Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! 17:56 - Jun 11 with 1179 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

new Treasury analysis shows - Published 23 May 2016
This From the experts?
HM Treasury, Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street, The Rt Hon George Osborne, and The Rt Hon David Cameron

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Today's news 11'TH JUNE 2019 - ..... UK unemployment falls again to its lowest level since 1974 - and pay is up too - despite Britain's Brexit paralysis!
Number of people out of work fell by 34,000 to 1.3m in three months to April
The overall employment rate of 76.1% is the highest total since records began in 1971.

IF ONLY everyone got behind and embraced Brexit ...... We could do so much more - for the good of the whole world ..... let alone our children and their future children and their families.
[Post edited 11 Jun 18:12]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:02 - Jun 11 with 1035 viewsthis_charming_man

Employment is booming, Even bumbling les wasn’t out of work for long!

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: Would you welcome a gambling firm as short sponsor?

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:08 - Jun 11 with 1022 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:02 - Jun 11 by this_charming_man

See what I mean Ha ! Ha !

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:30 - Jun 11 with 996 viewsHeisenberg

Have we left ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:33 - Jun 11 with 993 viewsChesham_Saint

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:02 - Jun 11 by this_charming_man

Where’d he get a job? I thought he was collecting his pension...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:37 - Jun 11 with 989 viewsDeargDoom

Just one little point, in case it escaped your notice. WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET!!!!
Wait till we do leave (God help us) and the UK car industry figures start to kick in for a start. Not forgetting our MEPs as well who thankfully in most cases will be unemployed (Rupert, Widdy and Farage).

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:56 - Jun 11 with 957 viewsMarcus_y

Why are remainders such hypocrites? Every time something bad happens it is because of Brexit, even though we have not actually Brexited yet. Then when someone posts something positive they go back to the we have not left yet, invalidating their own previous arguments. Christ people are idiots.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:53 - Jun 11 with 910 viewsJaySaint

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:30 - Jun 11 by Heisenberg

Have we left ?

No. not the point though
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:56 - Jun 11 with 904 viewscocklebreath

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:53 - Jun 11 by JaySaint

No. not the point though

Sort of is

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 21:34 - Jun 11 with 832 viewsJaySaint

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:56 - Jun 11 by cocklebreath

Sort of is

it isnt.
Much of the project fear statements were about a vote to leave.
Leaving would bring even more hell on earth, there after

we voted to leave, NONE of the ridiculous predictions about voting to leave (not actually leaving) have come to pass.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 21:43 - Jun 11 with 823 viewskingslandstand1

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:33 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

Where’d he get a job? I thought he was collecting his pension...

He is. He's with the FA
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:00 - Jun 11 with 799 viewsRon11

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:37 - Jun 11 by DeargDoom

Just one little point, in case it escaped your notice. WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET!!!!
Wait till we do leave (God help us) and the UK car industry figures start to kick in for a start. Not forgetting our MEPs as well who thankfully in most cases will be unemployed (Rupert, Widdy and Farage).

And when the Germans, French and Italians start shitting themselves about their car, wine and cheese exports to the UK.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:17 - Jun 11 with 786 viewsHeisenberg

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 21:34 - Jun 11 by JaySaint

it isnt.
Much of the project fear statements were about a vote to leave.
Leaving would bring even more hell on earth, there after

we voted to leave, NONE of the ridiculous predictions about voting to leave (not actually leaving) have come to pass.

Have you been to the same parties as Michael Gove ? Or Boris for that matter.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 23:41 - Jun 11 with 719 viewskernow

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:00 - Jun 11 by Ron11

And when the Germans, French and Italians start shitting themselves about their car, wine and cheese exports to the UK.

Yep. We're not alone when it comes to the loss of thousands of livelihoods.
I'm all ears about hearing the positives of all this.
Over to you.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 05:08 - Jun 12 with 663 viewsJaySaint

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:17 - Jun 11 by Heisenberg

no.
I remember being told by all of the main players who wanted us to remain, what would happen the day of a vote leave.

