Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CB thread 218 07:24 - Jul 30 with 525 viewssaintwizzler

This article tells it
Yes?
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17802420.southampton-want-sell-players-transfe

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

CB thread 218 on 07:44 - Jul 30 with 489 viewssaint22

Sell them for less than we wanted, get their wages off the bill and attitudes out the door and then bring in a CB we need so badly
Otherwise its gonna be another long season
CB thread 218 on 08:01 - Jul 30 with 464 viewsthis_charming_man

CB thread 218 on 07:44 - Jul 30 by saint22

Sell them for less than we wanted, get their wages off the bill and attitudes out the door and then bring in a CB we need so badly

You predicted we’d finish 12th without a new centre back, only s minimum of 2 places higher with one. On what basis is that “another long season”?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

CB thread 218 on 08:10 - Jul 30 with 452 viewsthis_charming_man

That is basically a rehash of two of my posts on here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/242070/3525448/my-cryst
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/244021/transfer-window-

#alwaysahead
#calleditesarly
#bewareoffalseprophets

CB thread 218 on 08:26 - Jul 30 with 434 viewssaintwizzler

CB thread 218 on 08:10 - Jul 30 by this_charming_man

That is basically a rehash of two of my posts on here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/242070/3525448/my-cryst
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/244021/transfer-window-

#alwaysahead
#calleditesarly
#bewareoffalseprophets

The Daily Echo hacks are stalking you pal.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

CB thread 218 on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 429 viewsBuggalugs

CB thread 218 on 07:44 - Jul 30 by saint22

We purchased Bundesliga regular Vestergaard last summer for £20m. The summer before, we purchased Hoedt for £15m, a Serie A regular. At the time, pretty much all Saints fans were pleased with these signings as they both cost a few bob and were regulars for their previous clubs, in good quality leagues.

In 2017, we also signed Bednerek for £6m, from the Polish League. Most Saints fans, particularly on here, were up in arms about this; "no ambition", "cheap option", "nice one Les" etc etc.

Fast forward a year or two; Hoedt and Vestergaard are a pile of shite and we should pay up their contracts and let them go for free, just to get rid. Bednerek on the other hand is our best defender and should always be in the side.

Good centre backs don't grow on tree's and are in high demand these days, £85m valuations for Maguire and £45m for Dunk are a case in point. We've tried to address the problem, but it just hasn't worked out, the same way that Van Dijk, Alderweireld and Lovren did work out. I don't think it's all as simple as you make out.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

CB thread 218 on 09:05 - Jul 30 with 389 viewsRon11

CB thread 218 on 08:29 - Jul 30 by Buggalugs

We purchased Bundesliga regular Vestergaard last summer for £20m. The summer before, we purchased Hoedt for £15m, a Serie A regular. At the time, pretty much all Saints fans were pleased with these signings as they both cost a few bob and were regulars for their previous clubs, in good quality leagues.

In 2017, we also signed Bednerek for £6m, from the Polish League. Most Saints fans, particularly on here, were up in arms about this; "no ambition", "cheap option", "nice one Les" etc etc.

Fast forward a year or two; Hoedt and Vestergaard are a pile of shite and we should pay up their contracts and let them go for free, just to get rid. Bednerek on the other hand is our best defender and should always be in the side.

Good centre backs don't grow on tree's and are in high demand these days, £85m valuations for Maguire and £45m for Dunk are a case in point. We've tried to address the problem, but it just hasn't worked out, the same way that Van Dijk, Alderweireld and Lovren did work out. I don't think it's all as simple as you make out.

How did Van Dijk, Lovren and Alderweireld 'work out'?
They didn't want to stay here.
CB thread 218 on 09:20 - Jul 30 with 371 viewsthis_charming_man

CB thread 218 on 08:26 - Jul 30 by saintwizzler

The Daily Echo hacks are stalking you pal.

Nick is at it too.

CB thread 218 on 09:42 - Jul 30 with 349 viewsBuggalugs

CB thread 218 on 09:05 - Jul 30 by Ron11

How did Van Dijk, Lovren and Alderweireld 'work out'?
They didn't want to stay here.

Are you for real? You need to get in the real world pal.

Login to get fewer ads

CB thread 218 on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 331 viewsthis_charming_man

CB thread 218 on 08:29 - Jul 30 by Buggalugs

I am also amused at the amount of fans who slagged off Boufal for having a bad attutide, plays for himself, being sh*t, arrogant, moody etc etc are now saying how excited they are to see him this season and how we shouldn't sell him for e10m, that is wayyyyy too cheap.

CB thread 218 on 10:14 - Jul 30 with 315 viewsRon11

CB thread 218 on 09:42 - Jul 30 by Buggalugs

Are you for real? You need to get in the real world pal.

Your opinion counts for nothing.
CB thread 218 on 10:49 - Jul 30 with 296 viewsBuggalugs

CB thread 218 on 10:14 - Jul 30 by Ron11

Your opinion counts for nothing.

So you blame the club for signing great players that all the top clubs want , but you also blame the club for signing shite players that no other clubs want?

You should of stuck with supporting Gillignham pal.

CB thread 218 on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 260 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I still can't believe the genius les Reed left your club in this position. I don't know why you don't just let players go for nothing, and just admit the Reed years were a mistake.

Of course, with Forster, you'd need to pay the club to 'take' him off your hands. £3 million might do it. It might be an idea to get a psychiatrist to assess each player before signing.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

CB thread 218 on 11:42 - Jul 30 with 258 viewsthis_charming_man

CB thread 218 on 11:37 - Jul 30 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I still can't believe the genius les Reed left your club in this position. I don't know why you don't just let players go for nothing, and just admit the Reed years were a mistake.

Of course, with Forster, you'd need to pay the club to 'take' him off your hands. £3 million might do it. It might be an idea to get a psychiatrist to assess each player before signing.

Bradley subbed off, 130 subbed on.

CB thread 218 on 11:48 - Jul 30 with 251 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

CB thread 218 on 11:42 - Jul 30 by this_charming_man

Bradley subbed off, 130 subbed on.

You haven't disagreed that I have made some valid points.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019