Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR 10:43 - Aug 1 with 42344 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Can't see another 7-0 today but we will be there again to enjoy! From yesterday's starting lineup, we can already pick out some of the starters today:

GK - Ward
DEF - Mbengue, Morrison, Edwards, ? Maybe Esquerdinha, unless Larkeche gets more minutes?
MID - Varane, Vale Not sure who else?
FWD - Burrell, Poku, ?

Guessing there won't be any Kolli, Saito or Obikwu?
[Post edited 1 Aug 10:46]
0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:36 - Aug 1 with 4742 viewsTK1

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 17:56 - Aug 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Never scored in the EFL. Fact.

And he is also considered a bit of a joke by Wimbledon fans.


*Narrator*

"Aron Sasu turned 21 in March this year, a season when in fact he scored 4 goals. He has mostly played as a winger, sometimes as a wingback since making his pro debut as a 17-year-old schoolboy..."

I understand it's very important to rubbish young QPR players going through sticky patches at all times, but inventing careers that don't exist for 21-year-old Wimbledon kids to do so seems a bit much.
5
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:39 - Aug 1 with 4678 viewsbosh67

Highlights



Nice to see Koki score a great goal. Scarlett too. He's future captain material................... Captain Scarlett. I'll get me coat! Pearman I always think looks good. Their lad that scored twicfe has some pace on him. The good and bad of Ward and Morrison getting a bit done for pace but also a few good blocks today. I thought their keeper was excellent.
[Post edited 1 Aug 18:41]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:53 - Aug 1 with 4494 viewsBoston

It's going to take Scarlett at least eighteen months to catch up to Kolli...says his barber.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:53 - Aug 1 with 4509 viewsBeestonranger

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 17:05 - Aug 1 by TwoHalves

Miss Chair? Has he transitioned?


He's in te new version of Cluedo
1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:59 - Aug 1 with 4453 viewsfrancisbowles

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:39 - Aug 1 by bosh67

Highlights



Nice to see Koki score a great goal. Scarlett too. He's future captain material................... Captain Scarlett. I'll get me coat! Pearman I always think looks good. Their lad that scored twicfe has some pace on him. The good and bad of Ward and Morrison getting a bit done for pace but also a few good blocks today. I thought their keeper was excellent.
[Post edited 1 Aug 18:41]


Bosh, I think 'Morrison getting a bit done for pace' is the understatement of .....šŸ¤”šŸ˜
0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:18 - Aug 1 with 4262 viewsSpen

5 wins and 1 draw in preseason I think?

Fiorentina just drew 2-2 with Real Madrid btw.

What’s been most pleasing for me is how much the youngsters genuinely seem to be on a pathway into the first team. In seasons gone by, the DS players have been quite a way off from the first team, now you can see there’s a proper chance of some players making a valuable contribution to the first team squad, and in this season too.
8
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:30 - Aug 1 with 4182 viewsBklynRanger

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:59 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

Bosh, I think 'Morrison getting a bit done for pace' is the understatement of .....šŸ¤”šŸ˜


But why wasn't that Mbengue up against him? That would've more likely resulted in an orange or purpleish card.

It wasn't good at all but at the same time he's not putting him in the stands in a preseason friendly.
1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 4115 viewsBeckenhamhoop

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:18 - Aug 1 by Spen

5 wins and 1 draw in preseason I think?

Fiorentina just drew 2-2 with Real Madrid btw.

What’s been most pleasing for me is how much the youngsters genuinely seem to be on a pathway into the first team. In seasons gone by, the DS players have been quite a way off from the first team, now you can see there’s a proper chance of some players making a valuable contribution to the first team squad, and in this season too.


It’s almost as if, miraculously, the club is better run now.

(and I’ve not seen one mention of the players fitness!)

Poll: Julian StephĆ”ne…stick or twist

0
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 4110 viewsBeejnewark

So, if Kolli started and scored for the DS, and turned up at Bromley, I assume he could only play 45 today?
0
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Aug 1 with 4019 viewsjoe90

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 17:56 - Aug 1 by Juzzie

How many R’s fans were there?
I went three years ago and we had a decent turnout then.


I was in the Wimbledon end and would guess between 800-900. I saw a few fellow QPR fans sat near me. The stadium announcer said the attendance was 4K.
[Post edited 1 Aug 19:57]
0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:52 - Aug 1 with 3980 views1JD

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 19:18 - Aug 1 by Spen

5 wins and 1 draw in preseason I think?

