Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man United Far From Sell Out 13:37 - Aug 19 with 3713 viewsSaintNick

Loads of tickets still left for the United game , judging by the number left season ticket sales were down

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:32 - Aug 20 with 1139 viewsButty101

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:09 - Aug 20 by PatfromPoole

We were avoiding tax as well.

Our attendances were really 50,000.

Eat it.

I love her facts built around pompey mythology.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:35 - Aug 20 with 1122 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:32 - Aug 20 by Butty101

I love her facts built around pompey mythology.

I supplied a BBC report for reference.

You have supplied 'words'

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:08 - Aug 20 with 1107 viewsBuggalugs

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:35 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

BBC or not, to suggest just under a quarter of the stadium was empty for our home games against Bournemouth and Chelsea last season is ridiculous.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 1080 viewsButty101

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 11:35 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I must of missed the bit in the article that said Pompey where getting 50k gates really

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:46 - Aug 20 with 1058 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:31 - Aug 20 by Butty101

I must of missed the bit in the article that said Pompey where getting 50k gates really

It's difficult I know, but clubs in the old days didn't have a plethora of season ticket holders, so there was no chance of over estimating the attendance. There was also a good opportunity to under-estimate the attendances as there was no way for HMRC to check them. These days, there is no chance of skipping the attendances as it they are traceable.

Also, these days, most clubs just count the season ticket holders as standard. This is fact. deny it if you will.

Pompey having over 50k at a game is difficult, I do realise this.

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:56 - Aug 20 with 1056 viewsButty101

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:46 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It's difficult I know, but clubs in the old days didn't have a plethora of season ticket holders, so there was no chance of over estimating the attendance. There was also a good opportunity to under-estimate the attendances as there was no way for HMRC to check them. These days, there is no chance of skipping the attendances as it they are traceable.

Also, these days, most clubs just count the season ticket holders as standard. This is fact. deny it if you will.

No doubt your grandad was there and he told you about it.

Clever chap like yourself, with to much time on your hands, will easily find prrof to back up your fact. Maybe you could find a picture and count every spectator...

Man United Far From Sell Out on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 1043 viewsSaintNick

Man United Far From Sell Out on 10:20 - Aug 20 by saints__fan__73

The PL is becoming less and less attractive to people who aren't fans of the Big 6 every day.

You are one of the few who are as fanatical now as you were 40 years ago but you are in small minority Nick. Personally I think this is more you remembering what things were like in the 70s/80s. Can you really expect a Saints fan getting into the game now to be a fanatical as you were back then given the state of the PL today?

We are in a league where the top 6 are untouchable and the other 14 teams are just sacrificial lambs for the foreign tv crowds to watch be slaughtered as warm-up fights for the big boys in between their battles among themselves.

We are in a league where, if all goes well and we do as well as we possibly can do and all our signings come off..... we can come SEVENTH. Is that really that much to get excited about?

Asking anyone to be a fan of Saints today is like asking someone to be a devout fan of that team the Harlem Globetrotters drag around the world to play against every game.

I would accept that argument if it wasn't for the fact that it is completely wrong, attendances these days are far higher than they were 40 years ago, the reality is that the game is more popular than it was in the 70's 80's.

The truth is that some teams supporters seem to be more loyal than others even outside of the top six, Leicester for example and it is not just the title winning thing, they were full up before that

Man United Far From Sell Out on 14:35 - Aug 20 with 1007 viewsdirk_doone

Man United Far From Sell Out on 13:13 - Aug 20 by SaintNick

I would accept that argument if it wasn't for the fact that it is completely wrong, attendances these days are far higher than they were 40 years ago, the reality is that the game is more popular than it was in the 70's 80's.

The truth is that some teams supporters seem to be more loyal than others even outside of the top six, Leicester for example and it is not just the title winning thing, they were full up before that

In fact, there is not a big difference between us historically in spite of the fact Leicester had a capacity of over 45,000 for many years and have won 4 major trophies to our 1. Major trophies always give a big boost to a club's support and when you compare attendances relative to trophies won, we are just about the best supported team in the land.

Incidentally if these stats included the last two seasons, we'd now be ahead of Derby in this list:

https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/attendance-all-time.html
[Post edited 20 Aug 14:44]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Login to get fewer ads

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:49 - Aug 20 with 995 viewsChesham_Saint

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:31 - Aug 20 by Butty101

Hmm... who remembers the 'Pack the Park' initiative? Now, what was all that about?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:53 - Aug 20 with 991 viewsBlue

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 10:47 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Except that freedom of information requests show the true picture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878

Your club has possibly only averaged over 30k once or maybe twice. Add to this the fact that last year attendances for the top flight were as high as the best ever attendances, and you realise that your club were averaging around 27k with the FOI taken into account, and our club averaged 37k.

