Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skates game 08:23 - Sep 19 with 3438 viewsWinchesterExile

The problem I'm having with this game is my expectations. I want us to absolutely crush the fu*ckers. 1-0 or 2-0 to us isn't good enough. 3-0 is just about acceptable but I'm really looking for a 5-0 +.

I fear my expectations will lead to disappointment.

Skates game on 08:43 - Sep 19 with 1565 viewsthis_charming_man

strange one isn't. Probably the best time to play then as if we play well 99/100 we win. Yet also the worst time to play them as anything but a win would be absolutely hideous and we'd never hear the end of it. IM still amazed to see some of our fans say there is nothing to brag about if we beat a league one side, I guess football isn't the game for them.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Skates game on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 1556 viewsPatfromPoole

It will be a tight game.

I’d be less nervous if there was extra-time available before penalties.
Skates game on 09:25 - Sep 19 with 1510 viewsTheMoog

Skates game on 08:43 - Sep 19 by this_charming_man

strange one isn't. Probably the best time to play then as if we play well 99/100 we win. Yet also the worst time to play them as anything but a win would be absolutely hideous and we'd never hear the end of it. IM still amazed to see some of our fans say there is nothing to brag about if we beat a league one side, I guess football isn't the game for them.

Nothing to brag about? Those dopey coonts down the road are still going on about beating a League 1 side as a PL team nearly a decade ago, even though they had a ringer on the bench and got a guy in on loan that they sent back for a refund straight after the match. Saints win and they deserve everything they get.

Standby to standby

Skates game on 10:30 - Sep 19 with 1435 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates game on 09:25 - Sep 19 by TheMoog

Nothing to brag about? Those dopey coonts down the road are still going on about beating a League 1 side as a PL team nearly a decade ago, even though they had a ringer on the bench and got a guy in on loan that they sent back for a refund straight after the match. Saints win and they deserve everything they get.

Exactly. Weird isn’t it.

Skates game on 10:42 - Sep 19 with 1423 viewsBuggalugs

Skates game on 10:30 - Sep 19 by this_charming_man

Exactly. Weird isn’t it.

Surely you'd rather finish a couple of places higher in the league? I mean who wouldn't take a 12th place finish and losing to the skates over finishing 14th and stuffing them in their back yard?

#modernfootballisgreat

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Skates game on 10:45 - Sep 19 with 1414 viewssaint22

If we can't dispatch them comprehensively 2+nil then it will speak volumes about our squads appetite and hunger as clearly ability wise we are streets ahead
Skates game on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 1413 viewsdirk_doone

Skates game on 09:25 - Sep 19 by TheMoog

A win will be good but a big win will be even better. We've scored 5 against them 3 times, which is something they've never achieved against us. It would be great to make it a fourth.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=2049&team2_id=2471

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Skates game on 10:53 - Sep 19 with 1405 viewsSonicBoom

Agreed. 100% battle is the minimum I expect then our "quality" should tell.
I look at the team and I'm trying to work out who will really be up for it. We aren't exactly a team of warriors.
I'd hope PEH will be and I think Ings too.
The others in our squad would be Bertrand, Vestergaard, and Armstrong (experience from his Celtic days).
I think the atmosphere could come as a shock to the rest of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Skates game on 11:00 - Sep 19 with 1398 viewsdirk_doone

Skates game on 10:53 - Sep 19 by SonicBoom

I look at the team and I'm trying to work out who will really be up for it. We aren't exactly a team of warriors.
The others in our squad would be Bertrand, Vestergaard, and Armstrong (experience from his Celtic days).

In many ways, 'battling' is exactly what our players shouldn't get drawn into. The only way we can lose this is by getting players sent off, which is what happens to a lot of visiting teams at Fratton Park. The Pompey Boo Boys are good at booing their own team but they are also good at getting referees to give red cards and penalties. Running fast, yes, keeping the ball, yes and playing well, yes, but getting involved in battling against players who are much slower and less skilful and who will do everything they can do get one of ours sent off, no. It only takes one of our players to go flying in with an early tackle and we'll be down to 10 men and Pompey could then scrape a draw,
[Post edited 19 Sep 11:02]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Skates game on 11:04 - Sep 19 with 1385 viewsericofarabia

JWP getting sent off is probably a good bet.

He will be in for some right old scumming when he is at close quarters to the frothing hatred riddled fish/sister botherers whilst taking corners, and will probably be on the end of some agricultural tackles on the pitch.

Add Yoshida to the players who'd be up for it .... and pray that his Sumarai Warrior instinct comes out instead of Kamikazi defending

Skates game on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 1379 viewsDENZY

They're capable of getting a draw and we are capable of missing penalties. It will be tight I think.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Skates game on 11:08 - Sep 19 with 1372 viewsButty101

Skates game on 10:45 - Sep 19 by saint22

If we can't dispatch them comprehensively 2+nil then it will speak volumes about our squads appetite and hunger as clearly ability wise we are streets ahead

What like we did in 83/84 with our best ever team.....

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Skates game on 11:09 - Sep 19 with 1368 viewsdirk_doone

Skates game on 11:04 - Sep 19 by ericofarabia

JWP getting sent off is probably a good bet.

He will be in for some right old scumming when he is at close quarters to the frothing hatred riddled fish/sister botherers whilst taking corners, and will probably be on the end of some agricultural tackles on the pitch.

Add Yoshida to the players who'd be up for it .... and pray that his Sumarai Warrior instinct comes out instead of Kamikazi defending

"JWP getting sent off is probably a good bet"

I was just about to past that but you beat me to it. I wouldn't pick him for this game. Danso is another one who could be at risk of a red card. But, JWP is almost nailed on to get one if he plays.
[Post edited 19 Sep 11:11]

Skates game on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 1350 viewsChopChop

Beating them is everything, losing is unthinkable. The Bournemouth game isnt even on my radar.