Fiorentina just drew 2-2 with Real Madrid btw.

What’s been most pleasing for me is how much the youngsters genuinely seem to be on a pathway into the first team. In seasons gone by, the DS players have been quite a way off from the first team, now you can see there’s a proper chance of some players making a valuable contribution to the first team squad, and in this season too.


If I had a pound for every time I’ve read that in pre season I’d be a rich man.

The facts are this club has not produced a singular academy talent in years that has cut the mustard.

Oh, other than Rayan Kolli..
4
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 20:01 - Aug 1 with 3892 viewsTwoHalves

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 16:36 - Aug 1 by Lblock

Really disappointed with Morrison - a player I like but he looks like he’s 49 years old

As for Harvey Vale…… I just do not see what other people see in him. Weak, slow, poor in the air, bit of a pussy in the tackle and seems to find pockets to hide in for long periods of games.
I’m up for being wrong but still getting strong Jimmy Smith vibes.

We’ll see


Nothing wrong with Jimmy Smith vibes …

1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 3618 viewsMyke

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 17:15 - Aug 1 by WestbourneR

Always said he was no good. Weak powder puff, slow, lacks aerial prowess, got a huge mistake in him every game.

Oddly rated by many for a while.

Think that’s done now


Probably a bit harsh Westbourne. He has some qualities but I always questionef whether he was Championship standard. Like you was surprised at how highly he was rated by some. Today was a bad day at the office for him, but a revealing one for JS. Depending on how things pan out with Edwards, it may be worth holding o to Morrison as a back up, but if Edwards stays then I think Morrison should be sold.

Good workout today yesterday told us very little, today was much more informative
0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 21:06 - Aug 1 with 3463 viewsOldPedro

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 20:48 - Aug 1 by Myke

Probably a bit harsh Westbourne. He has some qualities but I always questionef whether he was Championship standard. Like you was surprised at how highly he was rated by some. Today was a bad day at the office for him, but a revealing one for JS. Depending on how things pan out with Edwards, it may be worth holding o to Morrison as a back up, but if Edwards stays then I think Morrison should be sold.

Good workout today yesterday told us very little, today was much more informative


I've only seen the highlights but I wonder if any of our CB's (other than Mbengue) would have lived with the pace from the Wimbledon player?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 21:09 - Aug 1 with 3430 viewsqpr_1968

was also there 3 years ago in the pissing rain....had a full 3 sides of the ground...
much more than today.

bromley might of had something to do with that....great 2 days though...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 3292 viewsViewFrom165

Won the game and scored 3 goals but was quite an unconvincing Team performance for me. Reminded me of many away games last season where we just couldn't find any fluidity or an effective way to combat how the opposition set up.

AFC Wimbledon were in a 5-3-2 so crowded the middle of the pitch but played with fullbacks rather than wing backs and we really struggled to find space, create overloads or put together enough combinations. Forced us to go more direct where Saito's Goal came from, but too often we didn't win the first or second ball in their third, Kone looked rusty/heavy and Burrell has little ability to control and retain the ball to help us stay up the pitch.

Besides a few nice balls in behind from Vale for Burrell and Saito which they should have done better with, our other goals and opportunities came from turnovers or Mbengue taking matters in to his own hands and driving forward in to shooting/crossing positions. Credit must go to Scarlett and Pearman for taking their goals well, especially Pearman with how he followed up his own shot.
Groundsman wasn't watering our half of the pitch so the ball looked sticky at times but not enough of an excuse for us to not find any tempo.

Morrison and Ward looked suspect for the goals, however I think any competitive fixture ball and man goes in the stands for the first, and Ward probably would have stayed on his line for the second. Better for those things to happen in a Friendly, and don't think either of them will play much next season anyway, barring injuries.

Will see plenty of those scrappy games in a Championship season so I guess the silver lining is we still found a way to win.
5
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 22:11 - Aug 1 with 3109 viewsPlanetHonneywood

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:25 - Aug 1 by Superhoops2808

I'd be tempted to take it and get in a gnarly warhorse for a season or two.

What, like Steve Cook you mean


Of two years ago, yup!

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 07:01 - Aug 2 with 2447 viewsBurnleyhoop

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 16:54 - Aug 1 by Beckenhamhoop

12 G/A in 33 games last year?….That Harvey Vale? He’s a lovely footballer with a touch of class about him. It’s amazing how some people see players completely differently.


