Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a difference a win makes 19:49 - Mar 4 with 4241 viewsdirk_doone

Only 3 points separate the bottom 6.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What a difference a win makes on 19:53 - Mar 4 with 3490 viewsButty101

Let’s not kid ourselves that was a very jammy win. Maybe we are due a break though

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What a difference a win makes on 20:00 - Mar 4 with 3459 viewsJellybaby

What a difference a win makes on 19:53 - Mar 4 by Butty101

Let’s not kid ourselves that was a very jammy win. Maybe we are due a break though

Well for once there was no catastrophic comedic defending from our back 4, just the Goalie was a bit of a nightmare again.....

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

What a difference a win makes on 20:00 - Mar 4 with 3455 viewsdirk_doone

What a difference a win makes on 19:53 - Mar 4 by Butty101

There are 9 teams now whose fans think they are probably going to be relegated. I'm sure that even if you go to 12th placed Palace's messageboard, they'll be worried about relegation now. (I've just had a look at their messageboard and they are). Maybe we'll be one of the lucky ones to stay up. That win gives the players and the fans some hope.

What a difference a win makes on 20:06 - Mar 4 with 3422 viewsLondonSaint76

Absolutely, what a difference it makes. I just hope Alcaraz has not done any further damage to his knee by running around on the injury either side of HT trying to show he was OK to carry on, I can understand why he was desperate to stay on, but....
Also, glad I paid for Iheanacho to attend the one day course at the Adam Armstrong School of Finishing on Thursday, seems to have paid dividends!!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

What a difference a win makes on 20:18 - Mar 4 with 3373 viewsdirk_doone

Remarkably, 4 of our 6 league wins this season have come against 2 teams and there's still the possibilty of doing the double over Bournemouth as well.

What a difference a win makes on 20:37 - Mar 4 with 3290 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

What a difference a win makes on 20:06 - Mar 4 by LondonSaint76

Absolutely, what a difference it makes. I just hope Alcaraz has not done any further damage to his knee by running around on the injury either side of HT trying to show he was OK to carry on, I can understand why he was desperate to stay on, but....
Also, glad I paid for Iheanacho to attend the one day course at the Adam Armstrong School of Finishing on Thursday, seems to have paid dividends!!

I have always thought, that a knee slide , was asking for trouble - but they will still carry on.... madness or mindless, and with you with A.A why play him?

Will we ever get a settled winning side ? Who has the hat to put the names in?

Anyway the 3 pooints - has given us more time.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

What a difference a win makes on 20:38 - Mar 4 with 3284 viewsGRIM

Just hope we haven't used all of our luck up in this game because we're going to need plenty of it in remaining games.
A critical 3 points but not very convincing.
Ruben has cloned Ralph with his substitutions.
When AA & SM came on we were so much worse, they are just not good enough, neither of them can hold the ball up so we are constantly under pressure & we were lucky not to concede at least a couple of goals.
But let's be thankful for the 3 points.
What a difference a win makes on 20:39 - Mar 4 with 3281 viewsgraveworm

Got to be honest
We are shocking
However what was more surprising is how brutal Leicester were
There’s no doubt against decent team we would be destroyed
We are so open defensively, it’s untrue
I’m afraid that we look clueless
However where there’s life there’s hope

A win is a win,
So I guess the dream is still alive
Login to get fewer ads

What a difference a win makes on 20:43 - Mar 4 with 3274 viewsmushinexile

If this is the dream, I'm laying off the cheese before bedtime!
What a difference a win makes on 21:00 - Mar 4 with 3221 viewsgrumpy

Saints are not good for my blood pressure
What a difference a win makes on 22:02 - Mar 4 with 3073 viewsGRIM

What a difference a win makes on 21:00 - Mar 4 by grumpy

Saints are not good for my blood pressure

Their games should come with a Health Warning !.
What a difference a win makes on 22:36 - Mar 4 with 2989 viewskingslandstand1

What a difference a win makes on 20:00 - Mar 4 by Jellybaby

Well for once there was no catastrophic comedic defending from our back 4, just the Goalie was a bit of a nightmare again.....

