Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) 08:20 - Sep 8 with 3604 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Look at how the players don’t roll around acting as if they’re injured

2. Look at how fans of opposing teams can sit together in harmony, and not have to be segregated like animals who go to football

3. Look at how players respect the ref

4. Look at how players can be really aggressive towards each other, but they all respect each other at the end of the game

5. Look at how they use VAR properly

I’ll let them have number 5.

The Tarquins can bore off though, as can the Rugby World Cup.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 08:25 - Sep 8 with 3286 viewssolent_toffee

I quite like watching Rugby on the TV, however the self-elevation of its followers to be better than football in every aspect is cringey.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 08:52 - Sep 8 with 3257 viewsIfonly

Thing is though Pat, all 5 are true (I'd rather have segregated seating but the points still true). Football should always be looking to improve, including learning from other sports. Anything else would be blind arrogance.

I'll add on to your list a point about taking head injuries and brain damage seriously.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:02 - Sep 8 with 3188 viewssaints__fan__73

6. Look at how fans are allowed to drink beer in their seats.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:55 - Sep 8 with 3160 viewsTimSaint

Players are allowed to receive medical attention on the pitch, whilst play is still in progress.

The use of sin bins.

TimSaint

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 12:18 - Sep 8 with 3131 viewsHeisenberg

All 5 points are true. You could always decide not to watch it if it’s not your thing. I’m looking forward to it, particularly the latter stages.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 14:33 - Sep 8 with 3079 viewsBazza

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 12:18 - Sep 8 by Heisenberg

All 5 points are true. You could always decide not to watch it if it’s not your thing. I’m looking forward to it, particularly the latter stages.

I agree to all 5/6 and add Rugby fans get to see the vids at the same time as the referees.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 15:00 - Sep 8 with 3070 viewscocklebreath

Rugby fans are generally a bunch of coonts but so are most football fans but for different reasons, in fact most people are cooonts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 16:11 - Sep 8 with 3031 viewsSFC_Referee

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:55 - Sep 8 by TimSaint

Players are allowed to receive medical attention on the pitch, whilst play is still in progress.

The use of sin bins.

Yeah well sin bins I do think could hit the prem eventually as they’re being used up to a certain level (which locally is the Wessex league and below) and has helped to reduce the levels of dissent in grassroots, so with all the body cams and refs being mic’d up, I do think it’s only a matter of time

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Login to get fewer ads

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 16:11 - Sep 8 with 3034 viewskernow

This cooont likes both codes .
France v NZ is going to be tasty.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 18:27 - Sep 8 with 2984 views1teeminants

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 12:18 - Sep 8 by Heisenberg

Me too looking forward to it . Also looking forward to watching Hampshire in YET ANOTHER ONE DAY CRICKET FINAL next Saturday.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 00:22 - Sep 9 with 2909 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Don't see the problem with 1-5, it's all true.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 09:40 - Sep 9 with 2803 viewsRon11

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 08:25 - Sep 8 by solent_toffee

I quite like watching Rugby on the TV, however the self-elevation of its followers to be better than football in every aspect is cringey.

It certainly shouldn't be prime time viewing on ITV , especially not the frog game. Are they assuming that everybody suddenly wants to be a fan of French or NZ rugby in the UK?
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:34 - Sep 9 with 2776 viewsIfonly

Really enjoyed the France v NZ game last night. Proper full on competition of high skill between players who cared (cared about the game that is, rather than their wallets). NZ still going full out at the end even though they'd lost by then.

Much more entertaining than most Saints games over the last year or so!
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:41 - Sep 9 with 2774 viewsBazza

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 09:40 - Sep 9 by Ron11

It certainly shouldn't be prime time viewing on ITV , especially not the frog game. Are they assuming that everybody suddenly wants to be a fan of French or NZ rugby in the UK?