Back in the day, fans would be able to get more than one fan in through the turn-style at a time, and clubs would often declare attendances to be less than they were for tax reasons. Most clubs would do this, and it easy to understand why. Therefore, Pompey were possibly averaging around 40k, a full 13k above your club.

Soton will never top the Pompey average. I know it's hard for you to accept it, but it's true. And get over the stadium expansion plan, the owners have sussed that you will never need it.

From that BBC link: Manchester City's largest discrepancy was 15,277 for the visit of Southampton on Wednesday, 29 November 2017 (53,407 compared with 38,130).

That's a complete fabrication, I was at that match, along with some of the others, and there is no way on earth, that we were 16,000 down on capacity.

Funny too, how the figures for united matched EXACTLY.

That report has been discredited by nearly every club it produced figures for, so you, lad, are bullsh1tting.

Still stood in the Kippax

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:59 - Aug 20 with 987 viewsSaintNick

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:53 - Aug 20 by Blue

From that BBC link: Manchester City's largest discrepancy was 15,277 for the visit of Southampton on Wednesday, 29 November 2017 (53,407 compared with 38,130).

That's a complete fabrication, I was at that match, along with some of the others, and there is no way on earth, that we were 16,000 down on capacity.

That report has been discredited by nearly every club it produced figures for, so you, lad, are bullsh1tting.

I saw our so called comparison figures and for some games in 2017/18 they were laughable, our second last home game against Bournemouth where there wasnt an empty seat in the house due to what was riding on the game the attendance was given as 24,000.

That would mean literally an entire end and a block's worth of seats were empty and you could see that there werent that many free.

Same I would imagine at the Etihad, that discrepancy is over a quarter of the ground, you would notice that much

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:59 - Aug 20 with 987 viewsdirk_doone

Just about everything 130 comes out with is a complete fabrication. Police estimates are considerably less reliable than the number of tickets sold. They could feed him any made up numbers and he would lap them up and regurgitate them, if they somehow made Saints support look smaller than it really is and pompey's bigger.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 15:11 - Aug 20 with 975 viewsChesham_Saint

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 14:59 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

Just about everything 130 comes out with is a complete fabrication. Police estimates are considerably less reliable than the number of tickets sold. They could feed him any made up numbers and he would lap them up and regurgitate them, if they somehow made Saints support look smaller than it really is and pompey's bigger.

I think 130 must have problems with his penis. Ironic really, as almost all his claims are cock and bull.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Man United Far From Sell Out on 22:59 - Aug 20 with 896 viewscocklebreath

Man United Far From Sell Out on 14:26 - Aug 19 by SaintNick

You could be right, although those who have a purchase history datng back the last six years must run into the 60-70 k mark, there will be a few who slip through the net.

If we cant sell this one out then we dont need to expand the stadium that is for sure.

We could also solve the problem of away fans in home sections if we had allocated a section where we could get all those in home sections in the away end.

Or the club have got pricing totally wrong, imagine that?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Man United Far From Sell Out on 00:14 - Aug 21 with 874 viewsdirk_doone

Man United Far From Sell Out on 22:59 - Aug 20 by cocklebreath

Or the club have got pricing totally wrong, imagine that?

Although, as a fan who wants to see my club progress, I don't agree with their strategy, the truth is they have got their pricing almost exactly right to JUST fill the stadium at the intersection of the supply and demand curves.

It's currently taking £65 ticket prices to do that. It won't be long before they have to push the prices up to £100. Any cheaper and there will be excess demand; any more expensive and there will be excess supply.

As the city's population continues to grow, they will need to increase ticket prices even more in future. The problem is, as I see it as a fan, is that this means the stadium will be filled with only the wealthiest section of our fan base, who can afford the high ticket prices. I've noticed this happening already. It alienates poorer people in the area, who have to turn to cheaper alternatives.