I see both in Vale. Clearly good technical ability, but can disappear for long stretches and provides little or no defensive steel in our midfield. Tracking and tackling a definite weak point in his game.
4
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Aug 2 with 2172 viewsBig_Mac

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Aug 1 by joe90

I was in the Wimbledon end and would guess between 800-900. I saw a few fellow QPR fans sat near me. The stadium announcer said the attendance was 4K.
[Post edited 1 Aug 19:57]


AFC Wimbledon have announced the attendance on their Instagram post and stated the away attendance as 1,365. You can add on another 40-50 dotted around the home end if you want to round up to 1,400 then that’s a decent following for a pre-season friendly.

Also, one of their groundsmen was singing along to the QPR songs and had the badge tattooed on his calf so can add him to our attendance figures too šŸ˜…
8
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 09:12 - Aug 2 with 2024 viewsJamesB1979

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 18:36 - Aug 1 by TK1

*Narrator*

"Aron Sasu turned 21 in March this year, a season when in fact he scored 4 goals. He has mostly played as a winger, sometimes as a wingback since making his pro debut as a 17-year-old schoolboy..."

I understand it's very important to rubbish young QPR players going through sticky patches at all times, but inventing careers that don't exist for 21-year-old Wimbledon kids to do so seems a bit much.


Scored his goals in the FA trophy I think from a quick check.
2
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:24 - Aug 2 with 1958 viewsjoe90

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:33 - Aug 2 by Big_Mac

AFC Wimbledon have announced the attendance on their Instagram post and stated the away attendance as 1,365. You can add on another 40-50 dotted around the home end if you want to round up to 1,400 then that’s a decent following for a pre-season friendly.

Also, one of their groundsmen was singing along to the QPR songs and had the badge tattooed on his calf so can add him to our attendance figures too šŸ˜…


Nice, that’s a good turnout! It did look full from where I was, but I’m not very good a guesstimating.

The Dons have done a great job with the stadium. Loftus Road is so crusty in comparison, desperately need to upgrade, but it’s so difficult.
1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 09:56 - Aug 2 with 1814 views7374Ranger

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 16:52 - Aug 1 by Beejnewark

Clearly 4th choice at best


But with JCS’s fitness record, he will play games unless Smith or Akindineli overtake him in the squad. On his recent performances, that shouldn’t be too hard to do. His lack of a challenge for the first Wimbledon goal was pathetic.

Overall, it was a good pre season and I applaud the decision to play this double header with 2 different sides. I wouldn’t mind this being extended to 2 next season. Imo it is a better way to get the players match ready for the season rather than multi changes after an hour. The Fiorentina match was almost lost after the second string came on.
Hopefully this unbeaten pre season will continue throughout the season’s opening in August.
0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 1763 viewsbosh67

It is possible that Kolli's fitness return was scheduled for the DS side first, which would indicate he's still a few weeks away from full fitness. Either that or something else has happened. Hoping it's just management of his return to the squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

0
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 1745 views7374Ranger

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 17:09 - Aug 1 by DaBurgh

Mbengue is looking more calm and under control, maybe the talking to's have finally come home to roost. I like the guy.


Maybe he has been taking some legal supplements such to calm him down on the pitch.

With regards to Vale, I don’t see a combative midfielder in him. He is slow, but has some good touches and an eye for goal or assists. I wouldn’t put him in central midfield. Chair is quicker and more combative and better in that position if needed.

I would like a new cm signed to add competition to Varane. Isak is promising, but might lack the physical strength and for me is more a deputy to Madsen.
1
AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 10:15 - Aug 2 with 1734 viewsTK1

AFC Wimbledon Vs QPR on 09:12 - Aug 2 by JamesB1979

Scored his goals in the FA trophy I think from a quick check.


Fair enough. Point was, he's only 21 and a winger so probably not really worth bashing his goalscoring record.

Watching the goals back, Morrison obviously does get burned by him but he shouldn't be isolated in a foot race that deep and wide with a winger. Bigger question really is why there's zero tracking, just some defence v attack training ground jogging. Which I suppose a friendly is, in a way.

Much more worried about Ward getting beaten for the second. Really weak keeping. Hopefully just rust, but shades of Nardi.

Nice to see kids playing so well, but would be surprised if there's not at least two more players signed by deadline, maybe more, as well as outgoings.
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026