Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panic fuel buying 13:02 - Sep 24 with 13164 viewsSadoldgit

So it’s started already. Queues at forecourts and some garages closing. If there is one way to guarantee panic buying it is to appeal for calm!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:47]
Panic fuel buying on 23:05 - Sep 24 with 1151 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 21:16 - Sep 24 by DorsetIan

The only people who have demonstrated contempt for this country are the f@ckers who have dishonestly brought this sh1tshow upon us.

To a man and woman, they were only interested in their own personal advancement or in satisfying their own anti-EU obsessions.

They’ve willingly sold everyone down the river. They never gave a flying f@ck about the well-being of the UK or it’s people. Still don’t.

I think you are possibly prone to exaggerate a little. You completely ignored my suggestion that for all the failings of this government the alternative would likely have been a lot worse, certainly the electorate thought so.
Panic fuel buying on 00:25 - Sep 25 with 1109 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Panic fuel buying on 15:56 - Sep 24 by A1079

This crisis is purely one of the BBC and wider media making. Yesterday there were just 6 BP garages that had supply issues. BBC reported it as a wider supply issue and linked it to all the other issues. There is not a petrol shortage but don't let that stop the BBC from generating another crisis to add to their agenda, whatever their agenda is. This has been down to irresponsible and crass reporting of the highest stupidity. They knew what would happen once they put those first reports out and nothing the government or retailers did or say was going to be able to stop the end result.

This. Media-fuelled hysteria.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Panic fuel buying on 07:35 - Sep 25 with 1049 viewsSalisburySaint

Panic fuel buying on 23:05 - Sep 24 by Bazza

I think you are possibly prone to exaggerate a little. You completely ignored my suggestion that for all the failings of this government the alternative would likely have been a lot worse, certainly the electorate thought so.

Standard Tory supporting b*llox, the alternative would have been worse, without any proof

I think there are loads of voters in this country who currently regret voting the way they did in last election

Many of the things they were promised have not materialised, eg. Brexit has not stopped immigration, and governments lack of action on so many issues is a joke, seemingly hoping that problems will just go away

Issues with HGV drivers have been known for months, as has knowledge of gas price rises, but all ignored by the government
Panic fuel buying on 08:05 - Sep 25 with 1031 viewsTripleNiemi

Let's face it, this country is now primarily full of bėllends. No doubt these prīcks topping up their tanks are still sat on stockpiles of bog rolls and hand cleaning products. Stop the world.....i wanna get off.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Panic fuel buying on 08:14 - Sep 25 with 1021 viewssaint68

Panic fuel buying on 08:05 - Sep 25 by TripleNiemi

Let's face it, this country is now primarily full of bėllends. No doubt these prīcks topping up their tanks are still sat on stockpiles of bog rolls and hand cleaning products. Stop the world.....i wanna get off.

Exactly this.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Panic fuel buying on 09:11 - Sep 25 with 985 viewsSadoldgit

If you are fortunate enough to fill up your tank, the prices are rising rapidly. What a total mess we have become.
Panic fuel buying on 09:22 - Sep 25 with 980 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 15:19 - Sep 24 by Heisenberg

Government to look at issuing temporary visas to European drivers to deliver fuel from the refineries. Welcome to Brexit Britain.

Good luck with that.

https://inews.co.uk/news/hgv-shortage-eu-drivers-snub-boris-johnsons-uk-petrol-c
Panic fuel buying on 09:24 - Sep 25 with 977 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 15:56 - Sep 24 by A1079

This crisis is purely one of the BBC and wider media making. Yesterday there were just 6 BP garages that had supply issues. BBC reported it as a wider supply issue and linked it to all the other issues. There is not a petrol shortage but don't let that stop the BBC from generating another crisis to add to their agenda, whatever their agenda is. This has been down to irresponsible and crass reporting of the highest stupidity. They knew what would happen once they put those first reports out and nothing the government or retailers did or say was going to be able to stop the end result.

