Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance Tonight 12:53 - Feb 6 with 1942 viewsSaintNick

From what i have seen we have sold only around 12,500 tickets in the home sections for this evening, plus corporate areas which might at a push give us 13,000 tickets sold.

Watford took an initial allocation of only around 2,200, I am not sure if they sold these or asked for any more, certainly Saints haven't put the other block of the away section to make up the 2,800 normal allocation on sale at all.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Attendance Tonight on 16:03 - Feb 6 with 1788 viewskingslandstand1

Sounding a bit like you now Nick, but I'd have thought it would be a few more than that given current form/results, but then listening to RM on Talksport this morning he highlighted the number of games coming up over the next few weeks - 2 games a week inc a Wednesday followed by a Friday I believe - he's bound to rest a few
Attendance Tonight on 16:25 - Feb 6 with 1762 viewsSaintNick

Attendance Tonight on 16:03 - Feb 6 by kingslandstand1

Sounding a bit like you now Nick, but I'd have thought it would be a few more than that given current form/results, but then listening to RM on Talksport this morning he highlighted the number of games coming up over the next few weeks - 2 games a week inc a Wednesday followed by a Friday I believe - he's bound to rest a few

True but 3 out of the 4 are away so not many home games

Attendance Tonight on 16:34 - Feb 6 with 1733 viewsA1079

As much as I would like to go to all games I simply cannot afford it.

With so many other pressures and so many games I am having to be a little bit selective. I realise that does not make me as good as an Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, Man U fan etc but may be I have other priorities.

You could argue that if a club are not taking the cup seriously then is it not a surprise that fans now may see it as less of a priority - though personal opinion for what it is worth, I am a huge fan of the cups and I do not like the attitude clubs now have towards them.
Attendance Tonight on 16:53 - Feb 6 with 1705 viewsSouthamptonfan

Attendance Tonight on 16:34 - Feb 6 by A1079

As much as I would like to go to all games I simply cannot afford it.

With so many other pressures and so many games I am having to be a little bit selective. I realise that does not make me as good as an Everton, West Ham, Liverpool, Man U fan etc but may be I have other priorities.

You could argue that if a club are not taking the cup seriously then is it not a surprise that fans now may see it as less of a priority - though personal opinion for what it is worth, I am a huge fan of the cups and I do not like the attitude clubs now have towards them.

Totally hear what you're saying. I have a ST, I go to most away game but as you say, and I understand why, but we wil play a reserve team tonight. A trip to Liverpool if we win tonight and we will probably play reserves again. Those thinking we can test ourselves against a PL team will be disappointed. The players who get us there won't just be dropped and thrown out because we are playing Liverpool. We will get knocked out up there. I hope I'm wrong. But thee just seems like an air of what's the point for tonight's game. Getting promoted is the be all and end all this season in my opinion. And your point about cost is relevant. I want to go to most of the remaining Away games and can't afford it all. Tonight is the game to dip out.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Attendance Tonight on 17:19 - Feb 6 with 1645 viewsTimSaint

Tuesday 13th and Friday 16th Feb are the Bristol City and West Brom away games.
The WBA game was put back to the Friday for TV.
No way would we play Wednesday - Friday.

TimSaint

Attendance Tonight on 18:10 - Feb 6 with 1522 views1ASIN12

Unfortunately now the FA Cup has lost its appeal , and even more so now we are a championship side .

Most teams ,including us change the team couple that with an unattractive tie against Liverpool for the winners im not surprised both teams have not sold out .

I can imagine both clubs wouldn’t be too fussed to go out the cup tonight.
Attendance Tonight on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 1478 viewshedgeend61

Attendance Tonight on 17:19 - Feb 6 by TimSaint

Tuesday 13th and Friday 16th Feb are the Bristol City and West Brom away games.
The WBA game was put back to the Friday for TV.
No way would we play Wednesday - Friday.

You're right, RM did say Wed-Fri though on the radio.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1707199200/1707208200/

edit 24 min
[Post edited 6 Feb 18:25]
Attendance Tonight on 18:30 - Feb 6 with 1447 viewsgrumpy

Attendance Tonight on 18:10 - Feb 6 by 1ASIN12

Unfortunately now the FA Cup has lost its appeal , and even more so now we are a championship side .

Most teams ,including us change the team couple that with an unattractive tie against Liverpool for the winners im not surprised both teams have not sold out .

I can imagine both clubs wouldn’t be too fussed to go out the cup tonight.

I think its a shame.
Saints have more chance of winning a Cup than anything else.
Come a cup tie with a big club anything can happen as it did with us and Man U in 76 ,Sunderland in 73 against Leeds, Wigan against Man City 2013,Coventry v Spurs 87,Wimbeldon against Liverpool 88.
Login to get fewer ads

Attendance Tonight on 18:54 - Feb 6 with 1401 viewskernow

Television would certainly depress the attendance.
That said, I imagine Home Park packed out this evening.
I don’t get this attitude of some about the FA Cup.
We’ll get knocked out by Liverpool anyway, someone said. Assuming we progress to that stage.
Ok so what ?!
Ilove the magic of the Cup.
Attendance Tonight on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 1362 viewsdirk_doone

Attendance Tonight on 18:30 - Feb 6 by grumpy

I think its a shame.
Come a cup tie with a big club anything can happen as it did with us and Man U in 76 ,Sunderland in 73 against Leeds, Wigan against Man City 2013,Coventry v Spurs 87,Wimbeldon against Liverpool 88.

