Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When? 19:49 - Oct 8 with 4207 viewssaint22

What are the board waiting for?
Surely Not giving him until Next weekend?
When? on 19:56 - Oct 8 with 3057 viewsSouthamptonfan

As I said in the other thread, they are probably weighing up whether to wait until the WC break and see where we are then. Appoint a new guy now and they have to pay for him to do nothing for a couple of months as well as paying Ralph off. I bet it's f@cking money that's making them stall.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

When? on 20:15 - Oct 8 with 3003 viewssaint22

When? on 19:56 - Oct 8 by Southamptonfan

As I said in the other thread, they are probably weighing up whether to wait until the WC break and see where we are then. Appoint a new guy now and they have to pay for him to do nothing for a couple of months as well as paying Ralph off. I bet it's f@cking money that's making them stall.

That may be right but by then we could be bottom and it will cost a lot more if we go down
When? on 20:18 - Oct 8 with 2992 viewsSteveMoron

Tomorrow or Monday
When? on 20:31 - Oct 8 with 2950 viewsSouthamptonfan

When? on 20:18 - Oct 8 by SteveMoron

Tomorrow or Monday

They may do it this week, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hope we get a result next week, to save a bit more money and hope to drag it out until the WC. They don't want to f@cking pay him off unless they absolutely have to ( like being 5 points adrift).
[Post edited 8 Oct 2022 20:32]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

When? on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 2918 viewssaint68

When? on 20:18 - Oct 8 by SteveMoron

Tomorrow or Monday

I sincerely hope so!!

But I can't see it..the man has the club by the bollox..he can pretty much do what he likes at the moment..and get massively rewarded either way..what a shit situation to be dumped into..

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

When? on 21:06 - Oct 8 with 2875 viewsRon11

One of the most dangerous aspects of all this is that it's painfully obvious that most of the players do not want to work for him.
When? on 07:47 - Oct 9 with 2612 viewscocklebreath

When? on 20:42 - Oct 8 by saint68

I sincerely hope so!!

But I can't see it..the man has the club by the bollox..he can pretty much do what he likes at the moment..and get massively rewarded either way..what a shit situation to be dumped into..

How has he got the club by the Bollox? We were going to pay £32 million for a winger a month ago I’m sure they can find a few million to pay him off, more likely Nick has told the board if Ralph goes he’s going to close down this site, it’s spooked them.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

When? on 10:36 - Oct 9 with 2431 viewssledger

When? on 20:31 - Oct 8 by Southamptonfan

They may do it this week, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hope we get a result next week, to save a bit more money and hope to drag it out until the WC. They don't want to f@cking pay him off unless they absolutely have to ( like being 5 points adrift).
[Post edited 8 Oct 2022 20:32]

if hes still in charge we will never get another result,the players will see that this happens,as someone who goes to every game it is totally depressing and i feel a tw*t for still going to watch it,is that strong enough for our owners.
Login to get fewer ads

When? on 10:51 - Oct 9 with 2409 viewsgrumpy

Would you keep paying so much money to watch shows that are consistently so poor?
At the Dell we had so grim times but we knew we couldn't expect too much being a small club in a small ground, but now we have been in the Premiership for so long with the money that's generated from one of the richest leagues in the world we should be demanding more not just expecting to lose most games.
When? on 11:58 - Oct 9 with 2309 viewsGRIM

When? on 10:36 - Oct 9 by sledger

if hes still in charge we will never get another result,the players will see that this happens,as someone who goes to every game it is totally depressing and i feel a tw*t for still going to watch it,is that strong enough for our owners.

The incentive for Managers & players alike is "to fail".
They know that as long as they have long contracts they are financially OK.
There is no incentive to succeed.
When? on 12:16 - Oct 9 with 2276 viewsdwayne_dibley

They could put Selles in as caretaker until the end of January

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

When? on 12:58 - Oct 9 with 2208 viewskingslandstand1

When? on 11:58 - Oct 9 by GRIM

The incentive for Managers & players alike is "to fail".
They know that as long as they have long contracts they are financially OK.
There is no incentive to succeed.

Yes they are all financially secure anyway compared to the man in the street, but I'm guessing there must be pretty decent financial incentives on top of the basic in there to succeed should they not get the sack and actually either see the contract out or earn an extension?

And surely some of them have professional pride?
When? on 13:40 - Oct 9 with 2153 viewsGRIM

When? on 12:58 - Oct 9 by kingslandstand1

Yes they are all financially secure anyway compared to the man in the street, but I'm guessing there must be pretty decent financial incentives on top of the basic in there to succeed should they not get the sack and actually either see the contract out or earn an extension?

And surely some of them have professional pride?

Managers know that if they are sacked & want to get back into management they can get another job within a month.
Football management is not not like any other form of employment.
Also not sure that many of the managers /players have professional pride or appreciate how lucky they are.
The word " Mercenary " comes to mind.
When? on 16:23 - Oct 9 with 1954 viewsPoirot

its happening.
When? on 19:08 - Oct 9 with 1755 viewssaint22

When? on 16:23 - Oct 9 by Poirot

its happening.

I do hope you are ITK
The big question is do we have a good replacement ??
When? on 19:27 - Oct 9 with 1727 viewsfranniesTache

When? on 19:08 - Oct 9 by saint22

I do hope you are ITK
The big question is do we have a good replacement ??

