Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The good news. 18:06 - Apr 30 with 4314 viewsmushinexile

The bunch of cretinous Wxnkers who have destroyed the city's football club have lost a load of money!
The good news. on 18:41 - Apr 30 with 3592 viewssaintwizzler

Selling off the best players then doing one is their plan.

We are fûcked.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

The good news. on 08:01 - May 1 with 3242 viewsMytchettSaint

The good news. on 18:41 - Apr 30 by saintwizzler

Selling off the best players then doing one is their plan.

We are fûcked.

After trousering the parachute payments

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

The good news. on 08:44 - May 1 with 3165 viewsSaintNick

Did Dragan Solvic or Rasmus Ankersen play against Newcastle or indeed in any of the other games ?

Did they sack the board that had kept the club in mid table for the previous 3 seasons, no.

All Sports republic have done is pump money in, in the belief that they had people running the club who would spend it well.

So to call them cretinous W*****s is wrong and to say that they have destroyed the club is a massive overeaction, Newcastle are living proof that relegation from the Premier League is not terminal.

The blame lies firmly in the hands of those that run the club on a day to day basis, that failed to land a proven striker last summer, that failed to sign an experienced leader in the either transfer window.

That panicked in November and sacked Ralph , appointed Nathan Jones then appointed Selles a man with absolutely no experience being a manager at any level.

But overall the blame lies with the players, few of whom put in consistent displays that they were capable of

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The good news. on 08:53 - May 1 with 3148 viewsmushinexile

The good news. on 08:44 - May 1 by SaintNick

Did Dragan Solvic or Rasmus Ankersen play against Newcastle or indeed in any of the other games ?

Did they sack the board that had kept the club in mid table for the previous 3 seasons, no.

All Sports republic have done is pump money in, in the belief that they had people running the club who would spend it well.

So to call them cretinous W*****s is wrong and to say that they have destroyed the club is a massive overeaction, Newcastle are living proof that relegation from the Premier League is not terminal.

The blame lies firmly in the hands of those that run the club on a day to day basis, that failed to land a proven striker last summer, that failed to sign an experienced leader in the either transfer window.

That panicked in November and sacked Ralph , appointed Nathan Jones then appointed Selles a man with absolutely no experience being a manager at any level.

But overall the blame lies with the players, few of whom put in consistent displays that they were capable of

If you pour money into an enterprise and see it wasted all the time then do nothing about it Nick, then you are a cretinous wxnker. QED.
The good news. on 08:55 - May 1 with 3140 viewsPatfromPoole

I am scratching my head here.

So if the blame lies firmly in the hands of those who run the club on a day-to-day basis, are you blaming them less than the players? Or more?

Maybe we need a poll.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The good news. on 09:26 - May 1 with 3091 viewsbenalisbroom

Fair post, Nick. It strikes me that the new owners DID have a great plan: build youth and reinvent our brand as a feeder club. In terms of the modern EPL, that doesn’t sound like a bad approach to a league in which we will never win. Where they went wrong was a series of disastrous, morale-sapping appointments and decisions: Jones, Marsh, Selles and perhaps some of the player acquisitions.
Having said that, even in relegation one or two decisions based on their model could yet pay off: Lavia has been brilliant at £10m and although he’ll be sold his value has risen significantly; JWP’s departure - though sad for us - will bring in a large cheque which can be spent on a replacement similar to Lavia; there is also significant depth in the squad which will be above mean championship level: Caletta Car, Orsic, Perrault, Kulenana, even Bree. Meanwhile, players like the wonderful but past his best Stuart Armstrong will be moved on.
If the rumours about Solskjaer or Potter are true, I think there’s a really solid squad there for the Championship (Ballard too?) and we might be one of the luck clubs that can bounce back.
It’s proper football down there, with real fans and it’ll be good to leave the house on a Saturday (yes, playing on Saturdays again!) in the expectation that we’ll see a good game and get three points.
My main gripe on the squad is the goalkeepers, partly thanks to Matt76’s brilliant statistical analysis last month - SR please address this. Otherwise I think we could be OK.
Sorry for the optimism!
The good news. on 09:36 - May 1 with 3079 viewsSaintNick

The good news. on 08:53 - May 1 by mushinexile

If you pour money into an enterprise and see it wasted all the time then do nothing about it Nick, then you are a cretinous wxnker. QED.

That is just generalisation and not actually looking at the situation and trying to do something, the problem with football is that if things aren't going right on the field then you have only two chances to change things, one in the summer and then a month in January.

