Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 17:36 - Sep 8 with 6091 viewsaston_hoop

Moves to the Ireland senior squad! Yes, delighted for him

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/september/08/sinclair-armstrong-earns-first-seni

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:38 - Sep 8 with 4342 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yeah, but you'd take £45m with add-ons and a sell-on clause.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:46 - Sep 8 with 4301 viewsNorthernr

Amazing. The thought of him charging Van Dijk is beautiful.

Might be time to expedite that contract.
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 4285 viewsMick_S

Good lad. We’ve got one. Carry on mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:53 - Sep 8 with 4231 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Good lad. Would love to see him make an appearance. Good luck to the Irish on Sunday.
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:54 - Sep 8 with 4241 viewsHAYESBOY

Stick him on an 8 year deal..............................with a year option.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:58 - Sep 8 with 4204 viewsTomS

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:46 - Sep 8 by Northernr

I'm going to the match and would love to see him given the chance to do that.
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:19 - Sep 8 with 4115 viewsflynnbo

Great news. Just goes to show that some players will benefit more from being around the first team rather than constantly going out on loan. Even Harry Kane 's goals to games ratio whilst on loan weren't anything special.

Well done Sinclair and best of luck.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 18:25]
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:20 - Sep 8 with 4107 viewsconnell10

Brilliant news 👏

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:39 - Sep 8 with 4027 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent.

I really can't see him getting a run-out but the experience should be great, plus it might help us convince him to sign an extension.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:46 - Sep 8 with 3989 viewsPunteR

EXACTLY THIS.

I watched one of the latest Ben Fosters podcast clips where he talks about well run clubs know when to extend the players contracts and they have to get in there first before their heads get turned. He said once a players head gets turned, it game over. He was bigging up Brighton and how well run they are.
I thought to myself this is where we go wrong so many times.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:50 - Sep 8 with 3982 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:46 - Sep 8 by PunteR

EXACTLY THIS.

I watched one of the latest Ben Fosters podcast clips where he talks about well run clubs know when to extend the players contracts and they have to get in there first before their heads get turned. He said once a players head gets turned, it game over. He was bigging up Brighton and how well run they are.
I thought to myself this is where we go wrong so many times.

We are pretty poor at that, and Sinclair’s agent has been punting silly stories around from the moment he got here. But let’s focus on the positive for now.
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:03 - Sep 8 with 3902 viewsPaddyhoops

Delighted for him . Smyth, I don’t think git a minute for a piss poor Norn Iron team.
Sad as he’s been great for us.
Apologies if I’m wrong about that.
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:11 - Sep 8 with 3869 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:50 - Sep 8 by Northernr

We are pretty poor at that, and Sinclair’s agent has been punting silly stories around from the moment he got here. But let’s focus on the positive for now.

when they have tried to extend deals early they've been rejected a fair few times. Manning, Bright, Willock even Eze they tried to tie all of those down and they all said no. That's part of how you sell the club as a development one they are not going to want to stay for 5/6 years unless they have to.

Sinclair is well worth trying to do though and they have a decent chance with a pay rise of getting him to extend, it's unlikely to harm his chances of a move if he has a good season, clubs are desperate for players with his attributes
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:14 - Sep 8 with 3859 viewsQPROslo

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:03 - Sep 8 by Paddyhoops

Delighted for him . Smyth, I don’t think git a minute for a piss poor Norn Iron team.
Sad as he’s been great for us.
Apologies if I’m wrong about that.

BBC had Smyth coming on after 76 minutes and not being able to get on the end of an Evan's knockdown.
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:53 - Sep 8 with 3755 viewspaulparker

Any budget we do have has to go on this guys contract , this boy is going to be worth millions in a couple of years time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:50 - Sep 8 with 3518 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:11 - Sep 8 by daveB

when they have tried to extend deals early they've been rejected a fair few times. Manning, Bright, Willock even Eze they tried to tie all of those down and they all said no. That's part of how you sell the club as a development one they are not going to want to stay for 5/6 years unless they have to.

Sinclair is well worth trying to do though and they have a decent chance with a pay rise of getting him to extend, it's unlikely to harm his chances of a move if he has a good season, clubs are desperate for players with his attributes

Willock you’re right. Eze did renew his deal and we then did right by him as had been agreed when he signed. Manning and BOS we should have renewed in the McClaren year, but he didn’t like them so we left it even though DOF and CEO liked them. then Warbs picked them and they were brilliant but by that point their deals were close to ending, they were playing well and they knew their value was north of the £10k a week ceiling we were sticking to at that point. I’d be ok with that if we then hadn’t obliterated that ceiling for Austin, Johansen, Gray etc.

