Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 06:21 - Sep 11 with 750 viewsPatfromPoole

Absolute shambles at the turnstiles last night.

Half-hour queue to get in the Chapel; I got in just in time for the 3rd goal of the game. Ridiculously low number of turnstiles opened up; I assumed the delay was due to extensive body / bag searches being done, but none of that all.

Was surprised our fans were so tolerant of the situation. Stewards kept saying “write to the FA”.

Not a good night at all for the club.

England on 08:13 - Sep 11 with 658 viewsarfurdent

and as the ITV commentator said the Goal Line Technology was broken. Another good advert

Mind you it was England who are at best Shite non caring overpaid superheros

white Fiat driver wanted

England on 08:20 - Sep 11 with 651 viewsSalisburySaint

after seeing you outside, i had to get to Northam end where queues were long, but i got in time to see a replay of the Kosovo first goal on big screen

Thought atmosphere was excellent in whole ground last night, but was glad i was the opposite end to that bloody band

England on 08:28 - Sep 11 with 645 viewsthis_charming_man

Many Pompey show then? Rumours going round as usual they were going to.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

England on 08:30 - Sep 11 with 643 viewsBuggalugs

Saw you in the Grumpy Monkey prior to ko Pat. Was going to exchange pleasantries on the way out, but you seemed to have already gone. I left about 7.15 and got in the Kingsland/Northam corner with 10 minutes to spare. Loads of empty seats visible in the Chapel kop until well into the first half though, so clearly problems at that end.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

England on 08:32 - Sep 11 with 638 viewsthis_charming_man

England on 08:30 - Sep 11 by Buggalugs

Saw you in the Grumpy Monkey prior to ko Pat. Was going to exchange pleasantries on the way out, but you seemed to have already gone. I left about 7.15 and got in the Kingsland/Northam corner with 10 minutes to spare. Loads of empty seats visible in the Chapel kop until well into the first half though, so clearly problems at that end.

I guess demand was high for the chapel kop with visting fans desperate to sample its special atmosphere

England on 08:44 - Sep 11 with 617 viewsPatfromPoole

England on 08:30 - Sep 11 by Buggalugs

Sorry to have missed you, sir.
England on 08:45 - Sep 11 with 616 viewsPatfromPoole

England on 08:28 - Sep 11 by this_charming_man

Didn’t see any Pomps. Plenty of Saints in the Chapel Kop.

England on 09:25 - Sep 11 with 582 viewsSalisburySaint

not sure its totally fair to blame Saints for queues at ground, with the M27 closure the traffic was far worse than a normal evening in Southampton (often Gridlocked outside the Platform tavern where I was) and i'm sure loads of people got to the ground later than planned, which had a knock on effect on the likes of you and me who left until 10 mins before kick off to get to the ground
Login to get fewer ads

England on 09:32 - Sep 11 with 573 viewsPatfromPoole

England on 09:25 - Sep 11 by SalisburySaint

not sure its totally fair to blame Saints for queues at ground, with the M27 closure the traffic was far worse than a normal evening in Southampton (often Gridlocked outside the Platform tavern where I was) and i'm sure loads of people got to the ground later than planned, which had a knock on effect on the likes of you and me who left until 10 mins before kick off to get to the ground

There seemed to me to be a shortage of turnstiles open at the Chapel Kop. The queue was painfully slow to move.
England on 09:56 - Sep 11 with 539 viewsSaintNick

England on 09:32 - Sep 11 by PatfromPoole

There seemed to me to be a shortage of turnstiles open at the Chapel Kop. The queue was painfully slow to move.

I got there about 10 minutes before the kick off and the queues were massive for the Kingsland, or at least looked so, till you got to the turnstiles and there were three queues, the one nearest the bridge and also coming from the other end was massive, the middle one had only about 20 in it.

There was one steward managing the queues and he wasnt really organising it, there was no more security than for a saints game I can only think that there were too many people there who dont usually go to football matches, I was surrounded by people who clearly were there because it was an event and had no clue about football.

The woman in front of me waving her England flag, jumped up and cheered when Kosovo scored their first she really hadnt a clue which side was which

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England on 10:04 - Sep 11 with 521 viewsthis_charming_man

England on 09:56 - Sep 11 by SaintNick

I got there about 10 minutes before the kick off and the queues were massive for the Kingsland, or at least looked so, till you got to the turnstiles and there were three queues, the one nearest the bridge and also coming from the other end was massive, the middle one had only about 20 in it.

There was one steward managing the queues and he wasnt really organising it, there was no more security than for a saints game I can only think that there were too many people there who dont usually go to football matches, I was surrounded by people who clearly were there because it was an event and had no clue about football.

The woman in front of me waving her England flag, jumped up and cheered when Kosovo scored their first she really hadnt a clue which side was which

England on 10:25 - Sep 11 with 495 viewshedgeend61

After the hour 5 mile drive in from Hedge End, left 540pm as knew of the traffic problems, got to block K of the Northam around 7ish with about 100 already queuing, to see only one of the two turnstiles open.
Why?, what's all that about? Not enough staff? Weren't expecting a big crowd?
Around 730 they seemed to open up the exit gate and just let fans through showing tickets.

No search whatsoever, but the fella in front of us had one of those nylon England flags draped over him (material like those big big red on white ones they dish out in the Northam this season) and the steward said (wait for it, Gods honest truth)
Have you got a fire certificate for the flag?
Fella says, you are fcking joking?
He wasn't.

England on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 461 viewsBLEEDRED

Lots of the problems were down to the M27 delays.
There were no seachs of any kind at the Itchen turnstiles just walked straight in
100's of Kosovo fans in home areas, asked a group a few rows in front of me how they got tickets- easy we just joined the England supporters club (after all we all live in England!!!
England on 10:47 - Sep 11 with 437 viewsericofarabia

England on 08:28 - Sep 11 by this_charming_man

I heard a whisper that the The Tattooed Smelly Tramp was refused entry at the turnstiles .... any ITK confirmations?
England on 11:00 - Sep 11 with 424 viewsSaintNick

England on 10:47 - Sep 11 by ericofarabia

I heard a whisper that the The Tattooed Smelly Tramp was refused entry at the turnstiles .... any ITK confirmations?

I havent heard that one but they are moaning on social media that they were ordered to take their flags down

England on 11:08 - Sep 11 with 415 viewsthis_charming_man

England on 11:00 - Sep 11 by SaintNick

I havent heard that one but they are moaning on social media that they were ordered to take their flags down

Some freak posted a picture on twitter of a near empty St Marys with a Pompey flag, must have been at least an hour before kick off as weren't even any players warming up, saying "love it, taking the p*ss in scums backyard"

What an utter wierdo.

England on 11:19 - Sep 11 with 406 viewsSaintNick

England on 11:08 - Sep 11 by this_charming_man

Some freak posted a picture on twitter of a near empty St Marys with a Pompey flag, must have been at least an hour before kick off as weren't even any players warming up, saying "love it, taking the p*ss in scums backyard"

What an utter wierdo.

Not like they are obsessed then

England on 11:51 - Sep 11 with 367 viewsSonicBoom

Let's be honest its pathetic. Saints have been managing games at the stadium for 20 years now. England come to town and an hour before kick off and they don't have all the turnstiles open.
You don't have to be an expert in crowd control to work out that might be a problem.
England on 13:12 - Sep 11 with 306 viewsthis_charming_man

England on 10:47 - Sep 11 by ericofarabia

It’s true

England on 13:18 - Sep 11 with 299 viewsPatfromPoole

England on 13:12 - Sep 11 by this_charming_man

It’s true

He really is as stupid as he looks. Which is some achievement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019