Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of ambition 14:38 - Jul 17 with 6525 viewsGRIM

We were all optimistic when the club got nice new owners, but it looks as if they have no interest in winning football matches, they are only concerned about making money.
The policy of buying young players, giving them game time to raise their profile then selling them on at a profit makes good business sense but it does not win you football matches.
Every genuine Saints supporter knows that we have 3 major problems which are a crap goalkeeper ( McCarthy) + rubbish ctr backs + no goalscorers.
OK, Bazuna may improve the goalkeeping problem but that won't help if we're can't defend set pieces & we're not likely to score.
It doesn't help when we have a manager that appears to pick players based on his relationship with them rather than picking the best players.
I'm fed up with this season & it hasn't started yet.
Come on Saints give us all something to be optimistic about, spend some £'s & get some quality in ASAP.
Lack of ambition on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 3691 viewssaintwizzler

You have a point.
It’s a massive gamble.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Lack of ambition on 15:28 - Jul 17 with 3656 viewsdwayne_dibley

There seem to be three main stratigies for Premiership clubs:

1. Top 6 - spend a lot and win silverware

2. Balance budget, buy in players they can sell for a profit

3. Do not spend much and join the Premiership / Championship elevator to exist on parachute payments

All about funds available

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Lack of ambition on 15:35 - Jul 17 with 3650 viewsPatfromPoole

The line on the OP:

“I’m fed up with this season and it hasn’t started yet.” is I fear very telling, and a product of:-

1. Our abysmal end to last season
2. Glaring gaps still remaining in key positions

Three weeks to sort it, or we are going to be in a real struggle just to get to 17th.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Lack of ambition on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 3612 viewsBerber

Lack of ambition on 15:35 - Jul 17 by PatfromPoole

The line on the OP:

“I’m fed up with this season and it hasn’t started yet.” is I fear very telling, and a product of:-

1. Our abysmal end to last season
2. Glaring gaps still remaining in key positions

Three weeks to sort it, or we are going to be in a real struggle just to get to 17th.

I thought more than twice about renewing my ST. My worst fears seem to be inevitably coming true.
Lack of ambition on 16:17 - Jul 17 with 3594 viewssaint22

Nail. On. Head
Depressingly familiar summer pre season and this year I think our luck will run out
Lack of ambition on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 3533 viewsSadoldgit

Steady on guys. There are still players to come in and we have only played 1 friendly which was more about fitness and getting game time. Can we at least wait until Spurs tear us a new one before we collectively wet the bed and slit our wrists?
Lack of ambition on 17:21 - Jul 17 with 3491 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spot on. We have been in need of an experienced defender for years. This team needs a 30 million pound defender and a 30 million pound striker. We know we won't pay it, so it's looking ominous for the season. Why not get it done now. what are we waiting for? We will probably add a few more players, but it will most likely be an 18 year old young striker on loan. The defence is appalling and the same players are playing. Salisu, Stephens, Bednerak, Lyanco will all be here making the same mistakes.

Adams will keep missing sitters, Redmond will run round in circles and here we go again. I really hope I'm wrong, but the fans are frustrated. They will kick off big time if these same defenders make the same mistakes and we put up with more thrashings against PL teams that are getting stronger and stronger. Yesterday might have been just a friendly, but the same terrible defence was making the same terrible errors in non friendlies. The fans have just about had enough of these stupid errors in defence.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 17:23]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lack of ambition on 17:27 - Jul 17 with 3478 viewsSouthamptonfan

This club are taking us for f@cking fools. Semmens chose these owners because they kept him in a job. Gai didn't care as long as he got his money. These owners just want to make money and use us for their own means. These fans deserve f@cking better. Just buy Broja for 30 million, buy Dembele for 15 and get in a 39 million pound defender. Stop f@cking about with inexperienced players that keep making f@cking mistakes.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of ambition on 17:43 - Jul 17 with 3442 viewsDorsetIan

The new owners may be reluctant to give Ralph too much money to spend.

I would be.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Lack of ambition on 18:24 - Jul 17 with 3379 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Lack of ambition on 17:43 - Jul 17 by DorsetIan

The new owners may be reluctant to give Ralph too much money to spend.

I would be.

I am not sure it works like that.
I believe Managers puts forward an idea of the type of player required to fit in positions to be strengthened and the Recruitment team provide a list of players who may fit the criteria and then there is a discussion with the Manager who best fits the bill within the affordability limits to acquire the player(s)
Lack of ambition on 18:29 - Jul 17 with 3376 viewsSadoldgit

Christ, it’s going to be a long season.
Lack of ambition on 18:47 - Jul 17 with 3358 viewsgrumpy

Cant say there is much to get excited about.
A lot depends on getting a goal scorer if we fail there we will be in big trouble.
Lack of ambition on 19:07 - Jul 17 with 3326 viewsSadoldgit

Lack of ambition on 18:47 - Jul 17 by grumpy

Cant say there is much to get excited about.
A lot depends on getting a goal scorer if we fail there we will be in big trouble.

