Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cortese - was he so bad? 15:06 - May 15 with 814 viewsthis_charming_man

The main accusation against him was overspending. Yet since hes left whilst we might not have wasted money on legal fees, training ground etc weve wasted even more of big wages for crap signings. Forster, elyounoussi, austin, hoedt carillo, boufal wages alone would cover the cost of corteses over spending in a couple of years

He couldnt attact investors is another, yet i dont think he ever managed to attract an investor.who didnt exist.

He was out of control. We just who is in control now?

You can say what you like about cortese but he isnt running us any worse than we are now

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Before end of transfer window how many more posts about signing a CB?

Cortese - was he so bad? on 15:09 - May 15 with 802 viewsMarcus_y

I would agree with all of that. However, he was p1ss poor with PR and banned a lot of club legends in a kind of temper tantrum. He was a bit harsh when he did not get his way or was criticised.

Cortese - was he so bad? on 15:13 - May 15 with 794 viewssaints__fan__73

Given how reckless his spending was how come we never posted huge losses in our time in the PL under him?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Cortese - was he so bad? on 16:21 - May 15 with 742 viewsdirk_doone

Cortese - was he so bad? on 15:13 - May 15 by saints__fan__73

Given how reckless his spending was how come we never posted huge losses in our time in the PL under him?

He was an investment banker so he was fairly astute at investing money wisely. His advice to the Liebherrs made them nearly quarter of a billion pounds.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Cortese - was he so bad? on 17:51 - May 15 with 685 viewsPatfromPoole

There must be a few good reasons why no other club appears to have tried their luck with him since.

I would imagine our esteemed message board leader could think of one or two...
Cortese - was he so bad? on 18:10 - May 15 with 667 viewsdirk_doone

Cortese - was he so bad? on 17:51 - May 15 by PatfromPoole

There must be a few good reasons why no other club appears to have tried their luck with him since.

I would imagine our esteemed message board leader could think of one or two...

He has probably returned to what he knows best, financial investment. If it hadn't been for Markus Liebherr asking him, as a personal favour, to take charge at Southampton, he probably wouldn't have got involved in the stress of running a football club. Why should he?

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Cortese - was he so bad? on 18:51 - May 15 with 641 viewsOccasional_Showers

Basically he was doing Ralph's job and he achieved a lot more than that idiot. Circumstances were different though as we had a very good owner in Markus Liebherr whereas now our owners are a relegation away from asset stripping us to the bone.
Cortese - was he so bad? (n/t) on 19:40 - May 15 with 581 viewsDellHero

Cortese - was he so bad? on 18:51 - May 15 by Occasional_Showers

Basically he was doing Ralph's job and he achieved a lot more than that idiot. Circumstances were different though as we had a very good owner in Markus Liebherr whereas now our owners are a relegation away from asset stripping us to the bone.

[Post edited 16 May 6:05]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Cortese - was he so bad? on 19:47 - May 15 with 574 viewsOccasional_Showers

Cortese - was he so bad? (n/t) on 19:40 - May 15 by DellHero

[Post edited 16 May 6:05]

I think it's rattled.
Login to get fewer ads

Cortese - was he so bad? on 20:36 - May 15 with 535 viewsfranniesTache

Cortese - was he so bad? on 18:51 - May 15 by Occasional_Showers

As much as people might not've liked how he spoke Ralph actually did some really good things for the club and was roundly liked by staff at the club, he managed the Gao situation well and was integral on the restructure at the club, including increasing revenue.

I know that doesn't fit a lot of people's opinions, but a lot of people don't judge him on what he was brought in to do.
Cortese - was he so bad? (n/t) on 21:01 - May 15 with 507 viewsDellHero

Cortese - was he so bad? on 20:36 - May 15 by franniesTache

As much as people might not've liked how he spoke Ralph actually did some really good things for the club and was roundly liked by staff at the club, he managed the Gao situation well and was integral on the restructure at the club, including increasing revenue.

I know that doesn't fit a lot of people's opinions, but a lot of people don't judge him on what he was brought in to do.

[Post edited 16 May 6:06]

Poll: How much will we spend (net+ve) in the summer window

Cortese - was he so bad? on 21:40 - May 15 with 477 viewsKennington

Cortese - was he so bad? (n/t) on 21:01 - May 15 by DellHero

[Post edited 16 May 6:06]

Being liked is not always a good thing. Often being liked means things are cosy and comfortable and most winners in sport or business are actually very unlikeable.. SAF, Schumacher, Woods etc.

Cortese managed to modernise the club whether people liked it or not. Some of it was good, some of it went too far. But the man had more drive and focus then arguably anyone the club has known; at least in the post Dell era. Compare that to Ralph K. I have no idea what Ralph’s vision or strategy was for the club, which supposedly was his role. The worst of Ralph was wasting the opportunity to realise that we needed investment when we had qualified for Europe. That was just negligence.

Cortese was though in some ways fortunate as the time he took over, as it’s easier to buy your way out of lesgue 1 than maintain a top 10 premier league place. Still I’d welcome him back.
[Post edited 15 May 21:43]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Cortese - was he so bad? on 09:39 - May 16 with 291 viewssaints__fan__73

Cortese - was he so bad? on 16:21 - May 15 by dirk_doone

He was an investment banker so he was fairly astute at investing money wisely. His advice to the Liebherrs made them nearly quarter of a billion pounds.

Yes, yes, yes I know he made Fat Kat a quarter of a billion but he did go a bit over budget on the Staplewood re-development so she was well within her rights to get rid of the Italian Dwarf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019