I think, as per the qpr attitude in general, we’re often too busy carving out every last piece of budget for a new shiny signing, leaving no budget space to retain what few good things we do have. Everybody is thrilled that we’ve plugged a leaky dam with Cook, Colback, Fox etc, because we’ve won a couple of games, and I am too. But if that money means we can’t make an attractive, timely contract offer here…

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:58 - Sep 8 with 3492 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:50 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Willock you’re right. Eze did renew his deal and we then did right by him as had been agreed when he signed. Manning and BOS we should have renewed in the McClaren year, but he didn’t like them so we left it even though DOF and CEO liked them. then Warbs picked them and they were brilliant but by that point their deals were close to ending, they were playing well and they knew their value was north of the £10k a week ceiling we were sticking to at that point. I’d be ok with that if we then hadn’t obliterated that ceiling for Austin, Johansen, Gray etc.

I think, as per the qpr attitude in general, we’re often too busy carving out every last piece of budget for a new shiny signing, leaving no budget space to retain what few good things we do have. Everybody is thrilled that we’ve plugged a leaky dam with Cook, Colback, Fox etc, because we’ve won a couple of games, and I am too. But if that money means we can’t make an attractive, timely contract offer here…

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's the point. We consistently sabotage the long term for a short fix.
If we had signed Boz and Manning to 4 year deals plus the Hoos 1 year special under McClaren, then we'd be sitting pretty. But no consistency.

Armstrong will play this and next season and then leave on a free. It's what we do.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:08 - Sep 8 with 3463 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:58 - Sep 8 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That's the point. We consistently sabotage the long term for a short fix.
If we had signed Boz and Manning to 4 year deals plus the Hoos 1 year special under McClaren, then we'd be sitting pretty. But no consistency.

Armstrong will play this and next season and then leave on a free. It's what we do.

But, also, to play devils advocate to my own point, they put Nico on a 4 year contract as a first team graduate who had impressed on senior international duty v France etc and got absolute pelters. Similarly Kakay, who is very decent utility back up and was tied down to a good, relatively cheap deal and they get stick for that.

So I do sympathise in some regards. But in general our retainment is almost as lousy as our recruitment of late.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:22 - Sep 8 with 3404 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I posted this on the International Rs thread that I would die laughing watching Armstrong try and run by Van Dijk and Ake if he got called up haha.
Of course like Brian says there is no chance he will play sadly despite the lack of any strikers for ROI this week .
Nothing would energize the Irish fans more that a bull running free and even if he did not score he would be a breath of fresh air .
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:11 - Sep 8 with 3297 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have no knowledge of how the football transfer and contract world works past Football Manager, but why is the club selling me Sinclair Armstrong on all social media fronts? It’s really over the top.

Yeah he’s great and I’m a big fan, but why are you trying to promote him to me? I’m already convinced!

I’m sure there is a good reason, maybe as basic as milking a success story, but doesn’t this arm him and his agent ahead of contract talks?
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:57 - Sep 8 with 3172 viewsLblock

Remember when he came to the UK as a proper young teenager he had Man City sniffing (allegedly)

Since I saw him play his first minute for us I could see why
Big
Pacey
Athletic
Not scared of nuddng and no-one

He’ll be a player for sure

However….we’re talking about a kid who has to his name; far as I know; one pro level goal and two pro level assists??????
Can we please just let him develop????
Loving the fact he’s beasting older more experienced CB’s but give him time and coaching and who knows where he’ll be

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sinclair Armstrong on 03:09 - Sep 9 with 3083 viewsMatch82

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:50 - Sep 8 by Northernr

I may be wrong, but didn't we sign him to an extension last year? Sure, a 3 or 4 year extension would have been nicer but at least we did a thally get a deal done where we have an additional year compared to what we would have had otherwise?
Sinclair Armstrong on 07:44 - Sep 9 with 2927 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 03:09 - Sep 9 by Match82

I may be wrong, but didn't we sign him to an extension last year? Sure, a 3 or 4 year extension would have been nicer but at least we did a thally get a deal done where we have an additional year compared to what we would have had otherwise?

yeah he's signed till 2025
Sinclair Armstrong on 07:53 - Sep 9 with 2903 viewsstevec

Sinclair Armstrong on 23:11 - Sep 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I have no knowledge of how the football transfer and contract world works past Football Manager, but why is the club selling me Sinclair Armstrong on all social media fronts? It’s really over the top.

Yeah he’s great and I’m a big fan, but why are you trying to promote him to me? I’m already convinced!

I’m sure there is a good reason, maybe as basic as milking a success story, but doesn’t this arm him and his agent ahead of contract talks?

Marketing. You take your best and potentially most lucrative product and promote it.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:21 - Sep 9 with 2823 viewsdmm

Sinclair Armstrong on 07:53 - Sep 9 by stevec

Marketing. You take your best and potentially most lucrative product and promote it.

Indeed, and how would we all feel if we accepted a big fee for Sinclair next summer? I guess it would all depend on the size of the fee but this is the game we have to play to survive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024