There’s definitely been a meeting at the club today.
When? on 21:16 - Oct 9 with 1554 viewscocklebreath

When? on 19:27 - Oct 9 by franniesTache

There’s definitely been a meeting at the club today.

Give him 3 more games? I hope not but i reckon thats what they’ll do.

When? on 21:40 - Oct 9 with 1496 viewsElijahK

When? on 21:16 - Oct 9 by cocklebreath

Give him 3 more games? I hope not but i reckon thats what they’ll do.

Should be two more, but if we ain’t getting like 3/4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth then I do think we need a change. As having a look at the table, it’s only Leicester who’ve had more losses than us right now…
But the main thing that’s making me personally less desperate for him to get the sack is the question of who’ll take over? As if we were in Newcastle’s portion where we could get many decent mangers and don’t have to worry about their pay checks, then yeah fair enough, but we’re not, and with Ralph we won’t go down (but these days now that we have had some investment simply staying up ain’t good enough anymore), yet with someone else in charge we might…

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

When? on 21:43 - Oct 9 with 1489 viewscocklebreath

When? on 21:40 - Oct 9 by ElijahK

Should be two more, but if we ain’t getting like 3/4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth then I do think we need a change. As having a look at the table, it’s only Leicester who’ve had more losses than us right now…
But the main thing that’s making me personally less desperate for him to get the sack is the question of who’ll take over? As if we were in Newcastle’s portion where we could get many decent mangers and don’t have to worry about their pay checks, then yeah fair enough, but we’re not, and with Ralph we won’t go down (but these days now that we have had some investment simply staying up ain’t good enough anymore), yet with someone else in charge we might…

What makes you think we won’t go down with Ralph? Have you missed the last 20 games?

When? on 22:27 - Oct 9 with 1428 viewssaint22

When? on 21:40 - Oct 9 by ElijahK

“With Ralph we won’t go down”
Do me a favour!!?
Right now we are nailed on to go down and that’s his fault
Next you will be saying McCarthy is a good keeper
When? on 22:54 - Oct 9 with 1375 viewsElijahK

When? on 22:27 - Oct 9 by saint22

“With Ralph we won’t go down”
Do me a favour!!?
Right now we are nailed on to go down and that’s his fault
Next you will be saying McCarthy is a good keeper

Isn’t that exactly what you lot have been saying for the last like 4 years with him in charge? Many of you bedwetters were saying we would go down for the last few season, yet I still see us in the prem (like last season loads were saying we would, even though we were at like 38 points in like February or such). As we won’t go down under him, but wether we’ll finish like 17th or so, I could see happening, and for what we’ve now got, that ain’t good enough

When? on 22:59 - Oct 9 with 1370 viewsElijahK

When? on 21:43 - Oct 9 by cocklebreath

What makes you think we won’t go down with Ralph? Have you missed the last 20 games?

Because with Ralph we always have such poor runs, and such amazing ones, it’s just the duration of each that determines whether we do finish high or lower in the table. And so far it looks like this may be our poor run, but for how long it’ll last and how long the good run we’ll go on, I’m not so certain, which is why I can see us finishing like 17th but not the bottom 3.
As also to go down you need teams to have done better than you, and with how Leicester, Forest, Wolves, Villa and maybe even Leeds, have started, I can easily see us finishing above just 3 of them (and even then as much as Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton etc have had decent starts, most seasons at least one of those teams that started off well then just have it all go downhill and end up going down).

But ether way, unless we do get 3/4 points from the next two games then I do agree we may need a change.

When? on 23:42 - Oct 9 with 1344 viewsPatfromPoole

When? on 22:59 - Oct 9 by ElijahK

Because with Ralph we always have such poor runs, and such amazing ones, it’s just the duration of each that determines whether we do finish high or lower in the table. And so far it looks like this may be our poor run, but for how long it’ll last and how long the good run we’ll go on, I’m not so certain, which is why I can see us finishing like 17th but not the bottom 3.
As also to go down you need teams to have done better than you, and with how Leicester, Forest, Wolves, Villa and maybe even Leeds, have started, I can easily see us finishing above just 3 of them (and even then as much as Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton etc have had decent starts, most seasons at least one of those teams that started off well then just have it all go downhill and end up going down).

But ether way, unless we do get 3/4 points from the next two games then I do agree we may need a change.

We have virtually no goal threat.

And we haven’t kept a clean sheet in bloody ages.

It’s a combination destined to not end well unless we make a change now.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

When? on 23:47 - Oct 9 with 1340 viewsDorsetIan

I don’t see how the board can honestly think that things will improve under Ralph.

All the evidence suggests otherwise.

He can string a few wins together but he can’t build any lasting team quality or robustness.

And he’s been in charge a long time. He’s had a long time to build something at Saints and he’s built nothing.

The form we’re in now is similar to that under Hughes when he arrived.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

When? on 23:48 - Oct 9 with 1331 viewsElijahK

When? on 23:42 - Oct 9 by PatfromPoole

We have virtually no goal threat.

And we haven’t kept a clean sheet in bloody ages.

It’s a combination destined to not end well unless we make a change now.

Ok but that goal threat isn’t down to Ralph, that’s just down to us having a championship attack in the prem, which ain’t gonna work for anyone, wether Ralph stays or goes, hence why I’m happy the world cups on so that we’ve got less games to play until the January transfer market open up and we can sign that realisable striker we desperately need.
Clean sheet wise, yeah that’s down to tactics and who’s in charge, but like I’ve just said, unless we get like 3/4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth then I’ll agree that his time is up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024