Bullshit, the RHA were warning the government about this in January.
But hey, let's blame everyone else, I bet the tramp clown loves dickheads that do that.
Login to get fewer ads

Panic fuel buying on 10:13 - Sep 25 with 940 viewsdirk_doone

Eventually the problem will be solved and Britain will become a much more multi-racial society as a consequence. The EU workers who were doing the jobs that Brits didn't want to do will be replaced by immigrants from Africa and the Middle East as Brits still won't want to do them. The news is already out in West Africa that Britain needs truck drivers. It's a bit like the Windrush situation when Britain called for immigrants from the West Indies to do those jobs. Why would they choose Britain? The same reason all immigrants do: because they either speak English as a first language or it was the foreign language they learned at school. Immigrants from Francophone Africa will choose France.

We should notice those demographic changes in Southampton more than most cities do because for historic reasons, dating back to World War II, ours was a city that attracted a lot of Polish immigrants. Before the recent Brexodus, 20% of the population of our city was of Polish origin. Personally, I always thought that was a good thing as they worked hard and contributed a lot. Our local dustmen were nearly all Polish, which is why they've had to suspend some waste collections now: in our case, garden waste.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 10:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Panic fuel buying on 10:50 - Sep 25 with 905 viewsSadoldgit

Panic fuel buying on 23:05 - Sep 24 by Bazza

It is a moot point Bison. None of us knows what would happen under a different set of cabinet ministers but what we know for absolute certain is that this shower stagger from one set of incompetent decisions to another without time for the country to draw breath.
Panic fuel buying on 11:42 - Sep 25 with 876 viewsdirk_doone

Here we go. I'd expect these to be snapped up very quickly in West Africa:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58687026

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Panic fuel buying on 12:05 - Sep 25 with 861 viewsSadoldgit

If only there was a large, experienced workforce within easy travelling distance of the UK willing to do the jobs that the Brits don’t want to do.

Oh!
Panic fuel buying on 13:08 - Sep 25 with 834 viewsButty101

Panic fuel buying on 12:05 - Sep 25 by Sadoldgit

If only there was a large, experienced workforce within easy travelling distance of the UK willing to do the jobs that the Brits don’t want to do.

Oh!

I really pity you sad old got. You spend your time 24/7 on here whinging. It’s tragic

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Panic fuel buying on 13:20 - Sep 25 with 822 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 15:19 - Sep 24 by Heisenberg

Government to look at issuing temporary visas to European drivers to deliver fuel from the refineries. Welcome to Brexit Britain.

Brexit ? So the continent must be awash with Lorry drivers but....

Mainland Europe is experiencing an estimated 400,000 lorry driver shortage as port closures across China and the Far East during the Covid pandemic have sparked a global supply chain crisis. Research by logistics analysts Transport Intelligence found that Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 HGV drivers last year.

I am struggling to connect the dots Mr White , or perhaps you are just a bitter man ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Sep 25 with 803 viewsHeisenberg

Panic fuel buying on 13:20 - Sep 25 by Bison

Brexit ? So the continent must be awash with Lorry drivers but....

Mainland Europe is experiencing an estimated 400,000 lorry driver shortage as port closures across China and the Far East during the Covid pandemic have sparked a global supply chain crisis. Research by logistics analysts Transport Intelligence found that Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 HGV drivers last year.

I am struggling to connect the dots Mr White , or perhaps you are just a bitter man ?

Not bitter at all. The difference is Europe can address it by moving labour freely around. We are now looking like going back and offering temporary visas where as prior to Brexit it wouldn’t have been such an issue. Agree there are wider issues. In a free market economy if there is a shortage of labour employers are just going to have to pay more. When there is a labour surplus they are quick to lower wages or alter terms and conditions of employment.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Sep 25 with 803 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 12:05 - Sep 25 by Sadoldgit

Oh!

Where you talking about SoG's ?

