Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. 06:41 - Oct 1 with 8290 viewspeenemunde

A lot of the big earners off the books and the finances under control, and the team seem to be plodding along nicely.
Well done Mr chairman.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 1079 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:52 - Oct 1 by Badlands

Pleased with the unders who have come through and the way the seniors who are left have shown up.
Pleased with attempts ar returning to our pre-Monk style.
Pleased the ability of the squad to overcome limitations and set backs.
Pleased we have wasted no time addressing the financial situation.
Not pleased with some fans who have made it a crusade to turn every event into reason to attack the club.
Not pleased with Liberty atmosphere or the 'fans' who no longer attend games because they won't see their favourite Premier League teams.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:13]

Top half of that I agree with. The football has been superb. I don’t give Levein and Kaplan credit for much, but Potter was a master stroke, so huge kudos there.

I do think we need to differentiate between criticising those two and ‘attacking the club’. They aren’t the club any more than Tony Petty was.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:10 - Oct 1 with 1072 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:49 - Oct 1 by Pegojack

This.

HUGE plaudits to the coaching staff and players.

Maybe we'll know more about the finances when we get the cheating feckers who sold the club into court.

But not the guys who built the under 23's.

Cheap.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:11 - Oct 1 with 1069 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:05 - Oct 1 by jack247

Top half of that I agree with. The football has been superb. I don’t give Levein and Kaplan credit for much, but Potter was a master stroke, so huge kudos there.

I do think we need to differentiate between criticising those two and ‘attacking the club’. They aren’t the club any more than Tony Petty was.

Yet just as much “the club” as Potter and the players are.

Important to add.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 1060 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:12 - Oct 1 by magicdaps10

They are doing better than I thought so I am extremely happy. My worry is that I hope it will continue and Potter can still get a tune out of the young ones come the winter months.

It's a well known fact that anyone under the age of 24 suffers much more than anyone over it during the months January and February.

Please see Jeff Montero as proof of this ridiculous notion.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 1059 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:11 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

Yet just as much “the club” as Potter and the players are.

Important to add.

Agreed. A part of the club as much as the playing and managerial staff. So ‘attacking’ them whilst praising Potter and the players isn’t ‘attacking the club’ It’s having a go at the owners.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:18 - Oct 1 with 1057 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:15 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

What do you mean by “strip the club clean”?

Are you suggesting that they are keeping the money from player sales?

Let me help out here.

No, basically he doesn't know what he's saying but is repeating other people's nonsense because it makes some kind of sense to him.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:22 - Oct 1 with 1047 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:16 - Oct 1 by jack247

Agreed. A part of the club as much as the playing and managerial staff. So ‘attacking’ them whilst praising Potter and the players isn’t ‘attacking the club’ It’s having a go at the owners.

The owners shape the club, their decisions are what makes the club what it is. What you are talking about sounds like semantics.

If you attack the policies of Swansea City FC, the direction of Swansea City FC, the transfer business of Swansea City FC - then you are attacking the club. A part of it, yes, but the club all the same.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:24 - Oct 1 with 1039 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:57 - Oct 1 by Dewi1jack

This.

If we do get promoted then my worry is we get back the high earning mercenaries we've had to loan out, possibly paying some of their wages.
GP and his staff are starting to really build the team spirit and work ethos we've been missing for the past seasons since Monk was allowed (bad leadership again!) to strip our style.
So far an amazing job
Bring the Mercs back and I do think team spirit will suffer again.

Why have we got these high earning mercenaries that were signed in desperation?
P1sspoor leadership in the past couple of seasons. The same happening on the last few days of the last transfer window

People being laid off.
We know there was a jobs for the boys/ family/ friends culture and maybe the right people for the job weren't hired/ too many people hired, so it needed a cull
IMHO it still needs a cull.

Here's where I'm at at the mo

On the field.
Isn't it great to be watching players try their best?
Starting to really get my enjoyment of watching the Swans back up to where we were from the Tapas waiter through to Monks first half of the season (after Loudstrop). Only hard period there was under Sousaball, still successful though and gave Brenda his platform to take us to the top.
Yes they're kids and learning so mistakes will happen- be patient with them we're watching something good develop again.
Player/ manager unity. Players fighting for each other rather than with one and other.

On the field- Mmmmmm mmmm
Possible promotion and a Cup final watching us win in May anyone?

Off the field.
Still some inept people working in the background.
Leaders still lying to and keeping the Trust in the dark
The leaders, who have alienated the fans, lied to the Trust and the buyers, who've lied, cheated their way to building contracts, who have cost the club £100's of millions through p1sspoor management and player acquisitions are still employed either directly or as "consultants"

Relegation. now we're paying heavy rent for the stadium instead of next to nothing even though we've lost around £60 million by dropping a division.
Still no news on Pearlmann or Beaky taking a pay cut- they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if they had have taken one.

Finances, still a fukin mess according to Beaky and Pearlmanns admission. (This is where E20 pops up even though he won't answer questions I have set him in the past. Mart 6/ badlands etc will down arrow this!)