Even off the field it is not easy, you can't just sack a CEO one week and then replace him the next, in the main the experienced ones are all in work and subject to notice periods.

We appointed a new head of recruitment in July, he went in October, we appointed a new director of football in January, but he is on notice period till July, football is not an industry like any other.

No one is happy about what has happened but calling people Cretinous Wxnkers is not helping one little bit

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The good news. on 09:53 - May 1 with 3063 viewsdavidargyll

Sorry guys but I don’t think that you get to be a billionaire like Dragan Solak by being an idiot or whatever other names you want to call the main investor in SR.
Ok, with the benefit of hindsight, where he made the mistake was buying into the policy of Ankersen and Kraft, based on what Brentford had achieved. This little exercise will have cost Solak I would think at least £100m and I would imagine that he has spent the last few weeks listening to all the excuses offered to him because, I don’t care how rich you are, nobody likes losing that sort of money, regardless of whether the likes of us lesser mortals think “it’s ok he can afford it.”

So it seems to me he will make one or two decisions shortly:
1. Will he throw good money after bad and put more money into the club?
2. Will he give Ankersen and Kraft their marching orders?
3. Will he cut his losses and sell the club?
4. Will he sell off as many of the players as he can?

My answers would be
1. Highly unlikely - risk/reward is too great.
2. Yes, most likely if he believes that there is a chance with others in charge the club can chase for promotion.
3. Probably if he thinks that the club will be stuck where it is for a number of seasons. Cutting your losses is a very tempting.
4. Unlikely, if he thinks we can chase for promotion, because, even if some may be bid away, by selling a number of key assets - which is after all what your players are - you only reduce the value of what is left, ie its a zero-sum game.

In summary, Solak will now be looking at how he can best stabilise his financial position, no more no less. Especially if the rumours of debt repayments due next year are true. I would be amazed if he doesn’t feel completely legged over (by Ankersen and Kraft?) and now is determined not to allow the value of the club -and his investment - to deteriorate further. That above all else is what will govern the direction of Saints in the next few months. But I reiterate that, making the sort of money that he has is all about weighing up risk and reward. And when/if things go wrong, you aim to protect your downside as much as you can and act accordingly.
Login to get fewer ads

The good news. on 11:17 - May 1 with 2964 viewsRon11

The good news. on 09:53 - May 1 by davidargyll

Sorry guys but I don’t think that you get to be a billionaire like Dragan Solak by being an idiot or whatever other names you want to call the main investor in SR.
Ok, with the benefit of hindsight, where he made the mistake was buying into the policy of Ankersen and Kraft, based on what Brentford had achieved. This little exercise will have cost Solak I would think at least £100m and I would imagine that he has spent the last few weeks listening to all the excuses offered to him because, I don’t care how rich you are, nobody likes losing that sort of money, regardless of whether the likes of us lesser mortals think “it’s ok he can afford it.”

My answers would be
2. Yes, most likely if he believes that there is a chance with others in charge the club can chase for promotion.
3. Probably if he thinks that the club will be stuck where it is for a number of seasons. Cutting your losses is a very tempting.
4. Unlikely, if he thinks we can chase for promotion, because, even if some may be bid away, by selling a number of key assets - which is after all what your players are - you only reduce the value of what is left, ie its a zero-sum game.

In summary, Solak will now be looking at how he can best stabilise his financial position, no more no less. Especially if the rumours of debt repayments due next year are true. I would be amazed if he doesn’t feel completely legged over (by Ankersen and Kraft?) and now is determined not to allow the value of the club -and his investment - to deteriorate further. That above all else is what will govern the direction of Saints in the next few months. But I reiterate that, making the sort of money that he has is all about weighing up risk and reward. And when/if things go wrong, you aim to protect your downside as much as you can and act accordingly.

Whoever weighed up the risk of signing Jones and then when that predictably failed, bringing in Selles has a lot to answer for, as has whoever gave the final approval.
Perhaps they would have done better to ask those who actually support the club for an opinion, I'm certain Jones or Marsch would have absolutely not been anywhere near the list of candidates.
There's your downside.
And sadly, at the moment, there's not much of an upside.
The good news. on 11:38 - May 1 with 2934 viewsdwayne_dibley

wonder what comes first, Administration or Putin's nuclear attack on NATO

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

The good news. on 11:42 - May 1 with 2925 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 09:53 - May 1 by davidargyll

