Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! 07:17 - Mar 1 with 2154 viewsareasix

Not only was he happy to unsettle the whole Saints setup for 6 months after we had nursed him back from his injury , paid him in full for only playing 2/3rds of the games when he was here he then on football focus will dismiss Southampton of course he has joined a better team they are the saints A team and he was playing for Saints B team a feeder club for Liverpool. He loves the new fans no mention of us. He put his head down while at saints I know he was destructive in the changing rooms from all the stories that leaked out. Although a class player why sign a 6 year contract and then leave within a year we were only a stepping stone and if a Spanish giant comes knocking he will leave Liverpool for the same reason MONEY.

Virgil van Dijk says he had to "step up" his game when he joined Liverpool for £75m in January.
The former Celtic and Southampton centre-back, 26, scored on his debut at Anfield against Everton in the FA Cup.
However, Van Dijk says he has needed time to adapt to Jurgen Klopp's high-tempo, pressing style of play.
"I am getting used to how we play," he told Football Focus. "The intensity of our game is a lot higher than what I was used to."
The Netherlands international added: "Every day here is tough. We work very hard, run a lot and there is a big difference. I needed to step up my game, especially in the beginning. "
Van Dijk joined the Saints from Celtic for £13m in September 2015.
He had been expected to move to Liverpool last summer after he handed in a transfer request but a move fell through when the Anfield club apologised for making an alleged illegal approach and he was forced to train alone by manager Mauricio Pellegrino.
He returned to first-team action in September and finally joined Liverpool on 1 January for the biggest fee ever paid for a defender.
"People don't know what really happened," he said. "I kept my head down and kept playing. I was out for eight months and was just happy to play again.
"I just switched on again after the transfer window in the summer. I didn't think about anything until I got a phone call from the Southampton board."
A late Van Dijk header settled a Merseyside derby in the FA Cup third round on 5 January.
Speaking about his debut he added: "It was a crazy and busy week, something special that I will never forget. I wasn't even supposed to start the [Everton] game."
Liverpool are third in the Premier League, two points behind Manchester United, and thrashed Porto 5-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.
"I came here to achieve everything possible," said Van Dijk.
"I made the choice to come here base on everything. I love the fans, the atmosphere in the stadium and at away games. The quality we have in our team is unbelievable. I am proud and happy to be here.
"Klopp is very good and an amazing guy as well. A lot of the attributes he has makes us achieve good things in the future."

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 07:30 - Mar 1 with 2123 viewspatred

begins with F
ends with F

I hope all the bridges you burnt come back to haunt you

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 08:34 - Mar 1 with 2054 viewsgrumpy

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 07:30 - Mar 1 by patred

begins with F
ends with F

I will be surprised if VVD lives up to his transfer fee.

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 08:44 - Mar 1 with 2043 viewsWinchesterExile

But his comments about fitness and intensity are interesting. We do seem to stroll about a bit at times and therefore lack pace and creativity.

Somehow I doubt this will change though!
VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 2018 viewsSaintNick

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 08:44 - Mar 1 by WinchesterExile

But his comments about fitness and intensity are interesting. We do seem to stroll about a bit at times and therefore lack pace and creativity.

Somehow I doubt this will change though!

Liverpool play a lot differently to us, their game is based on spending all their money on attacking flair and pouring forward, over the past few years they have neglected the back four, hence they get overun at the back.

The question is whether Van Dijk alone is the answer, they probably need at least one more central defender and at least one more full back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 1912 viewskingolaf

Ive said it before. He's not world class. He'll get found out.

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 11:53 - Mar 1 with 1846 viewsSonicBoom

What really hurts is that he's probably right. He has more chance of winning something there.
They do play a higher tempo pressing game than us. That's true. (not sure that applies to CB's though).
He says they run a lot more - that may well be true. .
If it is then we need to look at our intensity.

I always liked the "high press". I don't believe there are many teams that can keep the ball if you press them quickly. After a few passes they generally give it away. We did it well under Poch and even Koeman but we don't do that now. We sit and wait and are happy to defend deeper. It's the tactic MP chooses but it puts pressure on our defence which isn't the best. Might have actually worked when we had better CB's.