Beaky and all the other snide, manipulative lying sell outs should be no where near the club.
They'd walk away if they really cared about the club or it's fans. The only thing they give a fuk about is their bank balances.

So. Off the field.
Still appears to be FUBAR

On the pitch (including all staff working directly with the players)- very happy
Off the pitch- quite dismayed

It needs down arrows alright, it's a seriously shit post.

Starting from the point that we'd get our own loan players back and we'd have to pay part of their wages??

WTF???

The rest mate you want to stop reading the nonsense on here and open your eyes.

All the credit you give to Potter stems from all the hard work from the academy and his careful recruitment.

Fed up of these dull, uniformed pieces of pish.

Login to get fewer ads

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:27 - Oct 1 with 1037 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:22 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

The owners shape the club, their decisions are what makes the club what it is. What you are talking about sounds like semantics.

If you attack the policies of Swansea City FC, the direction of Swansea City FC, the transfer business of Swansea City FC - then you are attacking the club. A part of it, yes, but the club all the same.

I didn’t view Tony Petty as the club back in the day either. I don’t think anyone did.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:30 - Oct 1 with 1033 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:27 - Oct 1 by Catullus

All top flight players are mercenaries, as are any players who desperately chase the money....it's only human, most of us have been, are or will be mercenary. It's not looking to improve that's the issue to me, it's the complete and utter greed, expecting pay rises when you've been (at best) poor and mostly utter rubbish or on relegation claiming you are better than this division and jumping ship to the best playing club and all too often these players are already millionaires.
Did any of the players who left us, managed to get back to the EPL, do anything to show they deserved it, apart from Fabianski?

As far as the season goes, I'm happy with the playing side but still very cynical about behind the scenes even though I accept that cuts had to be made.
Amongst the many stupid mistakes was not taking 8 million for Jordan Ayew. I mean, come on, do the maths. Holding out for a players true value is one thing, but when you are desperate to reduce the wage bill and a big earner can be offloaded, balance out how much another 6 months of his wages are with the offer and say it makes sense. Saying he's worth 15 million and I'm not budging is hardly pragmatic.

Potter and the players are exceeding my expectations, the manager obviously is very good at getting the best out of players and the youngsters are responding to the trust placed in them.

Nobody in their right mind would truly blame the board for not taking the first offer we'd had for our top scorer and assist maker, Jordan Ayew.

Everyone thought back then we could get more. Everyone.

It's only the plumbs among us that bring it back up because it suits their ever tedious agenda.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:35 - Oct 1 with 1028 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:27 - Oct 1 by jack247

I didn’t view Tony Petty as the club back in the day either. I don’t think anyone did.

That’s because he wasn’t running it as a club. He had the intention to take over it to wind it down.

The Americans are proper owners with an actual plan in place and have been here longer than the manager and many of the players and continue to do more good for the club than many of our fans. They have created pretty much everything people are lauding at the moment.

That’s why they are every bit the club as they are referred to as.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:36]

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 1023 viewsicecoldjack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 07:34 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

How do you know the finances are under control? It seems to me that there’s more mess to clean up before the back patting starts.

Great start, well done Mr Potter and players.

Spot on post .

Nobody knows the ins and outs of our finances yet.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:37 - Oct 1 with 1021 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:27 - Oct 1 by jack247

Oh come on mate, you're going nowhere with this.

The club has been attacked and when I say the Club they are referring to its owners and directors. .

Nobody in their right mind would ever look back at Petty's two minutes here and describe him as the bloody club. But our new owners have spent 70m on buying SCFC and it's their club now.

Theirs, but very much ours too.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:40 - Oct 1 with 1014 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 09:42 - Oct 1 by Catullus

Everything we discuss is a matter of opinion because of differing perceptions.

No it isn’t.

You can have your own opinions, you can’t have your own facts.

Facts are facts.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:42 - Oct 1 with 1014 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:37 - Oct 1 by _

Oh come on mate, you're going nowhere with this.

The club has been attacked and when I say the Club they are referring to its owners and directors. .

Nobody in their right mind would ever look back at Petty's two minutes here and describe him as the bloody club. But our new owners have spent 70m on buying SCFC and it's their club now.

Theirs, but very much ours too.

I’m genuinely surprised that you view them as the club.

You of all people should understand the difference between owning and being SCFC. Part of the club, yes. Majority owners of the club, yes. They aren’t and they never will be the club.

Your last line - bang on.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:45 - Oct 1 with 1005 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:42 - Oct 1 by jack247

You of all people should understand the difference between owning and being SCFC. Part of the club, yes. Majority owners of the club, yes. They aren’t and they never will be the club.

So when the club signed Celina.

You would disagree and say “the owners signed Celina”?

I think you are being pedantic because you don’t want to face the fact that this vendetta is harming the club.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:52 - Oct 1 with 992 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:35 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

That’s because he wasn’t running it as a club. He had the intention to take over it to wind it down.

The Americans are proper owners with an actual plan in place and have been here longer than the manager and many of the players and continue to do more good for the club than many of our fans. They have created pretty much everything people are lauding at the moment.