Panic fuel buying on 13:34 - Sep 25 with 800 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 13:36 - Sep 25 with 797 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Sep 25 by Heisenberg

Not bitter at all. The difference is Europe can address it by moving labour freely around. We are now looking like going back and offering temporary visas where as prior to Brexit it wouldn’t have been such an issue. Agree there are wider issues. In a free market economy if there is a shortage of labour employers are just going to have to pay more. When there is a labour surplus they are quick to lower wages or alter terms and conditions of employment.

I agree , lorry driving is bloody hard and thankless work and many left due to poor wages ( and the tax rules ) so the fact now that they are hitting the headlines is great , pay them what they are worth. Thats one of the wins about Brexit for me , better pay and conditions due to employers not be able to take the cheap option. Pay a worker what he deserves not what the enforced cheap labour market rate dictates.

Power to the People Brother.

Panic fuel buying on 13:39 - Sep 25 with 791 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 13:36 - Sep 25 by Bison

I agree , lorry driving is bloody hard and thankless work and many left due to poor wages ( and the tax rules ) so the fact now that they are hitting the headlines is great , pay them what they are worth. Thats one of the wins about Brexit for me , better pay and conditions due to employers not be able to take the cheap option. Pay a worker what he deserves not what the enforced cheap labour market rate dictates.

Power to the People Brother.

Young people don't want to drive lorries and the average age of drivers is 56 this is going to be an ongoing problem for years. The government have known about it for ages and done nothing.
Panic fuel buying on 13:45 - Sep 25 with 781 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 13:39 - Sep 25 by kentsouthampton

Young people don't want to drive lorries and the average age of drivers is 56 this is going to be an ongoing problem for years. The government have known about it for ages and done nothing.

I work on IBM Mainframe computer systems and we have a similar problem , however I do not blame the government for that. Is every decision in your life 50/50 ie its the governments fault or its despite the government ? Heads I win tails you lose.

Panic fuel buying on 14:14 - Sep 25 with 756 viewssaint22

My local gas station as imposed a 30quid limit which is pretty smart
Panic fuel buying on 14:16 - Sep 25 with 756 viewskentsouthampton

Panic fuel buying on 13:45 - Sep 25 by Bison

I work on IBM Mainframe computer systems and we have a similar problem , however I do not blame the government for that. Is every decision in your life 50/50 ie its the governments fault or its despite the government ? Heads I win tails you lose.

The government are responsible for infrastructure and making sure the nation is fed, there's nothing stopping them presenting HGV driving as a job to retired servicemen, ex prisoners, reskilling people from jobs made redundant by automation, they've done nothing, they haven't tried anything.
They could subsidise the tests and training, they've done nothing.
Panic fuel buying on 14:29 - Sep 25 with 741 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 14:16 - Sep 25 by kentsouthampton

The government are responsible for infrastructure and making sure the nation is fed, there's nothing stopping them presenting HGV driving as a job to retired servicemen, ex prisoners, reskilling people from jobs made redundant by automation, they've done nothing, they haven't tried anything.
They could subsidise the tests and training, they've done nothing.

No doubt if they did then you would find some link to helping out their 'mates' or lining the pockets of the rich. You saying the government should rock up to Eddie Stobarts head office and say right here's a million quid go and train some more lorry drivers ? Or here is a load of burglars or arsonists go get them behind the wheel of that artic ?

Everything is to do with profit and cheap labour , companies should be made accountable now I would agree that the government could help enforce that but to blame them for everything i don't buy.

Panic fuel buying on 14:30 - Sep 25 with 738 viewsBazza

Panic fuel buying on 13:31 - Sep 25 by Bison

Where you talking about SoG's ?

Can’t be Germany they have a severe shortage of drivers. Maybe Lichtenstein or Monaco could help 😬
Panic fuel buying on 14:34 - Sep 25 with 733 viewsBison

Panic fuel buying on 14:30 - Sep 25 by Bazza

Can’t be Germany they have a severe shortage of drivers. Maybe Lichtenstein or Monaco could help 😬

They cant be there as they both not in the EU , apparently all lorry drivers are in the EU because of Brexit , perhaps Alien Abduction ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024