Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First football memory 10:54 - Jul 10 with 609 viewsWhiteknight

Apologies if done before. Interested to see what other's first memories are.

Mine was the family watching 1966 World Cup final - I thought it would always be like that

First Saints memory - watching Saints on Southern Soccer on Southern TV.

First live Saints match - a pre-season friendly at the Dell. I think it was against either Partick Thistle or Japan. I remember we won.

Poll: Dover shambles - what's to blame?

First football memory on 11:28 - Jul 10 with 593 viewsWints76

First football memory is my mum saying how nasty Willie Young was for fouling Paul Allen in the 1980 Cup final. First match watched was the 81 Cup final replay when Villa scored that goal.

First Saints memory is losing 2-1 at home to Spurs in 81/2, and my grandad was in what I assume was Wilton Rd Eye hospital and I saw all the crowds.

First game was beating Everton 3-2 a year later

I expect this thread will still end up like a Breitbart editorial though...

First football memory on 11:40 - Jul 10 with 581 viewsPatfromPoole

FIrst memory was watching Mick Channon’s goal celebration on The Big Match in the late 70’s and thinking how epic it was.

First game attended: Boscombe v Sheffield United in the old Div 4 in 1981. Both teams ended up getting promoted. Though my heart was never in watching Boscombe. Obviously....

First football memory on 12:34 - Jul 10 with 556 viewsfranniesTache

Not sure if it counts as a football memory but my first memory of a football related thing was the mascot for the 82 Spain World Cup, Naranjito, and the England Admiral kit.

First Saints memory was my first game, Saints Coventry 8-2 in 1984, i thought that was how football was going to be, how f*cking wrong i was

First football memory on 13:57 - Jul 10 with 513 viewsBuggalugs

First proper memory of a match was 1986 FA Cup final - Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton, closely followed by the Mexico 86 World Cup.

First Saints memory/live match - Saints 2- 0 Sheffield United, 1990.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

First football memory on 15:46 - Jul 10 with 489 viewsericofarabia

Can't remember anything about the actual game of the 1st match I attended, but do remember being amazed at how green the pitch was, how white the markings and goal posts were, and how vivid the Red and White Stripes and Black Shorts looked!!

It was our 1st ever Top Tier Game v Man City 1966 ... before we had Colour TV at home and before the days of replica kits as well, so the colours really struck me.

I was a bit apprehensive about being seperated from dad as I was passed over peoples heads to the front by the wall. I can quite clearly remember hearing adults swearing in public for the 1st time in my life as well .... much to my amusement!!

First football memory on 17:10 - Jul 10 with 451 viewscocklebreath

First football memory was listening to a Saints match on the radio, think we won 5-1 and Cockerill scored a hatrick? Maybe sheff wed. First Saints game mid 80’s against Man.u finished 1-1 Nick Holmes scored for Saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

First football memory on 02:22 - Jul 11 with 352 viewsScoot

Watching a programme called "The Big Match" on Sunday afternoons & the first game I went to was about 1978/80. Sat in the west stand one evening watching us play Arsenal I think? All I really remember is we lost & I got upset so we went to the club after for a coke.

First football memory on 08:59 - Jul 11 with 297 viewsHeisenberg

The dog eating my brothers favourite subutteo player. He had a tantrum and was sent to bed early. I laughed at him which wound him up even more resulting in me getting an early one as well. We stuck what was left of the subutteo player back together but he was never the same. It was Terry Paine but when you flicked him he went sideways.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

First football memory on 09:24 - Jul 11 with 289 viewsChesham_Saint

First football memory on 15:46 - Jul 10 by ericofarabia

Can't remember anything about the actual game of the 1st match I attended, but do remember being amazed at how green the pitch was, how white the markings and goal posts were, and how vivid the Red and White Stripes and Black Shorts looked!!

It was our 1st ever Top Tier Game v Man City 1966 ... before we had Colour TV at home and before the days of replica kits as well, so the colours really struck me.

I was a bit apprehensive about being seperated from dad as I was passed over peoples heads to the front by the wall. I can quite clearly remember hearing adults swearing in public for the 1st time in my life as well .... much to my amusement!!

Yes! Eric bang on with how vividly green the grass was (my first match being an evening kick off v West Ham). The colours just seemed so bright.

Another early memory is a kid scrawling pompey on the window condensation on the school bus. I asked “who or what is a pompey?”

Some things never change.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019