Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrible Liverpool fans 18:42 - Aug 17 with 8671 viewsSaintsforeverj

Once again pockets of trouble all around the ground because of taunting Liverpool idiots in the home end. Next to me and my family were 6 of them who cheered the first goal in our faces. They got so much stick that they didn't cheer the second. The usual in your face flairs.

Outside the coaches a young boy was receiving medical treatment due to being hit. They were all goading and taking the p. Even the fans getting on their coach from Dorset. Obvious problems again in Itchen North and other areas of the ground. Horrible fans and can't stand the club.
[Post edited 17 Aug 18:45]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:32 - Aug 18 with 1433 viewsBuggalugs

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:16 - Aug 18 by grumpy

I'll tell you what is a idiotic statement,saying home fans would would locate themselves wherever the away fans were. Are you telling me that those fans in the Northam would say hey! the away have moved I'm off to sit next to them.
I was at the game yesterday and the way Liverpool fans had half of the Northam End definitely had an impact on the atmosphere.
This apathetic attitude will be our undoing if we don't do something about it.
I felt that we could have put a lot more pressure on Liverpool if the atmosphere was better from the start.

...but the Saints half of the Northam makes fvck all noise nowadays as only 500 max bother to sing....and thats only the mongy version of OWTS anyway. How does having an additional 3000 Saints fans in that stand make any difference, when there’s already 3000 in there not contributing?

I think believing our performances and results are linked to where the away fans are in the stadium is the most idiotic statement I’ve ever heard.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:45 - Aug 18 with 1389 viewsdirk_doone

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:32 - Aug 18 by Buggalugs

...but the Saints half of the Northam makes fvck all noise nowadays as only 500 max bother to sing....and thats only the mongy version of OWTS anyway. How does having an additional 3000 Saints fans in that stand make any difference, when there’s already 3000 in there not contributing?

I think believing our performances and results are linked to where the away fans are in the stadium is the most idiotic statement I’ve ever heard.

The home support yesterday was excellent so you clearly weren't there.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 1384 viewsBicester_North

I'll tell you what is a idiotic statement,saying home fans would would locate themselves wherever the away fans were. Are you telling me that those fans in the Northam would say hey! the away have moved I'm off to sit next to them.
I was at the game yesterday and the way Liverpool fans had half of the Northam End definitely had an impact on the atmosphere.
I felt that we could have put a lot more pressure on Liverpool if the atmosphere was better from the start.

I can definitely think of one that would say ’hey!’

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:47 - Aug 18 with 1381 viewsOccasional_Showers

The reason home fans choose to sit in the Itchen North and in the Northam home blocks is because of the proximity to the away fans. If you move the away fans to the Chapel you’d just see the Itchen North lot move to the Itchen South and the Northam lot move to the chapel.

You’d then want to away fans moved back to the Northam...

Poll: Greta Thunberg? Your view

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:50 - Aug 18 with 1377 viewsdirk_doone

Grumpy, ignore them The 3 apathetic fans who post that garbage on here hardly ever bother going to go games so they are in no way representative of the fans who do.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:55 - Aug 18 with 1365 viewsgrumpy

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:50 - Aug 18 by dirk_doone

Grumpy, ignore them The 3 apathetic fans who post that garbage on here hardly ever bother going to go games so they are in no way representative of the fans who do.

I think you are right,Dirk.I cant even be bothered anymore,their arguments are just nonesense.

Hey! move over I want to sit next to the away fans.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:57]
Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 1347 viewsBuggalugs

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:25 - Aug 18 by dirk_doone

As someone who was trying to buy tickets for relatives from abroad who are Saints fans, I can tell you that you are talking a load of b--ll--cks, which is what we've come to expect from you. You probably weren't even at the game so your superior know-it-all attitude doesn't fool anyone.

The club wouldn't even let me buy an extra ticket several weeks in advance of the game for a £35 membership, + a ticket for the Koln game + the £65 face value: a total of more than £100.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:59]

Your buying tickets for relatives abroad story has nothing to do with the capacity of the stadium; that’s all about SFC’s “purchase history” ticketing policy, which is obviously in place to minimise away fans in the home end.

