struggle to keep these lightweight bluffers up tbh.

Maybe Ronnie O'Sullivan should take over for the rest of the season,
cos we need plenty of snookers after today.

I really getting tired of hearing how are players are not good enough.
Today was typical of this season.
Team Selection and the ability to change the game.
Take today for instance
Why is Elyounoussi keeping his place,he contributes little.
Maitland-Niles never looks interested to me.
Bednarek is simply not good enough.
Why are Alcaraz and Walker-Peters kept on the bench?
And our use of subs is laughable if it wasn't so tragic, Walcott shouldn't even be on the bench ,Diallo and Mara must be totally confused as what they are supposed to do.
After the Chelsea game I was upbeat as much as I am downbeat today.
Let this season be over, its torture.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 21:39]
Lack of quality on 22:06 - Feb 25 with 2243 viewshedgeend61

Lack of quality on 21:38 - Feb 25 by grumpy

Take today for instance
And our use of subs is laughable if it wasn't so tragic, Walcott shouldn't even be on the bench ,Diallo and Mara must be totally confused as what they are supposed to do.

You may get tired of hearing they're not good enough, but the fact is most aren't good enough for the PL are they? how many would get in a top half PL side, 1 or 2?

And if we get relegated, how many will get signed by another PL club, 3 or 4 maybe ?
Lack of quality on 22:07 - Feb 25 with 2237 viewssaint22

Lack of quality on 21:38 - Feb 25 by grumpy

Take today for instance

THIS
Lack of quality on 22:20 - Feb 25 with 2206 viewsgrumpy

Lack of quality on 22:06 - Feb 25 by hedgeend61

You may get tired of hearing they're not good enough, but the fact is most aren't good enough for the PL are they? how many would get in a top half PL side, 1 or 2?

And if we get relegated, how many will get signed by another PL club, 3 or 4 maybe ?

Good players have gone backwards this season.
Lack of quality on 23:09 - Feb 25 with 2133 viewssledger

the lack of quality is obvious more worrying is the lack of aggression and will to win,common denominator the same bunch of wasters
Lack of quality on 01:45 - Feb 26 with 2054 viewsRipleys_revenge

I actually felt like we were starting to get to grips with the game in the second half from about 55/60 mins. I think the game plan may have been to let Leeds blow themselves out with the residual chaos-ball tactics likely still stuck in their system from Marsch’s time and then gradually exert control. And, although we weren’t creating anything, we started to gain more possession and we’re getting ourselves further up the pitch.

For about 5 or 10 minutes. And then they scored (not even gonna start on tht goal, what a truly abysmal collection of errors). And then we folded and sat on our hands and said please referee can you blow the whistle now I’m feeling a bit tired. Frustrating doesn’t cover it and this result will probably rubber stamp relegation. Kills morale and any positivity we had built up has just come to a shuddering halt. F@cking hell saints
Lack of quality on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 1814 viewskentsouthampton

It's like watching stop the pigeon.
Lack of quality on 11:22 - Feb 26 with 1746 viewsTripleNiemi

Lack of quality on 10:10 - Feb 26 by kentsouthampton

It's like watching stop the pigeon.

Always preferred Dastardly and Muttley in the Wacky Races…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024