I'd ruin her... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Poll: Does Hatchback enjoy having a barney on here?

Skates game on 11:22 - Sep 19 with 1335 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates game on 10:42 - Sep 19 by Buggalugs

Surely you'd rather finish a couple of places higher in the league? I mean who wouldn't take a 12th place finish and losing to the skates over finishing 14th and stuffing them in their back yard?

#modernfootballisgreat

we should probably play a second team to keep our lads fresh for the massive game away at Spuds next weekend

Skates game on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 1327 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates game on 11:00 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

In many ways, 'battling' is exactly what our players shouldn't get drawn into. The only way we can lose this is by getting players sent off, which is what happens to a lot of visiting teams at Fratton Park. The Pompey Boo Boys are good at booing their own team but they are also good at getting referees to give red cards and penalties. Running fast, yes, keeping the ball, yes and playing well, yes, but getting involved in battling against players who are much slower and less skilful and who will do everything they can do get one of ours sent off, no. It only takes one of our players to go flying in with an early tackle and we'll be down to 10 men and Pompey could then scrape a draw,
[Post edited 19 Sep 11:02]

I hope we manage to avoid being absolutely sh*t for 45 minutes like we have in most games this season. Start slowly and let them get up a head of steam and we'll be in for a battle. Play smartly, i'd expect lots off early pressure and huff and puff for them and let them blow themselves out, we should be able to catch them on the break, then take the sting out of the game.

Skates game on 11:29 - Sep 19 with 1324 viewsdirk_doone

Skates game on 11:07 - Sep 19 by DENZY

They're capable of getting a draw and we are capable of missing penalties. It will be tight I think.

A draw wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. We could bring them back to St Mary's and thrash them 6-0. We'd then have a 4 match unbeaten run against them going back a decade and bragging rights would be secure for many years to come.

For those who want to see us absolutely crush them, getting them back to our place could be the best way.

[Post edited 19 Sep 11:35]

Skates game on 11:31 - Sep 19 with 1322 viewsSonicBoom

Yep my point Dirk was that they will be up for it as will the fans. The last lot we sent down there lost the game in the tunnel before the match cos they shrank from the atmosphere.
They will pressure us and press us from the start and we better be up for that. Once they blow themselves out a bit we should be able to play.
TCM is right too - we have been terrible for the first half of most games. Ralph is a great manager for us but I dont buy this mindless "In Ralph we trust" nonsense. He needs to start getting 90 minute performances from the team.
Skates game on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1307 viewsBison

Skates game on 11:29 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

A draw wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. We could bring them back to St Mary's and thrash them 6-0. We'd then have a 4 match unbeaten run against them going back a decade and bragging rights would be secure for many years to come.

For those who want to see us absolutely crush them, getting them back to our place could be the best way.

Not an option , there will be no reply as it will go to penalties on the night.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

Skates game on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1305 viewsBuggalugs

Skates game on 11:29 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

Goes straight to penalties after 90 mins I believe......no extra time and no replays.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Skates game on 12:13 - Sep 19 with 1264 viewsWinchesterExile

Skates game on 10:42 - Sep 19 by Buggalugs

#modernfootballisgreat

But choosing between a higher league finish and beating those coonts isn't a choice we have to make on Tuesday though. We just need to absolutely crucify them on the night. Our league position will be whatever it is next May.

However, I like the idea of "stuffing them in their back yard". They talk out of their a*rses enough so stuffing them with some sort of explosive device would be a good thing.
Skates game on 12:14 - Sep 19 with 1264 views1teeminants

Skates game on 08:46 - Sep 19 by PatfromPoole

It will be a tight game.

I’d be less nervous if there was extra-time available before penalties.

We’ll stuff them 3-0 at least ffs they’re not even a decent league one side now.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Skates game on 13:42 - Sep 19 with 1152 viewsericofarabia

Skates game on 11:22 - Sep 19 by this_charming_man

we should probably play a second team to keep our lads fresh for the massive game away at Spuds next weekend

Its funny how this game has stayed off the radar .... outside of Liverpool, they are probably the team most Saints Fans want to beat due to various reasons, most recently Poch and Toby dealings and Wanyama virtually going on strike to join them. Then of course their connection with Harry Kuntflaps.Not forgetting Glenda and his spiritual home going (but we got revenge on that one with him getting sack after losing to us!!) Also having Venables as an ex player and manager who whilst England Boss black balled Le God and did a dodgy deal getting Razor Ruddock for a knockdown price via the transfer committe by putting a pathetic bid in for him whilst touting him as a future England player!! Going further back taking Chivers and giving us Frank Saul!!

To be honest I've just about forgiven Poch, and have to say their football is often great to watch and he still says nice things about us despite the abuse he received from us!! But what a week it could be putting Bomo in their place and regaining our rightful place as South Coasts Top Dogs, smashing the skates in their own backyard and then getting a rare win over Spurs!!

Lets see if Carlsberg can rustle this up for us!!
Skates game on 13:48 - Sep 19 with 1139 viewsthis_charming_man

Skates game on 10:45 - Sep 19 by saint22

Aren’t you meant to be in California?

You said you were going end of this week.
[Post edited 19 Sep 13:51]

Skates game on 13:55 - Sep 19 with 1119 viewsOc7saint

Cant believe I am actually typing this but I would like to see Shane Long start this one with Adams up top. One thing Shane Long can do is handle himself and give a bit back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019