Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Licence 08:14 - Jun 11 with 920 viewsChesham_Saint

Pretty shocking expecting all these pensioners to have to stump up for a licence fee. It seems to me at the least that ex service men/women should be entitled to a freebie. In the US for example they treat their military with far greater respect and they are entitled to all kinds of discounts on goods and services.

As for the BBC, cost cutting on So-called ‘talent’ would go a long way to help. Just take football. Whilst some presenters are quite good all of them are vastly overpaid. Radio - the likes of Steve Wright and Jeremy Vine on huge salaries when there must be hundreds of other (probably more talented) people who’d do it for way, way less.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

BBC Licence on 10:39 - Jun 11 with 862 viewsOccasional_Showers

Just privatise the BBC. It's the one thing that makes sense to privatise.

BBC Licence (n/t) on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 778 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 11 Jun 21:10]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

BBC Licence (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 11 with 766 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 11 Jun 21:11]

BBC Licence on 13:09 - Jun 11 with 743 viewsChesham_Saint

BBC Licence (n/t) on 12:53 - Jun 11 by DellHero

[Post edited 11 Jun 21:11]

Giving them a bit extra doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Ok just give it to "other ranks" and leave the officer class out if you hate the idea of the services that much.

So one person you know is "screwing the system" therefore they all are. I'm thinking when you retire (like me) you'll never have put yourself in a position where you could be killed as part of your work?

BBC Licence (n/t) on 13:20 - Jun 11 with 727 viewsDellHero

BBC Licence on 13:09 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

Giving them a bit extra doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Ok just give it to "other ranks" and leave the officer class out if you hate the idea of the services that much.

So one person you know is "screwing the system" therefore they all are. I'm thinking when you retire (like me) you'll never have put yourself in a position where you could be killed as part of your work?

[Post edited 11 Jun 21:10]

BBC Licence on 13:26 - Jun 11 with 720 viewsitoldyouso

Dell Hero makes some good points, a world war 2 vets way different to some psycho para in northern ireland or a bog standard get paid to do sport most days squaddie or skate. Good pensions often more than 1. Having said that the blokes that go from care homes in to the army often end up homeless after a few years in the forces after they've left. A fellow worker s brother did most of his mod plod training but then failed to pass but he still calls himself a VETeran...some right chancers out there.

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

BBC Licence on 13:27 - Jun 11 with 717 viewsitoldyouso

BBC Licence on 13:09 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

Bet you stereotype people on benefits and single mums though

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

BBC Licence on 13:52 - Jun 11 with 684 viewsMessysaints

It should just be removed, the BBC is rubbish. what right does a company have to have a law that forces people to pay for crappy BBC services.

Just read what your TV license pays for, it should be a subscription service like Sky, not a law to watch all tv channels / radio channels and the bbc website, making us pay to watch live tv channels they don't even own or ones you have to pay for yet also have to pay bbc to use, its a fcking rip off and is just a con.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Licence on 15:08 - Jun 11 with 638 viewsMarcus_y

BBC Licence on 13:52 - Jun 11 by Messysaints

It should just be removed, the BBC is rubbish. what right does a company have to have a law that forces people to pay for crappy BBC services.

Just read what your TV license pays for, it should be a subscription service like Sky, not a law to watch all tv channels / radio channels and the bbc website, making us pay to watch live tv channels they don't even own or ones you have to pay for yet also have to pay bbc to use, its a fcking rip off and is just a con.

BBC Licence on 18:29 - Jun 11 with 556 viewsChesham_Saint

BBC Licence on 13:27 - Jun 11 by itoldyouso

Bet you stereotype people on benefits and single mums though

Squaddie psycho paras in Northern Island eh? No wonder you like that Hammas supporting IRA tramp, Corrbyn.

BBC Licence on 19:17 - Jun 11 with 523 viewsOccasional_Showers

BBC Licence on 15:08 - Jun 11 by Marcus_y

What brilliant advice. I think he should have his own consumers affairs tv show.
BBC Licence on 23:49 - Jun 11 with 410 viewskernow

BBC Licence on 19:17 - Jun 11 by Occasional_Showers

What brilliant advice. I think he should have his own consumers affairs tv show.

The BBC should employ him to shut him up. Like they did with Radio Caroline.

BBC Licence on 00:12 - Jun 12 with 400 viewskentsouthampton

The Tories promised to keep this in their manifesto,old people mostly vote Tory,karma's a bitch.
BBC Licence on 06:44 - Jun 12 with 340 viewskentsouthampton

BBC Licence on 10:39 - Jun 11 by Occasional_Showers

Just privatise the BBC. It's the one thing that makes sense to privatise.

We survived two world wars,we can survive anything,boo hoo they've taken away our free TV licence. So much for the British Dunkirk spirit that will get us through brexit.
BBC Licence on 06:52 - Jun 12 with 335 viewsOccasional_Showers

BBC Licence on 06:44 - Jun 12 by kentsouthampton

We survived two world wars,we can survive anything,boo hoo they've taken away our free TV licence. So much for the British Dunkirk spirit that will get us through brexit.

What are you on about?

It just makes sense to privatise it where it didn't make sense to privatise the utilities.

In other news Boris has issued a rallying cry on the threat of Corbyn and Labour..

“We cannot let them anywhere near Downing Street and I would remind you that the last time I faced an emanation of that Marxist cabal I defeated him when the Conservatives were 17 points behind in London. And we can do it again,”

He is right. Keeping Corbyn out is the most vital fight we must win since ww2. It would ruin this country if he ever got in.
BBC Licence on 10:26 - Jun 12 with 286 viewskernow

BBC Licence on 06:52 - Jun 12 by Occasional_Showers

What are you on about?

It just makes sense to privatise it where it didn't make sense to privatise the utilities.

In other news Boris has issued a rallying cry on the threat of Corbyn and Labour..

“We cannot let them anywhere near Downing Street and I would remind you that the last time I faced an emanation of that Marxist cabal I defeated him when the Conservatives were 17 points behind in London. And we can do it again,”

He is right. Keeping Corbyn out is the most vital fight we must win since ww2. It would ruin this country if he ever got in.

If it's a choice between Corbyn and Johnson I'd say we're fukt already.
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:27]
BBC Licence on 14:11 - Jun 12 with 189 viewskentsouthampton

BBC Licence on 10:26 - Jun 12 by kernow

If it's a choice between Corbyn and Johnson I'd say we're fukt already.
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:27]

Bojo the clown is unelectable.
BBC Licence on 16:10 - Jun 12 with 166 viewsDellHero

BBC Licence on 14:11 - Jun 12 by kentsouthampton

It’ll come down to a two-horse race with him as one of them. Then the Tory nut jobs will vote for a ‘big name’ to defeat magic grandpa when the GE comes along.

BBC Licence on 17:48 - Jun 12 with 131 viewsOccasional_Showers

BBC Licence on 14:11 - Jun 12 by kentsouthampton

He won, for the Tories, in London of all places. He most certainly is electable and he'll be very popular in Labour Tory marginal seats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019