We did have, until we got drawn against Liverpool away. At the moment, it's a toss up between Liverpool away, with Klopp in his final season there, and Man City away as to which is the hardest draw you could possibly get. If we'd had an easier, in fact any other draw, in the next round, there 'd probably have been a bigger crowd tonight.
[Post edited 6 Feb 19:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Attendance Tonight on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 1353 viewsLondonSaint76

I remember Sean Dyche saying in an interview that the best thing the team did the season they were going for promotion was to go out of the FA Cup in the 3rd Round as it gave them a mid-season mini-break as the 4th Round weekend was a blank weekend with no midweek games before or after. It enabled the players to have time off followed by warm weather training overseas. Everyone returned refreshed and recharged for the long slog to the finishing line.
As for the prize for winning tonight, as has been said in another post, I think there is a certain degree of what’s the point thinking from some of us. Even if by some miracle we got past Liverpool what would be next? Possibly Man U or Man City - if the first one doesn’t get you the next one will so what is the point is perhaps a fair question for some although personally I still love the magic of the Cup despite the fact the billionaire / Gulf State owners have ruined it for the rest of us.
I’d like us to win tonight and take the strongest team to Liverpool and give it a right go but as has been said in other posts promotion, preferably automatic, is the be all and end all, and yes, the schedule coming up is relentless.
[Post edited 6 Feb 19:23]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Attendance Tonight on 21:25 - Feb 6 with 1175 viewsmushinexile

Attendance Tonight on 19:07 - Feb 6 by LondonSaint76

I remember Sean Dyche saying in an interview that the best thing the team did the season they were going for promotion was to go out of the FA Cup in the 3rd Round as it gave them a mid-season mini-break as the 4th Round weekend was a blank weekend with no midweek games before or after. It enabled the players to have time off followed by warm weather training overseas. Everyone returned refreshed and recharged for the long slog to the finishing line.
As for the prize for winning tonight, as has been said in another post, I think there is a certain degree of what’s the point thinking from some of us. Even if by some miracle we got past Liverpool what would be next? Possibly Man U or Man City - if the first one doesn’t get you the next one will so what is the point is perhaps a fair question for some although personally I still love the magic of the Cup despite the fact the billionaire / Gulf State owners have ruined it for the rest of us.
I’d like us to win tonight and take the strongest team to Liverpool and give it a right go but as has been said in other posts promotion, preferably automatic, is the be all and end all, and yes, the schedule coming up is relentless.
[Post edited 6 Feb 19:23]

No; I want us to win them all. I don't believe that we cannot knock over the Scousers. If this is to be a great season (and it might be shaping up to be,) then I don't see an FA cup win as selling ourselves short, especially as if we do win it, I am sure that we would be good enough to go up.
Attendance Tonight on 23:33 - Feb 6 with 976 viewsSaintNick

Attendance Tonight on 18:30 - Feb 6 by grumpy

I think its a shame.

Since we won the Cup in 76 I think there have been just 4 clubs from outside the top flight that have reached the final and of those only 1, West Ham in 1980 have actually won it.

So our chances of winning a cup as a Championship side are actually not very good, even less when you think of the semi's when the big guns play their first sides

Attendance Tonight on 00:07 - Feb 7 with 932 viewsSalisburySaint

Just under 18,000 in the end, including only about 1,000 Watford, so pretty good
[Post edited 7 Feb 0:07]
Attendance Tonight on 08:21 - Feb 7 with 782 viewsSaintNick

Attendance Tonight on 00:07 - Feb 7 by SalisburySaint

Just under 18,000 in the end, including only about 1,000 Watford, so pretty good
[Post edited 7 Feb 0:07]

There were a lot of students in the Kingsland, so I think Saints have been proactive on this and done a bit of an advertising campaign at both universities

Attendance Tonight on 09:55 - Feb 7 with 677 viewsdirk_doone

Attendance Tonight on 23:33 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

Since we won the Cup in 76 I think there have been just 4 clubs from outside the top flight that have reached the final and of those only 1, West Ham in 1980 have actually won it.

So our chances of winning a cup as a Championship side are actually not very good, even less when you think of the semi's when the big guns play their first sides

Of course, a team's chance of winning the FA Cup is much higher if it's in the Premier League. That's one of the advantages of being in it. As you say, in the Premier League era, no team from outside the top flight has ever won it.

I just tried to find the last time a team from outside the top flight even knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup at Anfield but couldn't find any recent example.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Attendance Tonight on 13:59 - Feb 7 with 559 viewsTimSaint

Poor numbers from Watford last night and funny to see some of them departing once our second went in, then the exodus after the third.

Mind you, from memory, they only had 16,500 for the game at Vicarage Road, despite Saints taking 4,000 fans.

Let's hope we don't give them a full allocation come April.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024