My answers would be

As much as that makes business sense,all Saints fans want is to watch their team play well.
Ralph looked frustrated and who could blame him.
Jones was never be the man to take over at such a critical time.
Selles,I thought at first might steady the ship but sadly has shown by his team selection, tactics and substitutions to be clueless.
These are the main reason for our relegation.
Did the owners etc make mistakes with above off course,but its done now.
I wish the club with speak to a fan representation regularly to build a bond because I think there needs to be one.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 11:48]
The good news. on 12:08 - May 1 with 2868 viewsSouthamptonfan

"But overall the blame lies with the players, few of whom put in consistent displays that they were capable of"

I couldn't agree more. The players are a disgrace. We are in a relegation battle. They don't tackle, they are weak, they come across as not giving a f@ck, they certainly arn't fighting blood, sweat and tears. Whoever the manager is, on 100 grand a week, they should at least put in a shift and not stand there gormless and surprised as PL opposition breeze through into the box without so much as a tackle. Not fit to wear the shirt. The people who put them there, naively thinking you can put inexperienced, arrogant young players in with the wolves are to blame too, of course.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 12:12]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The good news. on 12:23 - May 1 with 2832 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 12:08 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

"But overall the blame lies with the players, few of whom put in consistent displays that they were capable of"

I couldn't agree more. The players are a disgrace. We are in a relegation battle. They don't tackle, they are weak, they come across as not giving a f@ck, they certainly arn't fighting blood, sweat and tears. Whoever the manager is, on 100 grand a week, they should at least put in a shift and not stand there gormless and surprised as PL opposition breeze through into the box without so much as a tackle. Not fit to wear the shirt. The people who put them there, naively thinking you can put inexperienced, arrogant young players in with the wolves are to blame too, of course.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 12:12]

Question,do think a better manager would have got more points?
The good news. on 12:29 - May 1 with 2812 viewsSouthamptonfan

The good news. on 12:23 - May 1 by grumpy

Question,do think a better manager would have got more points?

I have my doubts with this squad. Three managers have had a go. Saints have put together a bunch of strangers. Leeds and Everton are having the same issues, even with decent managers. Their fans are furious with their players, who only bother when they feel like it. My choice would have been Dyche, but he is struggling too. If you have the players on the pitch that won't fight tooth and nail for the cause, it's difficult for any manager. Come on, defeat to Grimsby? PL players couldn't beat a league 2 side? The players just didn't put in a shift, simple as that.

Besides, these players wanted Selles, they wanted Ralph out apparently, they didn't like Jones because he slated them (rightly for being so pathetic) in public, and trying to change the style of play, so they should make their bed and lie in it, earn their millions and perform for the fans spending their hard earned cash on them. They played out of their skin against Chelsea in Selles first game. After getting him the job, then they just downed tools, the f@ckers.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 13:04]

The good news. on 14:04 - May 1 with 2727 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 12:29 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

I have my doubts with this squad. Three managers have had a go. Saints have put together a bunch of strangers. Leeds and Everton are having the same issues, even with decent managers. Their fans are furious with their players, who only bother when they feel like it. My choice would have been Dyche, but he is struggling too. If you have the players on the pitch that won't fight tooth and nail for the cause, it's difficult for any manager. Come on, defeat to Grimsby? PL players couldn't beat a league 2 side? The players just didn't put in a shift, simple as that.

Besides, these players wanted Selles, they wanted Ralph out apparently, they didn't like Jones because he slated them (rightly for being so pathetic) in public, and trying to change the style of play, so they should make their bed and lie in it, earn their millions and perform for the fans spending their hard earned cash on them. They played out of their skin against Chelsea in Selles first game. After getting him the job, then they just downed tools, the f@ckers.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 13:04]

But this is the point, a strong manager would not put up with any nonsense from the players.
The good news. on 14:17 - May 1 with 2710 viewsSouthamptonfan

The good news. on 14:04 - May 1 by grumpy

But this is the point, a strong manager would not put up with any nonsense from the players.

Problems is that the players have so much power nowadays. The players pick and choose which manager they want to play for because they are so rich and therefore have that power. Look how they downed tools at Chelsea for JM and Conte. Look at what's happening at Spurs. Dyche I like and doesn't take any nonsense, but that's part of the problem being higher up at Saints. They didn't choose him because they want a yes man, who follows "the bring the young players through, we march on" philosophy. A manager like Dyche would call that out. And even so, Dyche is struggling at Everton. If the players arn't good enough, mentally as much as talent, it's really difficult. What can the manager do, if players just won't do it on the pitch, because they are sulking, arrogant, mentally weak or whatever?