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 11:59 - Mar 1 with 1837 viewssaint68

The guy's a 24 carat knob.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 1754 viewssaint22

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 11:53 - Mar 1 by SonicBoom

What really hurts is that he's probably right. He has more chance of winning something there.
They do play a higher tempo pressing game than us. That's true. (not sure that applies to CB's though).
He says they run a lot more - that may well be true. .
If it is then we need to look at our intensity.

I always liked the "high press". I don't believe there are many teams that can keep the ball if you press them quickly. After a few passes they generally give it away. We did it well under Poch and even Koeman but we don't do that now. We sit and wait and are happy to defend deeper. It's the tactic MP chooses but it puts pressure on our defence which isn't the best. Might have actually worked when we had better CB's.

Exactly this
He is a money grabbing coont no doubt BUT since we dropped our high pressing quick passing tempo game we have dropped further and further from the side we were
Coincidence I think not
We need to see that fitness and energy return and no better game to start with than this weekend
Login to get fewer ads

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 16:15 - Mar 1 with 1643 viewsWinchesterExile

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 09:08 - Mar 1 by SaintNick

Liverpool play a lot differently to us, their game is based on spending all their money on attacking flair and pouring forward, over the past few years they have neglected the back four, hence they get overun at the back.

The question is whether Van Dijk alone is the answer, they probably need at least one more central defender and at least one more full back

They certainly do play differently to us! We play consistently poorly.
VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 22:54 - Mar 1 with 1507 viewsdarthvader

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 11:59 - Mar 1 by saint68

The guy's a 24 carat knob.

Prick of the highest order i hope the cünt gets his precious hair burnt off by a freak cooking accident

keep the faith coyr

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 07:30 - Mar 2 with 1458 viewsKriSaint

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 07:30 - Mar 1 by patred

begins with F
ends with F

Fücking Függött?

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 05:45 - Mar 3 with 1362 viewsareasix

If you want to waste 5 mins of your time he is on football focus today if they don't bump him off for the weather , how to keep fixtures on etc which would be a far better watch then how brilliant it is at Liverpool and how he gave his all for the badge of Saints boll--ks.

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 1266 viewsinthebox

We nursed him and made a tone of money. It's not his fault that we have an A team in the north that responsibility is Reed's, it's his job to manage these things, he thinks he's doing a great job keeping Saints financially viable. It's a gamble. He's right about the energy levels, the pressing has eased off a lot since Poch went. MP on the sideline keeps performing that hard pressing dance kind of thing but the players just ignore him or simply don't know what he means.
VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 1259 viewsTimSaint

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 05:45 - Mar 3 by areasix

If you want to waste 5 mins of your time he is on football focus today if they don't bump him off for the weather , how to keep fixtures on etc which would be a far better watch then how brilliant it is at Liverpool and how he gave his all for the badge of Saints boll--ks.

Wonder if he will mention Saints putting him through his rehab from injury, Klopp tapping him up, putting in a transfer request a year after signing a 6 year contract, going into a strop when not getting his way, going on strike, expecting to be loved by players and fans when he finally decided to return, being disruptive to all at the club and then playing at 60%, avoiding tackles etc whilst we got him semi match fit for his sale in January !!

TimSaint

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 10:25 - Mar 3 with 1252 viewsChesham_Saint

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 10:09 - Mar 3 by TimSaint

Wonder if he will mention Saints putting him through his rehab from injury, Klopp tapping him up, putting in a transfer request a year after signing a 6 year contract, going into a strop when not getting his way, going on strike, expecting to be loved by players and fans when he finally decided to return, being disruptive to all at the club and then playing at 60%, avoiding tackles etc whilst we got him semi match fit for his sale in January !!

As long as he doesn’t mention his erectile problems and how Klopp is on his knees helping him recover....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

VVD sticks the knife in Saints again! on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 1212 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Nuff said !!!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020