Osborne said there would be an emergency budget, 700k immediate job losses, housing market crash etc

which would all get worse when we actually left.

impact predicted for a vote leave (to only get worse after leaving)...
After two years GDP would be 6% lower and 800,000 UK jobs would be lost, compared to a vote to remain

The value of the pound would fall by 15% and there would be a further increase in inflation of 2.7 percentage points

with a hit to the value of people’s homes of 18%.

In this scenario net government borrowing would increase by around £39 billion, compared with a vote to remain

the Treasury finds that a vote to leave the EU would cause an economic shock that would tip Britain into recession

none of it has happened, but you know that
[Post edited 12 Jun 5:38]
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 06:24 - Jun 12 with 651 viewsOccasional_Showers

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:17 - Jun 11 by Heisenberg

I've often thought dinner at Jacob Rees Moggs London mansion would be the pinaccle of high society fine dini g. I expect impeccable food, service and fine wine served on the finest China with silver flatware accompanied by great conversation in a most elegantly decorated dining room bedecked with fine Georgian furniture. What more could you ask for?
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 09:25 - Jun 12 with 594 viewsRon11

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 23:41 - Jun 11 by kernow

Yep. We're not alone when it comes to the loss of thousands of livelihoods.
I'm all ears about hearing the positives of all this.
Over to you.

I'm in Cornwall now. They should build a wall to keep others out (and keep me in).
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 09:37 - Jun 12 with 587 viewskernow

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 09:25 - Jun 12 by Ron11

I'm in Cornwall now. They should build a wall to keep others out (and keep me in).

Should keep a few masons busy for a while.
We don't need a decent rail link that doesn't get washed away when there's a storm surge. We need a wall to keep the buggers out.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:18 - Jun 12 with 460 viewsDorsetIan

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 06:24 - Jun 12 by Occasional_Showers

I've often thought dinner at Jacob Rees Moggs London mansion would be the pinaccle of high society fine dini g. I expect impeccable food, service and fine wine served on the finest China with silver flatware accompanied by great conversation in a most elegantly decorated dining room bedecked with fine Georgian furniture. What more could you ask for?

You and Jacob both being elsewhere.

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 08:22 - Jun 13 with 374 viewskentsouthampton

The OP doesn't seem to realise we have not left yet.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 10:06 - Jun 14 with 285 viewsarfurdent

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 22:00 - Jun 11 by Ron11

like they care

ICO coming

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 17:39 - Jun 14 with 246 viewsJaySaint

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 08:22 - Jun 13 by kentsouthampton

The OP doesn't seem to realise we have not left yet.

not what was predicted though. not hard to understand

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:22 - Jun 14 with 228 viewsDorsetIan

Even if you take the view that the predictions about what would happen to the UK economy the day after the Brexit vote turned out to be 'project fear' and false, it simply doesn't follow that any predictions about what will follow our actual exit and, more importantly, our exit on a 'no deal' basis can likewise simply be dismissed on the same basis.

It doesn't follow because the first is an assessment of the economic impact of the decision alone (and so is only a prediction about 'market' response) whereas the other things are assessments about the economic impact of real (and therefore much more obviously predicable) changes to our legal/trading status as a nation.

Anyone who tries to conflate the two is either being very dim or very dishonest.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:43 - Jun 14 with 216 viewsOccasional_Showers

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:22 - Jun 14 by DorsetIan

Even if you take the view that the predictions about what would happen to the UK economy the day after the Brexit vote turned out to be 'project fear' and false, it simply doesn't follow that any predictions about what will follow our actual exit and, more importantly, our exit on a 'no deal' basis can likewise simply be dismissed on the same basis.

It doesn't follow because the first is an assessment of the economic impact of the decision alone (and so is only a prediction about 'market' response) whereas the other things are assessments about the economic impact of real (and therefore much more obviously predicable) changes to our legal/trading status as a nation.

Anyone who tries to conflate the two is either being very dim or very dishonest.

Nobody would ever consider you dim Ian.
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:01 - Jun 14 with 197 viewsEdward

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 18:43 - Jun 14 by Occasional_Showers

Nobody would ever consider you dim Ian.

No never would we call our Ian dim........
Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 20:03 - Jun 14 with 154 viewsDorsetIan

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 UK jobs lost if it left EU! on 19:01 - Jun 14 by Edward

No never would we call our Ian dim........

Good to see you back on the forum, Edward. Where has Katie been keeping you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019