I think it's understandable considering that this is the opening game and between 2 of the top ranked nations. Much better watch than Southgate's team of his prima donna mates diving and arguing with the ref .
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 12:13 - Sep 9 with 2753 viewsRon11

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 11:41 - Sep 9 by Bazza

I think it's understandable considering that this is the opening game and between 2 of the top ranked nations. Much better watch than Southgate's team of his prima donna mates diving and arguing with the ref .

I'll agree with you on that one, they're pathetic.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 10:44 - Sep 10 with 2620 viewsChesham_Saint

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 15:00 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

Rugby fans are generally a bunch of coonts but so are most football fans but for different reasons, in fact most people are cooonts

Tarquins and Coonts. Really? A lovely bit of crass generalisation there.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 16:50 - Sep 10 with 2552 viewsHamnottingham

I coach rugby and enjoy both codes........and am exasperated by both as well. Overall, what has been positively said about rugby here is mostly true. There are some hoorays (especially at Twickenham) who come over all superior.......imagine meeting Johnson in a pub and how he'd treat you as a common oik. Lots of great fans too.

The club I coach a boys team at has very few public school types. Real down to earth club, as are many in the area.

Hard game, brutal at times, even in junior matches. Parents are generally more welcoming to opposition etc at rugby than football, but I've seen confrontations in both codes amongst parents.

Another thing football can learn from rugby, everyone can see how much time is left and the clock is stopped for breaks in games. Stops the randomness of 'added time' and bias for the filthy rich sides.

For balance, I'll try to think of something rugby could learn from football............
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 16:52 - Sep 10 with 2551 viewsHamnottingham

..........rugby players could start screaming like the professional football players do everytime they are tackled?
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 23:47 - Sep 10 with 2459 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 09:40 - Sep 9 by Ron11

Apparently that was a great match. I chose not to watch it as is my right, but those who like rugby more than me said it was a brilliant match.

EVERY sport should be on normal TV. I tend to watch more non football sports than anything, athletics especially. Have been watching the rowing this weekend too. But we get bombarded with football which in the most part is dull as f**k. I watch Saints and that's it, I have zero interest in football outside Saints and that is my choice.

But this "oh my sport is better than your sport" childishness is just that, childish. Moe sport on TV the better, let kids see what they could be interested in and want to try,

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 2310 viewsBazza

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 23:47 - Sep 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Apparently that was a great match. I chose not to watch it as is my right, but those who like rugby more than me said it was a brilliant match.

EVERY sport should be on normal TV. I tend to watch more non football sports than anything, athletics especially. Have been watching the rowing this weekend too. But we get bombarded with football which in the most part is dull as f**k. I watch Saints and that's it, I have zero interest in football outside Saints and that is my choice.

But this "oh my sport is better than your sport" childishness is just that, childish. Moe sport on TV the better, let kids see what they could be interested in and want to try,

Likewise, good post. Have a lifelong addiction to the Saints but otherwise meh
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 22:02 - Sep 11 with 2271 viewsgrumpy

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 23:47 - Sep 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I can remember watching live Cricket and Rugby Test matches on mainstream TV.
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 04:46 - Sep 12 with 2200 views1teeminants

Great post. Agree with every word .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 07:53 - Sep 12 with 2150 viewssaint22

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 15:00 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

THIS
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 07:54 - Sep 12 with 2149 viewssaint22

I can't stand egg chasing and all that surrounds it BUT when it comes to laws/officiating/VAR etc they really could give Mike Dean/Howard Webb and all their mates a good lesson, FIFA too
Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 1979 viewsHamnottingham

Top 5 cliches uttered by Tarquins during the Rugby World Cup (yawn) on 07:54 - Sep 12 by saint22

I can't stand egg chasing and all that surrounds it BUT when it comes to laws/officiating/VAR etc they really could give Mike Dean/Howard Webb and all their mates a good lesson, FIFA too

I mightchange my mind and side with Pat soon, I'm supposed to be meeting up with my son to watch the match at a pub near Nottingham and all the pubs in the area with real ale are showing New Zealand vs Namibia........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024