If you were a know-it-all like myself, you’d be aware that all season ticket holders got an email from the club several weeks ago saying we can buy up to 4 additional tickets for the Liverpool game should we so wish. For your information, this is what they do when they’re struggling to sell them and to avoid future idiocy, the same email has been sent re the Man Utd game.

Perhaps you should re-read what I actually said next time and comment on that, instead of throwing childish insults.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:03 - Aug 18 with 1345 viewsdirk_doone

Horrible Liverpool fans on 07:39 - Aug 18 by Mushty

In the comments: "He supports Portsmouth and could not go to Sunderland"

He could have, they sent back most of their tickets.

But in reality, just a gobby plastic scallie who came unstuck.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. That comment was just posted by a Pompey fan (the address was Chichester) trying to big themselves up, including the implication that they had sold out their allocation for Sunderland. Anyway, he didn't look very big when he got punched and then thrown out.
[Post edited 18 Aug 11:06]

Login to get fewer ads

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:03 - Aug 18 with 1344 viewsOccasional_Showers

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:50 - Aug 18 by dirk_doone

Being representative of trainspotter fans that go every week is something I do not claim to be, nor do I have any desire to be representing them. How many games he goes to is not relevant. What Grumpy is saying is just nonsense.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:11 - Aug 18 with 1315 viewsgrumpy

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:03 - Aug 18 by Occasional_Showers

Being representative of trainspotter fans that go every week is something I do not claim to be, nor do I have any desire to be representing them. How many games he goes to is not relevant. What Grumpy is saying is just nonsense.

Since when has fans that go every week termed as 'trainspotters'?
What you say is nonsense just like those two in your picture.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:24 - Aug 18 with 1286 viewsOccasional_Showers

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:11 - Aug 18 by grumpy

Since when has fans that go every week termed as 'trainspotters'?
What you say is nonsense just like those two in your picture.

I can’t believe I’m actually having such a moronic argument, but you really do believe what you’re stating I think. Right let’s go back day 1 at St Mary’s. People who moved theirseason tickets to St Mary’s from the Dell or became season ticket holders chose where they were going to sit. Those who chose the Northam and the Itchen North chose those stands because they were next to the away fans. Now if you move the away fans somewhere else those who choose to sit next to them will move with them. It’s not rocket science grumpy ffs.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:04 - Aug 18 with 1220 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Horrible Liverpool fans on 23:55 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

There were tickets selling for £200 on sites like StubHub. A membership card alone was not enough to buy a ticket for this game. You also needed to have purchased tickets in previous seasons. I assume that the ticket agencies find it worthwhile to invest in membership cards and have previous purchase histories because they've been buying and selling tickets for years.

The few Liverpool fans that made themselves known mostly got dealt with by the Saints fans around them.

The one featured in the Daily Mail was punched in the face before he was led away by the police so that didn't end too well for him.

You could argue that if Saints fans had just passively accepted a Liverpool fan celebrating a goal in their midst, there wouldn't have been any trouble. Perhaps that is what they have got used to at some other grounds so they weren't expecting to get hit for it.

Ultimately, the root cause of the problem was the stadium's small capacity. There were plenty of both Saints and Liverpool fans who wanted tickets for this game who couldn't get them and some of them were prepared to pay £200 + for black market tickets.
[Post edited 18 Aug 0:25]

"Ultimately, the root cause of the problem was the stadium's small capacity"

Just because you more few tickets for the glory clubs doesn't mean you need to have a bigger stadium. Freedom of Information requests show that your club only averages around 26/27k over a season. Your club isn't a big club.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:11 - Aug 18 with 1218 viewsNumber_58

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:04 - Aug 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

"Ultimately, the root cause of the problem was the stadium's small capacity"

Just because you more few tickets for the glory clubs doesn't mean you need to have a bigger stadium. Freedom of Information requests show that your club only averages around 26/27k over a season. Your club isn't a big club.