All in all, once I've got over relegation, I will be pleased to be out of this league and get rid of the whole lot of the Saints team and start again. We might actually see some players who want to play for the badge instead of their next move.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 14:24]

The good news. on 14:31 - May 1 with 2667 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 14:17 - May 1 by Southamptonfan

Problems is that the players have so much power nowadays. The players pick and choose which manager they want to play for because they are so rich and therefore have that power. Look how they downed tools at Chelsea for JM and Conte. Look at what's happening at Spurs. Dyche I like and doesn't take any nonsense, but that's part of the problem being higher up at Saints. They didn't choose him because they want a yes man, who follows "the bring the young players through, we march on" philosophy. A manager like Dyche would call that out. And even so, Dyche is struggling at Everton. If the players arn't good enough, mentally as much as talent, it's really difficult. What can the manager do, if players just won't do it on the pitch, because they are sulking, arrogant, mentally weak or whatever?

All in all, once I've got over relegation, I will be pleased to be out of this league and get rid of the whole lot of the Saints team and start again. We might actually see some players who want to play for the badge instead of their next move.
[Post edited 1 May 2023 14:24]

I would be surprised if all our players arrogant etc, unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples.
The good news. on 14:34 - May 1 with 2663 viewsSouthamptonfan

The good news. on 14:31 - May 1 by grumpy

I would be surprised if all our players arrogant etc, unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples.

That's it, it only takes a few to cause trouble behind the scenes to bring down morale and have the squad members following like sheep. VD clearly did that when he was here, trying to get his move.

The good news. on 16:42 - May 1 with 2560 viewsTripleNiemi

Makes one appreciate just how good Cortese was when spending others money eh? I mean yeah, he was using Marcus’ cash on lavish bogs etc, but boy he got the Liebherr family a good return on their investment didn’t he…..
[Post edited 1 May 2023 16:44]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The good news. on 17:15 - May 1 with 2527 viewsMattFinish

Totally agree Nick at the risk of being called a cretinous w@nker for having my own opinion.

You have to ask who is the cretinous w@nker
The good news. on 10:46 - May 2 with 2315 viewssaints__fan__73

Blaming the players is like walking into a school where the kids are smashing up the place and smearing their shit all over the wall and saying 'well it's all the pupils' fault'...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The good news. on 11:25 - May 2 with 2283 views1885_SFC

The good news. on 10:46 - May 2 by saints__fan__73

Blaming the players is like walking into a school where the kids are smashing up the place and smearing their shit all over the wall and saying 'well it's all the pupils' fault'...

That used to happen often at my school, Bridgemary Gosport, back in the 70's.

Old School is Cool

The good news. on 16:21 - May 2 with 2165 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 10:46 - May 2 by saints__fan__73

We have the players that could have saved us,but the last two managers have been disastrous.
The good news. on 17:19 - May 2 with 2127 viewssaint901

There is fault at all levels for our woeful season.

The owner is clearly not stupid but he was guilty of either not doing enough due diligence into the system he was funding or the people behind the system or the way in which that system was operated.
Why for example buy Tall Paul and Orsic - and not play them?
The system relies upon these sort of players getting minutes and increasing their value.
The management of the club from the football side has been a disaster. Baffling team selection - from all three managers - lack of consistency in tactics, players in the first team on what criteria? We play Walcott as a first choice striker and Edozie doesn't get played at all?
The players I think became frustrated with new tactics and team every week and then disheartened when the results slipped away. Good performances against the better teams and poor performances against others are for me a triumph of personal pride over poor team selection/set up and structure. A good game against Arsenal or City means that your value goes up. A poor show against B'mouth means little.

So I think all are equally to blame.

Then add in us fans.

When did most of us give up this season? A lot earlier than the owners/management/players that's for sure. Teams like ours need to be winning at least half their home games, draw another quarter and that means you need 5 to 10 points on the road. To win a home game against a better side you need support and I'm sorry to say that this has been lacking.

Nobody emerges from this season with much credit.
The good news. on 17:32 - May 2 with 2114 viewsSouthamptonfan

Today's PL players are out of touch, selfish, headphone wearing, hoods up millionaires. Not one of the Leeds players acknowledged any of their fans, some of them youngsters looking up to their heroes. Another manager sacked at Leeds but just look at these ignorant players. They're grown men and should have some level of respect for the fans who pay their wages. Leeds have had 4 different managers. They are getting sacked left right and centre.

[Post edited 2 May 2023 17:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024