Go to areas like Thornhill on match days and you will see kids in fake SFC shirts (let's face it the club is so disorganised nowadays that nobody can buy an official one even if they could afford it) causing mischief as their dads watch the match live inside a pub, simply because none of them can afford the high ticket prices. Those are the very same areas that our hardcore support used to come from.
[Post edited 21 Aug 7:49]

Man United Far From Sell Out on 07:28 - Aug 21 with 806 viewscocklebreath

Man United Far From Sell Out on 00:14 - Aug 21 by dirk_doone

Although, as a fan who wants to see my club progress, I don't agree with their strategy, the truth is they have got their pricing almost exactly right to JUST fill the stadium at the intersection of the supply and demand curves.

It's currently taking £65 ticket prices to do that. It won't be long before they have to push the prices up to £100. Any cheaper and there will be excess demand; any more expensive and there will be excess supply.

As the city's population continues to grow, they will need to increase ticket prices even more in future. The problem is, as I see it as a fan, is that this means the stadium will be filled with only the wealthiest section of our fan base, who can afford the high ticket prices. I've noticed this happening already. It alienates poorer people in the area, who have to turn to cheaper alternatives.

Go to areas like Thornhill on match days and you will see kids in fake SFC shirts (let's face it the club is so disorganised nowadays that nobody can buy an official one even if they could afford it) causing mischief as their dads watch the match live inside a pub, simply because none of them can afford the high ticket prices. Those are the very same areas that our hardcore support used to come from.
[Post edited 21 Aug 7:49]

All very sad

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:05 - Aug 21 with 760 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad

What is DENIAL?

Part of defence mechanisms to put away unpleasant thoughts and wishes from our conscious awarenes.. Also called disavowal.

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:12 - Aug 21 with 760 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 12:46 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your mother has a penis.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Man United Far From Sell Out on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 754 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Man United Far From Sell Out on 14:35 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

In fact, there is not a big difference between us historically in spite of the fact Leicester had a capacity of over 45,000 for many years and have won 4 major trophies to our 1. Major trophies always give a big boost to a club's support and when you compare attendances relative to trophies won, we are just about the best supported team in the land.

Incidentally if these stats included the last two seasons, we'd now be ahead of Derby in this list:

https://www.nufc.com/2019-20html/attendance-all-time.html
[Post edited 20 Aug 14:44]

A new attendance stat. Fans per Trophy. It's a great idea if you're a Soton fan and need something to cling to.

I can't believe Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle and Sheff Utd are ahead of you as well as Wolves, Birmingham, Boro and West Brom who have only won minor titles.

I bet winning trophies 100 years ago must warm the cockles of the hearts of the Newcastle and Sheff Wednesday fans.

How about doing a Fans per major trophy stat for the last 50 years, and seeing how high up your club come?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:18 - Aug 21 with 751 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:12 - Aug 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Your mother has a penis.

You should know, you've seen it.

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 750 viewsSaintNick

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:18 - Aug 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Doesn't matter who started it play nicely

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:22 - Aug 21 with 748 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:18 - Aug 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 13:07 - Aug 21 with 703 viewsfranniesTache

yup it posts on here every day
Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 13:33 - Aug 22 with 579 viewsBison

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 10:47 - Aug 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Except that freedom of information requests show the true picture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878

Your club has possibly only averaged over 30k once or maybe twice. Add to this the fact that last year attendances for the top flight were as high as the best ever attendances, and you realise that your club were averaging around 27k with the FOI taken into account, and our club averaged 37k.

Back in the day, fans would be able to get more than one fan in through the turn-style at a time, and clubs would often declare attendances to be less than they were for tax reasons. Most clubs would do this, and it easy to understand why. Therefore, Pompey were possibly averaging around 40k, a full 13k above your club.

Soton will never top the Pompey average. I know it's hard for you to accept it, but it's true. And get over the stadium expansion plan, the owners have sussed that you will never need it.

It's a load of bollox as the figures are being questioned by an esteemed member of the footballing community -

"Meanwhile, Southampton season ticket holder Nick Illingsworth has questioned police figures given the biggest discrepancies came when they were battling for survival against Chelsea and Bournemouth."

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 20:05 - Aug 22 with 496 viewsBlue

Give it a rest, Nick. You know it will be sold out. on 09:05 - Aug 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad

What is DENIAL?

Part of defence mechanisms to put away unpleasant thoughts and wishes from our conscious awarenes.. Also called disavowal.

As I told you, just about every club mentioned in that report, discredited it.

I'm a season ticket holder, don't you think I'd notice 10k average seats empty every game? You're a bit daft, aren't you?

As for using the Sun as a reference, I think that proves my last point. Comical.

Not as comical as losing a lead at home to 9 men though, a team that hasn't even got a home stadium, now THAT, was comical....

Still stood in the Kippax

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019