Still much bigger than yours though.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:26 - Aug 18 with 1183 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:11 - Aug 18 by Number_58

Still much bigger than yours though.

When Pompey finally get some new stadium facilities, the attendances will be much greater. History tells us this is fact.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 1174 viewsOccasional_Showers

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:26 - Aug 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

When Pompey finally get some new stadium facilities, the attendances will be much greater. History tells us this is fact.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:32 - Aug 18 with 1164 viewsRon11

Horrible Liverpool fans on 10:25 - Aug 18 by dirk_doone

As someone who was trying to buy tickets for relatives from abroad who are Saints fans, I can tell you that you are talking a load of b--ll--cks, which is what we've come to expect from you. You probably weren't even at the game so your superior know-it-all attitude doesn't fool anyone.

The club wouldn't even let me buy an extra ticket several weeks in advance of the game for a £35 membership, + a ticket for the Koln game + the £65 face value: a total of more than £100.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:59]

Yes, the same with me. I just gave up.
Then I see that plastic Liverpool fans have tickets in the home end.
I 'm beginning to think I preferred the Championship days.
And finally, judging by what people I have spoken to over the last week have said, some are becoming mightily pissed off with the way this club is being run.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:35 - Aug 18 with 1155 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:30 - Aug 18 by Occasional_Showers

I offer as my first piece of evidence ... Southampton football club

Season 2000-01 .... 15k
Season 2001-02 ......30.6k

I can't think why the attendance increased

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:45 - Aug 18 with 1139 viewsPatfromPoole

I came to the conclusion some time ago that one of the main reasons quite a lot of our fans (including myself) prefer to stand next to the away fans is that not only do we not like the away fans, we don’t particularly like most of our own fans either....

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:46 - Aug 18 with 1135 viewsPatfromPoole

Therefore there will never be a universal call for a “home end”.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:47 - Aug 18 with 1131 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:45 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

I came to the conclusion some time ago that one of the main reasons quite a lot of our fans (including myself) prefer to stand next to the away fans is that not only do we not like the away fans, we don’t particularly like most of our own fans either....

The problem for your town is the lack of society. This isn't a dig, it's a fact.

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 1132 viewsgrumpy

Horrible Liverpool fans on 11:24 - Aug 18 by Occasional_Showers

I can’t believe I’m actually having such a moronic argument, but you really do believe what you’re stating I think. Right let’s go back day 1 at St Mary’s. People who moved theirseason tickets to St Mary’s from the Dell or became season ticket holders chose where they were going to sit. Those who chose the Northam and the Itchen North chose those stands because they were next to the away fans. Now if you move the away fans somewhere else those who choose to sit next to them will move with them. It’s not rocket science grumpy ffs.

I can’t believe I’m having this moronic argument either.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:54 - Aug 18 with 1123 viewsPatfromPoole

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:47 - Aug 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The problem for your town is the lack of society. This isn't a dig, it's a fact.

Far better to smash your own city up when you feel like it, yes?
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:42 - Aug 18 with 1049 viewsMarcus_y

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:35 - Aug 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I offer as my first piece of evidence ... Southampton football club

Season 2000-01 .... 15k
Season 2001-02 ......30.6k

I can't think why the attendance increased

Well done for proving we are bigger in terms of support than we seem.
Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:46 - Aug 18 with 1039 viewskingslandstand1

Horrible Liverpool fans on 12:47 - Aug 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How did the Mackems do yesterday, haven't had a chance to catch up with the results. My team lost but put up a valiant fight against the European champions
Horrible Liverpool fans on 14:41 - Aug 18 with 981 viewsSaintsforeverj

Horrible Liverpool fans on 13:46 - Aug 18 by kingslandstand1

How did the Mackems do yesterday, haven't had a chance to catch up with the results. My team lost but put up a valiant fight against the European champions

As a Saints fan, I couldn't care a less about that small team down the road playing in league one. They can say what they like but we know and they know they can't even beat Shrewsbury! I can't stand Liverpool: as for Portsmouth well who are they? Couldn't care a less about them that are no threat!
[Post edited 18 Aug 14:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019