And what is it with this playing from the back from a goal kick? We are just not good enough but got away with it
What a difference a win makes on 22:54 - Mar 4 with 2958 viewsgrumpy

What a difference a win makes on 22:36 - Mar 4 by kingslandstand1

And what is it with this playing from the back from a goal kick? We are just not good enough but got away with it

I think the idea is to keep possession. The trouble is we don’t do it very well. The goalkeeper looks very suspect because he passes to our players who are clearly marked close to our goal ,if they lose the ball we are in trouble .
What a difference a win makes on 23:32 - Mar 4 with 2904 viewsSonicBoom

We were very lucky but you take what you can get in our position.
I have to say though, how much worse does Bazunu have to get before we take him out the firing line?
Hes so unconvincing and that desperate flap in the last minute handed Leicester an open goal. How they didn't score I'll never know.
What a difference a win makes on 00:20 - Mar 5 with 2839 viewskingslandstand1

What a difference a win makes on 23:32 - Mar 4 by SonicBoom

I have to say though, how much worse does Bazunu have to get before we take him out the firing line?
Hes so unconvincing and that desperate flap in the last minute handed Leicester an open goal. How they didn't score I'll never know.

This. We all commented on that at the end, but 3 points is 3 points and we need them!

Forest to win tomorrow or a draw?
What a difference a win makes on 00:21 - Mar 5 with 2834 viewskingslandstand1

What a difference a win makes on 22:54 - Mar 4 by grumpy

I think the idea is to keep possession. The trouble is we don’t do it very well. The goalkeeper looks very suspect because he passes to our players who are clearly marked close to our goal ,if they lose the ball we are in trouble .

Exactly. We all panic each time they play that way
What a difference a win makes on 00:26 - Mar 5 with 2829 viewsRipleys_revenge

That tackle by lavia that led to our goal was absolutely superb. What a player he is
What a difference a win makes on 07:28 - Mar 5 with 2598 viewsUlsterBaz

It’s the hope that kills you.
What a difference a win makes on 07:28 - Mar 5 with 2598 viewsmushinexile

A goal from open play!
What a difference a win makes on 08:04 - Mar 5 with 2541 viewssaint22

agree with this, I have been one to et him have his chance but I feel he is a 'goal a game' keeper and almost proved me right with that flap at the last
He also doest seem the biggest

Interesting McCarthy wasn't on the bench either, us not addressing our keeper issue for how many seasons is a big reason for our struggles
What a difference a win makes on 08:08 - Mar 5 with 2541 views1teeminants

What a difference a win makes on 07:28 - Mar 5 by mushinexile

A goal from open play!

Tremendous result but we have a horrendous run in so we’re going to need some shocks against top clubs.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What a difference a win makes on 08:12 - Mar 5 with 2537 views1teeminants

Agree I’ve been saying for a while Bazunu needs a break .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What a difference a win makes on 08:19 - Mar 5 with 2517 viewscocklebreath

What a difference a win makes on 08:12 - Mar 5 by 1teeminants

Agree I’ve been saying for a while Bazunu needs a break .

They had 0 shots on target but he nearly let 3 I’m. Terrible goalie but the hope has returned

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What a difference a win makes on 08:47 - Mar 5 with 2477 viewsDorsetIan

I agree that we were very lucky and Bazuna is full of mistakes but I think him giving the ball straight to Iheanacho was the worse.

The flap at the end...perhaps he did enough to put of the striker enough to make him hit the bar.

A good goal though. Only spoilt (again) by VAR and the officials not understanding what ‚level‘ means - you don’t need 2 minutes and those lines to see that he was level.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What a difference a win makes on 10:00 - Mar 5 with 2367 viewsgrumpy

The euphoria felt after the Chelsea result was tempered for me by Selles use of substitutes.
His team selections.tactics and use of substitutes worries me.
How Leicester didn't score I will never know, Iheanacho should have had a hat trick.
Great to see 3 points as it keeps us in touch but I'm not sure Selles is the man to keep us up,
Hope I'm wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024