Maybe not yet Grumps but there is still several weeks to go before the window shuts again and perhaps our new Head of Recruitment has a couple of gems like Tino and Broja up his sleeve?
Lack of ambition on 20:13 - Jul 17 with 3256 viewsPeterL22

I predict a 19th finish to season, and thus relegated!
Not sure the point about "gems like Livramento & Broja" is at all accurate. Broja looked good for a while, but then forgot where the net was (and is a Chelski player anyway. Livramento was/is mainly hype - reasonable going forward, but can't defend (poor one on one and constantly dragged out of position). For me KWP & Perrault were our first choice fullbacks.
The buy them at Aldi, sell them at Waitrose analogy is spot on. I still wonder where all the money for players sold has gone! We need a proven striker to stay up - Che might get 10 goals if we're lucky, Adam Armstrong 2 or 3 (and I expect yesterday's accounts for one of them).
The strategy of bringing in youngsters and "developing "!them before selling on is a high risk strategy - and when we get caught out and relegated, it will be a long time before we get back to PL!
By the way, the only transfer that has me mildly excited is Aribo
Lack of ambition on 20:36 - Jul 17 with 3229 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of ambition on 20:13 - Jul 17 by PeterL22

I predict a 19th finish to season, and thus relegated!
Not sure the point about "gems like Livramento & Broja" is at all accurate. Broja looked good for a while, but then forgot where the net was (and is a Chelski player anyway. Livramento was/is mainly hype - reasonable going forward, but can't defend (poor one on one and constantly dragged out of position). For me KWP & Perrault were our first choice fullbacks.
The buy them at Aldi, sell them at Waitrose analogy is spot on. I still wonder where all the money for players sold has gone! We need a proven striker to stay up - Che might get 10 goals if we're lucky, Adam Armstrong 2 or 3 (and I expect yesterday's accounts for one of them).
The strategy of bringing in youngsters and "developing "!them before selling on is a high risk strategy - and when we get caught out and relegated, it will be a long time before we get back to PL!
By the way, the only transfer that has me mildly excited is Aribo

We need to start seeing some f@cking hope. We lost about 10 in a f@cking row with diabolical defending last season. First match of the new season and yet again we have diabolical f@cking defending with same f@cking terrible defenders. We know Spurs will tear us apart. Crying out for a leader and still no f@cking leader. Crying out for new defenders and all we do is bring in a youngster who has never played in the PL. Long has gone, Broja has gone. Still time but how long does it take to get the striker and defenders we need. It's a disgrace. I predict 20 th.

Lack of ambition on 21:01 - Jul 17 with 3185 viewsSonicBoom

You are aware that the window is still open right. Save your moaning til it's closed. For all we know the club are working on a striker and decent centre back. If not then feel free to have a meltdown, just not yet.
And come on, when dopre season friendlies mean a damn thing??? We could win them all or lose them all and it'll make absolutely no difference.
Lack of ambition on 21:19 - Jul 17 with 3153 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lack of ambition on 21:01 - Jul 17 by SonicBoom

You are aware that the window is still open right. Save your moaning til it's closed. For all we know the club are working on a striker and decent centre back. If not then feel free to have a meltdown, just not yet.
And come on, when dopre season friendlies mean a damn thing??? We could win them all or lose them all and it'll make absolutely no difference.

Just how long has Nick and us all been saying we need to sign an experienced defender? 2,3,4 or even 5 years? We have a diabolical defence and we may sign one at the last f@cking minute? It's a joke.

Lack of ambition on 21:37 - Jul 17 with 3122 views1teeminants

I agree as it stands it’s not great at the moment let’s see what these new guys are like and wait til the window shuts before making judgment.

Ralph has said this.

SaintsExtra
@SaintsExtra
·
Follow
Ralph Hasenhuttl: "We still need to bring some players in, and we know this. Especially up front, for example, where we lost players. Everybody knows we need to do something there, and the earlier they come, the better it is." #saintsfc [sfc youtube]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Lack of ambition on 21:48 - Jul 17 with 3093 viewsTripleNiemi

Lack of ambition on 15:58 - Jul 17 by Berber

I thought more than twice about renewing my ST. My worst fears seem to be inevitably coming true.

Bold is Brave..........

#WeMarchOn

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Lack of ambition on 02:28 - Jul 18 with 2937 viewsElijahK

I think we’ve now got owners with more ambition than any of our previous ones we’ve had for a long time, but whether it’s enough to actually compete once again and actually try to win stuff like Newcastle, West Ham, Leicester etc are trying to do, it’s probably not.

But look we’ve still got a while left for the transfer market and we’re pretty certain to sign at least 2/3 new players, so until then I’m not saying any major complaints, and even then I’m just more releases that we’re getting some investment now, rather than none, meaning that we shouldn’t need to worry about relegation as much as we have in the past.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Lack of ambition on 08:39 - Jul 18 with 2876 viewsdwayne_dibley

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Lack of ambition on 09:48 - Jul 18 with 2837 viewssaints__fan__73

This has the feel of the Poortvliet/Woote season to it.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lack of ambition on 10:46 - Jul 18 with 2766 viewsChesham_Saint

Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lack of ambition on 11:02 - Jul 18 with 2740 viewssaints__fan__73

Lack of ambition on 18:29 - Jul 17 by Sadoldgit

Christ, it’s going to be a long season.

Possibly not. Our fate could be done and dusted before the clocks go forward.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lack of ambition on 11:04 - Jul 18 with 2734 viewsBuggalugs

What a miserable lot.

We've made 4 or 5 signings nice and early (un-heard of with us in previous seasons) and there's still 6 weeks of the window left. Yes, most of them are gambles, but all signings are. Proven Premier League quality players are out of our price range and always have/will be, meaning we have to take punts on either youth, lower-league, injury-prone, un-fancied or foreign.

That's the reality ffs, so suck it up buttercups. At least we have a strategy now and are making some moves.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024