Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SFC Players With Sad Endings 08:03 - Sep 13 with 2410 viewsChesham_Saint

Given the recent top three of Saints loyal foreigner players, I think those who were injured whilst at SFC and were never the same again need a respectful listing.

So,

1. Steve Mills (very tragic, early death as well).
2. Ronnie Ekelund (such a great player that one season with MLT).
3. Michael Svensson (injury warming up at the skate shit hole and never the same again).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 13:30 - Sep 13 with 2261 viewssoulman64

Jay Rodriguez
SFC Players With Sad Endings on 13:47 - Sep 13 with 2239 viewsPatfromPoole

I think MLT had a number of niggly injuries which hastened his retirement.

That said, I’m not sure he was cut out for the high intensity style of Strachan.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 15:51 - Sep 13 with 2175 viewssaints__fan__73

Jhon Viafara
Ulrich Van Gobbel

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 18:46 - Sep 13 with 2110 viewsgrumpy

Cilff Huxford
SFC Players With Sad Endings on 09:54 - Sep 14 with 1911 viewssaints__fan__73

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 18:46 - Sep 13 by grumpy

Cilff Huxford

Wasn't he in The Cosby Show?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 11:15 - Sep 14 with 1870 viewsdirk_doone

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 09:54 - Sep 14 by saints__fan__73

Wasn't he in The Cosby Show?

A very sad ending indeed.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 14:04 - Sep 14 with 1805 viewsDENZY

Dean Richards

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 14:40 - Sep 14 with 1793 viewsprofessor_peach

Kevin Moore
Login to get fewer ads

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 15:22 - Sep 14 with 1775 viewsLondonSaint76

Bobby Stokes, both sad to see how few games he played for Saints post Wembley 76 and so very sad to hear that he died at the age of 44 years and 4 months to the day. Bobby like many other players from that era didn’t finish their playing days financially set up for life so ended up working in a cafe.
Found this good article again recently, mainly about the 76 Final - a good reminisce with a couple of memories recalled by Lawrie Mac I didn’t know about until reading this - see the link below
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/25/lawrie-mcmenemy-southampton-man

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 00:28 - Sep 15 with 1570 viewsChesham_Saint

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 15:22 - Sep 14 by LondonSaint76

Bobby Stokes, both sad to see how few games he played for Saints post Wembley 76 and so very sad to hear that he died at the age of 44 years and 4 months to the day. Bobby like many other players from that era didn’t finish their playing days financially set up for life so ended up working in a cafe.
Found this good article again recently, mainly about the 76 Final - a good reminisce with a couple of memories recalled by Lawrie Mac I didn’t know about until reading this - see the link below
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/25/lawrie-mcmenemy-southampton-man

That was sad. Stokesy was I believe, born in PortsMouth and sadly ended his days serving skate and chips to er, the Skates.

But he there’s been a few others…

Malcolm Waldron, Ron Davies and then, most tragically, one of our all time heroes, Micky Channon.

Which is why, despite what that fishy tvvat Poirot says, MLT deserves our undying football adoration for never prostituting himself by turning out for those skanky blue few cvnts.

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 09:27 - Sep 15 with 1480 viewsSaintNick

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 13:30 - Sep 13 by soulman64

Jay Rodriguez

Not sure that Jay Rodriguez has had a sad ending.

After his injury he was out for a few seasons and had a few setbacks, but in the 6 seasons since he left Saints in 2017 he has played 4 of them in the Premier League and two in the Championship, last year he got 10 goals in 28 games.

This season he is still a part of the Burnley squad and made a Premier League appearance off the bench.

Perhaps he has not become the player that he might well have become and the injury put him back, but he has still had a good long career mainly in the top flight since leaving Saints.

At 34 he can be well satisfied with his career.

He is perhaps a player to remember that in his first season he was not a fans favourite, only 6 goals and some fans on his back, but his second season saw him become the main striker at St Mary's overtaking Ricky Lambert.

A real case for giving players time to adjust before judging them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 11:27 - Sep 15 with 1455 viewsericofarabia

We never got to say farewell to Ossie after he flattened that cahunt Bailey at Blackburn.
Dont think he played for us again after that Red Card ☹
SFC Players With Sad Endings on 16:16 - Sep 15 with 1414 viewskingslandstand1

Didn't Steve Moran suffer a not quite career ending injury, but was never the same on return
SFC Players With Sad Endings on 23:15 - Sep 15 with 1310 viewsChesham_Saint

SFC Players With Sad Endings on 16:16 - Sep 15 by kingslandstand1

Didn't Steve Moran suffer a not quite career ending injury, but was never the same on return

Yes, a back injury I think.

Here’s another. Richard Hall was an excellent centre half for us, moved to West Ham with an injury and hardly played again. A real shame as he reminded me a bit of Bobby Moore in his style of play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024