That’s why they are every bit the club as they are referred to as.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 10:36]

So they are better owners than Tony Petty. Even much loved, benevolent owners like Gibson at Middlesbrough aren’t referred to as ‘the club’ as far as I’m aware.

If they are going to be credited with the creation of everything everyone is lauding at the moment, then it’s only balanced to acknowledge the shambles that they turned us into over the two previous years. But that’s already been done to death.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:59 - Oct 1 with 982 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:52 - Oct 1 by jack247

So they are better owners than Tony Petty. Even much loved, benevolent owners like Gibson at Middlesbrough aren’t referred to as ‘the club’ as far as I’m aware.

If they are going to be credited with the creation of everything everyone is lauding at the moment, then it’s only balanced to acknowledge the shambles that they turned us into over the two previous years. But that’s already been done to death.

Not just better owners. They created the whole essence of it. The manager, the style, the players, the staff - everything.

If Middlesbrough fans started attacking the clubs transfer policy, financial decisions, ethos - they would be very much attacking the club. If you are slagging off Kaplan and Levein personality then by all means you may do that. Start slagging the direction of the club and that is attacking the club.

You may by all means go back 2 years and criticise the club if you wish. I however would hope that we would make many of those same decisions if faced with similar options again given the same scenario - as I have already told you.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 11:03]

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:07 - Oct 1 with 966 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:45 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

So when the club signed Celina.

You would disagree and say “the owners signed Celina”?

I think you are being pedantic because you don’t want to face the fact that this vendetta is harming the club.

Yeah absolutely they signed Celina. Just like they signed and sold Clucas and Mesa. Signed and loaned out Andre Ayew and Borja. It was 100% them appointing Bob Bradley too. For balance, they also appointed Graham Potter.

It’s hardly a vendetta. It’s criticism as a direct result of their actions since being here.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:11 - Oct 1 with 957 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:07 - Oct 1 by jack247

Yeah absolutely they signed Celina. Just like they signed and sold Clucas and Mesa. Signed and loaned out Andre Ayew and Borja. It was 100% them appointing Bob Bradley too. For balance, they also appointed Graham Potter.

It’s hardly a vendetta. It’s criticism as a direct result of their actions since being here.

But it’s not true is it. Who owns Celina’s registration then? The club or Kaplan?

The club signed Celina.

You know that also but are being stubborn and pedantic.

It’s absolutely a vendetta. They have been utterly perfect this season in all facets.

As I said, you can go back years and moan about the clubs decisions but I again, would hope we would make similar decisions all over again if faced with the same scenarios. Some work, some don’t. That’s football.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:12 - Oct 1 with 955 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:59 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

Not just better owners. They created the whole essence of it. The manager, the style, the players, the staff - everything.

If Middlesbrough fans started attacking the clubs transfer policy, financial decisions, ethos - they would be very much attacking the club. If you are slagging off Kaplan and Levein personality then by all means you may do that. Start slagging the direction of the club and that is attacking the club.

You may by all means go back 2 years and criticise the club if you wish. I however would hope that we would make many of those same decisions if faced with similar options again given the same scenario - as I have already told you.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 11:03]

Hold on. They created the players and the playing style? Huge credit for appointing Potter, but let’s nit go overboard.

Most of those decisions were made in scenarios they created
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:13 - Oct 1 with 950 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 10:42 - Oct 1 by jack247

Well if my last line is bang on then of course they're the Club. It's theirs.

We are getting drawn into a silly battle of semantics here though.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:15 - Oct 1 with 942 viewsohsusannah

Was the plan to utilise under 23s to go into a full season ,their first at this level ,or simply the case that ,given the dross purchased , they were the only option. That they have come good is most welcome and has got Mr Jenkins off the hook.

No way we're they ever going to allow Jenkins to lose more money .

Potter is a dream come true for him
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:19 - Oct 1 with 933 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:13 - Oct 1 by _

Well if my last line is bang on then of course they're the Club. It's theirs.

We are getting drawn into a silly battle of semantics here though.

It is their club. They bought it. Just like I bought my house and my car.

Yes, you’re probably right, it is going to turn into a silly battle of semantics. I suppose it’s down to interpretation. If people want to view Levein and Kaplin as the club, that’s their prerogative. I just see them as custodians.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:25 - Oct 1 with 919 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:12 - Oct 1 by jack247

Hold on. They created the players and the playing style? Huge credit for appointing Potter, but let’s nit go overboard.

Most of those decisions were made in scenarios they created

Yes, yes they did.

Do you think they just put their own through the managerial phone book and just landed on Potter? They had a plan of how they wanted the team to play and how we go forward as a club. They appointed Potter as the man to do that. How we play is down to them, make no mistake.

You just said yourself you think they signed Celina. They signed the other new players too, as well as implement the plan to tap into te success if our U23 team. If the fans had their way McBurnie, Rodon, Fulton et al would still be rotting on the sidelines while their opportunity was taken away by further mercenary types as they are being described as.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024